2023 low tax refund

Home Forums General Discussion 2023 Tax Season 2023 low tax refund

• Topic Starter
    kikij2

Has anyone filed their 2023 tax and refund amount amount was extremely lower then normal filing years?

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Andrew
          @voslik

Last year I received 12k and I know it was because of the “enhanced” credits. This year though I’m only getting 3,9k and nothings changed other than the fact I made 4k less than last year. I doordash and because of tax liability and refundable credits apparently I’m not getting the money I usually get. I have 5 kids and MFJ. I didn’t get the CTC, but I got the ACTC and EITC. I say we got royally screwed this year.

Atheba

It’s because the ctc and eitc credits are back to normal. Or like me you have older children. My oldest is 17 so I only get 500 for him now instead of the 2k I was getting. Also the last few years each kid under 17 was 3k

Kat

Mine seems larger this year. Last year it seemed smaller.

Dana
                @dd1981

Same I usually get back around 9k and this year I’m only getting back 5. I made 31k instead of 28. But I dont get it. A coworker and friend makes the same and she’s getting her usually 9k back. I used turbo tax as usual and I dont know why mine is so much less this year. We both claim 2 kids as well.

Antsymomof4
                  @antsymomof4

Last year I got 12k, this year I’m getting 5k…incredibly low for me as they’re usually 8-10k

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2023 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.