For the weeklys

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season For the weeklys

• Topic Starter
    Amy
      @m23bz

I have read soooo many forums and groups. On here and fb. it’s exhausting and overwhelming. so i thought i’d make a new thread for those who update weekly with hopes some of my questions get answered.

I am a weekly updater
      filed 1/29 and accepted same day
      got path msg 2/9
      updated to received and processing 2/16

Tuesday will be 21 days for me since accepted.
      can’t access transcripts due to verification reasons

wondering if weeklys are likely to get their refund before we update again on the 23rd?
      and would it be possible that i get my refund tuesday at the 21 day mark?

Viewing 36 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Rebecca
          @fitmommy83

SBTPG might update later, since that bank is on PST. So if its 9 or 10 EST or CST, I would continue to check back, because of the time zone difference.

Geishadoll_43

I didn’t update either but I called the bank my tax preparer uses and the rep told me the IRS has informed that my refund is approved. Now they are just waiting for my funds to be deposited. You cannot depend on wmr…just call whomever your tax prepare does your taxes through..

Impatientlywaiting88

@tiffany

I didn’t update Saturday. Still no movement. Just the ” we received your return and it IS being processed”.

Can’t check my transcripts😒
              Nothing in the recieved amount on sbtg site..smh

Readytogo

All I can say is everyone that used turbo or tax act..if your money is in republic bank or sbtpg bank around 9 or 10 am central tuesday morning your ddd was the 22nd. Check the bank website tommorow..if its not there than you know you will be in the next batch of updates. As long as you have the we have received your return and it is being processed your money is definitely on its way soon. Don’t worry.

Tiffany
                  @ohsotired

Amy @m23bz you can’t actually use the day you were accepted as the start of the 21 days. I filed 1/21 and was accepted 1/22. When I looked at my transcript, it shows a 20190605 cycle date. That is the date they started processing it. Which would be the 6th week of the year on the 5th day (which for the IRS is Thursday) so it means they started processing my return on 2/7. So my 21 days would fall at 2/28. They show an end processing date of 2/25 on my transcript, which means they should be done processing by then, so I am guessing if that is the case, I would see an update on Saturday the 23rd and my deposit the next week.

Without being able to see your tax transcript, it’s hard to say when they REALLY started processing you and when your 21 days would be up. We can’t use the date it was accepted, just the date they started processing and without the transcript, that’s hard to say.

Impatientlywaiting88 – You are most likely a weekly. I have always got an update on Saturday and then my deposit on Thursdays.

Impatientlywaiting88

I can’t view my transcripts

Kelly

Last year I did get my refund on Friday Feb 16th and wmr didn’t update til the next day which was Saturday February 17th and my ddd was the following Thursday February 21st. That was the first time I got my money before wmr updated. I used netspend las year but Walmart Money card this year. My husband is still using netspend. Hopefully he’ll get his this Friday.

Randall

Impatiently, look at your transcript cycle code. Daily codes end in 01 and weekly end in 05.

Impatientlywaiting88

So the last two years I got my DD on Thursdays.. Last yr 2/22 and the year before 2/23.

Does that make me daily?

Randall

I’ve never received a DD before WMR updated, but I hope this time is an exception, which would be good news for a lot of people here.

I’m still planning on WMR update this Friday with a DDD of 2/27, though.

Gandy

The last couple years I have received my funds before WMR updated.

AB

In the many years of filing taxes, I’ve never gotten money before WMR updated, I wish but I’ve not been that lucky lol. I too think we won’t see anything on WMR till Saturday.

Andrew

Like other people, last year we got our DD on the 21st and WMR updated on the 24th.

Jibbbjawww

@Tory
                                    Also weekly here, rings true. I think you will be right. Unfortunately. I think the earliest we will see anything is Friday morning 2/22 transcript update, Saturday morning 2/23 wmr update for dd of Wednesday 2/27.

Randall

@Tory I think you’re right. Sooner would be nice, but based on the fact almost all 20190605’s reporting here got theirs this last weekend, us 0705’s are in like for next weekend.

Emg

I am it is being processed. Filed 1/24. Updated sat 2/1 with path then the 16 with it is being processed. However a few years ago I had still and I had to I’d verify. I usually always get my deposit on wed however last year I got mine on Monday 3/5 to be exact. I am almost positive I updated on wed. So I have no idea if I am weekly or daily. I can not view transcripts. Have not tried to ordered. I am just hoping for good luck maybe we will update wed will ddd for sat or mon. My fingers are crossed. Does anyone feel the same

Tory

My opinion and God knows I hope I’m wrong. but I’ve been weekly for years. Our transcripts will update with a 846 code for all cycle codes up to 0705 on Friday 2/22/2019. WMR will update on Saturday 2/23/2019 with a DDD of Wednesday 2/27/2019.

The 15th falling on a Friday and the made up holiday being the Monday after really did the weekly people in. :(

Randall

Last year I got a refund on the 12th, no EITC, but I did have ACTC. Year before, 1095A I received didn’t match the one the IRS got, so after all the BS I finally got one on March 29th, uuuggh.

This is my first regular EITC and ACTC year after PATH was enacted with seemingly no problems on my return, just a wait like many others. Accepted 20 days ago on the 29th. I’m at 21 days tomorrow and will be calling if I don’t have any updates in the AM.

Before PATH I always filed at the end of January and always got a refund by the 20-something of Feb, if not earlier, but the difference is I always had my bars on WMR and never had this confusion even if it did go a little later into Feb.

For those asking how to tell if you are a weekly–you need to see your transcript cycle code. if it ends in 05 you are a weekly (like every 5 business days). -01 -02 daily.

Jen27

I am a daily this year but last year I was a weekly and I got my deposit on Wednesday 2/21. My WMR never updated until Saturday 2/24 with a DDD of 2/22. So it is possible to get your refund before WMR updates. Also, my RETURN transcript this year showed that I was completely done processing when I viewed it on 2/8. So yes, they do process PATH returns before the 15th, they just hold the refund until after then. Hopefully some of you weeklies will get surprised with DD before WMR updates this weekend!

Missy
                                                @mphillips82

The IRS only issued refunds once per week under the old system. They now issue refunds every business day, Monday through Friday (except holidays). Due to changes in the IRS auditing system, they no longer release a full schedule as they did in previous years.Jan 23, 2019

AB

I’m a weekly, at least I have been the past few years. Can’t check transcripts this year, so basing it off past years. That being said, I filed 1/23/19, updated to PATH message on 2/2, and then this weekend, I updated to the message saying “we have received your tax return and it is being processed”. I feel like I won’t see any movement on WMR till Saturday since I’m a weekly. I hope that I am wrong, but at this point, I don’t know anything anymore lol.

Rebecca
                                                    @fitmommy83

@ Ttcc

I think people are going by when WMR updated. For a lot of us updates would happen Friday night, and we would see them Saturday morning.

Ttcc

How do you know if you’re a weekly updater?

BroadStreetElite

Amy,

You think the African government is honest? Or Brazil? Or Venezuela? Or Cuba?

Rofl. I love the “oh yeah I live in America” comments.

Fuck. If we told some Ethiopian that we were consistently checking our $1000 smart phones, talking in a free Internet forum, waiting for our $9000 tax return to hit our bank accounts…they’d literally burn you at the stake.

Jenna

I think someone said a big update Tuesday. Tomorrow…

amy funk

No they are not allowed to lie. That is utterly preposterous why would the government lie? Oh wait i forgot we live in America.

Amy
                                                              @m23bz

i hope the 21 days is right! my 21 is up tomorrow. fingers crossed!!

Laney231

I spoke with an IRS representative last Thursday. She stated that January 28th starts the 21 day countdown regardless of filing status, as long as you filed and were accepted prior to or on 1/28. Path act only determines that date that funds can be released. Once again, this is directly from IRS representative. She was very nice and helpful.

WillBeas
                                                                  @willbeas

Well that doesnt nake sense taxes suck! tax filing season starts the 28th day of Jan. If you filed on or after that date, your 21 days start from that day.

PathAct Law states funds cannot be released till Mid Feb Sorry the agent lied to you, she didnt want u calling back

Taxes Suck

Just a little FYI for us PATHERS! As per a conversation with an IRS representative, even though you may have filed in January, being a PATHer, you are not at 21 days. Since technically, thanks to the PATH ACT, taxes that fall into that category can not be processed until mid-February. Because your taxes have not been processed by the regular schedule, your 21 days don’t start until your taxes are officially allowed to be processed, so it’s actually 21 days from mid-February.I had this conversation last year with the IRS.

So, long story short. For us PATHERS, our 21 day countdown does not start until the date that the PATH ACT officially allows PATH returns to be processed.

mister david

I am also a weekly I have been since I began filing back in 2012. 3 times i have received updates and the rest i would get a DD before WMR even updated.

Sherrygirl

Filed and accepted 2/7 with only ctc. Stayed on 1 bar and no path, even though IRS told me I was path, til 2/16 with ddd 2/21. Sister the same day with eic n actc, no movement and updates. Same as last year, I moved n she didn’t, but we had ddd for 2/22

• #4277592
                                                                        BroadStreetElite

Ah, well I can only see 2017 transcripts and judging by them I’m daily

• #4277585
                                                                          redacted B

I’m weekly. Hoping like hell I get my refund before the next update. But honestly we can all update any day at anytime. But I’m still stuck on code 1541

• #4277584
                                                                            Sarah

@Broadstreet the only way to tell is by ur account transcripts. I only know because I have been a weekly updater for a few yrs now

• #4277582
                                                                              Sarah

I’m a weekly and am in the same boat. Filed and accepted on 1/31 and updated to “being processed” on 2/16. Last year I got my refund before wmr updated so keeping my fingers crossed!

• #4277578
                                                                                BroadStreetElite

How in the Christ do people know if they’re weekly or daily?

I have no transcripts so how do you tell this

Viewing 36 reply threads
                                                                              • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.