1095-a/8962

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season 1095-a/8962

• Topic Starter
    Sharon
      @sharon244

Can someone please help me with the correct fax number to fax 1095-a/8962. I was supposed to receive letter 12c but never received it so they have to resubmit so that it can be sent out again. The IRS rep told me I don’t need to wait for letter in order to fax documents. He gave me #1-855-204-5020, I called today and was told that was wrong and it needs to be sent to 1-855-892-7588. So I’m just confused right now

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Sharon
          @sharon244

If you own a fax machine try super early in the morning or late in the evening

Sharon
            @sharon244

I didn’t update until 3/27

Sharon
              @sharon244

I was able to fax to that number on 3/4

Bigriggirl

There are like 5 different numbers depending on where you live in the country. But i want to know if any of you had a problem faxing to the 855-892-7588 number because everytime i try to it says busy. Is my faxes even going through?

@trivera

I recived the letter it is the second number that you were given

tt484
                    @tt48

Faxed mine 1095-A/8962 in on 3/10/2020, no letter came just fax to # giving to by IRS Rep.
                    no update yet.

Sharon
                      @sharon244

I faxed mine on the 3/4 so I’ll track how long it took to get any update and post it here

Sharon
                        @sharon244

Hey guys got my letter on March 5th and my fax number was the 1-855-892-7588. If you haven’t received a letter yet just call IRS and ask them to give you the fax number off of your letter and they will also guide you on what needs to be put on cover letter and forms. Every page you fax in needs to have your ssi and name on it (written)

Sharon
                          @sharon244

I sent it to both hopefully that doesn’t mess anything up. They said the letter was mailed out last week so maybe I’ll get it this week. Shouldn’t take that long right?

MMH
                            @mmh72

The latter number is the correct one as I had to fax mine in as well.

Crawler

I would wait until you get your letter because you’re supposed to include a cover letter with a Batch and control number that they give you so they know it’s your document and not someone else’s. They also warn about sending in duplicates of your documents because that can cause further delays. It took me about 3 weeks to receive my letter and I filed on 2/3.

Sharon
                                @sharon244

Ok thank you!! But I’m just confused as to why 2 different IRS reps gave me different numbers if they were reading it off the letter

Cassie

I’m in AZ and also sent mine somewhere in CA also. I would wait on your letter unless you can get a rep to read you the number on your letter

Lover

It’s dependant on where you live. I live in OR and the fax number in my letter wasn’t any of the ones that have been floating around in this forum. I sent my docs to a CA processing Dept. I would not take any fax number from randos on this forum as that is their fax number from their letter. It took weeks to receive my letter. Filed and accepted Feb 1st and just received my letter last Friday. It’s ridiculous. So maybe your letter is still coming. Sign up for informed delivery via USPS.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.