Question about offset

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Question about offset

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Rozilyn.
  • Topic Starter
    BoomerSooner

If you have an offset will it show on your return or account transcripts?

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Rozilyn

Call the tax offset number follow the prompts they will tell you exactly who took your money and how much they took so that would give you some idea of how much you will will be receiving or not the number is 800-304-3107

Timmy

After two weeks of still processing, today I got the following”Your refund has been applied to a past due IRS tax obligation:” I know we owe IRS tax from last year but the amount owed is less than the refund we are expecting. Are we still going to get a refund and how long does it take?

Sereena

If you owe the IRS is there a number to call to see if your refund will be offset? The number on this thread only provides info on NON tax debts

Jamar Sr

Wmr says i have an offsst but when i call the hotline nothing is showing at all. Anyone know anything about this topic as far as that is concerned?

2013taxpayer
                  @2013taxpayer

Yes, it will show on your transcript. It will be a code after the 846. My code for my non-irs debt (student loan) was 898. But yes, offset will definitely show on transcript and usually updates the day before DDD.

Carrie

@bcp0198 Offset line is. For non tax debts. If you owe too the IRS it’s not gonna be on there.

bcp0198

So, per state refund it said that it was being offset and sent to IRS. Call that # above and it says there is no offsets… ???

Aecoop

Call 800-304-3107. Type in your info and it will tell you if you have any offsets. Good luck

schmidtkids
                          @schmidtkids

Well maybe, I have an offset this year and owe taxes from last year and neither of those are on my transcripts that I just got. Maybe it depends on what kind of offset?

Carrie
                            @cdenae79

I am pretty sure it will show in your transcripts. Someone who had one last year said that it did.

schmidtkids
                              @schmidtkids

No it doesn’t, best thing is to call offset phone number.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.