EITC AND child tax filers UPDATES!!

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season EITC AND child tax filers UPDATES!!

• This topic has 59 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Mike.
  • Topic Starter
    James

Post your status here if you have filed with these credits! We are supposed to be seeing ddd very soon!!

Viewing 58 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        dono chrump

lol what if the IRS is trolling every one who calls that EXT. theres alot of y’all being told the same date!

Mike

Filed 1/26

PATH message until 2/16

2/17 received ddd of 2/22

Ro

Filed 1/30
              Accepted 1/30
              Path 2/4
              Transcripts 2/4, cycle 0505 process date 2/20
              Processing WMR 2/15
              Approved WMR 2/17, with a DDD 2/22

danab

I filed on 1/25 and was accepted 1/26. Was on PATH until the 15th when WMR updated to the received and processing message. Woke up this morning to a ddd of 2/22 when I checked WMR.

Cmcozine

@Ryan Pretty sure I didn’t say or do anything special when I called. I just said WMR doesn’t seem to updating it has not progress bars and I am concerned there may be a problem with my return. Asked her if she knew when it would be direct deposited. She asked for all my info and looked everything up and even went out of her way when she saw there was a possible offset indicator. That was pretty much the gist of the conversation really. The wait on hold was about 40 minutes. Once I got the rep everything went fairly smoothly other then a few moments of hold time while she looked things up for me. She was super helpful.

Kerry

@Ryan I think it’s the luck of the draw. Some workers are willing to help others aren’t unfortunately! I simply asked and he checked, he gave read me no script!

Kerry Lyons

Finally some answers!! Just called the ITS number listed with ext .652, got a VERY nice and helpful man who was able to help me and give me my DDD of 2/23. Also asked about my offset said shows indicator but can’t see anything further which is fine because I already was aware of it. I feel a ton of relief now knowing so I’m not a neurotic checking all outlets every 30 minutes praying for updates ๐Ÿ˜†

Filed 1/31
                      Both credits
                      Filed with tax act fees taking out by republic bank
                      DDD 2/22

duncan
                        @duncan

2/8 filed EITC and ACTC
                        2/8-2/9 no info found on IRS site
                        2/10 being processed 1 bar
                        2/11 bars gone path message
                        2/16 processing message no bars
                        2/17 Wheres my Refund site shows a DDD of Feb 22nd.

Ryan

What did you all say to get a DD Date? I was asked both times if I had EIC and ACTC the first time I said yes, and I got the typical response. The second time I said I didn’t think so, and was still told that they can’t see DD Dates, just if it’s processing or approved.

How did your conversations go to get a DD Date?

A script of what to say and what not to say would help a lot of people!

momof4inco
                            @momof4inco

@jakeinga

If you makes you feel any better, I bank with USAA and I haven’t seen a deposit yet. I don’t know why they aren’t releasing the funds. Normally they would.

Cmcozine

Called IRS # in this thread. Lady was very nice and told me it has not been released yet but she did give me a DDD of 2/23. She also let me know there was an offset but it is a cycle behind my return. So she was unsure if it will come out of this check or be applied for next years. Either way I will still get something just possibly not all. I was already aware there may be an offset so I was not counting the entire amount towards my refund. WMR still says received and processing. Obviously its not updating at all. So hopefully I will see actual movement tomorrow.

KarenJ

@Christina I filed on 1/16 so I thought the reps would atleast look at my file. I just got the scripted response each time. I ask the rep, you can’t even look at my account instead repeating verbage, she said no, you can wait until after the 27th and check again. I then hung up.

momof4

@Christina, I too filed early on 1/22 and was accepted and WMR still shows processing. I called 3 times with the same scripted response from 2 different agents that wouldnt even look into my refund status.

pj

I’m incredibly confused now… maybe someone can help me out or clarify. i just spoke to a very kind IRS agent and she first said all looked good and i had a pended deposit date.

I filed and accepted 1/23 with both credits with Path message until the 15th

now says processing..

as she finished looking at my return she said oh you might need to verify, which apparently now is no longer done online, its either via telephone or very rarely in person is necessary. she said i should have received a letter by now but that is not the case…

yet today i also received my account transcript in the mail with cycle 20170605

can anyone help clarify when i may see my return? i’m thoroughly confused

Christina

@KarenJ I haven’t even tried to call, but it’s been a month since my return was accepted. I’ve had no updates, and nothing has come in the mail. Should they be able to give me answers now that it’s been over 21 days?

KarenJ

I’ve had the we are processing your return for a couple of days now. I called the IRS got blanket responses from 2 reps, you have EIC probably not til the week of the 27th, they wouldn’t even look into my account.

My relatives who have filed after me, with the same as me, EIC have gotten the ddd of 2/25/17.

It’s aggravating that the reps are rude and would not even take the time to look into the return, even after me being on hold for 45+ min each call.

Christina

I filed on 1/17 got accepted on 1/18. I don’t understand why I have no update. It just says that my refund is being processed. Nothing has changed compare to last year. My coworker filed a week after me and her DDD is 2/22/207. I don’t understand this. Is anyone else waiting for an update that filed early?

Blah
                                            @thesystemhasfailed

Have the “processing” message on WMR, but I called the IRS and got my DDD of 2/23. The awesome lady I spoke to looked into several other things for me as well, like not being to verify my auto loan account to access transcripts online.

She told me the money could be there anytime between now and 2/23

Amanda

Filed 1/24
                                              Both credits
                                              Filed with tax act fees taking out by republic bank
                                              DDD 2/22

Zak

Forgot to state on previous comment.. Filed on 2/3, accepted on 2/3 Seriously people call the number if your really anxious and still seeing the “processing” junk on WMR. Getting clarity on when your money is coming might help you all have a better, less stressful holiday weekend!

Take care everyone! Enjoy your weekend!

Zak

Hello everyone, WMR still shows “processing” for me and the 152 note is now gone, shows my expected refund amount on the left side as well…

Called the IRS @ called the 800 829 0582 and when prompted used the extension 652. I had to wait around 30 minutes, got a lady on the phone asking how she could help. I asked her if she could tell me anything about my refund. At this point, the lady started an almost automated pitch about checking WMR once a day and that i can call again if it’s been more than 21 days since I filed electronically.. blah blah blah.

I simply asked her “Hey, i understand the WMR and 21 days but I just waiting a half an hour to talk to you. Do you want to give me a bunch of guff, or would you like to help me today?” ..She paused then laughed and agreed her job was to assist me. I asked her nicely if she could simply look at my account and tell me if I had a DDD that she could see yet. So she then stopped her automated rehearsed spill she’s obviously said about 10,000 times and actually asked me for my social security number. Once I answered a few basic security questions, she put me on a brief hold and came back to tell me that she sees a DDD of 2-23.

EIC, Filed online with TaxAct, had fees but paid those fees myself, and didn’t have them taken out of my refund.

Hope this helps someone out. Good luck everyone!

Stephen Oatley

I just called, waited 35 minutes and then was told I am also good for 2/23 deposit.

JSH2017
                                                      @jsh2017

MAN!!! SO MUCH RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!

called the 800 829 0582 ext 652 and spoke to an AMAZING agent named Ms. Wessley.
                                                      She asked a BUNCH of questions but, after 9 mins on the phone, I GOT MY CONFIRMED DDD 2/23 AND AMOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I filed 1/27/17 so the general number said ‘sorry, not 21 days yet!’.

That number is the contact for relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be a GOOD weekend :)

Crystal

Called an IRS back customer service number and finally got a DD Date of 02/23 filed on 01/23. Still doesn’t show in Where’s my refund but the lady advised it should with the mass updates on 02/18!!!! Wow so happy I’m done with this headache of locating my date! lol single mama here….ugh

Good luck everyone!

Danielle

Filed January 23. Accepted Jan 24. DDD Jan 22.
                                                          No fees taken out.
                                                          Child tax credits
                                                          No money in account yet

JSH2017
                                                            @jsh2017

Filed/Accepted late-afternoon of 01/27/2017
                                                            Ordered Return Transcript 02/10/2017
                                                            PATH Message 02/11/2017

Generic Message since 02/16/17

called the IRS and spoke to an ‘agent’. asked a few questions to which she gave no answers other than a bunch of generic non-specific answers. asked if there was anything she could see about my return and she said she never even entered my info to pull up my file because, and I quote, she “didn’t see any reason to”. WOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Told her I will just have to wait another 15 minutes and call back to which she responded by hanging up on me. NICE.

ACTC/no EITC

Dantheman

Filed and accepted 1/27 Eic with TT still no update on wmr yet ppl who filed after me are getting ddd I don’t get it. I’m so confused

Andrea

@Cmcozine You are most welcome!! I know that frustration. I filed and was accepted 1/25. I was able to order both transcripts in 1/28 and I went to the PATH message then also. I sat like that until 2/16, when I went to the generic processing message. I did call yesterday and was told my DDD was 2/22. Checked WMR this morning and it updated to show my DDD of 2/22. Keep hope and good luck!!

Cmcozine

@Andrea Thanks for the info. I will check later today. It’s so annoying to have waited so long and see so little progress. I see others getting DDD and actual deposits who filed and were accepted after many of the earlier filers. If we could at least have a DDD that would help greatly.

Tonya

Bars are back. Refund approved. DD 2/22

jakeinga

Filed and Accepted 1/31, EITC and Education credits CTC but no ACTC.

Path message like everybody else.

This morning two bars and DDD of 2/22

Nothing in my BoA account, BoA is in Charlotte, so no time zone issues there, but I have been using them for years and they don’t release funds to accounts as quickly as credit unions or other banks. If I had it sent to my USAA account it would probably be there.

Andrea

@Cmcozine
                                                                        SBTPG is on the west coast, so it may be after 12pm EST before it shows up on their website. But keep checking this morning and see. I have used Turbo Tax the past 8 years but I didn’t this year. Anyways, they use SBTPG to have fees removed and it has always been after 12pm EST before I saw an update on their site.

• #4175059
                                                                        nikred

Filed and accepted on 2/7/17 – MFJ – first year as we got married in 2016

had education and ACTC

DDD this morning of 2/22/17

• #4175043
                                                                          Autumn

Filed 2/6
                                                                            Approved 2/6
                                                                            Claiming both credits
                                                                            Wmr updated this morning with a ddd of 2/22 and it is currently pending in my bank account!
                                                                            See ya next tax season!

• #4175016
                                                                            Zackarysmom

ANYBODY WITH DDD 2/22/17!!!!! Check your accounts. My bf and 3 friends all said that this morning on wmr and ALL of them got the money today too. So please CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS!!! Good luck everyone!!!

• #4175000
                                                                              Jenn

Filed and accepted 1/20. ACTC credit. WMR updated to approved and a DDD of by 2/22.

My bank doesn’t pend any deposits so I am guessing I will have mine tomorrow. I have always had it in my account a few days before the ddd.

My cycle code was 20170402 with a processing date of 02/13. I don’t believe they mean anything this year though.

• #4174968
                                                                                Cmcozine

filed 1/17 accepted 1/18. Path message disappeared yesterday. Still says received and processing with no bars. Nothing on SBTPG site either and no pending that I can tell. My bank usually doesn’t pend any deposits. It usually goes right into my account. So still in the waiting game here too.

• #4174966
                                                                                  Cindy

Finally this morning it showed that our refund was approved and will be sent to our bank by 2/22. Whew, relief just washed over me!

This is the last year that I am stressed out worrying about our tax refund. From now on, it will just be a bonus that shows up, not money that we are counting on and in desperate need of.

• #4174962
                                                                                    Thankful

Filed 1/13
                                                                                      Accepted 1/17
                                                                                      Sister works for my bank which is state credit union. She called told me I had a pending deposit yesterday for 2/22. WMR updated this morning to DDD of 2/22. Also NC state return has finally updated past processing and now says stage 1. Good luck everyone

• #4174958
                                                                                      Coquis224

Mine still says processing but I’m weekly so I hope it updates tonight

• #4174957
                                                                                        Bianca

@YaMa I didn’t have the usual bars either until this morning when my DDD showed up. I wouldn’t worry about the bars.

• #4174954
                                                                                          Bianca

I filed and was accepted on January 24th. I have both credits. I just checked about 15 minutes ago and I received a DDD of February 22nd. So hopefully most of you will also get an update soon.

• #4174953
                                                                                            Brandy

Mine just updated this morning. I have a DDD of 22nd. I filed 24th path 25th-16th and I have eitc,and actc. I have cycle code 0405. I hope this helps. Good luck to those still waiting I know you will hear something soon!

• #4174950
                                                                                              Zackarysmom

Ok guys great news. Mine still says being processed BUT bf wmr changed last night to 2 bars refund approved 2/22/17. BUT I checked our acct??? ITS THERE!!! Netspend in case you wondering. He filed and accepted 1/29/17. We both did but mine wasn’t accepted till the 1st for some reason. He got path message I guess by following week I’m sorry I can’t remember date, then updated to still being processed to today news. Happy freaking Friday ya’ll. Least I got one lol. Now mine next. Good luck everyone

• #4174915
                                                                                                Mel

I think people who filed after the 27th are seeing ddd!! I filed and was accepted on 1/27, I filed my sister’s on 1/30 and she has a ddd for 2/22 and I still have the processing message.

• #4174914
                                                                                                  Ashely

Smh got accepted Jan 13 and still nothing just prossecing message smh I give up

• #4174909
                                                                                                    Greats

Filed and accepted on 01/29, just checked WMR (337am CT) and still being processed… grrrr.

• #4174905
                                                                                                      Tip

WMR updated. 2/22 deposit date

• #4174899
                                                                                                        jason

WMR UPDATED DDD FOR 2/22
                                                                                                          Filed 1/24
                                                                                                          Path from 1/28-2/16
                                                                                                          Both EIC & ACTC

• #4174871
                                                                                                          Erica

Filed 1.27 accepted same day still have processing message..

• #4174870
                                                                                                            Amanda

Filed and accepted 02/05.
                                                                                                              Just got a DDD of 02/22

• #4174869
                                                                                                              Diamond99

I filed on 1/30
                                                                                                                Was accepted on 1/31 (with eitc
                                                                                                                And yesterday updated to we are processing message with no bars and refund amount
                                                                                                                Just check where’s my refund and now have deposit date of 2/22/2017
                                                                                                                ๐Ÿ˜

• #4174865
                                                                                                                Bobyl

My status just updated. I filed on 01/30/17, had Path message, then went to lame being processed and tonight it went to a deposit date of 02/22/2017.

• #4174863
                                                                                                                  YaMa

I don’t even have bars this year??? Just the processing message. Wth?

• #4174860
                                                                                                                    bomber23
                                                                                                                      @bomber23

WMR finally updated for me with a DDD of 2/22!

I filed Saturday 1/28 accepted the same day
                                                                                                                      Got the PATH message the next update that week, which I think was Wednesday. Path went away the 2/16 at midnight and finally updated with an approved refund for 2/22 tonight!

CHECK WMR!

• #4174857
                                                                                                                      YaMa

Same thing. “Processing”, nothing in bank & my bank doesn’t usually hold funds. ๐Ÿ™„

• #4174856
                                                                                                                        Suthrngrl

I just checked where’s my refund. It said direct deposit by the 22nd. I had both credits and filed January 10th or 11th through jackson hewitt.

• #4174853
                                                                                                                          cgdesilva
                                                                                                                            @cgdesilva

Filed 2/1
                                                                                                                            accepted 2/4
                                                                                                                            one orange bar and can not order transcripts has been this way from 2/6.
                                                                                                                            Claimed both EIC and ACTC

Viewing 58 reply threads
                                                                                                                        • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.