Code 846

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Dewy.
  • Topic Starter
    Anonymous

I’m hoping someone can shed some light. I was accepted on the 1/26 and have been stuck on the “no bar, your being processed” scenario I see others having trouble with. After some research today I downloaded my transcript and there is the code 20150403 (which by some theories, means I should have already gotten my refund…I have not). There is also the 846 code at the bottom with delivery date 2/23. Does the fact that I have the 846 code mean the refund is on the way? I pulled last years transcript and the date said 2/24, but I received it on 2/7.

(*Note: Was married in 2014 and my husband had a past balance with the IRS, according to my transcript his balance has been deducted and I still have code 846…)

Just hoping for some insight, like most others we rely on a speedy return :) thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Dewy
          @dewy

Good news! Your getting your refund and it will most likely Direct Deposit around the 12th of .Feb.

Anonymous

Thanks :) Guess the WMR bars and the 20150403 code have me flustered, wish I knew of an approximate date…suppose only time will tell!

Cafeazucartx
              @rtbartonie

Code 846 means your refund has been issued. This year there were some dead cycles in the dates this year so some of them were resquenced the 03 and three others so they put them back in the system to be processed. Next to refund issued you will see a -xxxx.xx so a negative sign next to the number means it’s been applied to your account. The transcript DDD is always a couple weeks away from when you actually get it.. Which is actually much sooner.
              Last year my cycle code ended in an 01 or an 02 and it says sent on 3/15/2014 but I actually got it 2/28.

Hope this helps

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.