CTC PLUS AMMENDED RETURN

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season CTC PLUS AMMENDED RETURN

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Shadowkracken.
  • Topic Starter
    Ataylor1111

I filed back in Feb, I then amended in April due to the unemployment taxes I was then told I was not eligible for the child tax credit—-

My transcripts updated this past Feb with a WAY Smaller amount then the amended return but I then checked the CTC portal and it updated to Approved to be able to start getting payments..

MY questions are that on the actual where is my amended return it is shows that its processing
      and my next question what will happen with July CTC payment? Will I have to just file that on my taxes or will they double it up for Aug?

Any help would be helpful

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Shadowkracken

Anyone else in the same boat I got a 290 and $0 next to it and my where’s my amended return updated to receiving something in mail. My ctc portal still has pending.

Vi

Finally got someone at the IRS I was told since I have a amended return pending I have to wait on my CTC an unemployment tax … straight BS my sister in law haven’t even got her taxes but the sent the CTC

Karebare016

@Ataylor111 – I am in the same situation. I did receive the letter and it says that little deposit was my amended return. I just don’t understand how that could be when I should be eligible for the EIC now. I’ve tried calling the number on the letter a few times but keep getting a “we’re too busy to answer your call” message. Still no ACTC for July

amber
                @ataylor1111

My amended returns says that it was processed and I should receive something explaining in 3 weeks! Transcript doesn’t show anything besides that small deposit I got @ the end of July,COULD this possible have been the amended return instead of what I thought which was it as the unemployment thing? maybe they adjusted it to a way smaller amount?STILL have not gotten any ACTC from July even though it did change to being able to get one in August.

Ccardoso54

Amended taxes accepted 4/04
                  Now where’s my amended refund shows
                  “Your amended return was received on April 04, 2021. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.” Then gives code 629 with the toll-free number to call.
                  Have not received any unemployment refund (I live in Indiana and I guess there is a big issue with that here) nor have I received and CTC payment yet. My transcripts have no updates at all. Smh

Bodagirl

No answers same situation though.
                    Watching/waiting for an answer.

Karebare016

@ATaylor111 – this is my situation exactly! I also want to know if I will still receive a refund from my amended return that is still processing and what will happen with July’s ACTC payment? It would be nice if they double it for August. As of today I still have no payments processed. Anyone else have any info on this?

Vi

I received my taxes in March an stimulus my amended return was accepted on may 19 still waiting on ctc the portal says mailed to address on file after I updated my bank information which the IRS already have

Ataylor1111

THIS PAST FRIDAY NOT FEB they updated *****

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.