Join Live Discussion

My spouse and I filed a joint tax return and our refund was offset for a debt that my spouse owes. What must I do to receive my portion of the refund?

Complete IRS Form 8379, which you can obtain by calling the IRS toll-free at (800) 829-3676 or by downloading the form from the IRS Web site at Link For assistance with completing the form, call your local IRS office or the IRS toll-free number (800) 829-1040.