Does the path act apply to this year??

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Does the path act apply to this year??

• This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by itsme.
  • Topic Starter
    Carl

I read the path act might not apply to this year if anyone knows anything post here

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        itsme

mine has showed expected amount since mid jan

itsme

no expexted is what TT transmits

itsme

its passed feb 15th so file away and i bet you get yours before us who filed in jan

Brandi

Does anyone know if I can see my expected amount on.sbtp site if that means my refund is on it’s way?

Jenna

Yes. It does

Niknak

President Obama signed into law the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015. He is why we are waiting for our money.

Mike

Mel is a tough guy! Take the Path and get outta here fool.

Mel

Also be careful on the stfu thing. It’s not hard to track keyboard warriors. Just Be careful. I’m nice but will fuck something up.

Mel

Skittlrz27

Jealous and ignorant? My how juvenile you sound saying that but you calling me jealous and ignorant. You sound young and a bit wet behinf the ears. Please don’t let the arrogant posture get the best of you. I know keyboard warriors have inferiority issues. Anyways I things up. I got that info from a source. I don’t make things up. Btw…not to brag but I prob make alot more money than you. So my point was not a refund issue but just a point. I’m a high earner wager. Jealous no! A bit liberal about things I’ll take that.

Skittlez27

This will be brief…
                            @Mel …stfu please; you really sound jealous & ignorant.

@Mizuseirei
                            … You explained it perfectly. Great info.

Lots were nervous last year and mostly all on here were surprised to see their refunds the week after the 13th.
                            Dont stress. Just let the days pass like normal.

Mel

Nothing more than a law to suppress the low income working class people. According to studies refund from by working class accounts for 1.6 billion. While the top earner fraud calculates to 640.5 billion. You tell me who itvreallybaffects. Rich people don’t wait on refunds to pay off bills etc…path act was a political compromise. Unfortunately it’s the poor who always compromising.

MizuSeirei
                                @mizuseirei

For the past couple of years, they held the pathers until Feb 15th. I am one of those that was/is affected by the act. I would always update on the 15th, or the 17th if the 15th fell on a weekend. My refunds have always been on Feb 22nd or 23rd, and I always file between January 31st and February 8th.

charles glenn

it applies every year now after the path act was introduced. no return with an eic will ever be released before 13th of feb now.

Sam

Last year got my refund 13th and path

Bittyb

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold. According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

MizuSeirei
                                        @mizuseirei

I think it applies every year. It is a Tax Law that was put in place to help combat tax fraud.

cheryl e kendrick
                                          @cherlyq63

Path Act is on going and still in effect

Shelli

I wish it didn’t. But, everything I have read looks like it was passed through 2019 and some situations extended even longer. I keep telling myself this was passed to protect people. Us.

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.