Anyone who filed with form 8915-E – Been accepted? Or still pending?

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Anyone who filed with form 8915-E – Been accepted? Or still pending?

• This topic has 26 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Lori S..
  • Topic Starter
    Momof3

I filed 1/30 with credit karma. I did have the form. It’s for people who took money from there 401k due to the pandemic. I have been doing some research and from what I have read that form can not be efiled as of right now. I was never told this, and I have chatted with credit karma twice trying to find out why it’s still pending. As far as I can tell there is something special they need to do with that form to have it go through, I just don’t know how to get them to fix it so it can actually be submitted correctly.

Viewing 25 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Lori S.

But has anyone actually received their taxes back after filing that form, regardless who they filed with?

Jade

Has the issue been resolved with this form? Are more people getting DDDs now?

Tasha

I filed with TaxAct using 8915-E and accepted 2/14. Not able to check transcript so I’m thinking im good. Praying

Nikki

Where is 8915-e in TaxAct?

Momof3

Nothing just the one that comes in second gets rejected.

Stacy f

Thank you for posting this! I filed with CK and have been going crazy. I contacted them 3 times with no help, and they never mentioned this! What happens if you file twice??

Momof3

I decided to give up on Credit Karma and filed with freetax usa. I did it about 11:30 this morning and just got the email it’s accepted. With the 8915-E

lordsnow77

Same issue here. Submitted return through CK on 2/2 and nothing happened with it. Yesterday I filed with freetaxusa and was accepted within 10 minutes. Not sure what credit karma’s problem is.

JSM6

Transcripts updated this morning with a DDD of 2/22. I filed with TaxAct and with form 8915-E.

Ana
                            @ana85

I just filed again (with the form) using freetaxusa and was accepted within the hour! I am never using CK again… I am going to make sure and send them a message and let them know! Can’t believe they still haven’t said anything about this issue.

Momof3

I’m going to do that too 😳

Holly

Ladies!!!!

I filed my return through H&R Block and it went through! I got accepted in about 10 minutes. Hubby and I talked about it and I just filed without the 8915-E form. Didn’t wanna deal with the hassle and my WMR site updated already! Never going through Credit Karma again. I’ll deal with just paying from now on! I hope it turns out better for you guys!

Holly

That’s exactly what I’ve been reading too. I said screw it and refilled through H&R Block. I’m never going through credit karma ever again. I’ve read lots of people have just refilled and got accepted for other companies!

Momof3

Hmm that sounds like a good plan I don’t know I think someone else said they were able to file and we’re accepted with TaxAct

Ana
                                      @ana85

From what I’ve read all that happens if u e-file a second time is that whichever one gets accepted first is the one that gets on file, whatever comes after the acceptance would get rejected. I am seriously thinking about doing this. Is it only CK with this issue?

Momof3

I’m thinking the same thing I’m just worried that the one I already filed will go through too and cause issues at the IRS and make it take even longer. 🥴

Holly

I talked to someone at H&R Block and they said the IRS doesn’t release the form till next Tuesday. That anything out there is just a draft. I’m about to say fuck it and just refile somewhere else and just pay the damn penalty! I’m over this! She said the form is probably what’s causing the hold up!

Jeangrey18

I have this and was accepted 2/13. Didn’t use credit karma

Clamp
                                              @clampy

Hey, I filed yesterday with FreeTaxUsa, used 8915–E and was accepted about an hour later. Apparent people who have been filing with credit karma have been having some issues.

JSM6

I started working on my taxes about a week ago and was unable to finish filing due to the form being in draft. Friday 2/12 I was finally able to efile with TaxAct and was accepted 2/12 as well. Hope this helps.

Anyone else use Credit Karma?

From what I’m reading the form can’t be filed until 02/24/2021 at the earliest. This makes me so mad! Why do this to people who need the money during a pandemic. They shouldn’t be aloud to do taxes if they can’t do things right! I’m tempted to contact them and tell them they are a bunch of liars!

Ana
                                                    @ana85

Thank you for asking this! I also used credit karma, filed 2/9 with this form and still pending. It makes me mad because CK did not say anything about this form not being able to e-file yet. It makes me nervous that CK hasn’t said anything, do they even know what’s going on? How did they send it to irs if it can’t even be e-filed yet…. It would help if we knew what date the irs will accept , or just any info at all.

Momof3

I am thinking the same thing. That’s one question I will be asking my cousin when she calls if I even can file with someone else I don’t want to run it to a problem because I filed twice even though essentially the first one is not filed. 😊

Anyone else use Credit Karma?

@Momof3

Your a life saver! I’m so glad I’m not the only one going through this. I’m wondering if we should efile somewhere else.

Momof3

No Credit Karma never told me anything I found out on my own with research. I messaged them and asked what needs to happen but no response yet. My cousin is a CPA so I’m going to ask her. I will update when I have any more info.

Holly

@Momof3

Did they say what they need to do?

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                        • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.