Acceptance & Rejected

Home Forums General Discussion 2015 Tax Season Acceptance & Rejected

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tiff.
  • Topic Starter
    Aspis
      @aspis

Has anyone here ever been.accepted by the IRS, then rejected? Why does this happen?

Every year I am so antsy in the waiting period from acceptance to approval, so I am curious as to what the acceptance to approval/rejection process entails.

If anyone out there knows about the process and reasons for rejection, or has experienced it first hand, please share with us! :-)

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Tiff

I think she answered your question, but is asking a question

January 20, 2015 at 3:38 pm

jess1241
          Participant
          Accepted by the IRS means they have received and are reviewing your return. During this time they can reject or approve. The confusion here may be terminology. Do you mean can the IRS “approve” your return and then reject? If you mean can the reject after accepted – yes they can.

Aspis
            @aspis

I have never been rejected, I was just wondering if after being Accepted, you could still be rejected.

@Jess1241 yes, that is what I meant, if being accepted then rejected was possible. :-)

@Kristi & @sharee thanks for sharing, I appreciate it, sorry about that experience though, Im sure it was stressfull.

Sharee

I WAS REJECTED LAST YEAR. THE IRS HAD MY DATE OF BIRTH INCORRECT. THEY SENT ME THE EMAIL THROUGH TT AND I FIXED IT THE SAME DAY AND WAS APPROVED AGAIN THE NEXT DAY.

Anonymous

Accepted by the IRS means they have received and are reviewing your return. During this time they can reject or approve. The confusion here may be terminology. Do you mean can the IRS “approve” your return and then reject? If you mean can the reject after accepted – yes they can.

Anonymous

I’ve not heard of an actual IRS acceptance, then rejection. Are you sure it wasn’t your tax software saying you were accepted, then getting a rejection? If so, that’s a glitch on their end.

I was rejected last year, because my daughter filed that no one could claim her when we actually could…she moved out on December 21, her 18th birthday, and when we filed, it said a dependent’s SSN had been used already. Found out she did that deliberately because she didn’t find it fair that we “made money off her”…God, self righteous kids…

Anyway, it was a straight rejection. Pending through preparer straight to reject.

Tell us a little more…what the steps were and who said what, maybe then we can help better.

Aspis
                    @aspis

Anyone…..Buellar….Buellar……lol

I really haven’t found an answer yet, not a straight one anyway. Can anyone out there please explain the process & reasoning behind being accepted or rejected?

Or if anyone has a personal experience with being accepted first & then rejected, please help shed some light here?

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.