Come Complain in This Thread

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Come Complain in This Thread

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Skittlez.
  • Topic Starter
    iHateJimbo

Every time I reeeeally need my refund, it takes forever.
      I’ve been struggling since October.
      I moved into a new place, then as soon as I started to catch up financially .. Christmas!
      As soon as X-Mas was over, my job hits the slow season and my hours get cut in half. I’ve literally been trying to survive off of $250 a week (w/ 3 kids and late bills) for the past month. Luckily I talked my landlord into letting me slide until I get my refund and called all of the utilities and got payment date extensions. I’m just barely going to make it without anything getting turned off.

Anyone else struggling and NEED their DDD to come soon? We still have a few days to wait. Might as well tell our problems to strangers on the internet.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Skittlez

This is my own reply copied from another thread but I wanted all to know there is hope .
          Ok so just to know that it’s true, I just called the irs 1040 line where the rep gave me the phone number for tax advocate but stated that a tax advocate can’t help until after the 15th.
          So I called anyway just to see what would happened. They answer the phone immediately so that was a plus lol. But the first reported for advocate had a nasty attitude and said no tax advocate are taking cases until after the 15th and do I have something else I want help with because that’s the end of story. I asked if she had a repo that can talk nicer with a better attitude and she hung up on me lmao.
          So I called back and got a nice old lady who talked soooo slow lol. She took my ssn just to see if she could help me at all. Placed me on a 2 minute hold and stated that because of the path act no hardship can be filed until the 27th even if I called back on the 15th but that my refund is fully processed and waiting for the release date. If you don’t receive by that date you can file but it will be available in your account by that date.

tkc1038

I have been in financial crisis far to long, this is my chance to get it all figured out and live instead of survive. I know I shouldn’t complain, I have a roof over my head and food in my belly. I just want to relax a little before it all begins again. Bills, kids need stuff, and oh yeah a bottomless pit teenage boy that somehow wiped out a whole closet full of food in a weekend.
            Thank you for a place to complain, I work hard all year to the point of pain everyday. Just one day that I can do anything is all I ask. Tax time allows me this. Waitingsucks.

cgdesilva
              @cgdesilva

Been having electric issues to the point we had to go without heat this winter. I run a animal rescue and there were some cold days that were hard to get through with one butane heater. I almost caved and took out credit to get it fixed. I held strong and now am just waiting until it gets here so I can prevent going without heat next year or getting in unnecessary debt.

I hope everyone who has been waiting with Path gets a DDD on the 17th and everyone just filing has a smooth process.

iHateJimbo

There you go!

Skittlez

Well I gotta move outta my house and I need this money to come by next weekend no joke. So how do we file a hardship I’m gonna call tomorrow to see if that’s possible cuz this is just crazy. I’ve never had to wait this long for a refund. I experienced much worse last year… my entire refund was offset for student loans! So I was SICK about that. Haven’t seen my refund since 2016 and I want my money NOWWWWW.
                  Whew that felt good. Thanks ihatejimbo lol

iHateJimbo

Oh I know that. It wouldn’t completely destroy my life if I had to ID verify. I have a lot of family to fall back on if things got held up for too long. I can only imagine what this would be like for someone that didn’t.
                    Just wanted to see if anyone else was having a rough time and wanted to share.

lance

Yes I wouldnt mind having to wait longer as long as I had a ddd so atleast you know nothings wrong. But waiting until the 17th only to receive a take action message while other people get ddd is a scary thought, happend to me last year..Had to ID verify. Just saying you cant count on the refund coming within the next week

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.