fILED ON 1/15 AND STILL NOT ACCEPTED :(

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season fILED ON 1/15 AND STILL NOT ACCEPTED :(

• This topic has 31 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Adam.
  • Topic Starter
    Kathy

Anyone else filed with Turbo Tax on 1/15 and still waiting for acceptance date ??? Crossing my fingers ,will be accepted soon ( PATHER)

Viewing 30 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Adam

I filed 1/15 and still not accepted as well. Soon enough I guess.

AjSings

Filed on 1/11 still not accepted! I’m so sad! Honestly because i was approved for an advance through TT lol I need that right now.

Trista
              @trista

I was kidding. Just trying to bring some levity.

Scott

As far as early audits go –

For simple returns – filing early maybe your chance of an audit goes up a few % points – the bottom line is that the vast majority of returns do not get audited – so even if you send your return in early it is very unlikely that you will get an audit.

Spookyrides
                  @spookyrides

Not trying to scare anyone, just facts as the IRS targets early returns. Look up the mess from last year on here, they figure that the Bad Guys will file early using your info before you or the IRS can catch the theft. And yes, I’ve been doing our own taxes including small business for over 18+ years. If you haven’t been audited, good for you but loads of folks didn’t get their refunds last year until the fall! That’s how long it takes once you get frozen and have the wait for multiple letters in the mail, requests for more info and the fun trips down to your local office. Then there’s trying to qualify for an advocate etc. And yes, it’s called Pathers, yesh…. one Typo!

ftmill16

I finally got it together and filed with TT on the 18th and was happy to get accepted on the 21st. Last year I vowed not to file early again since it ended up I ( and it seemed lots of other) taking longer. As I recalled I waited about 5-6 weeks last year. I’m really hoping things go more quickly this year.

Neek

WE Are the PATHERS not PANTHERS ,,

Sarah
                        @sarah21

@spookyrides False. I file the same time every year and never had an audit. Stop scaring people. 5 years as a tax Preparer doing my own returns!!!

Trista
                          @trista

@spookyrides Love the typo. From now on, I’m referring to myself and all other EITC and CTC filers as “The Panthers.”

…should we make jackets?

Filed 01/16/20 via TT Freedom Edition

No receipt or acceptance notifications just yet.

dragonmomma

I filed 1/15 with turbo tax also. still waiting on acceptance. hoping for the test batch we will see. I got approved for a small advance loan and got my turbo card yesterday. as soon as it accepts I should have that money within a day. fingers crossed but not optimistic for early acceptance. I remember before the path act there we times I had my return before Jan was over. I miss the good ol days.

Spookyrides
                              @spookyrides

[quote quote=4332309]I filed on the 15th using FreeTaxUSA. Just got an email about an hour ago saying it was accepted. Does that mean I’m in a test batch? And if it does, what does THAT mean?[/quote] The “Test Batch” is nothing more then the IRS taking a select bunch of returns early from Turbo & maybe one other, just to make sure everything on their end is working. Usually you will either A., get back your money earlier as long as your not a Panther or B. Get targeted for an audit because you filed so early. Honestly, both good and bad.

Spookyrides
                                @spookyrides

[quote quote=4332276]Hey guys. So I’ve filed my own taxes for the <span id=”IL_AD2″ class=”IL_AD”>last 5 years</span> and this year , it keeps saying that i can’t exile bc a form that i am using won’t allow me to exile , then says to check the review to see which one and I do and it says nothing about <span id=”IL_AD4″ class=”IL_AD”>the form</span>. Also it keeps giving me the green light to go ahead and efile. I don’t understand.[/quote] We got stuck with something like this a few years ago using Turbo. I think our solution was to log out of the program, then simply log back in and run the review again. It cleared itself out of the missing forms, which, of course we knew we already didn’t need. Best of luck

Dewy
                                  @dewy

I filed on the 15th also with Tax act and was accepted today for federal.

Erica
                                    @tryingtopatientlywait

I filed on 1/20 and got accepted a few hours ago. I used TT and I have EIC and CTC credits.

Nate

I filed with TT 01/15 just got the acceptance email today. Does this mean I’m in the test batch. If so when’s the first day for DDD?

Kristin

I filed on the 15th using FreeTaxUSA. Just got an email about an hour ago saying it was accepted. Does that mean I’m in a test batch? And if it does, what does THAT mean?

Send_nudes9727544702

👌

Neek

Good Luck Guys.

PF

They’ll be doing another test batch tomorrow (Tues Jan 21) through Thurs Jan 23rd. Hopefully we’ll all get word tomorrow that we were accepted.

AmandaRed84

Hey guys. So I’ve filed my own taxes for the last 5 years and this year , it keeps saying that i can’t exile bc a form that i am using won’t allow me to exile , then says to check the review to see which one and I do and it says nothing about the form. Also it keeps giving me the green light to go ahead and efile. I don’t understand.

DB

I filed 1/11 and still nothing.

Joe

I filed on the 13th still not accepted either

Neek

Remember the test batch guys.

Neek

Accepted or recieved ? I filed 1/9 and they received it on 1/18.

Sarah
                                                          @sarah21

Anyone saying they can’t be accepted before the 27th should just stop. I filed on the 14th and it has been accepted by federal and state. They just won’t start processing until the 27th.

https://ibb.co/m5TzjPZ

https://ibb.co/L1hxb6p

MizuSeirei
                                                            @mizuseirei

[quote quote=4332162]You wont be accepted until Jan 27th…

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27[/quote]

I agree with JJ.

MizuSeirei
                                                              @mizuseirei

Uhhh….Unless you are expecting a Tax Loan from your tax filing company (Tax Act / H&R Block / etc.) you will not be seeing your tax refund until mid Febuary. Taxes will not be accepted by the IRS before opening day. That is not until 1/27/2020. If you are a PATHER ( getting the ACTC and / or the EITC), though your taxes were filed earlier than 2/15 and excepted on or after 1/27, your refund will not be processed until 2/15/2020 or after.

Because you filed early, you are indeed in for a very long wait before they even get to your taxes. Only those who are not claiming the credits will be processed before 2/15, and that processing date will not begin until 1/27 (opening date). There are some that claim to be a part of that said “Testing Batch”, but there are the pros and cons of these people. They have a very high risk of being audited, because the system may malfunction, and kick out errors that may or may not exist. If said error happens on someones return, then they may get audited…especially if the tax examiner finds something that is out of place. A lot of people on this site ended up having their returns delayed while being in those said “Test Batches”.

I’m telling you what I know, but please do not take my word for gold. Please do your own research and or contact your Tax Advocate at your local Internal Revenue Service.

DM

Filed 1/14 with Turbo Tax accepted 1/15.

Mark

I filed on the 10th with turbo tax and same thing still pending ugh lol

Kathy

I know I was hoping I would be on the test batch. A lot pf people already filed and got accepted. Stil waiting for mine to be accepted :(

JJ
                                                                  Viewing 30 reply threads
                                                                  • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.