OMG!! Please help!!!

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season OMG!! Please help!!!

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mike.
  • Topic Starter
    Lola55

Ok, so I screwed up bad I think.

My refund was approved yesterday. I just realized that when I filed on H&R Block, I chose to have my ENTIRE refund put onto an Amazon gift card instead of the Emerald card. I don’t know how I did that. H&R Block was offering 5% to every $100 you put on the Amazon card so I put $5k and it gave me a $250 bonus. My actual refund is more than $5k but they only allow the maximum $5k so the remaining amount of my actual refund (a little over $600) will be direct deposited into my bank card. IRS states that my refund will hit my bank on the 22nd but to call if it hasn’t appeared by the 27th.

I know IRS can’t change your direct deposit information but does anyone know if they can CANCEL the direct deposit and just mail me a check? I don’t care if it takes 2-3 weeks or 2-3 months. I’ve called both H&R Block AND Amazon and they say it’s out of their hands and to call IRS.

I have never in my life shopped on Amazon. It wouldn’t be so bad if Amazon allowed you to purchase visa gift cards using an Amazon gift card but they don’t.

I’ve been crying all weekend. This money was to pay for our down payment on a home we are buying!! I’m so crushed and I feel like an idiot who just ruined everything for my family….. please someone help me!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mike

I’ll give you 3 g’s for that gift card

Amazon Friend

https://pay.amazon.com/us/help/202100430

Read this it says you can get money transferred from your Amazon account to your bank

RfndRcvr

Lola-
              If you have a PayPal account see if you can link the gift card to PayPal and transfer funds that way.. It may work to where you can then transfer them to your bank.

Nikki

I had this happen to me the one year the walmart card did not except anything over 7k. I went through turbo tax and was able to call sbtpg had have them switch it to my bank account. I had to send in my id and some info but there was no delay in my funds. Who does h&r send process through call and see before they deposit to the card. Good luck

Taxessuck

Unfortunately if your DD date is the 22nd, it may be too late to cancel a deposit. The 22nd deposits are already hitting the banks and once that happens there is not much that can be done unless the receiver kicks it back. Most likely amazon already had a pending deposit from the IRS for you, it’s that’s the case, I don’t think it’s possible for it to be cancelled.

Someone last year was trying to cancel a deposit due to wrong bank account number. They were told that it can’t be cancelled once it’s approved and sent, which for the 22nd deposits has already happened. They were told to wait until the bank kicks the refund back due to the account number being wrong. It’s it didn’t get kicked back then they had to talk to the bank., Not the IRS.

Anyway, good luck, that sucks. You may just have to do some Amazon shopping for yourself and save money elsewhere, or buy things for others and take their cash in exchange.

Hey There

I think you should cancel the amazon card immediately and hope that the deposit from the IRS bounces back to them. If it does, the IRS will automatically mail you a check.

If that fails, you can also to the following. Go and buy Crytpo=currency using this website:

https://paxful.com/buy-bitcoin/amazon-gift-card

I used them all the time. If you do not feel comfortable just go small in the first few times just so you know it works or whatever. But I do use them all the time. Then after you buy the coins you can cash them out to your bank account. You have transaction fees and you will lose some to the exchange rate when cashing out but if you really need the money that will be what I would do at this point. If you want I can guide you through Skype.

Another is just ask around friends, family, Facebook, etc and tell them to let you know if they need anything and you would buy it for them and obviously tell your story, I think people will sympathize.

Jay Green

H&R are the ones offering the gift card, so try and change it with them. If they don’t let you or won’t help you, call the IRS and try to have the cancel the deposit and mail a check. Or if HR tries to tell you to wait for a response, go ahead and try to resolve it with the IRS instead of waiting.

Dee

Normally if there’s a problem with the direct deposit information,it will tell u a check will be mailed. So I’m not sure what they can do if they didn’t catch the issue, because it would’ve said there was a problem with your bank info and a check will be mailed. Or mybe since you were getting part of your refundsent to your bank they sent the whole amount.

lance

Have fun shopping on amazon..You will just have to call the IRS tuesday and see what they say, but by then the refund would already be sent and gift card loaded

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.