Cycle 20201005- Date 3/23/20 Updates

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Cycle 20201005- Date 3/23/20 Updates

• This topic has 60 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Kay.
  • Topic Starter
    Crawler

Finally was able to get my transcripts! At first the system couldn’t verify my phone number for a couple weeks. I finally tried again and it worked!

2/2: Filed taxes online via Turbo Tax
      2/3: Accepted by IRS
      2/22: Letter in mail from IRS. Need form 8962 and 1095
      2/24: Faxed first thing Monday morning
      2/28: Get an e-mail from Turbo Tax saying “Thank you for filing”
      2/29: Check WMR. Tax Topic 152 appears
      3/3: Call IRS. Confirmed they received my fax. Gave generic wait 6-8 weeks for return.
      3/10: Finally able to view transcripts online. Codes 570 and 971 with a date of 3/23/20.

Upon reviewing, it looks like my tax refund increased by $978 so yay for me!

Looks like it would have been $80 more but they either took out taxes for the increased amount or charged for re-doing my taxes? Not sure.

Now gimme my money dammit! Lol

Viewing 59 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Kay

Still no update for me. Filed 2/19.

Cheyamiranda

sorry auto correct DDD

Cheyamiranda

I got a dad this morning for 7/9

Kay

Any update ?

S6Fam9

No update for me either F/A 2/18. My 60 days is Up. Called this morning and they said it may be another 60 days. I’m livid

S6Fam9

No update. Can’t get through to a person at the IRS

Kay

Did anyone receive an update or been in contact with the IRS ?

TlovesAll

@Kay

Mine too. Way over 60 days. This is ridiculous. I really don’t know what to say.

Kay

My 60 Dsy review is up and still haven’t updated my transcript. This is beyond ridiculous. Last two times I was able to speak to a live rep, they told me there was nothing for me to do other than wait until my 60 day review was finished. I haven’t had any updates since.

TlovesAll

@thicks

O, ok. This is all new for me. I’m 43. Been filing since I was 16 and I never experienced anything like this in my life. This is a mess. Filed and get my taxes 2 weeks later. But Thank You for clearing that up for me.

thicks
                              @thicks

TlovesAll, some people noted on or after 4/10 that their “As of” date changed to 4/27 after the IRS queried everyone’s returns for economic impact payments back on 4/9, but that was never a DDD. It’s not a DDD unless it comes after TC 846. I think you misunderstood.

TlovesAll

Hey everyone! I know some had a possible date of 4/27 like me. However, I still didn’t receive anything. Nothing changed on my transcript. This is ridiculous!

S6Fam9

No change for me either. F/A 2/18

Kay

NOT A DAMN THING !

Stillwaiting
                                      @stillwaiting-2

Nothing nothing nothing!

Moe m

Morning y’all! Woke up with a date for 4/30 846 code! It’s been a long time coming! Take care and stay safe!

TlovesAll

Nope, not walt. I thought I read that they update around 3 am.

Kay

Any updates anyone ?

J2020

Anything for anyone? I have 570 code on my transcript with no updates…

Kay

@Moe same for me.

Still no update.

Moe m

Got stimulus last night but still no tax refund. Filed 2/14

DrSleep

Nothing for me yet either.

Filed and accepted on 2/19
                                                    Got my state refund within 2 weeks
                                                    Bars disappeared in mid March
                                                    Online transcripts show no adverse codes.
                                                    No letters or any communication from the IRS.

KV

We filed 2/10 and we just received the generic letter saying we’re under review dated March 31st.
                                                      No update to WMR since 2/13.
                                                      I requested our transcript 3/11, didn’t receive it until 3/23. Nothing wrong on our part according to IRS.
                                                      I called for a tax advocate 3 weeks ago and never received a call.
                                                      To say this is frustrating is a gross understatement.

Kay

Hopefully we update this weekend. This is beyond ridiculous.

Moe m

Nothing yet

TlovesAll

Nope! No update as of yet!

Kay

Has anyone received an update on their transcript ? I have not been updated as of yet

Dulce
                                                                @dulce

Still waiting shows 3/23 cycles 20201005 looks like cycle codes 20200805 just got their direct deposit dates

Carrie
                                                                  @cadkins85

@Moe m my 570 code has a date of 3/2..plus I have a code of 971 notice issued for 3/9. I don’t really think the dates mean anything this year just because of the crazy situation we’re in.

Moe m

Anyone still stuck on the 570 code? It’s past 3/23 smh

Stillwaiting
                                                                      @stillwaiting-2

Same here same dates and dredded 570 code

thicks
                                                                        @thicks

@TlovesAll, “03-23-2020” means they initially expected to “close” processing of your return by March 23. “04-15-2020” is just the original filing deadline; pretty much everyone has that date on their transcripts.

Look at your list of “Transactions.” Do you see a “570” or a “971”? Those usually indicate a holdup. You want to see “846.”

• #4399563
                                                                        TlovesAll

Still no updates. On my transcript I do see a date of 3/23 and 4/15. Don’t know what that means.

• #4399437
                                                                          FrustratedLady

@Kay
                                                                            No updates for me yet.

• #4399253
                                                                            Kay

Good morning.

Did anyone update from cycle code 20201005?

I still haven’t updated.

• #4398858
                                                                              John

Was told by tax advocate that 2020 1005 this is my week April 2nd 2020 i would receive my tax check or Friday.. Well see. Filed Jan 27th..

• #4398365
                                                                                Casandria
                                                                                  @nanamom47

I’m still stuck and it’s been 6 weeks today. Same scenario.

I tried to call this morning and they are having technical difficulties. I knew this was going to happen as soon as the relief package passed.

I called as soon as my transcripts updated and saw the 570 & 971 to find out what was coming so I could see if they needed anything else and they said no.

What really doesn’t make sense is my wage transcript hasn’t updated, but my wages have been reported to social security.

• #4398318
                                                                                  thicks
                                                                                    @thicks

Kay and TlovesAll, I have the same cycle code with the same dates, but I had no delays after IDV’ing (which did push me back two weeks from filing 2/4), and I got my DD 3/11.

Try to find out why you’re being reviewed and make sure SSA isn’t missing some of your W2s. Don’t just wait!

However, the PFI may cause the IRS to concede and push your refund through w/o the wage verification, if that’s the holdup.

• #4398310
                                                                                    TlovesAll

@Kay

Mine say the exact same thing. This is a mess

• #4398099
                                                                                      Kay

Still No Update For Me ! Filed at approved 2/19, review started officially 3/5, transcript has dates for 3/23 and 4/15. I’m over it

• #4397802
                                                                                        TlovesAll

@crawler
                                                                                          Any updates?

• #4396978
                                                                                          moe m

Damn still waiting and its passed the cycle day. fuck the irs smfh this shit is fucking irritating!

• #4394929
                                                                                            Crawler

Yay! Just checked my bank account and I have a pending deposit for my tax return DD 3/18. The total amount is the increased amount the IRS said they would give me.

• #4394874
                                                                                              thicks
                                                                                                @thicks

Look for transcript updates on Friday and WMR on Saturday.

• #4394848
                                                                                                Concern taxpayer

@crawler any updates with a DDD yet

• #4394710
                                                                                                  thicks
                                                                                                    @thicks

Filed 2/4, EITC;
                                                                                                    IDV 2/27 (5071C letter dated 2/24);
                                                                                                    DDD 3/11.

Cycle 20201005 3/23/2020.

20201005 processing began 3/5.

Apparently, you can’t look at the “processing date”; look at where the cycle code falls on the calendar.

• #4394705
                                                                                                    Concern taxpayer

@rene

Thanks yes I just have to wait it out I guess I called and a TA told me the 570 tc was needing to verify a 1099 form and it was nothing I need to provide at this time I haven’t been updated in a few weeks my cycle code is 20201005 with a date next to it of 03/23/2020 so I’m praying for a update soon I also did receive a 60 day review back on 2-20-20 so I’m just going to try in be patient 🙄

• #4394315
                                                                                                      Moe m

@rene I received a 4464c letter which stated nothing need be done. What does the 3/23 signify?

• #4393909
                                                                                                        Rene
                                                                                                          @rene

@ comcer taxpayer, a 570 code is a freeze. You have to call and find out why theybput a freeze on it. When its released ypu get a 571 code.

• #4393908
                                                                                                          Rene
                                                                                                            @rene

@Moe m im sorry you will get a 971 code which is a notice

• #4393907
                                                                                                            Rene
                                                                                                              @rene

@Moe m you will get a 571 code that clears the 570 code. The 570 code is a freeze. You will also get a 970 which is a notice being sent out.

• #4393255
                                                                                                              Moe m

I have the 570 code and I filed 2/14. And it also says 3/23.. will I get the 971 code next or straight to 846?

• #4393813
                                                                                                                Concern taxpayer

Cycle code 20201005 I still have no up dates just code 570 with a 03/23/2020 date next to it I’m just wondering what it means

• #4393136
                                                                                                                  kingDtexas
                                                                                                                    @ddydellgmail-com

i Got my 846 code as well 3/18 DD

• #4392846
                                                                                                                    Crawler

Transcript updates are in!!

Got my 846 message with a deposit date of 3/18

Finally!

• #4392460
                                                                                                                      Rene
                                                                                                                        @rene

Same thing with me filed 2/17, accepted 2/19. I had a w2 from my full time job and last check stub from a part time job. Bars until 3/9, still have tt 152. Looked at transcripts and have code 570, 971 date 3/23. I’m just waiting on Saturday to see I’d it updates. Hopefully from what bbn I’ve read I it will clear up and I’ll have a ddd for 3/18. I will keep updating

• #4392151
                                                                                                                        Frustrated

@crawler I have had the same issues exactly except i was accepted 1/27 and my refund decreased it looks like. But I have no answers my tax topic is also 152 and the only letter i received is about creating my online account. It looks like other people with our cycle number received theirs today so hopefully ours gets moving soon.

• #4391967
                                                                                                                          S6Fam9

Filed 2/18
                                                                                                                            Accepted same day
                                                                                                                            Bars as of 2/19
                                                                                                                            Transcripts updated 3/6
                                                                                                                            Lost bars and TT 152 on 3/6
                                                                                                                            Cycle 20201005
                                                                                                                            Refund amount is the same
                                                                                                                            As of date 3/9
                                                                                                                            TC 570 with date of 3/23
                                                                                                                            No letter from IRS

I’ve always had my return in 10 to 15 days No idea what’s going on this year…

• #4391850
                                                                                                                            Crawler

I don’t think so. From what I’ve been reading I think that’s the date they’re scheduled to start looking/ processing our return.

• #4391753
                                                                                                                              kingDtexas
                                                                                                                                @ddydellgmail-com

i have the same cycle and 3-23 dates . my refund decreased by about 400( i made more last year) but i just want to know if the 3-23 date is our refund date ?

Viewing 59 reply threads
                                                                                                                            • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.