DDD REJECTED BY BANK

• Creator
    Topic

Imh

Filed 1/31 accepted same day
    Ordered transcripts 2/4 checked wmr this morning 2/5 status bar approved but check being mailed by 2/11 because my deposit was returned by my bank. Called my bank and ach dept stated dd never rejected of received (nothing pending). Has this happened to anyone else.

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 51 through 100 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Brianda Moore

Nothing to really update on my end. It’s been 4 weeks already. Pretty disappointed nothing has changed on WMR or my transcripts. I don’t qualify for a TA unfortunately. So I have to sit here and wait. I thought for sure it wouldn’t take the whole 8-10 weeks but it sure is looking that way :/

Shi

@beth

She should still try it. I called the TA hotline and the hotline stated I didnt qualify for an advocate and I called my local office and they helped me more than anyone ever has in regards to the IRS. If I would’ve called for an advocate in the beginning I would have had my check a lonnnnnggggg time ago. I just got in touch with an advocate two weeks ago and I already have the IRS releasing my funds to a paper check. If I wouldve called right after I received my CP53A notice I would have my money now but to each its own. If I wouldve never contacted an advocate than I’d be waiting until May 11th for something to happen with my account but fortunately thats not my case :) You can sit around and wait the full 8 to 10 weeks if you want to. Have a good day!

@Rachel

Be sure to call your local TA to see what you qualify for it doesnt hurt to check.

beth

Not everyone can get a tax advocate. And I have yet to see anyone actually get their refunds faster with one.

Shi

@Rachel

Be sure to call your LOCAL tax advocate service.

beth

Rachel, if you can see your transcripts online, you can see a 971 code with a date. Thats a notice issued that the bank rejected your deposit. From there it goes into a review process and its a 8-10 week wait. Sorry

Rachael

Hi I found out today that on 3/25/15 my bank returned my refund because my husbands name wasn’t on the account with me. I files on 1/30/15 can’t believe this is all just happening. Anyways does anyone know how long it will now take? The hotline lady said as long as my name and SS match it should be okay but said she couldn’t give me a time frame? Does anyone know?

Shi

UPDATE!

Good Morning,

My transcript has updated to 4/20/15 but the new code listed is 570 and is asking for additional account information pending. I believe this is because I had to correct my return due to receiving an additional W2 form. I will keep you guys posted hopefully I hear something from my TA today in regards to what this means. Good Luck to you all.

Shi

@De5670
    @bonnybleu83

Update!

I did not speak with my TA however I did call the hotline because my TA is off on Mondays and was told that my TA pushed thru my verifcation and the IRS sent out paperwork and received it back so the next step is that they release my funds so im hoping to hear good news from my TA sometime this week.

@Christina

I have seen your situation on the fb version of i got my refund as far as the id verify but now it seems as if you are going to be in the same situation as us because you arent on your husbands account you should be receiving a CP53A notice or a CP53 something notice. Hopefully its just the CP53 notice but I would wait until the date it says to call the IRS to say what they are going to do. Since youve already been under manual review I would hope they would just send you a CP53 notice with your check following shortly after the fact. The CP53A notice is when it takes 8 to 10 weeks to receive your refund check if you receive a CP53A notice, get in touch with your LOCAL Tax Advocate service ASAP! Hope this helps you.

Christina

So I have been through the ringer this tax season and can’t seem to find anyone wit a situation like mine. I f/a 1/20 it went through to a ddd of 2/11, the 11th came and went and it updated to a refund cancelled wit an 1121 reference code…. it took what seemed like forever for that to go away… March the 2nd i verified my id online bc i was told that might b the issue. it went through or seemed like it did, spoke to someone a few days later she said she was doing a referral for release of my refund, i got a letter on the 4th dated feb 26th saying i needed to call and verify my id i called a million times, until i finally got through last friday, verified and it went through (so i don’t know that it ever went through online) any way i got an update this past friday saying 846 refund issued and wmr updated sat 2 bars, wit a ddd of 4/1, so i call the bank (which is in my husband’s name we are separated, but i use his account), and it’s been rejected (was rejected march 27th before it was even supposed to deposit, now i have no idea what’s going to happen, they’ve already done a full manual review… so now what ppl are saying 1 week and others are sayin 8-10 but i can’t find anyone who’s already been through the review process and then had it rejected… so i am just wondering if there is anyone in my situation, who could provide me wit some insight!

De5670

@bonnybleu83
    @Shi

Update This Morning!

I just got a call from my tax advocate she gave me a status on my refund. She said the IRS verified what they needed to verified they went right ahead released my refund. She said the reason why I haven’t saw an update yet was because it took a week to process from a dd to a paper check. She said she will call me next Wednesday on the 8th of April with a mail date. I tell you God is good. I will let y’all know when my mail date is.

De5670

@bonnybleu83

No I haven’t heard from her today, but I called the tax advocate hotline. And, the man told me that Martinez had noted on the case that I had faxed over my information the 23rd of March. I don’t know who Martinez is, but my tax advocate name is Tanisha Chamberlain and she received my information on the 10th because that is what she told me last week. So, I guess that must be somebody she had to faxed it to on my behalf. The man told it also noted that contact date is 3-30 to get back with me with an update. That is all I know right now.

Shi

@De5670
    @bonnybleu83

The IRS faxed a wage verification over to my job yesterday so I should be hearing something from my TA next week.

bonnybleu83

@De5670

did your tax advocate contact you today? any updates?

De5670

@ bonnybleu83
    @ Shi

No my advocate didn’t tell me that the bank labeled the rejected refund as ID fraud. But, I will give an update once she call me either tomorrow or Monday because she supposed to call me either on or before the 30th.

Shi

@De5670
    @bonnybleu83

I filed with one dependent and no she didnt say that it was because of fraud or because the bank rejected my return. I told her personally about the bank rejecting my return and she stated it was possibly returned because i need to provide a wage verification because of who my employer is. I will update hopefully by the 5th or 8th depending on when she calls me.
    Good luck to you as well.

bonnybleu83

@De5670
    @Shi

it’s so frustrating that we paid taxes ALL year long and our refunds get approved. then, the “manual” research gives the IRS an excuse to scrutinize over every aspect of an already approved return. BUT…@De5670 – to answer your question – yes, it’s ridiculous that you have got to fax in docs for credits already approved on your return. BUT…once the IRS started manually researching our accounts, that gave them power to be able to go back and research anything they wanted to. which is why they are now questioning YOUE educ. credits. my advocate told me that all we could do was hope that a manual “research” of the account does not turn into an actual audit – bc then it will be 2-4 months. just waiting until 1st or 2nd week in april when the IRS has had their mandated 7-10 day time to reply to hardship request.
    question –
    1. did yall file w/ any dependents?
    2. did your advocate specify that the initial reason our refunds were held was due to suspected ID fraud bc of bank rejecting refund?
    please remember to post when yalls advocate lets yalls kno if the hardship request was approved by IRS.
    good luck!

Shi

@De5670
    @bonnybleu83

Yes my TA explained to me that I needed to fax in my wage verification and any missed w2 forms as well as an amended return. The IRS didnt tell me anything of the sort so that was my situation. I am just waiting on my TA to correspond with me on the next step from her sending all of this information into the IRS.

De5670

@bonnybleu83
    @Shi

You are correct yes the bank rejected my refund because of mismatched name. When I got the TA she researched my account, and she found that the IRS was done reviewing the account on 2-26-15. But, she said what the extra hold up is because of the education credit I claimed. However, I didn’t know nothing about the education credit being the hold up until the TA research my account because as I know the reason for the hold up was because the bank rejected the refund and how they labeled it. But, my question is why the IRS would hold up my refund for the education credit when they approved the refund to be direct deposit in the first? So, now that the bank rejected the refund and because the way the bank labeled it now the IRS has questions about the education credit. So, that the bottom line to my story.

bonnybleu83

@De5670
    @Shi

i also see where y’all faxed info corroborating educational credits claimed on returns, and faxes in wage verification docs. was this something your advocate asked you to send in after they looked at your individual returns, during the time when you were requesting a hardship refund? the reason i am asking is because our refunds were held for the same reason – bank rejected DDD due to our names not being on account….
    i wasn’t asked to submit anything but hardship docs….
    she did confirm that my retuen was being “researched” because of suspected ID fraud based on the bogus reject code my stupid green dot bank sent back to IRS.

bonnybleu83

@Shi
    @De5670

i spoke AT LENGTH with my tax advocate about the hardship process from start to finish (likelihood of IRS approving, timeframe until check could be mailed, current status of return, best case & worst case scenarios – the whole nine yards). and i also researched online. i think we have been given some misinformation about the hardship request and how the process works……
    once you fax over all requested docs to your assigned tax advocate, they, in turn, fill out paperwork and send forms to IRS. The next day, IRS opens a case based on hardship info sent by tax advocate on our behalf . @Shi – you were right that it does take 7-10 business for IRS to make a decision. but, i think a lot of us (including myself) were under the impression that check was mailed shortly after that. NOT TRUE. after the 7-10 business days, the IRS contacts our advocates and advises IF the hardship was even approved. best case scenario – hardship is approved and a check will be put into the system and cut within 1 week from date of hardship decision. BUT…my tax advocate let me know that the IRS is VERY strict about hardship requests and that there is a 50/50 chance it will or won’t be approved. also, the advocate told me that she will not know the extent to which IRS is researching our accounts until they send her info after the 7-10 days. she said that IRS may request additional info IF they randomly select the return to go to examination dept (manual AUDIT, worst case scenario). she said, If that’s the case, it would be 2-4 months before a check could be issued IF everything checked out. she told me that Georgia is so backed up with advocacy claims that my case was routed to her in Oregon. she was very nice, though. and told me to hope for the best, in that my check would arrive in 2-3 weeks from yesterday…
    just giving yall a heads up. i will have a better idea about what’s going to happen once yalls 7-10 day timeframe is up and yalls advocate tells y’all the response from the IRS…
    there is an end in sight! just hoping and praying that it’s in our favours…

Shi

@Brianda Moore
    @bonnybleu83
    @DE5670
    @Regina

Good Morning,

Spoke with my advocate on friday after she received the paperwork as far as my hardship and wage verification. I had to file an amended return due to not receiving a w2 form by the time i filed. My TA faxed all of my information over today and she said that the IRS has 10 business days to respond to her. After the 7th of April my funds should be released but I have an offset so the money has to be sent to the Department of Treasury and then to me. She said I should receive my money hopefully by the 3rd week of April. Ive waited this long three more weeks cant hurt :) keep me posted

De5670

@bonnybleu83
    @Shi
    @Regina
    @Biranda Moore

Know haven’t heard anything from my advocate yet to when I will be receiving my check in the mail. I did call her last week to see if she received the information I faxed to her, and her response was yes. But, she didn’t say whether she sent the information on over to the IRS. Well in the beginning when she first called me on March 9th she stated I wouldn’t be hearing from her until the 30th of March or before. Also, she did say once she have the release my money it would take a week to update. So, probably would hear something from her this week she did say on the 30th or before the 30th.

bonnybleu83

@De5670
    @Shi
    @Brenda Moore
    @Regina

UPDATE – i spoke with my tax advocate today and she was bases out of OR. she was ️VERY kind and helpful. i faxed over my electric notice and she stayed in the ofc until she received it and confirmed she was sending hardship request to IRS on this date. she stated that, once IRS received a hardship request, they have 7-10 business days (2 weeks roughly) to respond to advocate regarding status of request. my advocate told me that the IRS is strict about approving such requests. but she said she was going to do everything she could to get approved. said she would call me 2nd week of april after hearing from IRS. she said ️best case scenario – IRS approves the request and money will be here in 2-3 weeks from today’s date. OR, worse-case scenario – IRS could possibly send my return to examination (review dept) and then i’m screwed because it will be 2-4 months. so, it’s just a waiting game right now…
    have any of you gotten any updates from your advocate?

De5670

Participants

Who have a tax payer advocate working with you because the IRS is holding your refund do to education tax credit. If so how long has it been and is your tax payer advocate close in getting your money? Has your advocate gave you any kind of update yet?

Shi

@Brianda Moore
    @bonnybleu83
    @DE5670
    @Regina

Good Morning,

UPDATE**

I dropped off my paperwork to the IRS building this morning instead of faxing it in that way I know that they received the information. I will update again once I hear from my TA

Shi

@Brianda Moore
    @bonnybleu83
    @DE5670
    @Regina

So I spoke with my TA today and she stated that the reason why my funds are on hold is because they need wage verification from my current employer because they are a private owned company. So therefore, I have to fax over my wage verification W2 form and file a corrected tax return because I received my unemployment tax return after I filed. I am going to personally go to the IRS building tomorrow that way I have no discrepancies and I can attempt to get this handled and my money in my possession a hell of a lot faster. Espcecially with tomorrow being Friday I do not want to wait until Monday to hear anything new.

Anonymous

walmart money card rejected my refund on feb 11th. received the letter dated 3/2 that it”ll be 8/10 weeks and ill have a check in the mail. I feel like my return will never come. Ive never had an issue with my taxes. This year has been a nightmare!

De5670

@bonnybleu 83

Well I was a sign to advocate on 3-5, but my advocate didn’t call me until 3-9. I faxed over everything she needed on 3-10. Now when I spoked to her on yesterday to see if she received everything she told me yes she said if she needed anything else she would let me know. So, I apparently if the advocate doesn’t need anything else the next step would be getting our money. But, she did tell me after faxing all my information it would only take a week to put my money back into the system. From what I heard the taxpayer advocate has 30 days to get your money, so your advocate will give you a date to when he or she will be calling you back like my advocate told me she will call me back on or before 3-30. What I have also noticed is those people who tax returns get pulled for ever reason those are the ones who will see the updates and also those who direct deposit was rejected because of wrong account number. Other people like us I have notice their advocate will let them know their mail date. Now some people have said that the transcript will update for us but not WMR. So, I don’t know how true.

bonnybleu83

@De5670
    thanks for the info. I’m actually about 1-2 weeks behind yall, though, because most of yall already contacted tax advocate #. since faxing over required info, has there been any additional info? updates? did they say how long it would be, or what next step would be, after all info was gathered?
    I just feel like there’s no refund date in site. I keep checking tax teanscripts but no update. still same “as of” date and still same cycle code and tax codes. so frustrating…

De5670

@bonnybleu 83

The next step that the tax advocate will tell you is to fax over like something to prove your identity and he or she will tell you to fax over your eviction notice and disconnection notice for your utilities to show your hardship.But, it is good that you know what else was the hold up because the IRS was going to never tell us anything.

@De5670
    @Shi
    @BrendaMoore

Okay. Called the taxpayer Advocate phone number. Spoke with someone and gave all my info regarding my delayed tax return. Lady provided me with a 5 digit pin # and told me she was transferring me to 877-275-8271. I then spoke with someone and provided my 5 digit pin he gave me and he was able to pull up my information. explained my hardship(s) – eviction & electric disconnection – and he took the information down and stated a tax advocate would be contacting me on 3/23.the advocate i spoke with also provided me with this ref #: 5965010. and gave me this phone #:
    404-338-8899 (not sure what this number is – but the area code is Atlanta-based, and I reside in GA – so im assuming it’s the state-based tax advocate contact #.
    was this yalls experience when yall initially contacted the tax advocate service?? what will be the next step when te advocate calls me?
    any advice or help is appreciated. so frustrated. but happy that I have the tax advocate working for us. the advocate did say that the delay is identity-theft related bc of teying to deposit in account that did not hVe my name on it. and they said all the IRS is doing is trying to prove that my SSN and name attached to tax return matches up with refund amount…

De5670

@Shi
    @bonnybleu 83
    @Brianda Moore

I faxed over my t-tax statement for the education credit that I claimed and I faxed over my disconnection notice for my utilities to show my hardship to my TA last week. I called my TA on today to see if she received my information I faxed and she told me that she received and she said if there is any more information she needs she will let me know. So, there is where I am at right now just waiting on my TA.

Shi

@Brianda Moore
    @bonnybleu83
    @DE5670

Good Morning,

I faxed over my Hardship paperwork last week and nobody returned my phone call. I called yesterday and they couldnt find it so we did one over the phone so hopefully, I will hear something from someone this week. For the time being I changed my status on my W4 to exempt that way I can catch up on my bills until I receive my return.

De5670

There still has not been any changes on WMR and I haven’t checked my transcript. But, my TA did say it would take a week before I see any changes once I sent in all the information that they asked me to do. So, it just a waiting period now I guess.

bonnybleu83

just checked my tax transcripts. no changes. NONE. has anybody received any good news or updates on their transcripts? so frustrated….

De5670

@Shi
    @bonnybleu 83
    @Miranda Moore

Good afternoon ladies and participants
    I just faxed over my information and plus my hardship over to my tax advocate. So, I will see what will happens next. I will keep everyone informed of any updates I might have.

Shi

@Brianda Moore
    @bonnybleu83
    @DE5670

Good Morning,

I spoke with a LOCAL tax advocate today and was able to fax over TAS form 911 explaining my hardship she said that someone should be calling within 3 days of receiving the form. I might have to fax in bills and statements explaining my hardship but it has to total close to my offset balance from my return. I will keep you all posted, she said hopefully by the end of this month so thats what I am shooting for. Keep your positive energy flowing, I know this is extremely stressful.

De5670

@Shi
    @bonnybleu 83
    @Brianda Moore

I am letting everyone know the outcome of speaking with my tax advocate on today. Well here is thing now why they are still holding my refund is because of the education credit so she asked me to fax over to her my T tax statement that shows how much I paid both school to make sure that is the correct amount I am supposed to receive. Also, I have to fax over my disconnect notice for my utilities once I get her all that she will have them to release my refund. I will keep everyone updated on whatever else happens.

Omg

i just talk to the irs and due to having more the one account number they will automatically stop your direct deposit and send you a check hope this helps

Shi

@Brianda Moore
    @bonnybleu83
    @DE5670

Also when reading othere forums be sure to double check if they received a CP53A notice as ourselves or is it just a CP53 notice because the CP53 notices are processed a lot faster because no errors were flagged they just cant deposit.

Omg

I’m going through the same thing right now i don’t what to think i know everything on my paperwork was right i called a verified with my bank… Did you every get your money……. Is there hope?

Shi

@Brianda Moore
    @bonnybleu83
    @DE5670

The first advocate that I spoke to I told her about my situation and she was taking my information and then just hung up the phone and I could not get her back on the line. The second one I spoke to didnt even listen to my full story just said that I was trying to find out whats going on with my refund and transferred me to the IRS. The last lady I spoke to I asked her to listen to my full story, explained to her about my hardships as far as repossessions and evictions but she said thats not a hardship and the TA office isnt required to help everybody. She explained that she was only able to assist with telling me if there was any activity on my account as a COURTESY only and we disconnected. I am beyond frustrated because I have 17 days to find a place to stay otherwise me and my daughter will be on the streets. I am working but with me being past due on most bills I am pretty much just playing catch up. Not enough time to save money well not enough money to save money.

Annie2020

Those who have tried a tax advocate…. I had one because my return was in Error Resolution and I was looking at a 6 week wait.
    I called the Kansas City, MO Advocate office directly (find the direct # for your state on the IRS website). I left a voice mail at like 11 and was called back in 2 hours. I was OVERLY polite and just inquired if they could help me. I explained I had just lost my job.

The first person I spoke to got everything moving, I never spoke to my advocate (besides a generic form letter advising I should hope to have my return by 4/15), but it all got fixed up. No faxing, no hassles.

I know results may vary, but maybe try calling your local state office directly instead?

Good luck!

TT

@bonnybleu83

Sorry lost half of my mess. But GD won’t release my money because it was supposed to be rejected but it didn’t. They won’t look or anything. My transcript updated 2 weeks ago w/971 and nothing since. It will be 30 days since i initially started the trace on 3/11

TT

@bonnybleu83

What if u don’t get a notice. I had to do a check trace because green dot won’t give my

De5670

@bonnybleu 83

I saw that about the other young lady that was in the same situation as us who got her money on i got my refund facebook and it was under the topic of chant chant I believe.

bonnybleu83

@Shi
    – when you say you spoke with 3 different tax advocates and none of them said they could assist – why not?? if you don’t mind my asking. perhaps, we could help in re-wording the request. a hardship is a hardship – I don’t care who you are. sorry for the bad news. let me know if I can help in any way.

bonnybleu83

@De5670
    @Shi
    @Brianda Moore

Thanks for the update, @De5670. what is the topic name of the forum where you saw this, if you don’t mind my asking? Someone who has is in our situation has already gotten their monies?? WOW. that means we need to, if we haven’t already, secure a tax advocate. seems like they are really expediting returns, especially ones where they were initially approved, but rejected by bank. I got a dispossessory notice and have a court date with magistrate this upcoming tuesday, the auto company is trying to repossess my vehicle, received s notice about light disconnect, and i am on the verge of losing everything. I have several hardships right now – the only challenge, as it relates to my tax return, is that my fiancé’s name was only listed on dispossessory notice (one reason I am contesting in court because I am a legal tenant, as well – which, I’m hoping the Judge will see as a technicality). the only thing in my name is the electric bill.i need my tax monies so bad. this is so frustrating. I’m not working feverishly on this so I can book a trip to Disneyland…I really need my money – much like y’all, I’m sure.
    As of today, no movement on my transcripts. Same cycle date, same “As Of” date. same codes. will contact tX advocate tomorrow and see what I can accomplish.
    Let me know if anyone else has any updates or progress.
    Thanks!
    p.s. keep in mind, that the 8-10 weeks begins the day the notice was mailed out – not the day of the bank reject.
    hope y’all have a good day.

De5670

@Shi
    @bonnybleu 83
    @Brianda Moore

Just to keep you informed someone else on another igotmyrefund tax forum stated that yesterday they got their check in the mail yesterday she was in the same situation as we were. But, how she got it was through a tax advocate. Also, she didn’t have to fax anything to prove her hardship and there are others that said the samething. So, I guess it depends on who you get as your tax advocate. I thought I would share this with you all ladies.

Shi

@Brianda Moore
    @bonnybleu83
    @DE5670

I spoke with 3 different tax advocates today and they all told me that they cannot assist my hardship. I am pretty much fed up with the fucking IRS & their bullshit assisters. Let me know when you guys find out anything new.

Thank you

Viewing 50 replies - 51 through 100 (of 236 total)

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.