According to the IRS, Letter 12c is a Submission Processing Notice.
- Pre-printed notice indicating your return has been received
- The letter has check boxes to indicate information needed to process the return.
- The letter will explain what documents/forms are to needed.
- Return has not been processed and the Integrated Data Retrieval System (IDRS) indicates a 12c has been sent to the taxpayer.
- Reps will encourage you to return the requested information.
- After you return the notice with requested information, your return will then be treated