Take action under review

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Take action under review

• This topic has 105 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Mandy.
  • Topic Starter
    Missy

How many people got the horrible take action your under review with tax topic 151. I was just wondering if I’m in this boat with only a couple people or If there is alot of us out there.

Filed 2/2
      Accepted 2/2
      Bars went missing last saturday wake up to this today

Viewing 104 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mandy
          @mandy11

@Twyshay how long after contacting them did it take for them to finish it up? I did the same and they told me that they sent in a refund release but due to Covid-19 their out of the office currently in that department.

Twyshay

After waiting since January, reaching out to IRS, and the main source of help: The Congressman! I have finally received a date to receive my refund!!! DON”T GIVE UP HOPE

Becca

My taxes are under a 60 review that 60 days will be up on may 9th and when I get on the irs website it says to check with my tax preparer and check if I got a file acknowledgment email what does that mean should I mail my taxes in also but I did receive my stimulus check and the extra money for my child and this is the first year the dad and I are filing Seperate so how did they have gotten my taxes just haven’t released my money and I don’t owe any debt so what’s going on

NisaNisa

I have yet to receive mine as well. I filed on 01/27/2020. They told me it will take up to 60 days to review and I am unable to contact IRS. I still have not received anything.

Ann Bowers

I filed on 1/13/20 and was accepted and never got my refund by 3/1/20 called irs and was told my refund was in review 2/24/20 and would take 45 day’s and now it’s been 50 days and I never received a letter or notice telling me anything about it as of 4/14/20 still nothing and now can’t call

Nando623

I filed early, it was received around 1/22/20. February 15th my status says I’m under review. I should receive a letter within 30 calendar days… Tomorrow would be 60 calendar days and I still have not received any and only partial refund. I have not been able to get a hold of anyone and now with the coronavirus virus, offices are either closed or impossible to get through when calling the IRS. What an I supposed to do?

Lovelygrl

Still not showing on wmar mailed 3/2. Trans updated to 4-27 today though that’s it.

GoFigure

@AngryAnnie
                        Why would being in review have anything to do with Stimulus ???

Angry Annie

Filed 1/25
                          Accepted 1/27
                          Bars disappeared 2/5
                          Received review letter 2/19
                          Called IRS and spoke with some one 3/24 – still no information.
                          Still sitting here like a dumb dummy with no refund 4/2

Question:
                          Does anyone know if being under review will affect receiving the stimulus payment?

WorkingFather

Take action with tax topic 151, got paperwork from irs yesterday and my eic and actc under review getting supporting documents together to fax to them and will keep everyone posted when I get a update!

Lovelygrl

I’ve been on a 30-45 day review since 1-24 they are lying obviously and are now home. Barely anyone is working. Y’all see the news😥

Confused@@@@

@Ash so your 151 was only for state taxes owe? And you have to wait 45 days does the 45 days start from the date you receive the tax topic 151? And did you also have take action? Thank you your response in advance

Ash

I filed on jan 17th. Said accepted then bar dissapeared. I called they said they randomly selected people for further review. I’ve always
                                  Claimed head of house hold and claimed my 1 child. Nothing different in 10 years. I got a letter they applied my state towards something. But IRs said nothing is holding my refund except the review.. does it really take 45 days??

Sarah

Why is all this happening everyone’s seems to be under review my fiences is under review and they already released his state for a offset so how are they under review ?

thicks
                                      @thicks

@patientviv41, unfortunately, I don’t have enough familiarity with IRS processing practices to flesh out why you’re experiencing a delay. Did you receive a refund? Maybe the IRS is questioning your eligibility for the credits. The only thing I can think of to suggest is contacting your tax preparer.

Krystle
                                        @ladycalalily

Lovelygrl

I hope not, it took until 3/2 to finally find out what was wrong with ours. I’m going to call on Monday to make sure they got my paperwork.

Lovelygrl

@ladycalalily cool we won’t have too long hopefully

Krystle
                                            @ladycalalily

we have take action on ours, our eic is under review. I faxed our paperwork today.

Lovelygrl

Updates? Did y’all fax or mail anything? I mailed and amended 2 weeks ago

Pissedviv
                                                @patientviv41

@tryingtopatientlywait

I have no offset or anything. Very confusing and annoying Smdh

Pissedviv
                                                  @patientviv41

@tryingtopatientlywait @thicks… I tripled checked with the person who did my taxes… and my bank. No errors. But I still haven’t received anything.

Erica
                                                    @tryingtopatientlywait

Yeah, I assumed that you already checked with your bank by this point in time. But @thicks is right, check your bank info and check with your bank, as well.

thicks
                                                      @thicks

@patientviv41, what does your WMR say? You may need to confirm that your routing and account #s were correct. Contact your bank.

The only other thing I can think of, since you say the amount is only for your withholding, is that while that has been cleared, the IRS is still reviewing the credits you have claimed.

Erica
                                                        @tryingtopatientlywait

*you’re…sorry.

Erica
                                                          @tryingtopatientlywait

@patientviv41 At the risk of redundancy, have you received any letters? Have you called the IRS or reached out to a tax advocate? The tax code 420 means ‘Examination of tax return’. You can definitely call in and get more info about your missing refund. Looks like either your refund was applied to a debt, held up for another reason or your really missing your refund.

Pissedviv
                                                            @patientviv41

@tryingtopatientlywait And @thicks

The date on the 846 code is 2/26 for which has passed and the amount was only for my withholding… that I still haven’t received. Smdh I don’t know what’s going on.

thicks
                                                              @thicks

@patientviv41, I believe 846 means your refund has been approved. Is there a date behind “846”?

Erica
                                                                @tryingtopatientlywait

@patientviv41 You’re good to go! 846 is the refund issued code. What date is beside 846? That’s your direct deposit date (DDD).

Pissedviv
                                                                  @patientviv41

@tryingtoparientlywait
                                                                  On codes I have are the credit codes, 810, 811 and 420 and 846. My cycle ends in 0505. As of date 3/16

IdidntgetREFUND.yet

I know some has been waiting longer. For me its 19 Days, No State or Fed return yet! Filed/Accepted on Feb 18.. Fed still says accepted with 152 code, State just says no record? Idk, just gets frustrating!!

Erica
                                                                      @tryingtopatientlywait

@Pissedviv Do you have any of the problematic codes: 570, 871, etc? If so, those have to be resolved first and it’s supposed to be done before your AOD. Also, keep in mind that if you’re a Daily, the info can change/update on Tuesday. If you’re a Weekly, the info will only update once a week (Friday). If your AOD has passed, call the IRS and be referred to a Tax Adocate ASAP!

PinkPather

I got my state refund, so maybe feds will follow suit soon

• #4390578
                                                                        PinkPather

@Carrie
                                                                          Me too!!

• #4390576
                                                                          Carrie
                                                                            @cadkins85

Both my as of date and processing date have been for 3/2/20 since the first time I checked my transcripts…I have a 570 for 3-2 and a 971 for 3-9 that is holding me up. Seen on here where other people have had similar codes and still received their ddd so I’m hoping I get that lucky.

• #4390570
                                                                            Pissedviv
                                                                              @patientviv41

@tryingtopatientlywait

I have a “as of date” for 3/16/2020. Does this mean I will see by refund before this date??

• #4389694
                                                                              Erica
                                                                                @tryingtopatientlywait

(Cont’d) If you see that the AOD has changed, that means that they need more time. I found this out through my own experience, multiple calls to the IRS and a tax advocate, plus researching the IRS TC Manuel. I really hope this tidbit helps someone with their wait.

• #4389693
                                                                                Erica
                                                                                  @tryingtopatientlywait

I hope that this info proves to be helpful: once your return is processed (processing date will be available when your transcript is complete), the AS OF DATE is what’s important. Everything must be complete, including TC 846, before the AS OF DATE.

• #4389676
                                                                                  Twinkle33

My brother has take action on his WMR but he received notification of an audit and had to send in additional paperwork so his is an audit and not a review for the EIC.

• #4388827
                                                                                    Beep

I always just got a letter that mine is under review. I really hate this, 60 days is so long I’ve already been waiting for a month.

• #4388729
                                                                                      Missy

@ lovelygirl was it for eic or something else. I wonder if I should just amend mine too.

• #4388684
                                                                                        Lovelygrl

@missy yes I do. Mailed an amended off so I know I’ll be waiting till April. But 45 or 60 nah..it will be 45 days by the time my amended process.i put w2s, 1099 etc in it smh

• #4388407
                                                                                          lovelyn

yea I’ve been having the same issues and I just recieved the letter regarding the 60 days to review ..please keep me updated as I will to you

• #4386226
                                                                                            Missy

@lovelygirl do you have take action on your wmr?

• #4386210
                                                                                              Lovelygirl

@Chloe did your wmr say TAKE ACTION?? Did you have a tax advocate???

• #4386208
                                                                                                Briana

I went to go check my status and my bars was gone and it said take action they received my return but its being reviewed

• #4386189
                                                                                                  Mm

No change for me either smh. I can’t see my transcripts but the app nor website updated for me. I hope I don’t have to wait the whole 60 days idk what to do

• #4386083
                                                                                                    Chloe
                                                                                                      @rhood1208

Like I’ve been saying, these reviews are stall tactics in most cases to give IRS more time. They had computer issues. Many 4464c letter receivers including myself, got an update today for DDD of 3/4.

From what I can see, we were all in batch of letters sent 2/20. I called an asked to expedite review due to hardship, but others did not and have update. I bet many of you will have update for DDD of 3/9, that’s next deposit after 3/4

• #4386056
                                                                                                      Missy

No change for me
                                                                                                        ..I’m so frustrated

• #4385997
                                                                                                        Lovelygirl

Yeah and a lot of people have take action on their wmr. but they wont comment just looking. it would be nice to compare convos with agents, transcripts etc..

• #4385969
                                                                                                          Elca
                                                                                                            @lcar

That’s so weird to be audited just because we claimed EITC. Not every person that claims EITC is suspicious. I’ve claimed it since 2013.

• #4385947
                                                                                                            Lovelygrl

They may decide not to. But a rep said that to me also

• #4385573
                                                                                                              Missy

Yeah that’s what they said. It so weird. Just dont know why. I have the same return as always a simple 1 too

• #4385571
                                                                                                                Elca
                                                                                                                  @lcar

Audited just for EITC though?

• #4385359
                                                                                                                  Lovelygrl

Missy your being audited..as the rep told you. thats what take action means further review..state and fed are seperate. irs audit is fed

• #4385232
                                                                                                                    SteveD

@Elca

846 3-27-2019

• #4385229
                                                                                                                      SteveD

@Elca

846 2-22-2018

• #4385190
                                                                                                                        Missy

They told me I was under a 60 day review for accuracy the first time and then when I called them again I purposely asked if I had an offset they said no I was being audited for eic. That I had no offset. Now I did through state they took that already could that affect my fed?

• #4385184
                                                                                                                          focused

151 can be many things not just offset i dont owe. i call daily to check offset line

• #4385178
                                                                                                                            Chloe
                                                                                                                              @rhood1208

@Missy 151 means an offset

• #4385166
                                                                                                                              Missy

I did call and they gave me 2 different stories. So their is no real way to know the truth until I get a letter or just get my money. This is crazy stupid.

• #4385165
                                                                                                                                focused

151 on wmr is not 570 on transcripts. 151 is a different hold take action and call irs or wait on letter

• #4385164
                                                                                                                                  focused

Any updates on transcripts?? my as of date changed to march 16. was stuck at 2-17 for a month

• #4385163
                                                                                                                                    Missy

Did anyone wake up this morning with a change on their transcripts with a 151 on wmr? Alot of people are getting the 571 code resolved on their transcripts. I can’t see mine so was wondering If 151 is a real review or audit or we have hope too.

• #4385113
                                                                                                                                      Elca
                                                                                                                                        @lcar

@SteveD
                                                                                                                                        So when did you get your refund the prior year?

• #4385032
                                                                                                                                        SteveD

I was under random review last year. no major changes in my return for the previous 8 years. It’s random, they give no answers, mail shit tons of letters, etc. In fact, I got my refund after speaking with a tax advocate and mailing in pay stubs on 3/27, yet on 5/29 I got a letter saying they needed more time and where the amount of days was supposed to be, it was blank! lol

Has nothing to do with filing early, turbotax or anything.

This year I filed 1/31 and got my DDD 2/26.

• #4385003
                                                                                                                                          Tani

File turbo tax
                                                                                                                                            2/13
                                                                                                                                            Eic/ ctc
                                                                                                                                            Claimed nephews
                                                                                                                                            Only received 1500 they are holding the rest for a review I think
                                                                                                                                            Haven’t got any letter but my wmr updated on last sat to
                                                                                                                                            Take action
                                                                                                                                            Reviewing your turn please do not call until after ur letter.
                                                                                                                                            Has anyone gotten this

• #4384982
                                                                                                                                            Elca
                                                                                                                                              @lcar

Somethings gotta give. They aren’t answering our questions!

• #4384888
                                                                                                                                              LolaR

The guy we talked to said we were under random review. We also have TT 152 on WMR. We have a 971 code but have received no letter yet. Not sure exactly what’s going on but this isn’t the first battle we’ve dealt with with the irs. Hope it works out for all of you!

• #4384830
                                                                                                                                                TaxCane10

I filed on 28th and was accepted
                                                                                                                                                  Last Saturday I got the tax topic 151
                                                                                                                                                  I received half of my refund yesterday.

For those of you who just filed and received the Take action review on WMR: They will release half of your refund but will hold on to the credits on your original DDD.
                                                                                                                                                  I didn’t claim kids, just education credits which they are holding onto. 🙄
                                                                                                                                                  I am waiting for a letter, if any. If I dont receive anything within two weeks, I will make a phone call.

• #4384772
                                                                                                                                                  Lovebunny

@Annoyed101

Me. 😔

• #4384737
                                                                                                                                                    niya

Code 570

• #4378591
                                                                                                                                                      Lcolson425

Going back to old fashion mail return. Did it a few years ago was faster than this bs

• #4378513
                                                                                                                                                        Target

@Sarah, any word on why?

• #4378485
                                                                                                                                                          SaraH

I filed Jan. 24 accepted same day. CTC and EIC, new job this year and switched dependants with my ex to claim daughter, he claims son. Got TT advance never any movement on WMR. Called IRS Friday said still reviewing return, should have DD by 1st. Called back yesterday, they said I was under review. The review would START March 9 and could take up to 45 days. Wth???

• #4377627
                                                                                                                                                            focused

.any updates

• #4377194
                                                                                                                                                              focused

I am done with turbo also..but they said they mailed me a letter this past friday..nothing yet

• #4376757
                                                                                                                                                                Annoyed101
                                                                                                                                                                  @annoyed101

Has anyone been told by the IRS that no letter was sent yet they are still under review?

• #4376654
                                                                                                                                                                  The Bomar

@focused TT has lost my business from this point forward. Lot of people that have filed with them are having bunch of issues. I’ll switch to Credit Karma next year or something.

• #4376446
                                                                                                                                                                    focused

@ bob no 570…420 exam code

• #4376428
                                                                                                                                                                      Bob
                                                                                                                                                                        @tripline123

Does everyone that is under review or have a 570 code show an amount on your account transcript as an account balance (negative number)? I have 570 code, but my account transcript shows a negative number (which is an account balance) which is the same as my return amount.A negative number is a good thing, just wondering if this means my return was processed just waiting for the hold to be lifted.

• #4376395
                                                                                                                                                                        focused

Same here @The Bomar
                                                                                                                                                                          told me I hadnt been classified and that it may not be audit or exam. Said a letter was since Feb 21. I filed in January. they released withholdings in Jan and not my school credit yet..still no letter yet and no notice 971 code yet either. sounds like some people got caught in this by error? turbotax maybe..

• #4376369
                                                                                                                                                                          The Bomar

Spent about two hours on the phone this morning, two different calls, one trying to make an appointment with the local office just to meet with someone face to face to go over all the things they are “auditing”. All the worry, the confusion, the stress, and all of that just to be told that I might not even be getting audited..that I have to wait the next 30 days to simply find out if I’m going to be audited, but currently I’m not and no clue if I will be. Glorious freaking time.

• #4371920
                                                                                                                                                                            The Bomar

My letter comes in today so, here’s to hoping this is painless.

• #4370158
                                                                                                                                                                              PinkPather

@missy
                                                                                                                                                                                U create account on mysocial security at dsa gov. Quick and easy it’ll give u all your earnings from your whole life working. Look for 2019

• #4370105
                                                                                                                                                                                Missy

I don’t know where to even look on the ssa.gov site to even know. I just pray for all of us in this situation. That we dont have to spend months dealing with it.

• #4369891
                                                                                                                                                                                  Jess

We forgot a W2 and we got the take action. Im in hopes we just have to amend and we dont have to verify EVERYTHING

• #4369769
                                                                                                                                                                                    PinkPather

Is SSA.gov showing your 2019 earned
                                                                                                                                                                                      income??

• #4369766
                                                                                                                                                                                      JAKE

@Focused – keep calm. Let the IRS do their thing. You might have to settle up or everything might be good to go. Chin up. Should not worry about something you have no control over currently right? :)

• #4369760
                                                                                                                                                                                        Focused

151 take action no reference number. Since January. Holding education in review i told..transcript code 420

• #4369646
                                                                                                                                                                                          Target

@Missy, occasionally, the IRS randomly select. In yrs past, you never had an issue, this yr you are one of the choosen! Honestly the idverify isn’t always a taxing (pun intended), ordeal. Some cases are as simple as confirming some info on return.

• #4369638
                                                                                                                                                                                            Eden Jantz

@Missy
                                                                                                                                                                                              I had id verify a few yrs ago. As soon as I got the still processing screen I scheduled an app at the local it’s office. I didn’t get the letter from irs until 3 weeks after I id verified. If that’s a possibility for you I would just do that. They didnt need a letter and it was really quick

• #4369589
                                                                                                                                                                                              Missy

@ Brett. Thank you very much for this info. Then it must just be I need to ID verify. I dont get it I never have had any issues and nothing on my end has changed in years. I wish I would just get my letter already. Cant read my transcripts cuz student loans dont Match for some stupid reason. I tell ya just another way of holding on to our hard earned money. I’m going to work and changing my dependents now. I work hard for my money to just keep getting screwed by the gov.

• #4369509
                                                                                                                                                                                                Brett
                                                                                                                                                                                                  @ultraclutch9

@missy

If you got an advance you dont have offsets you wouldnt be approved because the govt needs there koney before they ship your refund to you I had an offset the past 2 tear and since 2012 when they started the RAL TO RA now I was denied those 2 years I had an offset every other year was approved for one including this year

• #4369506
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Missy

Did anyone else on here being reviewed get a tax advance? I dont know If that could be the reason. Went through tt and it seems if I owe the irs I wouldnt get it cuz they wouldnt get their money back. Still so confusing.

• #4369230
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Focused

Same here

• #4368547
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Missy

Well keep me posted maybe it’s just a mix up I pray

• #4368492
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Pissedviv
                                                                                                                                                                                                          @patientviv41

@missy
                                                                                                                                                                                                          My issue date says 2/26

• #4368465
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Missy

When was your issue date with the 846?

• #4368369
                                                                                                                                                                                                            lee9911

same here

• #4368364
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Tj

Yea same this is bs

• #4368196
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Missy

I wish I could read my transcripts. I’m so mad to I just dont understand at all. Nothing has changed in 5 yrs. For me all but new job

• #4368277
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Djb

My transcripts have 846 but wmr says take action has anyone ever had this and received their refund without wmr updating?

• #4368216
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Tani

I got tax topic 151 take action idk what that means
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Filed new depenedants 2/13
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Added new address diff from w-2
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Claimed eic this year
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Is it safe to just call haven’t received the letter
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      My wmr says
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Return is being reviewed we are requesting additional information you may not receive all or part of your refund untill we receive

Pls help

• #4368182
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Pissedviv
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @patientviv41

Same here but on transcript I have code 846 for 2/26 but about is way less…. I’m so 😡

• #4368154
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        The Bomar

Got this same notification today. Curious as to what it means or how long/terrible this is going to be.

Filed: 1/31
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Accepted: 1/31

Viewing 104 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.