FYI: TurboTax is increasing fees

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season FYI: TurboTax is increasing fees

• Topic Starter
    patientlywaiting

Just an FYI for those who haven’t filed yet. I just got an email saying TurboTax is increasing their fees after Feb 29, 2020. So if you’re planning on using them file now before the 29th…. I don’t use them and don’t plan to next year…..

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        JgWentTaxWorth
          @lifeontheline

Zack

Same here dude .

I put the protection blah bmah blah
          And i do it because ive done it every year

I feel some what safer

Noonesinterested
            @erica87

Next year I not filing with them anymore why I keep getting charge 120 and it supposed be fee

Zack
              @zack

Tt hit me with 230$ this year lmao

Brett
                @ultraclutch9

Haha you dont even wanna know what I pay for mine 🤣🤣🤣 dont matter I dont wannahave to deal with an audit or any bs tax person takes control of it all and I get so much back what I pay is tiny in comparison but 70 bucks is chump change lol all good tho

Texas$

There is a lawsuit against Turbo Tax about ppl paying for free services. I’ve filed with Turbo the last 5 years. I sent all my documents in so I can get my compensation.

Vickster

I used Credit Karma for the first time this year. Tired of all of the hidden Turbotax fees. I know it’s not a lot, but Credit Karma got me back $40 more than Turbotax would have, and I didn’t have to pay a single fee.

patientlywaiting

@jstarr yeah I tried them out one year and said I could file for free but at the end said there was a fee so I stopped before hitting that submit button and did it with hrb for free. There’s a trick to these online filing systems you just gotta read very carefully and how you answer certain questions is what gets you.

Jennifer Starr
                        @jstarr

It cost me 30.00 just to file, then a 40.00 fee for having the original filing fee taken out of refund, so a total of 70.00, I will not be using them again next year. There are too many free filing services to go through this.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.