Bart's Thoughts

• Creator
    Topic

Michele
    Admin
    @michele

BartD is back for another year of answering questions.

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 101 through 150 (of 1,419 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rahman

Is their anyone on this forum received a 4464c letter who received their refund before the dreaded 60 days????

Rahman

Who is this Bart Character that everyone is trying to get their urgent questions responded to? It’s obvious he will not be returning this year..he stated he would be back thursday but was a no show, must be too busy spending and enjoying his refund while the rest of us look stupid waiting on his responses, so sad. FUCK THE IRS I SWEAR THEY NEED TO BE ABOLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIANAM

Hey Bart. I don’t know if you remember me. I filed and was accepted 1/20. I id verified on 2/24. My account transcript updated on 2/27 with codes 150 806 570. Called irs on march 12 and a rep tells me that the hold on my refund is scheduled to be released on march 23. Called march 24 and it wasn’t released. My account transcript has a as of date of april 6. I called up the irs yesterday and a rep tells me that I have to wait up to 9 weeks from 2/24 to receive my refund. Which will put me at may 1. And then he also said that my account indicates that it may need additional reviewing and that if it does need additional reviewing that they will send me a letter. I asked him if they sent me out a letter for the additional review and he says so far no letter has gone out or is scheduled to go out. And that I can still receive my refund before may 1. What I want to know is how come he didn’t know for sure that I am under additional review?And what should I do when may 1 comes and I still don’t have my refund? Will they be able to do a referral for me once my 9 weeks are up? Any imput will be great. Thanks.

Melissa

Dear Bart: We filed our taxes on 01/31/2015. We expected our return within 2 weeks. No, it was delayed beyond the 21 days. I contacted the IRS who told me that they did not receive a 1095a for my daughter who we were claiming had health insurance for the entire year. The Marketplace had failed to send the IRS the correct 1095a showing that she did have insurance for the entire year. We have contacted a tax advocate and our U.S. senator. This has been the most frustrating experience ever. Today, my status has changed to show a phone number to call with reference code #1242. We claim our 21 year old daughter as a dependent because she lives with us year round and is disabled due to ADHD. She is unemployed. We also claim her for EIC. We also claim our 17 year old son for EIC. I believe that the IRS is asking for proof of our daughter’s dependency and EIC status. And we will have to fill our 4 specific forms. I believe this will delay our refund even more. We had hoped to receive it in April. I don’t know if that’s likely now or not. Do we need to be worried about claiming our daughter as a dependent and EIC? I am really concerned and do not know how to reply when I talk with my tax advocate next week. Thanks for your help.

julianna scott

Hello Bart I see you have alot of questions to answer ill just stick mine in there. I am unsure if there is anything I can do other than just be patient. I filed the 6th of January was accepted the 13th was told a cp was sent on the 16th but i did not find this out until waiting the 20 days after they opened the season. My city was incorrect and somehow my correct zip code was changed which I did not get my cp 12 letter for the 1095 so the agent referred me to mail in my form 8962 to correct the issue. I of course immediately mailed in the form which i was told to mail not fax and I even asked to fax but anyways they acknowledged they received it the 17th of February, processed it the 13th of March. Was mailed a cp letter informing me they had gotten my forms and needed an additional 40 days before making a decision. I don’t understand why another 40 days? I also am unable to see my transcripts online as well as not being able to get my 2014 by mail. I talked to an agent about a week ago and he told me he did not see anything on mu profile and he mentioned the 40 days would put my refund around the 13th of April. Unsure what to do?j

Chris

Bart,

Filed and Accepted 1/28.
    ID verified 2/20.
    Called IRS Monday 3/30 and Lady stated she has no idea why I don’t have refund and she sees no codes, all 0s, and as of date March 16th on transcripts. She said it’s happened to many people and she put in a referral to help get my refund. What exactly should I expect now? If I had no codes or nothing on her end, should I know see progress fast and has everything been clear? How long should this take?

Rayne

I called IRS again today. The man I spoke with said there isn’t any reason why my funds haven’t been mailed to me yet. He seemed kinda shocked I haven’t received it at all considering my codes. He also stated that they were at their 30 day mark and who ever was working my case prolly still has my stuff still sitting on their desk…so He put me on hold and put in a referral for the release of my funds. The have a certain time to respond to it…but it generally gets released with no hold up codes…Getting a tax advocate involved now would just put my refund on hold for an additional 4-6 weeks. I have no clue what to expect. I hope something gives soon… I’m in a bad bind enough as it is. Know your busy Bart…but when you get a chance drop me in some insight. Thx..

Anonymous

is anyone getting any help with their questions? I can’t seem to find anyone to answer any questions including this site

MParker

My as of date changed from 02/23/2015 to 03/02/2015 over night but I checked back again and it’s back at 02/23/2015. What does this mean?

Rita

I filed my taxes on January 10th. It got held for review in the beginning of February. I received my notice CP05 stating that after April 9th my refund would be released. But since it’s getting close, I’ve been checking my transcripts almost daily and FINALLY today a different code showed up. 896 showed up with the description “Refund applied to non-IRS debt” with date of 4/20/15 and a dollar amount. What exactly does that mean? It’s not the 846 I was looking forward to.

tasha

Just an insight of what happened to me. Filed February 2 around the 20 bars went missing then got a 4464C letter. Waited two weeks and got a tax advocate. Didn’t have to show hardship I just told them my lights were about to get cut off. The tax advocate took my case march 26 turned in pay stubs and a letter from my boss proving income woke up this morning with my bars back and refund approved with a direct deposit date of April 6. So a tax advocate really does help a lot because I believe I would still be waiting. Good luck yall

Anonymous

April that is definately a good question because I too on previous transcripts for 2012 and 2013 I have that code but when I talked to a rep last week he stated that it would not affect 2014 while on the phone he said he is gonna mail out a letter and to just respond to it basically instructing me on what to do because the 922 is a code for unreported income he said i should receive the letter within 9 days and so far I have no 971 code (letter sent) on my 2014 so im hoping it want affect it I wish the letter already came so I can atleast see if it says they can’t finish processing my 2014 until that is resolved

Mini

Thanks for your patience and time, I have followed and watched you help several people. I filed and was accepted 1/23 ,the irs states my tax return began processing on 2/3 which is around the time my bars disappeared. I was able to see my transcripts for the first time 2/6. All the normal codes with code 570 at the end, no other codes following such as 971. I was told by two irs reps that I was not being reviewed. However I looked at my 2013 transcripts and I have a 922 with the date 3-16-15 next to it. I also have an as of date for interest of 3/23/15. I rcvd cp2000 on 3/19/15 with an amount owed for the previous year. I called back and was told my 2013 shouldn’t affect my 2014. Is that true? Because it looks as if it has affected my tax return and according to the irs manual if there is an open investigation on a prior year return it will affect your return. I need my refund, I didn’t know it could be held this long.

Anonymous

Hello Bart I filed 02/19 found out I wasn’t accepted until 02/23 received letter to id verify which was done 03/16 I can view all my transcripts.my account transcript has codes for a refund but also has the dreaded 570 , my cycle is 20151105 which was last thursday March 26 but has since passed, the date next to my cycle is 04-06-2015 My question is do you think I will update tomorrow (friday) being that my 21 day window is 04-06-2015 and i update wkly although I was told after verifying to wait 6-8 weeks here is my transcript (I didn’t list the credit amounts:
    CODE EXPLANATION OF TRANSACTION CYCLE DATE AMOUNT
    150 Tax return filed 20151105 04-06-2015 $0.00
    76209-450-20616-5
    806 W-2 or 1099 withholding 04-15-2015 –
    766 Credit to your account 04-15-2015 –
    768 Earned income credit 04-15-2015 –
    570 Additional account action pending 04-06-2015 $0.00

Angel

Hi Bart I field I had to verify my id feb forth and was approved my eight weeks are almost up now an the last 3 reps told me that everything looks good they have every thing they need and I should have a date soon this month plus they sent two messages askin for them to go ahead and release my funds an that no more letters were sent out so what yu think will happen I really need my money and hope I’m not jus getting the run arounds????

z

Bart

Refund split one deposited other rejected. Cp53a dated 2/23. No updates anywhere. Don’t have a hardship by IRS standards. When should I see some movement?

Exact same situation as Diane. Several other people in the same boat.
    Any thoughts?

Chris

Bart,

Filed and Accepted 1/28.
    ID verified 2/20.
    Called IRS Monday 3/30 and Lady stated she has no idea why I don’t have refund and she sees no codes, all 0s, and as of date March 16th on transcripts. She said it’s happened to many people and she put in a referral to help get my refund. What exactly should I expect now? If I had no codes or nothing on her end, should I know see progress fast and has everything been clear? How long should this take?

Rayne

Hi Bart,
    My issue is a lot like the few I’ve been reading. I filed 1-28-15 accepted same day. Had a ddd for Feb. 13 return was split into two. One received other rejected. Received a cp53a notice on Feb. 24 dated for March 9,2015. No WMR updates or my transcripts. But here is what it reads: Cycle date 20150602 date 3-2-15/ codes 150/ 806 (4-15-15) 766 (4-15-15) 768 (4-15-15)/ 846 (3-2-15) 846 (3-2-15) 841 (3-2-15) 971 (3-9-15) Return Due Date or Receive Date (which ever is later) 4-15-15…. Processing date (3-2-15) as of March 9, 2015 and my balance due. I can’t get any info out of irs reps… Please tell me you have a general idea when I’ll receive my refund in the mail. Thanx.

Anonymous

Hi

Confused about all the the codes and can not figure out when I will actually get refund

return was accepted Jan 22

checked transcript yesterday and found the following:

Return due date or return received date (whichever is later) April 15 2015
    Processing Date 3/16/15
    Transactions
    cycle code 20150805 date 3/16/15
    766 credit to your account 4/15/15
    570 additional account action pending 3/16/15
    810 refund freeze 3/16/15
    811 refund released 3/16/15
    971 notice issued 3/23/15

I received the notice a week before 3/23/15 but all it said was I didn’t have to do anything, they were still reviewing my return

Any idea based off of this info what is happening with my refund?

Diane

Bart

Refund split one deposited other rejected. Cp53a dated 2/23. No updates anywhere. Don’t have a hardship by IRS standards. When should I see some movement?

Carolina Girl

Hi Bart,
    Finally got a sort of update: .I filed 2/2 bars went missing 2/20 then around 3/1 I got 2 letters in the same envelope from IRS requesting I do ID Verify, Transcripts updated last Thur. night, finally able to see all 4 transcripts. Account transcript has the 150 tax return filed, 768 EIC, then 570 Add’l action pending -$0 -so wondering if maybe that 570 was for the ID Verify, which I did online? I only update once a week, usually on Thursday night. with both transcripts and WMR. Cycle is 20151105 Date by the 570 is 4-6

BartD
    @bartd

I am here I will be on Thursday and will answer Any new questions Thursday.

Ps I got my refund beginning of feb lol so that’s not the reason I wasn’t on. I travel a lot for work and have been busy sorry guys

Any past post will be ignored for most prolly have answers by now

TheWaitingGame

Lol. I noticed Bart hasn’t responded to anyone as well.

IRSuck

Looks like Bart got his refund and said forget helping ya’ll

fordtuff82

Hello everyone,
    I filed and was accepted 1/23. 1/29 got letter 4464c for a 60 day review. Today was the 61st day and still no refund, no request for more info, and I haven’t been able to view my transcript since early February! Everything was okay per the transcript except for that nasty code 570 which is a freeze code. I have a tax advocate who hasn’t returned my calls even after faxing him proof of hardship. I’m getting really agitated. Any advice? Literally…ANY advice?

Diane

Zach
    I have seen no movement and cannot get any answers from the irs

marie

@zack

Nothin at all. Just so frustrated and anxious to get some answers and no one seems to have any at all.

Zach

Bart,

Week 4 came and went with no update to transcripts or WMR .
    CP53a dated 2-23.
    Have you heard of any new delays or anything?
    Frustration growing by the day.

Marie, Diane: Any updates on yours?

Shel

Transcript updated friday with 846 code… WMR udated Saturday with take action 1242 reference code and 151 tax topic. With message returned received and being reviewed. The problem is i was in review and faxed 1095A and other form on March 3. The amount of refund went up after a little over 100 dollars per my transcript. Did this happen to anyone else…. F/A 1-30

justasking

@christina I have a question if you just got a DDD just today how did the irs send your money in your account that fast the first is Wednesday and I know I have gotten my return and only got it two days faster from my DDD date? I’m concerned because that’s five days early do they send your money out the same day you get a DDD? Please reply

Christina

Okay so i’ve had one nightmare after another with taxes. i was f/a jan 20th it went through processing then had a ddd 2/11 but then pulled into review for id verification had an 1121 ref code on feb 12, 841 refund cancelled code verified online 3/2 got a letter dated feb 26th on march 4 (4883c letter) called and verified again March 20th and had an 846 the following friday… sat updated to 2 bars refund approved ddd 4/1 … called bank march 28th to see if anything was pending yet it was rejected march 27th… they couldn’t give me a single reason….. are they going to put me back into review again or send me a check

PKoodle

My Transcripts updated last night/this morning with an 846 April 13 and I do believe WMR will update tonight/tomorrow morning with my DDD info. I believe it will be for Wed April 1st.
    I filed on January 21st. Owed back taxes.

Punda

Hello Bart and Others,

I received a CP49 letter last week that my refund would be offset to pay a state tax and the remaining refund sent to me.

Then today, my tax transcript updated with an 846 code (Refund Issued) with a date of 4/13.
    There is no update on WMR. Does this notice mean that my refund will be sent on 4/13 or will it be direct deposited sooner or it will be mailed (on 4/13)?

thanks – Punda.

Anonymous

Hey everyone!
    I’m sure there are many of you like me who have been following message boards to try an figure out when our refunds will come. So here is a little insight as to how mine is working out. I E filed my taxes with TT on Feb. 10. We were supposed to receive a DD 2/18, however because my student loans it was offset. I did not work so we sent in an IS on the 12th. On my transcripts it shows they received it 2/23. Here is what it looks like now

766 Reversal of refund applied to 04-15-2015 -$X,XXX
    non-IRS debt
    290 Additional tax assessed 20151005 03-30-2015 $0.00
    09254-470-05417-5
    971 Amended tax return or claim 02-23-2015 $0.00
    forwarded for processing
    977 Amended return filed 02-23-2015 $0.00
    33277-464-02256-5
    971 Notice issued 03-30-2015 $0.00
    290 Additional tax assessed 20151105 04-06-2015 $0.00
    09254-470-05430-5
    846 Refund issued X,XXX 4/6/15

So i got the refund issued for full amount that was taken, and 20151105 cycle which would indicate a march 26 DD however I sent my file afterword so I’m expecting a paper check which i HOPE is mailed today. If anyone has questions or needs advice ill try and help…ive done alot of research that past few weeks and I’m hoping that everyone struggling or not, gets there money soon!

Keith

I have noticed this is just a venting site, nothing ever gets resolved.

Zach

@marie @diane

NOTHING changed on transcript or where’s my refund.
    Looks like the people on facebook were just talking out of their ass, as per the usual.
    I hate the IRS more than I have ever hated any person or institution.
    They can all go to hell.

In the dark

Tried to get through on the main 1040 number, could not because of call volume. So called IPSU number again Tue and nice rep excused himself for a few minutes to check on our return. Back on the line he said it was done being reviewed and everything looked good and we would see a refund in a couple more weeks. Told him how much we needed it at this point, and how worried we’ve been. Mid conversation he said “another week or so.” Then at the end, he said “really soon now.”

Then today, change! Message has gone from “return is still being processed… date will be provided when available” to “We have received your return and it is being processed.”

From what I’ve heard others say, this may mean tomorrow we’ll be able to order Return transcript and Saturday we should get bars back with a DDD of maybe Wednesday. I’m sure hoping.

If it does go that way, I really might start thinking that some of the reps have a way to push it through faster if they have pity for your plight.

Brandy

@angel thank you I thought the exact same thing and when questioned about the 570 code she stated she couldn’t give the info what a bunch of crap

Sunny Orion

Hi Bart! I received my 2014 tax refund mid-February and had to file an amended return. I waited until I received my original refund. I filed the amended return on 2/25/15. It was accepted and showed up about 3 weeks later on the WheresMyAmendedReturn website, and they acknowledged receiving it on 2/25. Since then, the WMAR has shown no change. However, when I look at my transcript for this year’s return, it updated last Thursday and it shows the amended return coming in and it shows an 846 code and refund sent with a date of 04/06/15 next to it. What is this date? Does it mean that is the date they plan on mailing the check out? Or is it the date I should receive it by? It has been a week today since the transcript updated, but no update on the WMAR. I am hoping they are not waiting until April 6th to mail out the check if it has already been approved and should be ready to go? Thanks for your help.

Angel

For brandie!! I never heard any such thing about them adding an additional 30 days to every phone call I wouldn’t fall for that one I guess they trying to make a fool out of yu so want keep calling cause that is some bull crap!!!

Brandy

Here’s our story filed 2/3 approved in minutes after the 21st day all bars on wmr disappeared called irs says everything looks fine taking a bit longer than usual a week later called back and had to verify identity they said to go to irs office with Id to prove identity did that on March 2nd.
    Transcripts came up a week later with processing date of 20150915 there is a 570 with date of 3/23 and as of today no update.
    Called on Monday lady says it’s almost done with review but also did say she sees that we have called at least once a week and to be mindful when you call they tack on an additional 30 days so now to wait til may
    How is that possible

zach

@marie…

Can you post a link to this? I’d love to read this discussion, and I really really hope it’s accurate! Thanks.

marie

@zack &Diane
    Was just told on igotmyrefund fb page that several people were told by the irs they will see an update friday then checks will be mailed out next friday. They had a cp53a notice and names not matching for DD. Fingers crossed for us too!!!

Diane

@Zach

I haven’t seen any movement.

Zach

Diane,

Have you seen any movement on your transcripts past the 971 code?
    That’s where I’ve been forever!

Missy

IRS received my return 2/7/2015 on 2/15 I could review my transcripts and noticed I had a 570 hold the WMR had 1 bar and tax topic 152 a week later I lost all bars and could not view the transcripts it stated I have already set up a user ID to to obtain the password to enter the last 4 of the social and email address and they will email it to me well NOTHING I have not been able to view yet the 570 code had a 3/16/2015 date I called the IRS said 570 was to verify income and nothing needed from me at this time I have not gotten a letter or anything here it is 3/25 and nada I have no clue what is going on and cannot get through to the IRS don’t know what to do I need this money help

marie

Im in the same as zack also. Except a week later. This is my 3rd week. No vhange in transcript or wmr. Nothing at all. Letter said do noting and last code is 971. Notice sent. should we expect the full 10 weeks?

NIck

Hello,

I have a question,

I filed a 8379 form stand alone as i did last year. but this year I am confused with my transcript.

I have codes:

766: Reversal of refund applied to non- IRS debt 04/15/2015
    290: Additional tax assessed 20151105 04/06/2015
    And the one that i really dont get code 971: Hardship refund 03/13/2015 $0.00

Does anyone know about this hardship refund? I wish i knew what was going on but IRS rejects my call everyday due to high call volume,,,

Thanks,
    NIck

Diane

Bart
    I am in the same boat as Zach. Same dates and everything. What is the best case scenario for the refunds to be released?

Brandie

Hi

Confused about all the the codes and can not figure out when I will actually get refund

return was accepted Jan 22

checked transcript yesterday and found the following:

Return due date or return received date (whichever is later) April 15 2015
    Processing Date 3/16/15
    Transactions
    cycle code 20150805 date 3/16/15
    766 credit to your account 4/15/15
    570 additional account action pending 3/16/15
    810 refund freeze 3/16/15
    811 refund released 3/16/15
    971 notice issued 3/23/15

I received the notice a few days ago an it said I didn’t have to do anything

Any idea based off of this info what is happening with my refund?

Viewing 50 replies - 101 through 150 (of 1,419 total)

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.