2/9 Outtage may push (SOME) refunds past 21 days.

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season 2/9 Outtage may push (SOME) refunds past 21 days.

• This topic has 34 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Topic Starter
    The Masked IRS Agent

Folks, regrettably a secondary failure has occurred and those expecting a DDD of 2/10 will likely be pushed back outside of 21 days. The more calls and burden our system receives on the WMR tool and to the phone bank will only serve to slow down business. If you are still within 21 days please stop calling and using the tool. There will be NO deposits for at least 3-4 days so if you had your fees deducted from your refund the earliest next deposit for you would be 5-6 days from now. Some folks may experience service outside of 21 days at this point the number is unknown. I repeat , there will be NO new deposits made for at least 3-4 days.

Viewing 33 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Anonymous

Great Observation ….lol but one problem….2/10 is 22 days lol so you are correct!….LOL fuckin trolls.

Anonymous

Hi everyone! I just wanted to put out there that I just called and talked to an IRS person and she claimed that there was NOT an outage as of today. Also, she said there was an outage (the outage everyone already knows about) a few days ago, but it should not affect anyone waiting for the deposit to hit the bank.

Also, if you have a choice, I wouldn’t call before your 21 days is up. The IRS rep was honestly pretty rude about everything haha. But I digress! I hope this puts some minds at ease. :)

Kristy

@Anna

Yes, the irs agents that actually handle our returns. I think the people we talk to when we call are just customer service reps working from a call center somewhere.

I have worked in call centers before . You get trained for a week or maybe two. Take a test to see if you know how the computer system works and if you can find answers in your book.

Then you start taking call after call. I doubt they even are in the same building as our returns. All they can do is follow the script given and provide limited information. They have no real power over getting us our money at all.

The Masked IRS Agent

I am just a transgender boy trying to figure things out. I post online trying to upset people to make me feel better about myself.

Kristy

People with 2/10 ddd have already been paid or are at least seeing pending deposits. Now I haven’t seen any 2/11 dd payments yet, but that is 2 days from now. You can probably do some checking to see if your money is on its way. Many people call the treasury to see if money has been released yet.

So did this temp irs agent decide to post this message on their break from their 10 hour shift??? Thanks for the info buddy, but I think we would all just appreciate it if you would get back to work now.

Joshua
                    @joshua

love how he couldnt keep his facts straight or verify his source

anna

That is what tax people who take a two week crash course to work in Jackson Hewitt or hr block make, so maybe you work in the refund field, probably not you just researched it, but they have nothing to do with actual refunds, you have to be a REAL ACCOUNTANT with a REAL DEGREE to work in the actual IRS so you basically just outted yourself with the wrong google search dummy!

Tyler

I know that Joshua. You think if he really worked for an IRS call center he would have time to sit here and post? Hahahha

Joshua
                          @joshua

@Tyler because The Masked IRS Agent is full of shite

The Masked IRS Agent

Im going to close this window and stop posting here. I’m sorry so many are frustrated.

later guys. good luck.

Tyler

Why hasn’t this info been made actually public?

Wtf

@kmccann

My DDD is 2/11, I filed and was accepted on 2/1. As I said before, this is my first time filing so nothing is really making sense to me. Hopefully you’re right, and I’ll look back in a few days and see that I was stressed out for nothing. I wish these trolls would stop because this isn’t the first time I’ve been told my refund was going to be pushed back. Since I started checking these forums on 2/5, I’ve been more stressed than I would’ve been if I would’ve just waited it out with no info.

The Masked IRS Agent

So sorry folks, If Continuing to Check and Speculate helps ease your concern and allows for hope it was my mistake to interrupt your process.

if it helps we are in Ogden,UT and Kansas City, MO. Pay starts at $14.00 depending on experience.

If anyone wants to verify that.

Joshua
                                    @joshua

@The Masked IRS Agent: hope something outside the ordinary gets approved to speed things up. We are all working 10 hour days and as soon as this season is over we will lose our seasonal job so there isn’t allot of interest in “speeding up” the end of our employment.” Obviously if you do work for them…THAT IS OUR F**KING MONEY YOU ARE SCREWING WITH. If you worked for my company, you’d be out on your *** in a heart beat.

if not…I hope hell has a deep enough hole for you :)

Wvgirl

“Masked IRS Agent”
                                      Eat shit n die!!! Get the F outa here with your dumbass lies!!!

Anonymous

@WTF

You and me both, I have an appointment @ noon tomorrow with a DDD 2/10 to sign for my new pathfinder…. Its also only 10 am CRST…they have all day and night to finish pushing tax refunds out.

Just think about in a couple days how relieved your going to be once its all done ya know.

Tyler

You know how I know you’re full of shit? you said you’re working 10 hour days. I will bet my refund that everyone in the IRS and call center is working at least 12 hour days. Also, saying you’re not going to helpful because you want to keep your job longer? You’re just a troll, nothing more. You can’t back up what you’re saying with any proof.

Wtf

@Lacey

Exactly! These refunds are a huge deal to people like myself are not exactly “well off”. I have a job but how am I supposed to keep it when I won’t be able to repair my vehicle because my money apparently won’t be coming for at least another week.

This is my first time filing and I hope it’s not like this every year. I have had more stress than I can imagine with all this IRS bullshit.

The Masked IRS Agent

Look the same outage that happened at the start of this cycle count happened today. Most people will meet the 21 day quota but some will be 5-6 days out past that. 3-4 days until next payout if you paid fees upfront.

I figured this would happen, sorry.

hope something outside the ordinary gets approved to speed things up. We are all working 10 hour days and as soon as this season is over we will lose our seasonal job so there isn’t allot of interest in “speeding up” the end of our employment.

Lacey

@wtf i’m in exactly the same boat as you. Car is outta commission and I may be unemployed by the time this money comes…which would in turn leave me unable to pay my rent and end up homeless. This is a lot bigger deal to folks who live paycheck to paycheck and don’t have any cushion for these types of events like myself

Anonymous

Don’t bother trying to convince us who you are.

Just go find something else to do.

Wtf

@The Masked IRS Agent “keep checking if I have upset you”?

Didn’t you just tell us there is an outage because apparently people keep checking? If that’s true, why would you just contradict yourself and tell us to keep checking lol.

Joshua
                                                      @joshua

@Masked IRS Agent Well that may be all well and good. But what about 1/19-20 filers whose 21 days end tomorrow and today respectively? Mine ends next week and I have never once in my 9 years of filing my taxes ever seen this amount of crap. But unless you give your source and where this information came from, then that is all it is garbage. If you dont want to risk the person’s job, posting what was said online is just as bad. If you cant verify your sources, just like your elementary school teacher says…then it doesnt exist and is therefore not worth the words on the paper.

TOMMY BAHAMA

MASKED IRS AGENT IS GOING TO ROT IN HELL FOR THIS.

Wtf

@kmccann

I hope you’re right, just got pretty worried because I have a DDD of 2/11 and am desperately needing that money for urgent vehicle repairs so I can keep my job. I know it’s not smart to rely on a tax refund but at this point in my life I have no other choice. Hopefully he’s just a bored mother fucker with no life!

The Masked IRS Agent

Im not here to cause unrest or to argue about your money, I agree with you people. I just hate to see you stress about money that wont be available for at least another week… I wish I could give better news… perhaps you would rather sit and check over and over… Im just trying to help. Sorry for upsetting anyone. MY info is sound. I can’t risk someones job to verify any further. please disregard and keep checking if I have upset you.

TOMMY BAHAMA

fUCK YOU GOD DAMN SON OF A BITCH! GET A LIFE AND GET THE HELL OFF OF HERE.

Anonymous

@WTF

Calm down, there is nothing out there that supports this ass*oles claim. Its someone who is bored and wants to create a rise out of people.

@themaskedirsangent
                                                                Whats wrong your favorite WoW server down and you need something to do other then staring at the 4 walls in moms basement? Have her bring you another bowl of applejacks and leave the grownups alone.

Wtf

Okay, this is honestly stressing me out so bad now. I find this a little hard to believe, honestly, but either way my anxiety is through the roof now. That is money that we deserve, and a lot of us really do need it (including myself).

So, “Masked IRS Agent”, if this post is bullshit, I hope you’re happy that you’ve caused someone a full blown anxiety attack. Please, if someone can find out if this is true or not, let it be known. I’ll be stressing for the rest of the day now.

Joshua
                                                                    @joshua

Masked IRS Agent…can it. Money we are not “due” yet? It’s OUR MONEY, the IRS is screwing around with. I bet if it was the IRS’s money, then it would be hell on earth to get it. And in that regard, the next time I owe the IRS money…they will get it 21 days AFTER they tell me that I owe them it. A lot of people have gone OVER the 21 days and still they keep getting bounced to whatever order the IRS wants and still havent gotten their money.

The Masked IRS Agent

Be Patient and allow the full 21 days to elapse vs. getting all flustered on money you are not due to receive yet.

Wendy

Can you provide a reliable source where you obtained this information? I just did a Google search and did not find any information pertaining to your post.

Thank you.

• #4134971
                                                                        Anonymous

Ok this is bullshit.

First, the people we call work in a call center (temp and seasonal hires), so they have no bearing on how our returns are processed. Second, refunds have already been sent to banks (either personal or tax product banks) for the 2/10 DDD, so saying they will be pushed back isn’t true. And finally, you’re not an IRS agent because you wouldn’t be posting on here and you wouldn’t be making up stories to stir the pot.

• #4134970
                                                                          Joshua
                                                                            @joshua

I give up with idiots on here and the IRS

Viewing 33 reply threads
                                                                        • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.