Join Live Discussion

🔥 Updates: Advance Child Tax Credit Tools to Update and Unenroll

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season 🔥 Updates: Advance Child Tax Credit Tools to Update and Unenroll

• This topic has 95 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Fed tf up wit the IRS.
Viewing 21 replies - 76 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Heather
    @hlh0285

Anyone else having trouble?? Everytime I log into the advance child tax credit portal to check my payment status and try to add/update my info, it gives me the message “Welcome Taxpayer” instead of having my name at the top, and then below it I have the message “ Advance Child Tax Credit Payments Is Unavailable at This Time.
    We’re unable to retrieve your information due to a service error. Check back later.” I have checked over and over again for two weeks!

CourTahKnee

mine states I am eligible & sent by mail rather than the direct deposit I had set up

Ccardoso54

Mine still says “Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time” I have had an amended return pending since 04/04 with no update. Tried doing the TAS for hardship but was on hold for 2 hours over the phone.

KeKe
    @mommy_3

Why unenroll???

Alayna
    @drifter

Does anyone know how the IRS will handle accounts for the monthly payments where fees were taking out of our refund? Santa Barbara and TurboTax to be exact,

Did you read at all before you posted… Ugh. Check the portal to what it says there is a very high likely hood it will be mailed to the address on file until you update your direct deposit. assuming they don’t want to repeat the last issues. This has been the case of multiple people here that checked.

Aliceinworryland

My status also stays “pending, you will not receive payments at this time.”” Definitely eligible… have not yet received 2020 refund. Not getting these payments will hurt us financially even more. Seems like those already waiting on refunds will also have to wait for this.

Kay

Mine says it’s “pending” and “you will not receive advance payments at this time blah blah blah…” I filed IS electronically with my tax return in mid-February and it’s still being processed. I even received a letter in the mail from the IRS a month or so ago and it said that I was eligible for the advance CTC. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Amy

Yes, mine says “Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time” as well. I meet all requirements and my 2020 return has been processed.

FabFamMama
    @fabfammama

Good thing I checked the website. Apparently ctc payment was going to be or supposed to be automatically sent direct deposit to the same account used for stimulus and refund….well that is not the case. Website shows no direct deposit on file. Being mailed a check. Of course I changed to direct deposit. But I was like wth. They said we didn’t have to do anything if info on file. Craziness

Ashley

Has anyone spoken to a person at the IRS about why their CTC account says eligible but pending and wit receive payments at this time?

Alayna
    @drifter

Went to check the portal just to make sure it was all correct given issues with the 2nd stimulus. And sure enough they had it marked as being MAILED to address in file even though we have used direct deposit for every other time. I’m so fucking fed up with this incompetent government bullshit. We were told if we filed our taxes we didn’t have to do anything unless we want to opt out. Well now the check will be sent by mail. So we’ll probably never see it.

MSRazorbackPhD
    @msrazorckbackphd

FYI-I looked up the info for our CTC payments, and it was being mailed. And yes our refund and stimulus was DD, but 3rd party. I had to update the info, and says Aug payment will be DD!

IF 3rd party…CHECK, because you may get a paper check instead!

Angela

Mine also says Pending but am definitely eligible. Is it possible amended returns still sitting in the hopper are the reason?

Chevonne
    @vonnie0218

Mines is saying the same thing and I know I am definitely eligible
    Eligible — Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time
    anyone else saying this

Hazel
    @hazel

Advance CTC currently shows
    Eligible — Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time.

is this same with you guys?

Kimzie
    @kimzie

So any ideas of when the early cards will get the deposits. My lovely ex suddenly wants to see our daughter she is 15 and he has never wanted to see her before. All this will being towards courts n lawyers.

Razer

Does anyone know how the IRS will handle accounts for the monthly payments where fees were taking out of our refund? Santa Barbara and TurboTax to be exact,

Sara

With the update tool, can you add/remove children? My husband claimed his daughter last year, but it is her moms year to claim her this next one. I want to remove her, but keep my kids on there.

Admin
    IGMR Admin
    @kimikazemod

@Jc: No ETA yet

Jc

When will the update tool be available??

Admin
    IGMR Admin
    @igmr-admin

Post all your questions and updates here!

Viewing 21 replies - 76 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.