ID Verify?

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season ID Verify?

• Topic Starter
    Tessa

How long after you get accepted will you know if you have to verify your identification?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Yelina
          @waitingonmymoney

Hey guys

F/A 1/30
          Bar went missing 2/19
          Finally received ID verify letter on 3/10 dated 3/7
          Called in 3/12 to verify & passed
          No update since then..famous message we all love “your return is still being processed blah blah blah”
          Funny thing is my b/f received a letter as well and verified 3/13..his WMR updated that Wednesday 3/14 to your return is being processed and got a DDD on Saturday 3/17 smh! So I guess everyone is different, by far the worst tax year ever! This thread comforts me some now I know I’m not alone!

stacy

Filed and accepted 1/26
            no problem until march 9 I received a letter to do ID verify. Done that yesterday. I was Furious Hopefully this will be done soon. This year taxes has had me a nervous wreck.

Tessa

Ok. Thank you. I filed 2/1 was accepted the same day and still at 1 bar. I never thought of being plucked for the verification so I was wondering if it’s something you know right away or if it takes a while for them to notify you… I wasn’t even sure you got accepted if you had to verify! Thank you!

lance

I got the message on wmr last year take action and to call, turns out it was to id verify. Got the message around the 16th, probably because I claimed eic and actc and still got refund on the 23rd of feb. I would say it depends on how long it takes, if you can do it online it should be pretty quick, but if not and it has to be done by mail then you probably wont be notified for a while or receive your refund anytime soon

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.