Codes 766 & 768

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season Codes 766 & 768

• This topic has 26 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Bri.
  • Topic Starter
    Starrynite

I apologize in advance if this question was answered somewhere but I haven’t found it yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok so I have a Cycle of 20220505 (weekly) and Date 02-21-2022
      I noticed at the end of my transcripts reads codes 766 & 768 with dates of 04-15-2022 and – next to the amounts.
      Can someone please explain this to me?

Viewing 25 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Bri

I have 766 and 768 codes, i also got a ddd on the 24th of february of 1000$ from my taxable income but the ctc and eic they are holding i sent in my documents needed for verification after receiving the letter and haven’t heard back yet

Day Savage

I’m going through the same thing. I received my taxes but now on my transcript it’s another 766 code with a – beside the amount. I’ve received 3 different answers from the irs. 2 representative have said I will receive and the 3rd one said they weren’t sure

Ambedawn

The negative amounts listed are your tax refund And any advanced child talks credit payment you got so Your refund amount doesn’t change unless you made an error on the child tax credit payments

Helga

I have a 766 code for 4/15/2022. It is what the child tax credit would have been, however it wasn’t included in my refund. It is just sitting there with a 766 credit to your account. I just got my federal refund, but no ctc. You cannot get throught to the irs no matter what time you call. So I am thinking that I am not getting the rest of my CTC payment.

Moo

@erin thank you now I see!!!

Moo

Right. I added all three of my -negative amounts . It’s more . Hopefully I will see a larger refund.

Holly E

766 is the child tax credit that you received if you did early child tax credit. 768 is your EIC..All it’s doing on your transcript is showing that you have earned these to date.

Andrew
                        @voslik

[quote quote=4513696]Did you ever find the answer to this? It is driving me nuts. I have the same thing. Different amounts.[/quote]

766 Not sure but some kind of refund or offset reversal but positive currency.

768 Earned Income Credit
                        They should have negative marks next to them meaning that’s what you’re getting paid!

Belinda

Did you ever find the answer to this? It is driving me nuts. I have the same thing. Different amounts.

Hwat

The 766 I’m getting shows 3000.00 more than what turbo tax told me I’m getting. Is that supposed to happen? Is that my amount? Like, am I getting 3000.00 more than I expect?

Ladyluck84

Same here

Anxiously waiting

@ Ladyluck84
                                Thanks, I definitely hope so… My anxiety is at 100 lol! Trying to stay patient!

Ladyluck84

@ Anxiously waiting

I’m hoping so been at those for a week with no ddd.

Anxiously waiting

So quick question. If I’m seeing codes 766 and 768 on my transcript as of today, does that mean I should be seeing my 846 and DDD soon? My as of date is still Feb 28, 2022

Kate

150 tax code says owe 1400 which is half of stimulus I got. I got 1400 for me and 1400 for baby. So why are they taking one of those away from my refund. Anybody else have this. My income is the same as all the other stimulus payments. So why this one.

Starrynite

@Erin

Thanks I did that and it was equal. Man, I was so confused. lol

Jen
                                          @sassybasschick

I just checked. It’s both numbers plus what I paid in, in Fed withholding.

Erin
                                            @momma4

The amount on line 150 is your tax owed. If you subtract that from your 766 & 768 it should equal your refund.

Kate

My 766 and 768 equal 1400 more than my refund

Adama

Yea I have my codes except for 846 and it’s more than what my return was supposed to be

Dsca
                                                  @dsca

I actually had the same question because my credits equaled more but after looking at the more detailed tax record I noticed that if I subtracted what I paid into federal taxes and what’s listed “as tax per return” (top of transcript to the left) what remained was my refund amount. Hopefully that makes sense.

Starrynite

Still doesn’t match, I must be getting an adjustment on my return. Hopefully 🙏🏽 It’s a good thing.

Starrynite

@Lulu

Thanks!!!

Lulu

@Starrynite add only negative 766 Amounts with 2022 date , that will give you your refund amount
                                                        Hope it helps

Starrynite

@Amanda

I added mine together and they don’t match my refund ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amanda

I have those as well except my process date is 2/14/21 those are your child tax credit codes. My W2 refund code was towards the top and I added them together and it was my refund amount.

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                        • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.