anyone still stuck on pending efile with HR Block?

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season anyone still stuck on pending efile with HR Block?

• This topic has 100 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Beckyw.
  • Topic Starter
    gigi

Is anyone still stuck on pending efile with HR Block??? or am I all alone :{

Viewing 99 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Beckyw

This is still happening…I filed on June 10th and my returns are still sitting in pending. I read the other bloggers and decided to revert back to my previous online tax service to file my return. I received the “accepted by the IRS” about 5 minutes after I filed my return. I’ve sat on hold for hours with the IRS and with H&R block…I will never file with them again.

Nikki

I’ve been stuck on pending for 2 months and I’ve never received my emerald card is this why I’m still pending?

Elliott Hates H&R Block

It sounds like I have a different bug than you guys because my state return was immediately rejected for no apparent reason. I could mail my state return on paper but that seems ridiculous and I worry that it would also be rejected.

Going to make my third phone call to H&R Block to resolve this. The update on 2/14 apparently did not work.

Frustrated in PA

I keep getting Federal rejections for the past week despite the fact that the software update supposedly happened on 02/14. Is anyone else still receiving the FD-32-R0000-205 error? It’s been over a week since the update & the next update isn’t happening until 03/05.

ThatGuy

@BoostedMazi
                  You’re a pather. You will update this coming week or weekend sometime with a ddd of most likely the following week.

Muhammad Hussain

Hi I filed my with h and r online still stuck on california tax refund shows pending they keep on giving bs excuses of update and claim no no help filed jan27th still shows pending

BoostedMazi

Filled Jan 13. Fed+state we’re both accepted a week later. Been receiving the check back mid to late feb response. Checked this morn feb 15. Status changed to pending!? Trying to figure out what’s going on with this thing.

Yatta9

Yes I filed on 1/31 nothing has changed it just says fed/state pending

Ashley

My refund said approved and that it would come today.
                          But now it says pending again

Tom White

Had same issue. Updated today, on the 14th, like it said, re-filed, and fed acceptance within 8 minutes!

Tony

IRS Accepted my Return within an hour of my re-efiling today! Looks like H and R Block found the fix!

Tony

Updated software and re-efiled. Fingers crossed, LOL

Annoyed

@Sue- I received a refund for the state e-file fee. My federal return made it to IRS and I successfully got my federal refund. I ended up going to my state’s revenue site to file my state return when Block didn’t transmit. I contacted Block via social media and received a refund of $19.95 for the state e-file fee. H&R Block Answers on Twitter

Sue

Is anyone getting a refund for the software?

iLoatheTaxSeason(PATHassF)

They said h&r had a problem with early returns so people had to refile

Brandie

Yes. My state return has been pending for 20 days. I filed online through H&R Block. I’ve called them 3 times and no one seems to know what the issue is. I’m quite frustrated that I can’t get any solid answer as to what the problem is or if I need or can do something different.

dc6470

Yes, since Jan 27!

Scott

Something like that happend to.me last year. Just file again with a different tax prepairer. I used freetaxusa and was happy because it was avcepted right away and saved me $90 not to mention it was why i recieved my deposit.3 days early since fees did not need to be defuctef.

Anyways your new return will get accepted and if h&r ever gets it togethet that one will just get rejected.

Frustrated

Filed on 2/1 and was stuck on Pending till today 2/11. Now got the email stating that the IRS and States rejected my return. This is beyond belief. Very frustrating. They better payup for this.

Below is the message that comes up when checking status:
                                              Error 1 of 2
                                              Rejection Code: FD-32-R0000-204
                                              Update and Resubmit Your Federal Return
                                              Problem: Your return was rejected because of a problem with our e-filing process. We apologize for this inconvenience. The problem has been
                                              identified and will be corrected with an update available for Windows operating systems by end of day Friday, Feb. 14 and for MAC operating
                                              systems by end of day Thursday, Feb. 20.

Error 2 of 2
                                              Rejection Code: FD-32-R0000-205
                                              Update and Resubmit Your Federal Return
                                              Problem: Your return was rejected because of a problem with our e-filing process. We apologize for this inconvenience. The problem has been
                                              identified and will be corrected with an update available for Windows operating systems by end of day Friday, Feb. 14 and for MAC operating
                                              systems by end of day Thursday, Feb. 20.
                                              Solution: Update your Federal program and follow the steps to e-file your return again.

Lazaro

I filed on February 8h and it still shows as pending. This is the first time it happens to me with HR block I wont use this software never again.

John G

I filed my Taxes on February 1. I’m still in pending. Waiting with no Help From H&R Block

Matt

Got this response today:

Thank you for being an H&R Block DIY Product client.
                                                    We’re contacting you to let you know we’re currently working on your case.

We take every reported issue seriously and work to address it appropriately. We expect the fix to be in place by February 14. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience with this matter.

H&R BlockRepresentative Paula

I would like to apologize for the confusion Unfortunate we had a power outage When the power came back on everybodies e-file has been deleted. I know you guys want your money Sad to say is no longer your money it’s our money now , thank you so much for your participation and donations . And yes we want all the SMOKE!

Brett

Filed with hr block on 1/27 fed accepted same.day PATH message 2/1 RI accepted 1/30 and MA accepted 2/6 with a ddd of 2/12 think it’s based on when you filed if there was a glitch in their system that day I have no issues maybe I’m just a lucky one

jane murray

I am! Just created an account and it was hung up for quite a while!

Bratt love

Yes. Glade im not alone. They put the block on us It has to be an explanation for this

Annoyed

If your federal and state returns havent been accepted at all, try IRS free file. At least you will start processing. If block does eventually transmit, those will be rejected

Sandy

Yes….. it’s been 7 days since I eviler and still pending with no help as what to do or why!!!

john

filed on 1/31 for federal and state. both are still pending to date(2/9). tried calling hrblock and was on hold for 1 hour before i had to live my life. wont use them again. more importantly i need to get my refund and get my taxes accepted. how does this happen now????!!!!!

Nicolaine

same. my e-file keeps getting rejected

Nicolaine

Same. So frustrating. My federal keeps getting rejected because of an update that is not coming til 2/14 and which has no impact on my return whatsoever. so glitchy. I’m contemplating starting from scratch with turbotax and getting a refund of my H & R money

Taxpayer

Yes mine is and it’s been two weeks. My sisters also and hers been 10 days.

• #4343843
                                                                        Pat

Still pending after resubmitting on 1/29. Fede4al only.

• #4343806
                                                                          Grrrrr!!!!!

Yes still pending since 2-1-2020

• #4343630
                                                                            Frustrated

Filed on 2/1 and still pending as of 2/8. Very frustrating. Last time using H&R Block. Have been using them for over 10 yrs and never had this issue.I am done with them now.

• #4343625
                                                                              Mary Fansler

YES!!!! I filed on 1-30
                                                                                Called on 2-4 once got elevated to tier 2, was told I would get an email how to resolve this.
                                                                                Never received the email.
                                                                                Did online chat 2-6, on was told they would contact me via phone within 24-48 hours, I’m still waiting. I have used their software for well over 10 years and have never had an issue. Everyone else in the house that has used the software has had theirs filed and accepted….tonight 2-8 still nothing. I am very frustrated!

• #4343371
                                                                                Beyond Mad

I filed my federal return 1/30. Never got a acceptance letter, call h&r block, they said there a glitch my return never got sent to irs. Now i have to wait til February 15th for their system to update. And he said there a possibility it will come back rejected. So beyond mad, i will never file with them again.

• #4342611
                                                                                  erica smith

Been using HR block since I was 16 and I have never had a problem. I filed and my federal return was transmitted sunday 2/2. still in pending. Called HR block and they said no knowledge as to why to check back in 24-48 hrs. I did not efile state- just federal. I am so annoyed :(

• #4342461
                                                                                    Elizabeth Duffer

Got this from another website where people were having the same issue:

The IRS may be working on a backlog of returns at this time, so it can sometimes take longer than the initial 24-48 hours before you know if they have accepted or rejected your return. If it’s pending, you know that it’s still on the way to them. But you will get an email when your return goes from pending status to Accepted or Rejected.

I filed on 1/30 and it still says pending, so apparently it’s been happening to a lot of people.

• #4342407
                                                                                      Sheri Phalen

What is the best phone # to call H&R Block? Both my Federal and MA state returns are still pending ….TIA

• #4342403
                                                                                        Sheri Phalen

You are not alone. I e-filed 02/01/20 and it is still showing a Pending Status …

• #4341839
                                                                                          cy

2/2/2020 fed e-filed, still pending. 2/6/2020 call HR to check, Still on-hold in their system due to glitches. Promised to send us email to instruct us to fix, after 24 hours, still no emails. very annoying.

We purchased their home software more than 10 years, this is the first time having so many problems.

• #4341796
                                                                                            JLin

SSDD. Seven days now, still pending. Wonder why H&R can’t be forthright …

• #4341734
                                                                                              Kissy

Nope your not alone. I’m also stuck on pending. 👎

• #4341699
                                                                                                Christy

Yes! My state does not even require a state return (TN). So it’s not a state return issue. I filed my federal return on 1/28 it’s been pending ever since. I filed my daughters the day before which is very similar to mine and it went through within 2 hours and she received her refund yesterday. I’ve called 6 times after repeated promises of call backs, emails, and “overnight fixes”. Finally, yesterday the gentleman told me he doesn’t know why I was told wrong information the glitch has not been fixed and I will not me accepted from pending until I receive the EMAIL stating issue is fixed. Again today no email no fix and I attempted to redo as instructed same result. I’ve used them for 10 years but this year is the first time I bought the software instead of the usual login free account online. I wonder if this is the common issue?? Has everyone else’s problem been with bought software or with online account?

• #4341582
                                                                                                  PAul

Yes, filed 2/5.Fed and NY still pending.

• #4341344
                                                                                                    Diane

Hi gigi

yes, me too I efiled mine on Jan 28th today is 2/7 still nothing :( I don’t understand I know others it went right through and accepted.

• #4341270
                                                                                                      Jess

I am stuck in pending too…since 1/31/2020. I called support and created a ticket, for which I got an email yesterday saying the issue was fixed and I would need to resubmit my return. But I cant figure out how to re-submit it. :(

• #4341061
                                                                                                        Patrice

GA finally accepted. Crazy. Was pending since 01/29.

• #4341056
                                                                                                          shari

filed and submitted on February 2 has been pending for mine, and both my family members since. This is the first time since using HR block and I have been using HR Block software for 20 years that I am having such an issue….what is the problem!!!!. Nothing is different with my filing…

• #4340977
                                                                                                            Prtybrwngrl

My GA return was just accepted at 6:02 pm. After 14 days, about time! Never using H&R Block again.

• #4340923
                                                                                                              Marquise

Massachusetts just got accepted an hour ago. After 11 days lol

• #4340905
                                                                                                                Dawn

All state returns are currently experiencing processing delays.

We’re working to resolve this situation as soon as possible. However, our understanding is that Georgia and New Mexico might have further processing delays.
                                                                                                                  Timnah H

Yes I read that online. I live in Massachusetts.

I am also reading some have been processed, when do you expect this to be corrected.

as long as you have filed your return they are timely filed. Your status will update as soon as we have the acknowledgement from the IRS
                                                                                                                  Timnah H

The IRS is fine, it was accepted and I am awaiting my refund. It is the State that I am asking about. I will check again tomorrow to see if the Pending state of my Massachusetts State return has changed. Thank you.

As you can see from my conversation they are just reading a script. We will not be using H&R Block again next year.

• #4340903
                                                                                                                  Lesley

GA still pending. filed on 27th of January and federal return accepted same day. spoke to them twice was told it would be processed any day now – still waiting

• #4340887
                                                                                                                    Dawn

MA return still pending – filed on 27th of Jan, Federal return accepted within hours. Called HR Block 2 days ago and was told that I had to wait 21 days to see if it was accepted or rejected. Furious now that I read comments below and possibly a “glitch” caused this. Will be calling again tonight when I get home.

• #4340833
                                                                                                                      Pat

Is anyone still pending. I resubmitted my tax return after error on Jan 29th and it is still pending. Gives me a phone number when I check status.

• #4340732
                                                                                                                        Brett

State finally accepted.30 mins ago as well must be the glitchnis fixed I filed 1/27 so been a while

• #4340671
                                                                                                                          TAJ2020
                                                                                                                            @turnicia

State finally accepted 30 min ago. I’m in Ga.

• #4340418
                                                                                                                            cy

2/2/2020 fed e-filed, still pending (No Acceptance or Rejection) after 4 days..

Call H&R, talk to tier 1 and tier2, The tax return was still on hold by H&R and never successfully sent to IRS. The reason was system glitch…. They need to give me an email in one or two days to reject the previous returns and instruct me how to refile. Wait and see.what happen next.

H&R should automatically inform the clients affected by the system errors, very disappointed.

Any one has Fed E-file pending more than 48 hours, maybe need to pay more attention.

• #4340307
                                                                                                                              Marquise

Hopefully they fix in soon because they lost 100s of customer’s next year without a doubt

• #4340236
                                                                                                                                Ange

@Marquise

I’m afraid to refilled so it won’t get rejected. Last time i did that i didn’t get my money till 3 months later. It was a lot of back and forth. I just wish H&R block would be truthful about what is going on.

• #4340186
                                                                                                                                  PrtyBrwnGrl

Yeah, so H&R Block is full of it. I was told by several representatives that my pending status would disappear overnight, and I should be able to refile my state taxes this morning. Guess what?!? Still pending. To make matters worse, I can’t file them anywhere else because my federal return has already been accepted. I tried filing through TaxAct, and my federal return was rejected (which I expected), but since it was rejected, my state was rejected as well.

This is a nightmare! And H&R Block still hasn’t fixed the issue!

• #4340018
                                                                                                                                    Brett

Filed 1/27 and still nothing about mass accepting my return closing in on day 9 something was def done wrong

• #4339962
                                                                                                                                      Marquise

Ange dont believe them you can even call the Mass department of revenue like I did. 10 days later they had no idea what HR Block was talking about. They didnt receive anything. They gave you a generic response that they gave me last Wednesday. Supposedly it was wait until the 5th 2 days ago, well nothing happened for many people and they are still complaining I refiled my state through the government site. They are full of it. 5 different reps give you a different answer. My wife filed through them yesterday too. I told her not to. To late. Now she’s been pending 2 days.🤦🏾‍♂️

• #4339944
                                                                                                                                        Shaniquwa

Mines been expected. Mines prosessing. Mines Hope he update 2nite

• #4339935
                                                                                                                                          Ange

Same here, i filled 1/27 federal was accepted after 2 hrs. Still nothing from Massachusetts. When i check where’s my ma state refund, it’s saying they have no information about my taxes. But i spoke to a representative from H&r block today i was told mass did receive my tax. At this point i don’t know what to do next.

• #4339914
                                                                                                                                            Rhonda

I filed with Turbo tax for both of my sons within an hour apart. One went through right away and accepted that night. My other sons is still pending for both. I know they had a backlog since you couldn’t file until the 28th or so.

• #4339885
                                                                                                                                              Marquise

I jus refiled my state taxes and federal was sent as well I know federal will get rejected but hoping my state gets accepted this time and doesn’t stay pending. Used freetaxusa on government site. Thank You

• #4339851
                                                                                                                                                Rebecca

@Marquise- you should be able to efile your state alone. If you go to your state revenue website, there should be a place to efile your state only. It wont file federal. You will need your federal return to do it and will need to submit it with your state return though.

• #4339823
                                                                                                                                                  Marquise

Yep my state for Mass since 1/27th they keep making excuses and I do not want to mail it in. Sucks you cannot efile state alone

• #4339666
                                                                                                                                                    Kim
                                                                                                                                                      @alessandromommy

@Annoyed okay thank you I will be calling my hr office tomorrow and see I heard something to about the home heating credit form wouldn’t be available until tomorrow so idk if that has something to do with anything

• #4339633
                                                                                                                                                      Annoyed

@Kim That’s what I did. I used the at home software, though. I didn’t trust Block after getting a bunch of different stories about what was going on. The state just like the IRS, is going to take the first return it receives, and reject any other subsequent e-files, hence why I got that duplicate return notice when Block finally transmitted it. I just wanted it filed. In your case I’d go back to the Block office and get some answers. If they can’t tell you why it hasn’t been transmitted then yes, (MY OPINION) if it was me, I’d go to your state revenue site to file. I will be doing that from here on out now. I got confirmation immediately it was submitted that way. Last time I use HR Block servers to transmit my returns.

• #4339607
                                                                                                                                                        Kim
                                                                                                                                                          @alessandromommy

@annoyed so I should just go to my state revenue site and file my state even though I went in the hr block office and had my taxes done there

• #4339574
                                                                                                                                                          Annoyed

I was in same boat, filed both federal and state on 1/30. Federal made it but state didn’t. In fact in the software, it still stated pending for both returns. When I realized state didn’t transmit 8 hours later, I called Block, and got several different stories, none of which were true. Decided not to wait and I went to my state revenue site and filed successfully. It was received and began processing within hours. Days later I got a duplicate return response from my state because Block eventually did transmit the state return. Block wasn’t truthful from the beginning when their systems malfunctioned. When I called Block and let them know I have a date and timestamp from the IL dept of revenue of my successfully filed state return, they refunded my state e file fee.

• #4339504
                                                                                                                                                            Kim
                                                                                                                                                              @alessandromommy

Can someone help I filed 1/14 with hr block my federal was accepted the 15th theres been no movement with my MI state I called the office I filed at last week the lady said she looked and it was sitting there I called my state office yesterday the lady there said they havent received my return idk what to do

• #4339481
                                                                                                                                                              Chenon M Times-Rainwater

YES!!! I am beyond pissed off with them this year. I have never had an issue, but they can’t seem to repair their outdated filing problem with the IRS before the next update on Feb 14. So if you have a schedule A, it is stuck in pending and their system has to manually reject it before you can do anything. I was first told it would be fixed by today, but after 4 hours of phone calls I still know nothing.

• #4338298
                                                                                                                                                                Rebecca

Filed 1/9 federal accepted 1/13
                                                                                                                                                                  OR state pending until today. State got rejected because of their processing delay.

• #4337830
                                                                                                                                                                  Brett

Filed 1/27 too federal accepted still nothing with Mass state

• #4337801
                                                                                                                                                                    Marquise

Filed 27th federal accepted 1 hour later Massachusetts been pending ever since the 27th 9 years I used them. Never again.

• #4336146
                                                                                                                                                                      mp

I am i filed on 1/25 last saturday have heard nothing all week.

• #4336098
                                                                                                                                                                        ThatGuy

H&r block
                                                                                                                                                                          Filed 1/31
                                                                                                                                                                          Fed received 1/31
                                                                                                                                                                          No state movement
                                                                                                                                                                          Eic / pather
                                                                                                                                                                          Fees taken out of refund also accpeted for refund advance.

• #4336097
                                                                                                                                                                          Gigi

Per customer service:
                                                                                                                                                                            We are truly sorry for the delay and really thank you for being so patient. We are experiencing processing delays. Clients’ state returns should be processed by Tuesday February 5, 2020, though Georgia and New Mexico may have further processing delays

• #4336088
                                                                                                                                                                            Annoyed

I was directed to send an email to [email protected] to get my refund for state efile by LM, a representative who I chatted with on Twitter. HR has a satisfaction guarantee, just in case anyone else looking to get a refund of their filing fee

• #4336085
                                                                                                                                                                              Stephen Rogg

I just efile on MA state web site for free and requested a refund from H&R Block for the state return.

Will update

last post
                                                                                                                                                                                iled 1/22/2020 with H&R
                                                                                                                                                                                Fed was accepted 1/29/2020 one bar on WMR
                                                                                                                                                                                MA state still Pending

getting different stories from H&R

• #4336076
                                                                                                                                                                                Annoyed

Check your state’s revenue department they may have same type of setup where you can file your state return

• #4336075
                                                                                                                                                                                  Annoyed

@Rebecca- I live in Illinois and they have a website mytax Illinois where you can e file your IL state return. I used that to submit when I realized HR Block never sent it

• #4336041
                                                                                                                                                                                    Mary

Is there a way to file just state with someone else? HR has it a mess

• #4336040
                                                                                                                                                                                      Mary

Having issues with being rejected on state.I am about to the point of mailing it in.

• #4336012
                                                                                                                                                                                        lostrock4

pending on turbotax , sent in 1/28/20 11pm

• #4336008
                                                                                                                                                                                          Rebecca

@Annoyed
                                                                                                                                                                                            What do you mean you resubmitted with your state revenue? My date is still pending and hr block says the transmitted it yesterday. The state revenue says they dont have anything. Thanks

• #4335967
                                                                                                                                                                                            Annoyed

@Carol- that’s what I did. My federal went through but my state did not so I resubmitted myself with my state’s department of revenue. Got a confirmation number immediately after submission. I wouldn’t wait for HR Block. This is the last year I use their software. In process of getting $19.95 refund of state e-file fee now.

• #4335953
                                                                                                                                                                                              Carol

Federal finally approved today. MA state still says pending. H&R told me MA was approved and federal is being held up for corrections that I need to make. I’m obviously going to have to refile with another service at this point.

• #4335932
                                                                                                                                                                                                Gigi

Filed 1/27 federal and state still pending
                                                                                                                                                                                                  I was constantly told it was under review by them I kept asking to talk to someone higher up then finally After being on hold for literally 2 hours I finally got told by tier 2 that there was some sort of power glitch that affected some people and they are having to slowly resend those affected thorough in batches to the IRS nothing can be done just have to sit and wait until it happens.

• #4335929
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Steve

yep
                                                                                                                                                                                                    filed 1/22/2020 with H&R
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Fed was accepted 1/29/2020 one bar on WMR
                                                                                                                                                                                                    MA state still Pending

getting different stories from H&R

• #4335897
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Rebecca

Thank you Tyler. I am on it now.

• #4335896
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Tyler

I called but they said I’d be on hold for 1 hour and I hung up. I did chat online with them and they said “it was being reviewed by them” whatever…. they just didn’t send it. First and last time I use them!

• #4335891
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Rebecca

Tyler, did you call HR block?

• #4335890
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Tyler

Just got this…..

HR Block: Congratulations! The Indiana state tax office accepted your return. For more info, reply HRBHELP.

• #4335875
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Tyler

Yes filed 1/24 and fed accepted on 1/27. State has been stuck on pending since. I’m PISSED!

• #4335872
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Rebecca

No your not alone. My state is still pending and the irs says they havent received anything and to contact H and R block but they dont know anything either. Getting frustrated here.

Viewing 99 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                            • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.