45 day review!?!?!

• Creator
    Topic
    Waiting, broke and discouraged

Okay so I have the basic single mom type return w-2 employment, 3 dependants, same address as last year and same dependants as prior 11 years filed off w2 not last pay stub why would I be under review and honestly how quick are they to review it and update I have a 570 code since last night but not any notice code so they say there isn’t anything I can do but wait
    Processing 3/11/19
    Filed 2/1
    Never seen path
    Updated wmr last night to no bars and date will be given called today recieved transcripts showing 570 code

Anyone who was in this boat n seen it go smoothly or experiences would help

• The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Viewing 36 replies - 151 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Trina

Man this is BS. I just got a cp 05 letter saying in under review for 45 days AGAIN. The same exact review happened to me last year. The review lasted 5 months and then they released it to the audit department and that crap took 4 more months and when I did get my refund it was reduced to a few hundred dollars. I could seriously scream.

So I’m not let down again this year I’m going to expect a refund of $20 and to receive it in a YEAR!

Blocked

Redacted
    @removed

I got a CP63 letter. I’ll be waiting 6-12 weeks on a prior tax year. . I’m not even sure whether they processed my 2018 and are just holding it or what?!!? I owed from 2014. They will offset my 2018 I’m sure.

Dee

@tina

no they didn’t say anything like that just for me to basically stop calling lol

Tina

@ Dee: you said you called right , so did they said they have to do it manually for you? ( Your return) someone says they have a system were they can get our employer info from them…that’s why on the letter it states to take no action

Tina

@ Dede: oh I understand the fustration because I have felt ever emotions there is to feel about this situation. Looking on the bright side of this situation people have been saying two weeks from the start of the review date..for us I am guessing the end of the month..who knows it could come sooner on. Keep me updated with yours

Edgar
    @gyella

I got the 60day letter on Saturday. Fuk man. Guess my kids won’t be coming to visit this summer. Thanks IRS. Smh. What a complete crock of shit.

Dee

@tina

it’s frustrating though…I was on the line waiting 2hrs after that call for an advocate and it rerouted back to irs…the women basically told me off because she’s saying I keep calling ummm because I need answers duh she also said by calling it wont make it come quicker smh so rude and nasty but it’s cool I just don’t get certain things and new to speak to someone..i’m praying it doesn’t take the whole 45 days :( I want to cry seriously…who are they to say my hardship isn’t good enough

Shaun

2/6 filed

2/23 lost bar

3/16 called said im under review for 45 days starting 3/25 .. 1 w-2 , 3 kids , nothing complicated easy return… Ive still got HOH and refund amount still on the left side.. 152 code still on bottom.. Wtf is going on ?? Review for what? Why? This is real stupid. I work full time but my job pays late i just received my check last week from January, in February i never received a check as of today im owed 3 full checks . im just sick if this year being a complete disaster should have know counting on my tax return to help me through this bad time would help but noooooooo.. Wtf come on..

Dee

@tina i’m just sooo frustrated

Tina

@ Dee: I am DD as well..I am going threw this exact same thang..they told me I wasn’t able to get an advocate either…so you are saying they will contact the employer on our behalf such a relief..I have been looking for answers to this all night..I also started my review on March 18…so that’s a fresh breath of air I tell you…

Dee

I called the irs this morning because yesterday started my 45 day review…they’re now waiting for my employers to respond with employment/wage verification…I can’t get a TA because i’m not “going through a real hardship” so being a single mom currently struggling is easy?

Edgar
    @gyella

It appears they’re buying time w/ our money. For whatever reason, Anyone who filed the 1st 2 weeks in Feb have been delayed. Look through these forums and pretty much everyone still waiting is from those 2 weeks.

I have heard a lot of different excuses. New software, the gov’t shutdown, new fraud detection but 0 of any of that has ever been officially recognized as the reason.

My only hope is that I have now started to see folks w/ my same trans code and processing date getting their refunds or at least a DDD.

I’ve written off this year for the most part. Filed EXEMPT on this year’s taxes so I get all my money up front, in my paychecks. I AM NOT going through this again next year and if you think the IRS will go back to making things easier I’m sorry you’re so naive.

Good luck to all of you. I hope we all get our returns before next year comes around.

Tennessee Gal

Accepted 1/28
    Review started 3/4
    It’s been 2 weeks and I still don’t have have a ddd.

Blain

Filed/accepted 2/3

Bars gone 2/23

Waited til today and got cp05 review letter.. never called t/a or IRS..

Letter states review starts today 3/18 and states should have refund by 5/2…

Just checked bank account and received state today lol

Cynthia

How is that everyone’s reviews are on the same day and all the info the IRS is giving is exactly the same. I also got a review date starting 3/11 then another agent said 3/18 then back to 3/11. Our letter was supposed to have been sent out on 3/2 but we haven’t received anything. We are falling behind on all our bills because they want to play games. I check the app everyday hoping for a miracle but things are not looking good.

Cindy

Filed 2/4
    Bars disappeared 2/23
    Transcript code 570

Called two weeks ago stated under 45 days review. Called again today and they stated that review didn’t start till March 11th and should count 45 days from that date. Also received letter in the mail today stating the same thing with a starting date of 03/11. Now just have to wait and be hopeful to get a DDD ASAP.

Edgar
    @gyella

Must be nice @Crazy Lady

Crazy Lady

I was told I was under review starting 3/11 with a letter supposed to be sent 3/18.. woke up this morning and checked my transcript it said refund issued 3/20

Dylan

Filed 2/2

Accepted 2/3

45 day review started 3/11, apparently.

Even though I was told about it when I called 2/26.

Guess I’ll impatiently waiting until the end of April.

Spookyrides

I can honesty tell all, from Prior experience last year, if there behind, and it sounds like the IRS is, your 45 day review Can and might turn into Another 45 day review. Commonplace amoung those under review. Once you get past that additional 45 day review, GET An Advocate!!! They will continue to jerk you around for months!

Jocelin
    @jruv

@etta jones
    I called last week was told my “further review” will start on 03/11 my husband called today and he was told our “further review” starts on 03/18. So I completely agree with you, they have no clue as to what is going on.

Edgar
    @gyella

@Etta – Aye.. my 45, if there really is such a thing, supposedly starts today. I’ve just been sitting on my thumbs since 2/5. I called a Tax Advocate and he told me to give them 14 days past the 11th to get it done. Absolutely no help at all. I’m just sitting here waiting… and waiting.. and waiting.. I haven’t seen anything new on transcripts or WMR since I lost all my bars on 2/23 and I check both every day. Absolutely disgusted.

Etta Jones

Can someone tell me if there’s another update tonight …also is processing the same as review day?

Etta Jones

@ Edgar….we are identical to this tax situation… I filed on 2/4 and accepted…bars went away in the 23.. I called and got the same review on the eleventh…as in today status still the same….. I am pass pissed…Lord has to be on my side..also I called back and lady told me my review doesn’t start until March 18… someone is lieing….the IRS should be a shame of them selves…also I found out not all early filers got flagged.. I believe I wasn’t so lucky…

Pratfall

I didn’t give in and call until yesterday. Filed HOH 1/31. Yesterday was told my review seemed to have started February 4th, and my 45 days looked to be up March 20th. I know she is incorrect because they didn’t begin any reviews that early. I received a letter today confirming the review. I am just going to be very late paying my electric bill this month because apparently having no money for food is not a hardship for an advocate. It is ok, though. I also got her to say on the phone call March 20th sooooo I will eligible then for advocate for them not meeting their own date.

AJ Holley

I am on the 45 day review as well. I found out 3/1/19 after calling. How exactly do you get a Tax Advocate and can just anybody get one that has the 45 day review?

Edgar

Yes it is, Lindsay. We’re all in the same boat. A shitty slow boat and it sucks.

Lindsay

I just called today they said I’m under review also I filed 27th of January accepted 28th Jan got the take action notice feb 16th and I called Monday 25th and all they said was wait till 27th so I got nothing called today now they tell me I’m on 45 day review starting Monday that just passed wtf this ain’t right …now I gotta wait 2 months before I see something this is ridiculous

Edgar

Same issue. F/A 2/5. Bars disappeared on 2/23 so I called yesterday since it was 21 days and got the same generic message. My 45 days will start 3/11. I’m so depressed right now. I needed that money. Never had any issues w/ my taxes until this year. B.S.

Danielle

Hoh
    Child credits
    When I called them today I asked them about last year he told me identity theft. But it was lifted this year

Danielle

Basic return

@danielle
    Did u have the basic return or other credits I filed

Single hoh
    2 credits actc/Eitc
    4 w2 (one long term job1 from previous employer who had owed me due to time clocks and 2 from quick two week part time employers)
    And 3 same dependants as prior 11 years
    Address changed 2017 which is one I used last year in return also no problem then

Danielle

I got pulled for review last year. Get a tax advocate now I didnt get mine back till April. And that was only with tax advocate help

When I called the lady was super nice but very general said looks like it was pulled for review nothing you did or didn’t do they are just looking closer this year I should see movement around March 11

Hmmmm

I also filed the same day. Wmr bar disappeared last night too

Hmmmm

So I have seen alot of us in that cycle have a 570. I’m wondering if we are just being held because they are behind? When I called the irs they said to call back after the 27th if there were no changes.

Viewing 36 replies - 151 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.