Anyone else?

Home Forums General Discussion 2015 Tax Season Anyone else?

• This topic has 49 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rob.
  • Topic Starter
    KingJay

Get accepted today

Viewing 48 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        rob

So i got the whole still processing thing showimg w no wmr bars gone still shows topic 152 my filing status plus my ammount. I also got the identity letter in. The mail to call or go to web site which i coukdnt acesss but i finally got through tuesday with irs verified my identity and was told i woukd receive. My refund in a week so tuesday coming up will be a week. Fingers crossed and praying . please pray for me

Kelly

I lost my bars but I do not have a code any ideas

Ashlei

My return was rejected as someone filed using my social. I had to fill out an identity theft affidavit and print my return and mail both in with copies of my social, I also for precaution photocopied my drivers license, birth cert and my sons social and birth certificate. Who has had this happen to them? How quickly were you issued your refund?

Dee

I filed with TT on 1/8 accepted 1/12 and TT says i’m accepted no bars just tax topic 152 message so I tried to order transcripts and this message pops up We cannot process your transcript request. Please contact the Identity Protection Specialized Unit (IPSU) at 800-908-4490.

Ok State says this Your return has been processed; however, your refund has not been approved.

Someone please help Should I be worried?

Thank you in advance

Melissa

@ Katie, call the IRS. See what they say. This is the safest solution.

jessica

I have no bars after I had one yesterday… but I have no codes and my expected refund amount is still there? Help please

Anonymous

Someone also said they aren’t updating transcripts like last year as fast due to budget cuts

Anonymous

Call the IRS. I’ve heard from many sources today that things will update tonight whether you lost a bar or not but call and ask for supervisor. That’s what others were doing. They should be able to tell you. Been there saying a few prayers for you

DEBBIE MEYER

Now also I cannot order 2014 transcript yet even though it has been accepted since 1/12 and now bar as well as amount is missing from WMR, REALLY DESPERATELY NEED my refund to avoid eviction and utility cut off due to job loss, please HELP!!!!!

DEBBIE MEYER

Your tax return is still being processed.
                            A refund date will be provided when available.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
                            • Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
                            REFUND AMT. ALSO MISSING

FILED WITH TT ON 1/8 AND WAS ACCEPTED ON 1/12 AND HAD 1 Bar and refund amount, a few days later they both disappeared and are still gone…please help…facing eviction if it doesn’t come by 2/5

Anonymous

Get TranscriptWe cannot process your transcript request. Please contact the Identity Protection Specialized Unit (IPSU) at 800-908-4490

Had anyone got this when trying to order transcripts?

Gail

Filed tonight at 8 pm and got a text saying it was accepted at 10 pm, and I have one bar on WMR.

Anonymous

Posting this on this thread too, hope no one minds. I apologize if I anger anyone just trying to get help…

I can not post a new thread for some reason and have a question. My return was rejected 6 times today (yes, 6) It is due to no error of mine however, I filed through TaxAct. I have never used anyone else and never had a problem until this year, I have 2 W2’s from separate employer. When I submit my e-file I would get a notification (usually within mins after the intial one) that said my return was rejected due to EIN and employer name not matching, okay fine. Go in to fix it and find out it is from a 3rd W2. No employer name or address or EIN or amount, nothing on it because, well, it does not exist and I do not have it. Just says W2-My Name-0.00 So, I delete it. Resubmit taxes and BAM! there it is again. WTH?! I contact TaxAct, they lead me through steps, try some different thing, rejected, rejected, rejected. Last thing they tell me to do is to download a new browser and try that so I did and now it is pending…If it is rejected again for this reason what do I do? Call the IRS? Could this be their system? Or could it only be TaxAct and do I just need to file through someone else? It’s driving me insane! Help!

NickDuDe847
                                    @nickdude847

@Danielle I got that message today too about transcripts

Rtbartonie

Code 152 is great it just goes over your options for getting your refund!!!

Bruce Jaraczewski

I filed with TurboTax January 13 today is the 20th still says pending greeter!!

Kristi h

Am I making it up or in years past, do I remember tax topic 152 being a good thing? If memory serves, when tax topic 152 shows up, it means the processing is almost complete, and on the next update you may receive a direct deposit date. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but that’s how I remember it.

D

Ok after reading a lot of posts. I’m glad to see im not the only one with missing bars. But when the web site where my refund works. My info was there. Just the bars missing. From what I understand a lot of people lost both I would why. Guess the mystery will be solved ties are weds

Stephanie H.

If processing doesn’t begin until Tues we won’t see any updates for awhile, will we? My bars disappeared also and refund amt is gone but the site is unavailable right now…do you think they are processing early accepters early this year?

steven

Got accepted on the 16th and it shows in WMR, this is the first time I have been accepted early so im hoping this goes better than last year. I had to end up suing the irs last year just to get my refund.

Danielle

Filed 1/7, accepted 1/13 and today on 1/16 my bar disappeared but still says topic 152 (direct deposit). I also cannot get my transcripts, getting a scary error msg when I try to login to the online system. “We cannot process your transcript request. Please contact the Identity Protection Specialized Unit (IPSU) at 800-908-4490. ” I am seeing a few others with this msg tonight too, not sure if we should freak out or not. My return is very straight forward and usual, same kids, same job, same address etc.

Will

Yea Im a little concerned here. Went from one bar at the top with the status accepted, and refund amount on the left hand side on the WMR website to the following day: Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available. With no refund amount on the left side (it wasnt 0, it just wasnt there) and no bars at all up top. This makes me a little concerned.

Anonymous

Not matter I meant

Anonymous

I had the one bar with topic 152 and today no bars with topic 152 but being processed and will have a date or something, I don’t remember exact words then topic 152. I don’t know why some lost bars and some haven’t yet or if they will or won’t but it seemed to have happened last year too from what answers I have received so might matter

Kmiller23

Thanks! I remember seeing it last year and shortly after had a ddd! Was just curious on how some had the topic 152 w/o any bars. :)

NYCteachermom

Information on tax topic 152

Kimberly RuizTurboTax

February 9, 2014 at 7:55pm · Harrisburg, PA · 

Usually when you receive the topic 152 message you will receive your tax refund within the next 10-14 days. Topic 152 is a code that the IRS uses to tell the status of each group of refunds. 151 says you are under an audit. 160 says that your refund has been deposited. 161 says your refund has been mailed out to the recipient. 171 means that the IRS is still processing your refund. The code number 149 is the one you do not want to see. 149 means that your refund has been rejected. And last but not least, THE ONLY NUMBER THAT A PERSON DOES NOT WANT TO EVER SEE IS ” TOPIC 148 “. Topic 148 means that the individual or individuals filing there taxes with the IRS are under a fraud alert and are being subjected to an audit followed by a Identity Fraud, Tax Fraud,and Attempted Larsony of the Government of the United States and is punishable up to 25 years in prison.

Comment

10 people like this.

Write a comment…

Anonymous

We filed through Turbo Tax on 1/9; Federal was accepted 1/12 & KS 1/13. On 1/14 we had one bar at WMR. Today 1/15 we have one bar and tax topic 152 at the bottom and it also states refund is still being procesed. Just a little impatient this year :) I’ve noticed many with the tax topic 152 but there bar is gone.

aggravated

tt on 1/8 still not accepted

crystal

@Vero89 it doesnt look like alot of turbotaxers are getting submitted, mine also still says pending from 1/12 :(

Vero89

I filed 1/12 it says pending still on my turbo tax anyone else still pending from that date?

Cindell

I filed on 1/8 got accepted on 1/12. Now my status bar has disappeared and says that it is processing and form 152 does anyone know what is going on

crystal

filed with tt on 1/13 anyone got accepted yet from tt on that day?

• #4092692
                                                                        happyhappyhappy
                                                                          @happyhappyhappy

filed 1/14 with TaxAct, Accepted 1/14 within minutes of filing, received confirmation email from TaxAct within the hour of filing, WMR ticker bar at position 1 “processing”
                                                                          EIC, Ed creds, self employed. Hoping for the best :)

• #4092679
                                                                          Anonymous

Filed last night through TaxACT. Accepted this morning.

• #4092678
                                                                            aprilleann

I filed o 1/8 accepted on 1/14, WMR is showing accepted so hoping I’m not recycled back ito the system like last year, an early refund would be greatly appreciated. Filed with FreeTaxUSA

• #4092677
                                                                              Anonymous

Anyone showing approved yet? When do we expect to start seeing those?

• #4092675
                                                                                Anonymous

Test

• #4092674
                                                                                  Peyton still sux

Filed 1/14, accepted within an hour

• #4092673
                                                                                    Michael

Filed on 1/11. Was excepted on 1/12. I really hope this year goes smoother than last year. I don’t want to have to wait another 5 months to get my refund.

• #4092668
                                                                                      Misti

I filed 1/13/15 about 6:15am. I got my TT email saying it was sent successfully. Around 8am I got another email saying that my return was accepted by the IRS with the standard 21 days chatter. Later in the afternoon for grins and giggles I checked the WRM tool on the IRS site and it said it was accepted and being processed. I took it one step further and went to the SBBT website, entered my info and there was my account. So far so good. Now just sit back pray the rest goes as smoothly.

• #4092650
                                                                                        titlalways

Same here… Filled TT on 1/12, accepted 1/13…I got the quick acceptance I was praying for …Now lets pray the rest of the process runs as smoothly ;-)

• #4092649
                                                                                          indomani

I filed with Tax Brain on the 7th. It came back yesterday as rejected because of errors in their software. I refiled immediately with TurboTax and it came back as excepted. We have used Tax Brain every year for 8 years. Liberty Tax Service took it over this year and now there are problems. I will use Turbo tax from now on.

• #4092647
                                                                                            wesn

I just got accepted , filed 1/12 accepted 1/13 TT

• #4092646
                                                                                              Anonymous

Filed 1/7 accepted today 1/13, Freetax USA

• #4092645
                                                                                                melissa

Filed January 8, Turbo Tax. Accepted January 12th

• #4092642
                                                                                                  jake

I filed the 10th, got an acceptance notice yesterday the 12th. Hoping for a quick approved/refund!

• #4092638
                                                                                                    titlalways

nice,when did you file with TT? Just submitted mine today..praying for a quick acceptance

• #4092635
                                                                                                      Melissa

Accepted today and it says when I log into turbo tax that I should have my refund by feb 2

• #4092631
                                                                                                        jater

I got accepted today w/ generic email from turbotax telling me the IRS would not be issuing refunds until Jan 20th.

Viewing 48 reply threads
                                                                                                      • The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.