ANYONE ENTER WRONG ACCOUNT NUMBER AND WAITING FOR CHECK-PLEASE LMK ANY UPDATES

Home Forums General Discussion 2015 Tax Season ANYONE ENTER WRONG ACCOUNT NUMBER AND WAITING FOR CHECK-PLEASE LMK ANY UPDATES

• This topic has 23 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by sam.
  • Topic Starter
    Joanna

I CANT BELIEVE I SWITCHED TWO NUMBERS AROUND ON BANK ACCOUNT INFO. I CALLED THE IRS AND THEY SAID THE BANK HAS TO REJECT IT AND SEND A PAPER CHECK. THEY SAID IT CAN TAKE 4-6 WEEKS!!!! HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE? HOW LONG DID YOU WAIT? PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED TO YOU THIS YEAR AND YOU RECIEVE YOUR CHECK… THANKS

Viewing 22 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        sam

Maybe it’s some sort glitch… because the irs won’t continue to try and deposit, it gets rejected and sent back and then they cut a check automatically. I was told is all computer generated. Perhaps u can tell the bank to stop it from trying to re deposit and send it back.

JOANNA

I called the treasury on Monday (2/9) and I was told that the IRS was still trying to deposit my refund into my account, even though I had already called and told them on the 5th that I entered the wrong account number. I called the IRS and they just say the process takes 4-6 weeks so I need to call back after that time! I called the Treasury again this morning and they still haven’t received a request to mail the check! Why I don’t know the bank said they rejected it 3 times on the 5th so I’m at a loss! All I can do know is hope that one day I will get my refund :(

sam

If you contact the treasury, they can tell you if the money had been sent back to the irs. My bank rejected the 6th (even tho they told me the 5th) treasury sent them to irs on 7th, the irs recieved them on the 9th. Now irs is saying their system says they havnt gotten them. Just waiting for the update I suppose. The irs rep I spoke to today was really friendly and said some people get theirs sooner than others, BUT the irs system updates big every weekend. So to check again Tuesday. Hope this helps yall

zach

Same thing happened to me.
                Where’s my refund just shows 1121 code. Are checks mailed before this is updated or what?

Amanda

I did that two years ago and didnt notice it right away to it had to be sent to my actual bank, rejected..then sent back to the IRS before they would issue me a paper check and mail it out. It took about 45 days before i received my refund. Hopefully yours will be fixed and come sooner though!

BusyMomma

Your welcome I think that is the quickest I ever got a hold of the irs hopefully Wmr updates with good news for you tonight

Joanna

THANKS for the number busy momma! Spoke to an agent super quick and they told me my refund was rejected on Friday! So know its gonna take a couple of more days for the irs to receive it then the us treasury has to receive a request to send a check! Dont understand why they keep on trying to send it to the bank when i called the IRS and told them that was the wrong account number!

Janice

Joanna – I really think you’ll receive yours Tuesday or wed. I think you also have a mail date of 2-13 (esp since irs agent said 5 weeks). That’s just my assessment.

Joanna

I called BOA today and a supervisor finally told me it got rejected for the 3rd time on the 5th so they should have recieved it back. When i go to WMR it says refund sent 2/4 . I just got off the phone with the IRS and i asked if they could just tell me if they at least recieved the funds and she said i have to wait 5 weeks to call back! They cant give out any info! They said sometimes WMR updates for some people and not for others :( waiting game it is! When i request a transcript it says it can not verify my identity but i put the same info all the time

BusyMomma

My refund was rejected on 1/30/2015 because I missed one account number WMR updated on the 4th and stated a paper check will be mailed by 2/10/2015
                            I call this number 1-800-826-9434 today and he confirmed my payment was rejected on 1/30/2015 and a paper check was mailed out today

Janice

Joanna – do you have an error code or any other code when checking on wmr?

Some rejections have a 570 or 1121 code after bank reject. I would ask you to check your transcript but you can’t access it. I know I’ve seen posts of either the bank immediately reissuing check or getting a review after the bank rejects. Just the luck of the draw.

Also what bank are you with? Perhaps they haven’t sent the funds back yet?

Joanna

My WMR status still says sent to back on 2/4! And it wont allow me to get a transcript .. getting super frustrated. I just hope it doesn’t take months to get it!

Janice

I was rejected the 4th and my transcripts updated the 5th that they were issuing paper check – on the 6th mine updated on wmr for check mail date of 2-13

Really only a couple of days and my wmr was updated. Frustrating because it looks like you have to wait for mail date for them to really mail it. :/

joanna

ANYONE HAVE A WMR UPDATE? OR ANY UPDATE AT ALL

Anonymous

I know they’ll also reject it if it’s someone else’s account, unless it’s your spouse. My sister tried to get hers on my card and they absolutely refused. Too many fraud cases they said. They wouldn’t even accept a notarized letter or anything from either of us saying it was okay. Although I know places like this like to tell everyone something different. Also know they like to tell you way longer so when it comes in sooner you’re thrilled. My bank didn’t kick mine back, they just printed me their check and mailed it. It was less than a week after my DDD. I hope it is for you both too.

I think my sister did it on purpose that year, missing my one number. She wanted hers 1st so I would be tortured pretty much. Now I make her show me what’s she submits. I check that stuff quadruple now, I guarantee, we’ll all only make that mistake ONCE!

samantha

They told me that too. Ask for a supervisor.

Joanna

Samantha i will call again but the two times ive called they said because im not the account holder they cant give me any info or look into someone elses account!! I keep telling them i just want to make sure that it did get rejected and that someone else isnt gonna receive it and spend it.

samantha

I have bank of america and did the same thing. Give them the account number that you provided the irs and then also the amount of your refund and the direct deposit department can tell u where your funds are. Mine were rejected the following day. Bank of America states they reject it automatically. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

That happened to me one year and it came in the mail about 4 or 5 days after the DDD. I have net spend and they were very timely getting it to me. More than the IRS would be anyway.

Joanna

I called BOA and they said they couldn’t give me any info since it didnt go to my account They couldn’t even tell me anything. I called the IRS and they told me to call back after 6 weeks until then they couldn’t tell me anything else!!! Please let me know if and when you recieve your check! Thank you!

Anonymous

If your return has done been sent to your bank from SBBT.. you can’t change your account info…. UUGHH! I am currently waiting on a check from SBBT… Today is day 5, hopefully, fingers crosses, lots of prayers, it will come today!!!
                                                  @ Samantha….. GIRL I have been kicking myself since 1/29… when I could of gotten my refund!! ERR…. SMH….. FML!
                                                  Good luck to you all… please let me know when you get a check in the mail! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

MeMe@GA

The same thing happened to me today. I called they said 30 more days blah blah blah… well I googled it cuz that’s what I do in all situations lol… well I found a post on turbo tax saying if u are getting fees taken out of your refund and tour refund hasn’t been sent to SBTPG yet u can go change your account info. Well I did and it worked! I just signed in on the DESKTOP site (won’t work on mobile) and to the left you click where it says change account info. You’ll accept the agreement which says u messed up on ur account numbers and ull be responsible if something happens blah blah blah… then u just answer a few identity verification questions and change your numbers. I hope this will be able to help you guys!

samantha

Unfortunately I am in the same stressful situation. I was supposed to have a DDD of the 4th. It never showed up and I realized I left on 1 number for account info. Make sure you call your bank and give them your info and tell them to release the funds. Irs won’t cut your check until they get the money back. My bank said they rejected it on the 5th. I also got a time frame of 4-6 weeks (which is crazy) so I’m right there with yah… got tons of bills to pay and patiently waiting. I swear I could kick myself.

Viewing 22 reply threads
                                                  • The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.