Any updates for those with student loan offset?

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Any updates for those with student loan offset?

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Cece.
  • Topic Starter
    LolaR

Just curious who all filed injured spouse, who didn’t and where y’all are in the refund process.

We filed injured spouse before they announced they weren’t doing offsets this year :( We also got an id Verify today so we are looking at 20 weeks of waiting as opposed to 11😩

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Cece

My return was approved today DDD 3/21. I owe student loans and they’re taking it. The full return!

LolaR

Everyone doing ok? I know we’re all still waiting at this point, really hoping y’all get some kind of update this weekend!!

Ours haven’t even began processing yet. Still no updates to our transcripts.

K.G

Blackminded4real. Just hoping for a DDD !🙏Goodluck… I’ve seen a lot of Still being processed and not many Is Being processed at this length of journey…. so hopefully this week!

Blackminded4real

@K.G yes sir!!!! Don’t stay still. Always on the hunt for more information. I filed 1/23, was rejected 2/10, due to an error on my AGI. Accepted 2/11. All bars are gone since the end of February. I’m just giving it to God at this point. I will continue to seek information, only now, I will try to not be upset about it. A speedy refund to us all!!!!!!

K.G

@Blackminded……u seem to have good input, I filed 2/12 accepted 2/13…. 1 bar TT152 is being processed til Saturday.. then no bar no TT and went to is STILL being processed… Now, Sunday and this morning, no bar no TT it went back to saying It is Being processed… Good news I believe with not saying STILL… all info on right is correct and there…🙏

Blackminded4real

If you have offsets with Dept of Ed, you are fine. It clearly states they suspending that until September of this year. I will provide links for those aren’t believers

RocketGirl

I called the offset line and it says my refund was offset from dept of edu. It was the exact amount they refunded last year becuz of Covid. I’m pretty sure they will mail the amount back like they did last year. I will keep you guys updated.

*the offset line gave date 3/18 which I’m guessing is deposit date.

LolaR

I was so mad when I read they were not doing offsets. I’m really curious if there will be an issue between the irs and BFS and refunds end up taken. Part of me wants to call the irs and see if they can disregard the Injured spouse form. Idk if they can do that tho.

HRB SUCKS

Last year our refund was taken and my husband filed injured spouse received our refund in April. This year we did not file injured spouse hoping it just go through since student loan offsets are not being garnished

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.