Join Live Discussion

WMR status bar disappeared

Home » Forums » General Discussion » 2019 Tax Season » WMR status bar disappeared

• Topic Starter
    Michelle

I have had one bar ever since being accepted on 1/17. I checked my status yesterday, 2/1, & my bars were gone along with my refund amount. Replaced with “your return is still being processed.” Along with TT 152

I don’t file EIC or ACTC

Has this happened to anyone else?

Viewing 42 replies - 601 through 642 (of 642 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Kyle

I am getting the following message but I have no children, therefore I don’t get either of those credits and I have a very simple 1040 EZ return. Is anyone else getting this same message;

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds before mid-February for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits.

Check Where’s My Refund in mid- to late February for your personalized refund status. It’s updated once a day and remains the best way to check the status of your refund.

AMS

For anyone receiving the your tax return is still being processed. Arefubd date will be provided when available.
    TT 152

What IRS number did you call to speak to someone?

Sam

Update: After 3 days of not having the bars, checked the website this morning and my DDD is there, so make a long story short, disappearing bars does not mean anything other than computer system can not provide an update, unless you are notified by mail, it means your file is being processed! Good luck all.

Michelle

Update:

I was finally able to view both transcripts this morning.
    846 code – 2/13

Jmp

Just spokewith irs. I have selected for ID verification. Letter wont come till March 21st. So we are looking at our refund possibly in April. Very highly disappointed!!!

BLW85

I had this happen to me a couple of years ago. Apparently the IRS randomly pulls a small percentage of tax payers returns and verifies for identify theft. Once my bars disappeared about 4-5 weeks later I got a letter from the IRS where I had to call and speak with an agent. They verified a few things from my prior years tax return as well as asked personal ID questions to me. It was about 2 days after that when I checked wmr and got my DDD.

Sam

Ronnie, what is PATH message? Did you ever see the bars? Or you never saw them after it was accepted?

Ronnie

Mine was accepted 1/14 still have the path message no bars

Sam

Mine was accepted on January 30th, bars disappeared 2 days ago, Called IRS, got lucky and they transferred me to another department and she took about 4 min to look up my account and gave my the refund value that was correct and said my tax was processed and direct deposit scheduled for Feb 12th! Bars still missing, not sure if this is really the case or I am under review.

Cheryl F.
    @cherylf

My bars disappeared on 1/31 and have not come back as of yet. I am sure hoping for an update Saturday. No ECI or ACTC..

Cheryl

Steve

Same here.

Filed 1/22
    Accepted 1/28

WMR was showing one bar every morning I’ve checked it until today. Now it says “Your tax return is still being processed…” with no bar and no refund amount anymore.

Steve

This happened to me this morning. Same tax situation, no dependents/no credits. It’s worrisome.

Savannah

My bars are still gone and have been since Saturday

Nick

I filed 1/21
    Accepted 1/22

However, around two days ago (Feb. 5), the bars disappeared and I received the message: “Your return is still being processed” and the amount of refund was gone.

I woke up this morning, checked around 6 a.m. and it was the same thing. Went back to bed; woke up around 9 a.m and figured I’d check again for the heck of it, and my bars are back! With a DD date of 2/11.

So, if you get the message, don’t worry. I’ve never had this happen before on any tax year and I don’t receive EITC or ACTC (I do get the regular child tax credit, though).

My guess is these delays could be caused by the gov’t shutdown. That’s just a guess, but hang in there.

Danielle

@Michelle u r fine I have had that message a couple years in a row before the path act started

Lexi Langham

I filed 1/28/2019
    Accepted same day
    Had bar up till I checked today.
    Says I’m inputting info wrong. Called the hotline tells me I need to wait till my refund is accepted??? It was accepted so what’s the issue?

Annie

Having the same issue. Got accepted on 1/22 and had 1 bar until yesterday 02/05. My refund amount is no longer on th left side . No bars and message saying it’s still being processed and a date will be provided when available and then TR 152. Only thing different this year is my last name changed but i did that months ago. Called the IRS and was basically told that it should be fine not to call unless WMR prompted me to or gave me an error. Also said if I didn’t get my refund or an update by Feb 18th then I could call. Really hoping it’s just a glitch. Please post updates if anyone has anything ! I thanks

Michele

Update: my bars reappeared today along with DDD of 2/8.

Ash

@andrew

It is possible if you file earlier than the day they start accepting returns to be chosen as part of a test batch. Do some research before spouting off at the mouth.

Jmp

Mine also had a bar but it’s now gone. WMR is saying I may not have entered info correctly. I am about to freak. Does anyone have any answers as to why its saying this? Mine was accepted 1/28.

Andrew

The bars disappearing happens to people every year and it usually means nothing.

Andrew

@Aderius Scott

If the IRS hasn’t started processing returns than how are people getting refunds already? Next time, try using your brain before lying.

Andrew

@Sara

It has nothing to do with Marketplace insurance, that’s just ridiculous.

Sara

If you had marketplace insurance for even a day or applied but never actually got it or one of your dependents got it and you didn’t provide that on your return, TT 152 and missing bars can mean you’ll get a letter in 30 days and your return will be eventually re-processed about 6 weeks after, refund 3 weeks after that. As long as you filed an accurate return, it’s probably nothing. The sucky part of filing before 1/31 is you’re likely to overlook something that didn’t show up until the first week of February.

Dev

Same thing! It’s driving me nuts.
    Filed 1/30 accepted same day and it disappeared this morning.

Dennis

Same thing happened to me. I have the EIC and ACTC credits but nothing has changed from last year. hopefully its a quick review by the IRS.

lulu

Filled 01/24 and got accepted the same day. Had one bar for a week and now I don’t have any bars and it says still processing with tt 152. I have never had this happen.

KatB

me too . . . I hope this means they are finally doing something with them and we will see some actual movement soon. Filed /accepted 1/22, no EIC/ACTC

Trav45
    @trav45

Same boat… my bars and refund amount disappeared this morning.

Aderius Scott

I called the IRS and the rep said they haven’t even started processing the 2018 returns yet.

Malinda01

I also have lost all bars and a message that says something about refund will not be issued to mid to late feb. due to eic. But still have tax Topic 152

Michele

I filed and was accepted 1/17. Had WMR Barnsley to refund received with refund amount to the side and tt152 below. 2/1 bars and refund amount disappeared. Have a message stating “return is still being processed. Refund date will be provided when available” with tt152 below it. Never had this happen before and the only difference between this years filing and other is that I had 2 w-2s as I switched jobs early last year. Waiting to see what happens. Please post any updates to your situation. Thanks!

Michele

Infiled and was accepted 1/17. Had WMR Barnsley to refund received with refund amount to the side and tt152 below. 2/1 bars and refund amount disappeared. Have a message stating “return is still being processed. Refund date will be provided when available” with tt152 below it. Never had this happen before and the only difference between this years filing and other is that I had 2 w-2s as I switched jobs early last year. Waiting to see what happens. Please post any updates to your situation. Thanks!

Ef

Filed 1/25
    Accepted 1/28
    Had one bar as is 2/2
    I had bar saying RETURN RECIEVED, THEN NOTHING WITH TOPIC 152.
    I called a tax info line and they said that means they are being processed and finished as soon as all information is verified. Then once its verified the status will change. The process time depends on the irs agent and case load.
    So if passes 21 days and no info on WMR, then you can call IRS.

Savannah

Good to know it’s just me. Filed on 1/23, was accepted 1/25. Was showing received and tax topic 152. Now is saying received but is showing no bars and has been like this since yesterday.

Samantha

I filed 1/26 and was accepted 1/28

It’s telling me that the returns filed a Utah the EITC and the ACTC won’t be accepted until mid or late February. I didn’t file these credits . Is anyone else getting this ?

Igotmyrefundlover
    @sweettouch

Me 2.. Gone no info. But i know thats lie. So i say glitch!!

Dani

Mine did the same thing y’all

Ronda

Can anyone tell me why some people (me) don’t have a screen that shows bars at all? I’ve never had that on my taxes , where there is a bar to show progress?

Nakita S

Yes mine did the same thing. My return was accepted on 1/14/19 and I had a bar but I went back and checked it said no information is available about your refund. Then is has TT 152. I have any questions then I should use reference number 9001? I didn’t file EIC or ACTC.

JayJ

Filed 1/28
    Accepted 1/29
    Had one bar as is 2/1
    I go to enter INFORMATION the system tells me I may have entered INFORMATION incorrectly to try again. I did and it said the same thing.

AK

mine says the same

Viewing 42 replies - 601 through 642 (of 642 total)
  • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.