570/971 Under Review Updates

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season 570/971 Under Review Updates

• This topic has 27 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Yvette.
  • Topic Starter
    JoJo

I figured it would be a good idea to have a thread for everyone under review to be able to update with DDD when they get one.

Filed: 1/28
      Accepted: 1/29
      Path update 2/15
      Processing Date: 3/2
      2/15 transcript updated to:
      570- 3/2
      971- 3/9

Call IRS on 2/21 said letter was sent out on 2/20 and should receive it in a week or so. said it was random. I will note that my process date is still 3/2 that hasn’t changed like some peoples.

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Yvette

F: February 19th
          Idv: March 18th
          After 60days of waiting
          They told me that I’m under review (started May 30th)
          I can’t believe this
          I don’t understand why they doing this with people money ..I don’t get .its unbelievable

Yvette

F: February 19th
            Idv: March 18th
            After 60days of waiting
            They told me that I’m under review (started May 30th)
            I can’t believe this
            I don’t understand why they doing this with people money ..I don’t get .its unbelievable

Stephanie D
              @steph89

Well I was assigned a tax advocate today and was told a CP05 notice will be issued 3/16/2020. So I am under review for income verification and there is nothing further I can do. I was on hold for 5 hours today to get that much information. I am livid. Filed and accepted 2/1/2020, 570 code 2/21, 971 code 2/28. Placed under review 4 WEEKS before they can send a freaking letter letting me know. Nothing about this is legal

focused

oh okay mines stuck

JoJo

oh gotcha. Mine is 3/9

focused

no thats no it..its the other date on there beside account balance.. @jojo

JoJo

my “as of” date is today because thats when I accessed them last…. or at least thats how I understood it

focused

What are yall transcripts as of dates at the top?? Mine been stuck on 2-17 for weeks

JB

it wouldnt let me post this all for some reason , but what i meant to add was Im gettin an advocate

JB

I called today i dk what code they wont fax transcripts only mail they wont help get online access irs reps are completely useless.

JoJo

Friday we will be able to see an update to our transcripts I’m seeing so many with this issue. If you have insurance through Marketplace and didn’t file a 1095-A that could be the hold up. If you are like me and have private insurance you didn’t have to file anything extra….

I did see on another forum that someone was under review has already been released with a DDD of 3/2. So let’s hope for that outcome!!!!

Beastmode

I also called this morning, but I’m not able to see my transcripts. They also said I was under review and I got the same spill as most of you guys. That the process would take 45 days from 3/9. I also think it’s a bunch of BS! Do you guys know when the next refund date will be?

Stephanie D
                                  @steph89

I totally agree. I called this morning after seeing 570 code. I was told I was “randomly selected” for review, that there has not been a letter issued, nothing is wrong with my return, and it will take 45 days from 3/9 to process the review. I filed 2/1 and was accepted 2/1 with the ATC. I think is a major stalling tactic on the IRS’ part and that we’re not actually under review

annoyed

It’s just really ANNOYING. You call them and you get nothing. You can do nothing. I encourage everyone that is willing to invest time, and has a hardship to get a Tax Advocate. They will help out. I had to get one last year. I have not started that process at all this year, I’m really putting it off, it’s exhausting.

Heythere
                                      @heythere

I won’t even bother calling again. I see people calling multiple times getting a different answer every time they call. I think they have a script of a few different things to say just to get people off the phone. It seems highly unlikely to me that all of these people are all being pulled for review. I’m holding out hope that most of us will see a weekend update with DDD.

Jenn6701

Called today and said it was under review with process date of 3/9. Man also stated a letter would be sent out and it’s 60 days from 3/9. Then proceeded to tell me a date in May to call.
                                        He said nothing was wrong on my end and that my wages weren’t uploaded into their system yet.
                                        I’m thinking it’s a generic message they were instructed to give because why would I get a letter 2 weeks from today or why would you send it on March 9th and not today when I called.

Dmay

Yeah have the same codes/dates. Called and they said they’re sending a letter on the 9th of March. The reason was because or certain credits I claimed, and that nothing was “wrong” but just have to wait. Nothing different from any other year.

Heythere
                                            @heythere

I forgot to mention that my refund amount shows on WMR as well as HOH and it also shows when I log into my IRS account to view transcripts. Three of the four transcripts are complete, only the wage isn’t. To me, that seems like my refund has been completely processed because before my IRS account was showing last year’s info and WMR only had HOH with no amount.

Sumrae
                                              @sumrae

I think we’ve all gotten lucky in the past…from what I read doing research IRS does a random selection for review every year…almost seems like getting selected for jury duty…you look at past forums and sure enough same issue just seems more extensive this year…been filing the same way for years too…first time for review…I’m checking my refund for mistakes all day lady on the phone said if they find anything during the review it will take longer.

Heythere
                                                @heythere

I don’t understand how so many people could be under review all at the same time. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we see an update this weekend with DDD.

annoyed

I don’t have codes 570 and 971, but I’m sure I’m in the same boat.

Heythere
                                                    @heythere

All of the same info here. Called on 2/21 and all they would tell me was they are sending a letter the first week of March. I really hope I don’t have to wait two more weeks just for them to send the letter. Not sure what could be wrong, I have filed the same way for at least the last 10 years with the same two children. I know i have never seen the 570 code until this year and it seems like a lot (too many) people are getting it. Very frustrating this year.

annoyed

Accepted 1/28
                                                      Path 2/1
                                                      Processing 2/16
                                                      Stuck on processing since 2/16

Codes on transcripts: 150, 766, 768

No letter as of yet, also have not found the patience to call yet.

JoJo

I’ve already received my state as well. I’m hoping this review doesn’t show any mistakes and we get put right back in the cycle. My processing date last year was 3/15 and I received a DDD of 2/27 so I’m hoping thats an extended time frame the IRS gives themselves.

Sumrae
                                                          @sumrae

** correction refund is 3K less this year

Sumrae
                                                            @sumrae

Filed: 1/24
                                                            Accepted: 1/27
                                                            Updated to PATH: 2/15
                                                            Updated to “being processed” 2/16 never go the “still being processed” assume they both mean the same thing.
                                                            Can’t access my transcripts yet.
                                                            IRS said my processing date is 3/9 and it could take 45 days after for any updates to call back by April 24th if I haven’t heard anything.
                                                            No major changes…refund is 5K less this year, state was deposited in my account on the 12th.

lcolson

@JoJo yeah we need our own thread now since it is so many of us.

Filed and accepted 1/27/20
                                                              Path 1 week after
                                                              Still processing: 2/15/20
                                                              Transcripts: Cannot access due to not having required info
                                                              Called IRS: 2/24/20 said letter sent on 2/20/20

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                          • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.