H r e file rejection

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season H r e file rejection

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Sam.
  • Topic Starter
    Sam

I keep getting the error that says for each child on scheduled eic( form 1040) qualifyingchildSNN and childBrithyr must match that in e file data base. Wtf is going on. Its typed in correctly
      No one else has claimed them. Should I just switch toturbo tax? Never used h and r before and nothing but issues
      Any help would be amazing. Thank you

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Sam

Just an update. I said screw h and r block. Filed with turbo tax. No issues. Accepted within 20 mins of filing with turbo tax. Just h and r block issue I guess

Scott

I just removed one dependant at a time until it wad accepted then mailed my 1040x to get anothr $600 later

Sam

Ok thank you very much. Btw how did you figure out what they had on file?

Scott

I had that problem for 3 tax seasons where my oldests ss number was like already claimed. Either sombody got there info or its an error. You can either remove a dependant until it gets accepted and then mail in an admendment or just maul in the return with your dependants. In a year they wilk ask you to mail in proof you can claim them

Metalheart

It could be that the IRS are the ones that have it wrong, might want to check with them. I had a problem many years ago where the IRS had my wrong birth date on file. I remember it being a huge hassle to fix, so for a couple of years I just put in what they had. Didn’t bother fixing it until I got married & had to change my name anyway.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.