FYI checking WMR multiple times a day can trigger ID check

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season FYI checking WMR multiple times a day can trigger ID check

• Topic Starter
    kevinh
      @sprintcupfan88

IRS agent told me checking WMR and the mobile app multiple times a day or acceding the daily limit can trigger an ID Verification letter. Appears as if multiple persons are trying to access your refund info.

Viewing 24 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Smkillion
          @smkillion1

I was told by the irs no it doesnt so idk.I kept trying to check because the computer glitched and changed my filing status from hoh to single.So idk whats the truth.Honestly tho i was chosen to id verify

Godhead

Fake News

Mike

Yeah, but redacted talked to two agents. So…. lol.

Matthew Bishop

I just talked to IRS she said that’s 100 percent false.

Sarah
                  @sarah21

@willbeas Exactly what I do now.

Ams78

@willbeas…you just made me crack up! “ I locked myself out everyday last year and the years before….” 🤣 Me too!!!

Manny

Bull

Shit

Mike

Nord VPN Ad: Insert.

Johnj

Bs because they keep track of your IP address

Chosenone

Bs

WillBeas
                              @willbeas

I lock myself out everyday last year and years before….that’s absurd. I’m just patient this year and check here 1st before logging in. If read about movement on here then I check this year

Mike

Words mean things.

redacted B

Sorry, guess I should’ve worded my response better. What he’s saying IS TRUE that an agent told him this. As I had 2 agents tell me the same thing. I’m not saying what THEY said was the truth. Jesus ppl you’re OCD as fuck. Call them and ask them whether it’s the truth. You call them over every damn thing else.

Shaun

Though ive never called ! Im sure it tells you nothing more?? Who knows

iwantmyrefundinsteadofigotmyrefund

ive spammed iy every year since it dropped and never once did it trigger anything. sounds like some bullshit think about thst

Mike

If this were true, every single person on this forum would be getting Id verification request. How many posts have you read that by 01:00 AM they’ve been locked out due to too many logins?

Damerne

Sounds like a canned response to help get rid of some of the online traffic on their systems. Every year since 2012 I have used WMR on each platform and called and I tend to always lock myself out and I have NEVER had an ID Verification request.

Mike

If this were true, every individual on this forum would be getting ID verified.

Sarah
                                              @sarah21

Not true one bit. Just because a call center agent tells you that doesn’t mean it’s correct information.

Shaun

Ive been locked out many times and next day im good to get locked again. Never an id check for looking at my own account. Never. Ok lets id check someone using CORRECT info for a id check

redacted B

This is a true story. I had 2 agents tell me the same last year. Also calling to much will set off “red flags”.

momjess
                                                    @momjess

And “agent” = some random person at a temp job with far less tax knowledge than most contributors here on the forums.

momjess
                                                      @momjess

BS lol.

I’ve been using the WMR tool every year since it first launched. Been at the tax game since 1996. I’ve never once been ID verified.

kevinh
                                                        @sprintcupfan88

Think about it…even checking your transcripts multiple times..it shows how many times you access the site..agent said WMR is the same

Mike

lol.

Viewing 24 reply threads
                                                      • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.