DD into account of boyfriend and DD was rejected any advice.

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season DD into account of boyfriend and DD was rejected any advice.

• Topic Starter
    cgdesilva
      @cgdesilva

Ok here goes.

I filed my taxes and boyfriends taxes on 2/5, both were accepted that day. On 2/8 I already had a DDD of 2/12, the boyfriend got a DDD of 2/18 a week later. Both were suppose to go into the same account. I am a authorized user but not an account holder (found that out when I found out the DD was rejected). On 2/12 when they money was not in the bank I called to see if there were any pending deposits and they informed me that it was received 2/10 and instantly sent back because my SS is not on file as the main account holder. I immediately called the IRS where I was told it would take up to 8 weeks, but they had yet to get the actual money back. On 2/18 my boyfriend got his refund and my WMR updated to a TAKE ACTION ref code 1121. I called the IRS as it did say take action. They informed me that because I tried to deposit it into a account that was not technically mine that I would have to wait much longer than those who just put a wring account number or even added a dead checking account number. He said it would take 12 weeks and there was nothing else for me to do, I offered to ID verify but he said that was not needed. He also told me WMR website would no longer be helpful to me as it might not ever update from the current state. He said they mailed a letter to me about it on the 15th, however I have yet to get any letter or notice at all.
      Now my main question is how long does it actually take. If you have had this happen and not a messed up account number or anything as I have seen those people get theirs back within a few weeks but tried to deposit in a family member or friends account and got sent back, how long did it take? I appreciate any help or insight.

Viewing 18 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        cgdesilva
          @cgdesilva

@Michelle Yeah it took about 5 days after it changed to actually having it in my hands. I had to get my ID and open a new bank account that is now holding the check lmao. When it rains it pours, but it should finally be available on the 20th for spending. It is funny when I filed I didn’t need it and was going to use it for optional upgrades like a new grill ect, now I owe my vet 300 bucks because my puppy broke his leg. I guess it all kind of worked out. I sure hope you have got your or are getting yours any day now.

MICHELLE L
            @msmafia

@cgdesilva my WMR finally changed today to “we are processing your refund” It looks like once yours changed it only took like 3 days to get your check. Is that right??? Praying!!!!!!!

MICHELLE L
              @msmafia

Still nothing!!!! :( Man I hate you lost your ID. That really sucks but yes, at least you have it!!!! Yeah!!! Here’s hoping that mine comes this week!!

cgdesilva
                @cgdesilva

@Michelle Got my check in the mail today. However I lost my DL last night so now I got to order my birth certificate in order to get a new ID and get it cashed so another month for me, but at least it is here. I sure hope you get yours soon.

cgdesilva
                  @cgdesilva

@Michelle I’m hoping yours updates soon considering your notice was dated before mine.

MICHELLE L
                    @msmafia

That is awesome!!! Your money is for sure on the way!!! I still have nothing & my WMR has not updated!!!! I hate this!!!!!!

cgdesilva
                      @cgdesilva

Today WMR no longer shows the 1121 take action, it now says your taxes have been received and are being processed. Anyone else showing this yet? I am hoping it means I should see something in the next few weeks. I haven’t called or even bothered with them scene the last time I called on 2/28.

cgdesilva

@Michelle No I have had no movement from the last time I talked to you, sad I know. Just hoping early April brings us some good news. Praying for all of us.

@Kimmy
                        Thanks for the information and yes I to was told pretty much the same thing. Aside from check and ordering transcripts I have just been waiting. I have not got a TA as of yet. A lot of the ones here in Arkansas are booked and can’t even call you back for weeks and I am not in a dire situation either so hardship wouldn’t help me. Glad they have it for those who do need it.

@Michelle
                        Hang in there girl I know how crappy it is, last week was real tight and I was kicking myself for not putting it in my own account that I have in just my name. I could have my new mower. The yard is already starting to get tall and they city around here don’t play no games and fines you. Guess I’m paying the kid down the road twenty bucks again to do it lol.

KimmyAC

I filed 1/16, accepted early but was not stuck with the rest of the early filers, I actually felt lucky that I was not and had a Direct Deposit Date for Jan 29th. The Direct Deposit went away the next day and said 1121. I called and they wanted additional time and said I was given a Deposit date to early. Got another Direct Deposit Date that night of 2/2. On 2/4 I still had nothing and on Where’s My Refund it showed that it had been sent with all three bars lit up. I called the IRS 2/7 and was told my bank rejected it, I would be getting a letter dated 2/3 and just to wait. He said my name was not on the account and it was marked as suspicious of fraud. I went to my bank and told them every detail and they did a research on my account that cost me $10 (discounted from $30) and there was never any deposit sent at all, I checked my Direct Deposit form for tax act and sure enough the numbers are right on. I did it right in front of the bank manager. She assured me that my social and info have been tied to that account for over 30 years. I have no idea how I ended up in the CP53A club but I sure know it feel like were being punished here. I got my CP53A form on 2/12 and it was dated for 2/4, not 2/2 as he stated on the phone. I’m going into my eighth week and nothing has changed for me either ladies. I am afraid it is not only going to take the full ten weeks for us but maybe even longer. I got a Tax Advocate and everything a week after my notice and because I have no bills in dire need (and I admit I am not hurting for my refund to survive, just to blow) so I didn’t even dare apply after being told about the hardship requests. So the best advice I got was from my TA but in no way is it or has it helped me to get my refund. She can not even put in a referral until the 10 weeks are up and then all she can do is put in a 30 day referral. What I can share with you two ladies is what my TA shared with me. She is out of my local Boston office, but you would contact your local TA, just google it if you decide to go that route.

Straight from my TA, who says she has been with the IRS for 24 years.
                          First off they never honestly touch the 53a returns until the priority ones are done first. It is all hand reviewed which means it sits on desks of tax reviewers who also are responsible for audits and manual pulls. They get a caseload assigned to them and audits take priority because they take so much and long to complete. When they do get to it and normally it is around the 9th week mark. She did say that some taxpros do better jobs than others and of course get things done faster without putting them off but the norm is the earlier style tax pro. After they approve it it gets sent to be processed and a order placed to the US Treasury to actually cut the check and then mailed out the next day after printing and sealing. SO even after 10 weeks they have up to an additional 4 weeks to issue and mail the check, in most cases it is done within two weeks and the bulk of that time is the IRS sending the Treasury the ok. I know it is all a lot to take in, it will get here one day.
                          Now on the note that anyone reading or already involved in the thread is in danger of losing essential utilities or housing you can get a Tax Advocate involved and have them put in a hardship request for you and that gives the IRS 7 days to respond. You will have to show prof in your name of the hardship. I hope this helped, I know it does not ease anyone but it is all the information I have. Have a blessed day ladies and future readers to come.
                          -Kimmy :)

crystaldesilva

No, no activity at all still all the same from three weeks ago, it is really starting to be a pain in the butt.

cgdesilva
                              @cgdesilva

@Michelle I have not got any updates at all either and no request for additional information. My transcript just shows where the letter was sent on 3/7 as the last activity. I still also have the 1121 on WMR.

cgdesilva
                                @cgdesilva

@Michelle L
                                I am still waiting for updates at all. I still have the 1121 on WMR, still have not been asked for additional information and transcript has nothing beyond the 3/7 cp53a notice being sent out.

MICHELLE L
                                  @msmafia

Hello….has either of you recvd your check yet? Still freaking waiting!!!! WMR has not updated!!! It has now been 6 weeks since it rejected! NOTHING!

MICHELLE L
                                    @msmafia

Too funny because I have googled so much too & I keep checking the WMR site & it NEVER updates!!!
                                    I heard the same thing, it takes longer if your name is not on the account. But like you said, why they cant just verify the ID & keep it moving!!

I keep telling myself, we will get the money when we get it, because we could use it anytime we get it but its the principal! It should not take that long!! As of today it has been one month since the DDD!!!

I havent had much luck really finding info from this tax season, just last. Have you seen where anyone has gotten their check yet?

Please keep me updated & I will do the same!!

cgdesilva
                                      @cgdesilva

Yep in the same boat. Defiantly going crazy on my end trying to make sure the IRS does what they say they are going to. Of course daily googling CP53A to see if anyone this year has had any updates. My CP53A was dated for 3/7 so that would give them till May 16th. I almost wish I would have gave them the wrong account info instead of the right one without my name as the main account holder. Those who just had a account number wrong are getting theirs back within a few weeks.
                                      Also in the same boat where they refuse to give me any additional information until the ten weeks is up. I asked how in the world they were able to determine who put the wrong account number vs who intentionally deposited it into a friend of family members account and he said it all has to do with what the bank puts as the rejection reason. In our case it would be suspected fraud. I asked him if I could ID verify to speed things along and he insisted it would slow things down, considering I have not been asked to. I have decided to just check here daily and see how others are doing and just wait it out. Thought about getting a TA but I am not in a situation where bills are being cut off so they won’t approve one. I am just lucky it’s only $821 I’m waiting for and I was planning on using it to fix up my house which can wait the 10 weeks, I feel terrible reading some of these posts where people are losing their homes and such due to the delays.
                                      Last year it took 4 weeks to get my return back because of the IRS glitches during that first week. Sad thing is if this never happened this would have been the fastest I had ever seen it come back, filed the 5th would have had it the 10th.
                                      You should gets yours before me as your letter is for 2/29.

MICHELLE L
                                        @msmafia

@cgdesilva I know!!! I havent seen where anyone has gotten a check yet. I just dont understand!!! You have the money, turn it around & get it out of there! Cut the d**n check!!!!
                                        He actually called yesterday & was told they had no new info & he has to wait per the letter he received, 8-10 weeks. They wouldnt tell him any info!!!! Judt that its under review still.
                                        It’s sooooo frustrating!!!! I am watching everyone around me get there DDD in literally 4-5 days from approval. Had we requested a check, it would have been here!
                                        I think a support group is a good idea!!!!! Cuz we are going crazy!!! :)
                                        Are you in the same boat?

cgdesilva
                                          @cgdesilva

@michelle L Honestly from what I been reading it may be sooner or even later than the ten weeks. Haven’t seen any posts from anyone who got a CP53A and has got it this year and everything from 2015 indicates that it took the full 10 weeks plus up to 4 additional weeks to actually get a check. I am hoping things are a bit better this year but who am I kidding, it is the IRS were talking about. I’ll try to keep this post updated as I hear anything. Maybe start a CP53A support group lol.

MICHELLE L
                                            @msmafia

I am in the same boat!!! Boyfriends deposit went into my account & rejected.
                                            Approved 01/31/2016
                                            Sent to checking account 02/04/2016
                                            Recvd letter from IRS stating it would take 8-10 weeks on 02/18/2016, which was dated 02/29/2016.
                                            WMR still not updated & still no check!!!!

I’m so afraid its going to take 8/10 weeks!!!!

cgdesilva
                                              @cgdesilva

Just to update in case anyone else goes through this I got the dreaded CP53A in, so 8 to 10 weeks starts 3/7…so maybe if I am lucky I will see it in May lol.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                          • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.