Links – There are currently 3 IRS tools for advance Child Tax Credit, a 4th is coming later called CTC UP.
1. Non Filer Tool – https://www.irs.gov/…/advance-child-tax-credit-payments
2. Unenroll Tool – https://www.irs.gov/…/advance-child-tax-credit…
3. Check Eligibility Tool CTC Up – (to update children, bank account, mailing address, etc (NOT available yet.)
Y’all know this is gonna be a hot mess. Please join us so we can follow the live conversation on our main page -> igotmyrefund.com
The IRS will provide on IRS.gov a Child Tax Credit Update Portal (CTC UP) before the first payments begin, which initially will allow you solely to elect not to receive advance Child Tax Credit payments during 2021. More functionality will be added later this year that will allow you to:
- Update your mailing address;
- Update your bank account information;
- Add or subtract the number of your qualifying children, including by reason of the birth or adoption of a child;
- Report a change in your marital status; and
- Report a change in your income.
More details will be provided regarding CTC UP through these questions and answers once the portal is available.