Santa Barbara Tax Group

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season Santa Barbara Tax Group

• Topic Starter
    Kastokes
      @kastokes

Santa Barbara Tax Group is gonna hold those refunds as long as they can. Two days of interest adds up to a lot. They already have the funds, just like all the other folks getting their return already without paying fees.

I worked in banking. These transactions are instant and overnight via the federal reserve. Banks don’t “receive” money at 9am or any time during the day. They just release it to you then. Just FYI.

Expect refunds from Tax Group advances to start hitting tomorrow evening and Thursday morning.

Viewing 135 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Nydia Arana
          @niageo

I am curious to know what happened to the remaining more than half of my refund? I received less than half of the expected amount of money in my account. Still yet have not received the remainder money. Nobody answers the phone. I waited one hour and 50 min the other day with no answer. Turbo tax indicates accepted. And I paid extra for audits. I want answers!!

Jenny04
            @jenny04

My deposit is for 3/30, when should it hit my bank? Any ideas???

Genedee

Anyone paying fees and having it sent to cashapp? Have a ddd of 3/16/2022? Get there deposit yet? I’m waiting patiently

Code 846 Guy

@Jessica nothing yet. Still says unfunded. Hoping for an evening deposit if not an early morning one tomorrow. CK really had me with the up to five days early claim lol. DDD of 03/09/2022

Jessica

Has anyone received a check from SBTPG yet?

Teddah

I finally received my DD today. I was one of the early filers who had a ddd of 2/9/22, and didn’t receive it on time – claimed all credits. Sbtpg still says unfunded. If you’re given your ddd give it an additional 3 weeks if you’re not given a letter or sent to the errors dept. They’re slower than usual this year for some.

britiny

HAS ANYONE RECIEVED THEIR CHECK ?

Re

Has anyone received there refund through cash app I had to have my fees taken out of my refund and the SBTPG received it on March 1st my DDD was for March 2nd I got a notification from cash app at 443am I filed with Free Tax USA my federal refund was free but $14.99 for state and since I couldn’t pay it at that time a extra $19.99 was taken out of my account for state that I didn’t even need to do but had to so my refund amount after Free Tax USA $34.98 would be a little over $11,000

KQ

Meghan

Pissed off

The irs accepted my refund the 24th I don’t have my money! Nothing is pending! Bills are due! No number to speak to a real person, I’m pissed off!

Lala26

I was on the phone with Chime, TurboTax, & this bank. They have had my return since 2/19/22 & claim to have sent it to Chime & said my account was closed. I just got my paycheck so that isn’t true. A cashiers check was cut that morning so they said nothing can be done & charged for DD & cashiers check. Chime never received anything from this bank. I won’t be using them again.

Miguel

They received my refund on the 11th, it’s been funded but they are saying that my bank declined the direct deposit. Called my bank and they said they had no record of it being sent over and SBTPG is saying they have to send a cashiers check, I’ve been calling every day for the last week and a half and they still haven’t sent out my check and can’t answer me as to why the direct deposit was rejected even though they direct deposited 30$ into my checking account for an overcharge on the fee

Blue moon

@Corey cash app will reject your deposit if it’s over 10k

Darena
                                    @jerena

Still nothing, 12:30 central… I use Varo.. my crap says deposit date 2-23.. I’m so livid!!

Corey

TT fees from return sbtg cash app
                                      Filed 1/23 accepted 1/24
                                      DDD 2/24
                                      Sbtg funded and sent 2/23
                                      Cash app has shown pending my 12k return since 6:23am and continue to give me the 1-5 day script.
                                      Email said it’ll be available soon. 623am .I’m so upset with them right now. I’ve never had this issue ever. I’m sure it’ll drop soon by 3-4 pm but still upset

Monee
                                        @monee

[quote quote=4517263]I use Varo, which always pays as soon as they get the Pre-ACH, that a deposit will hit.. I still have no money and turbo is paid and It shows funded deposit as of 2-23[/quote]
                                        Same here. I’m trying not to call and to be patient

Darena
                                          @jerena

I use Varo, which always pays as soon as they get the Pre-ACH, that a deposit will hit.. I still have no money and turbo is paid and It shows funded deposit as of 2-23

Westcoastbestcoast
                                            @winnermade

Mine just hit Chim 4am. Used crappy TT fees processed by SBTPG. Good luck everyone!

LostAndConfused

Mine finally hit about 5 mins ago while reading posts on here

Chime DDD 2/24

Michelle M
                                                @michellem

Hubby woke up around 330 am cst and deposit was there…. funded yesterday…. now time to get my little man much needed things

bmar808

CK dropped!!! 2/24 DDD. SBTPG funded 2/23 with advance and fees.

Tahnee

Mine says funded and deposited the 23rd. My original dd date was the 24th( today) and still nothing in my bank account.

Ella1213

If your DDD is 2/24 and hen I’m not sure why anyone is freaking out because the haven’t received it by 2/23 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄 trust me I want my money too but I’m not gonna gripe on the 23rd about not receiving it yet… common sense.
                                                      All SBBTG is, is the middle man for the transaction since ORS isn’t a banking entity

Dawn
                                                        @angeleyesd78

SBTG says FUNDED in green and fees were pd. When you open up the fees section, an extra charge of $40 from “1st refund deposit”. Its SBTG. There is an email link on the SBTG, let them know the extra charge needs to be refunded or taken off before refund hits. I sent an email last night, it was removed.

Dawn
                                                          @angeleyesd78

Funds deposited to clients will usually hit deposit method within 1 to 2 business days from SBTG dated..So if the site saying refunded 2/23, Then next business day would make our original ddd 2/24.

Ashley
                                                            @nor7

Unfortunately no one can file a class action lawsuit. If you read the terms and conditions that you had to agree to in order to file your return and get fees taken out of receive an advance you agreed to their arbitration agreement. No lawsuit will holdup and you would have to go through the arbitration process.

[quote quote=4516698]Margo Singer[/quote]

Edixon

My dd is 2/24 was suppose to be sent to my bank but it’s sayin cashiers check why is that

Margo Singer

I wouldn’t be surprised if they get a class action suit for this year. On their website they your depositing refunds once the get notification from the bank. Also with Green Dot being a parent company it should be instant into any green dot product, but no they charged fees to deposit into it’s parent company. Such a scam

Michelle M
                                                                  @michellem

7:58 pm cst Still no deposit,I was funded around 1pm today.

TheWaitingGame

@Eli I’m still unfunded as well. Not sure what’s going on.

Eli

Still unfunded Ddd 2/24
                                                                      Any advice?

Kristen82

Has anyone who had to go through SBTG got their refund? A ton of us were updated to funded but yet no one has seen their refund yet. At least from what I can tell reading post. I would like to see one person (non chimer sorry lol) get their deposit.

• #4516546
                                                                        Jessica
                                                                          @luvhippie

TPG updated to funded and refund sent at noon today it’s now 537pm. I had it sent to my turbo Visa card. Still have not received. Called Greendot bank and they don’t see it pending. Funny cause Greendot owns TPG as well… even the Greendot card people said if they had sent it to this particular card it would have updated into my account immediately. TPG didn’t send shite

• #4516543
                                                                          Refund101

Very frustrating been funded and released since this morning even called sbtpg the automated messages has even changes says a payment was sent to me via DD 2/23 but yet no movement in my netspend account of the last 4 years 2018 2020 2021 deposit hits by 4:40pm EST in 2019 bit was 9:40pm all the night before so hopefully it will hit my account by then since it wasn’t at 4:40 this time

• #4516540
                                                                            Eli

Still unfunded at 5:29 est
                                                                              DDD 2/24
                                                                              Super nervous

• #4516518
                                                                              Jae22

Yea supposed to have been sent but I know that if it was sent to Chime, with whom I bank with, it would be funded immediately. That’s what I don’t understand. It says it’s been funded but in actuality, it hasn’t been. Crooked if you ask me. Holding for interest. And the bad thing is, people that get a refund are in the lower tax brackets, which are ones that need it the most.

• #4516506
                                                                                Melissa

Funded on sbtgp means that the funds were sent to your bank? I have chase and have a ddd for 2/24.

• #4516472
                                                                                  Tawana

Good afternoon everyone 😊 wanted to let everyone one that your money will be provided to you in 15 minutes. I am putting this in the atmosphere 😀🤚

• #4516470
                                                                                    Jae22

Still waiting myself. It’s like they haven’t released the funds. I have Chime and know they won’t hold it, they release when they receive notification of deposits. It’s ridiculous that they won’t release the funds.

• #4516461
                                                                                      Mel

Nothing updated at bank yet. I’m hoping to see something pending soon, but it may also just go straight into the account hopefully.

• #4516418
                                                                                        Annie

For those of you who’s status on SBTG went from unknown to funded and then deposited, how longer after your status changed to funded did it take to hit your bank account? This morning at around 11 my status was unknown, I just checked at 3pm and it changed to funded but still waiting on it to hit my bank account.

• #4516382
                                                                                          Jae22

EST here, NC

• #4516381
                                                                                            Westcoastbestcoast
                                                                                              @winnermade

[quote quote=4516380]Anyone get DD with Chime yet? Everything is completed on SBTPG website but still no deposit.[/quote]

Nope. I’m on west coast though so hoping it will hit anytime!

• #4516380
                                                                                              Jae22

Anyone get DD with Chime yet? Everything is completed on SBTPG website but still no deposit.

• #4516371
                                                                                                Vee

SBTG still shows me unfunded. Filed TT, advance thru CK, DDD 2/24/22. I’ll check again this evening.

• #4516358
                                                                                                  George floyd

I’m sitting this one out this year.

• #4516356
                                                                                                    George floyd

I’m sitting this tax year out, taking a break.

• #4516354
                                                                                                      Bodagirl

Mine updated. All fees taken out and it says it was distributed. Bank hasn’t updated.

• #4516353
                                                                                                        A
                                                                                                          @asfe777

Finally updated to Funded!! Yayy!! just waiting on deposit. I was surpised because I had a Code 203 which may mean some sort of Offset but they did not take anything out. But thankful, can not afford any losses at the moment. Good luck to everyone else.

• #4516260
                                                                                                          Mom2pa

Anyone see a deposit on their Walmart money card..I used to..fees taken out..everything is updated on the sbtpg page..just waiting to see the money on my card.

• #4516237
                                                                                                            bmar808

@Mike

Did you try checking today?..my DD is 2/24 and it was sent. Hoping for you it was just delayed and it was included in today’s batch?

• #4516132
                                                                                                              Cerebril
                                                                                                                @cerebril

mine updated still says unfunded but my fee changed from 79 to 39. im really nervous because ive had problems in the past.

• #4516108
                                                                                                                Ailena
                                                                                                                  @stovallac

My SBTPG showed funded since around 6am. Ddd is 2/24. Deposit is being sent to current but this is my first year using them for taxes. My unemployment usually got deposited around 3, but paychecks were deposited around 12. I wonder how it will be for my refund

• #4516089
                                                                                                                  Ashley
                                                                                                                    @nor7

@bmar808

Mine updated to funded a little bit ago but TT still says pending fees

[quote quote=4516080]I briefly <span id=”IL_AD4″ class=”IL_AD”>tried</span> TPG site but it didn’t load and I figure it’s overwhelmed. However, my TT is still showing payment pending. For anyone who received funded, if you paid with your refund, is your TT showing complete?

I’m not sure if that updates first as it’s my first time paying with my refund.[/quote]

• #4516212
                                                                                                                    bmar808

Thank you to everyone who explained how to see account on SBTPG!!

Mine now shows funded, fees taken, and sent. That extra fee was not taken too. TT is still showing payment pending though.🤷🏾‍♀️

• #4516209
                                                                                                                      Julz

Did anyone get theirs posted yet on credit karma card? The website just changed that Santa Barbara got the refund but nothing in my credit karma account yet. Thanks

• #4516200
                                                                                                                        Minka

What does it mean if reserve is the disbursement method?

• #4516195
                                                                                                                          Westcoastbestcoast
                                                                                                                            @winnermade

Just stalking my chime account. Nothing yet 😳

• #4516188
                                                                                                                            NAYNAY

YAYY JUST GOT MINE

• #4516186
                                                                                                                              NAYNAY

YAYYYY JUST GOT MINE

• #4516181
                                                                                                                                Cs82
                                                                                                                                  @cs82

Anyone who gets a unknown status on their page just sit there it will update!! Don’t refresh or nothing it took 5plus mins but it updated to funded! Hope this helps.

• #4516123
                                                                                                                                  WikkedWitch

I finally got on my page and it said everything is unknown now. It did say unfunded two days ago so I don’t know what’s going on. Nothing on anything of mine is updating at all I filed and accepted on the same day January 20th. I have a TT of 152. And have had to delayed message for probably 2 weeks now. No letters or notices. 🤷

• #4516094
                                                                                                                                    Bodagirl

I was able to get in sbtg. It took along time to load and just as long once I got in. After all the lines updated, they received the funds it said and took their money. So now just waiting for the deposit.
                                                                                                                                      So the 24th like the IRS stated.

• #4516093
                                                                                                                                      Troy

When you guys going to Santa Barbara web page put your information in there and just wait when the box come and you just check the box your going to have to wait a while it’s going to take a minute. that’s what happened to me and all your information will pop up there slowly so just be patient.

• #4516086
                                                                                                                                        Troy

Got my update from Santa Barbara Bank I bank with NetSpend every year my money comes a day earlier from my deposit date which is the 24th and I usually get my money around 4:35 eastern time today that’s what I get my deposits from NetSpend

• #4516085
                                                                                                                                          Mike21

No DD to CK yet

• #4516080
                                                                                                                                            bmar808

I briefly tried TPG site but it didn’t load and I figure it’s overwhelmed. However, my TT is still showing payment pending. For anyone who received funded, if you paid with your refund, is your TT showing complete?

I’m not sure if that updates first as it’s my first time paying with my refund.

• #4516073
                                                                                                                                              jimmeee

Anyone have their refund DD into CK card yet?

• #4516066
                                                                                                                                                Mike21

Sbtpg shows funded and fees taken out. Now just waiting for them to send to CK.

• #4516037
                                                                                                                                                  NAYNAY

SBTPG has said FUNDED since Friday 2/18, but when I called yesterday the lady told me its because they are not releasing the fund until the DDD 2/24. The funds should be in our accounts and available same day. If not then call your bank to see that they received the funds.

• #4516028
                                                                                                                                                    NAYNAY

SBTPG WEBSITE SHOWS:

IRS funding being processed

IRS funding is currently being processed and website access may be limited as records are processed and account information is being updated.

• #4515976
                                                                                                                                                      A
                                                                                                                                                        @asfe777

They have a message that pops up now that basically says IRS funding is currently being processed and website access may be limited as records are processed and account information is being updated. For those struggling to log on. filed with turbo tax 2/24. accepted 2/24…only see extra fee removed.

• #4515951
                                                                                                                                                        Brandy
                                                                                                                                                          @bc30

If you have chime and you are showing funded, whenever you get your deposit let us know please. I will be sure to do the same! I spoke with a rep at Santa Barbara and she said they are definitely processing today so we should see something tonight or tomorrow morning fingers crossed

• #4515950
                                                                                                                                                          Troy

Useless website. Waiting and waiting for the button to tturn blue but captcha fails and then nothing. So I guess if you can get access to any menu…well you are lucky,

• #4516019
                                                                                                                                                            MeandU

I did the waiting thing. Finally info came up but it is still unfunded. Filed 2/3 have DDD 2/24.

• #4516012
                                                                                                                                                              QL

Noreen

• #4516010
                                                                                                                                                                Ladyscorpio13

@candi
                                                                                                                                                                  Thank you I hope so too

• #4516005
                                                                                                                                                                  2022taxguy

Sbtpg just showed funded and deposited. TT with fees, 2/24 dd

• #4515982
                                                                                                                                                                    NoGoodName

Rob, it might take a minute but fill out your info and wait. The box will appear. Same with the button turning blue.

• #4515981
                                                                                                                                                                      Catch22

Filed w/ TT 1/30/22
                                                                                                                                                                        Accepted 1/30/22
                                                                                                                                                                        DDD: 2/24/22
                                                                                                                                                                        EIC and all that good stuff
                                                                                                                                                                        Santa Barbara just updated me to FUNDED. Clicked on screen and just waited a little and it loaded slowly. I bank with Vystar and they just deposited. All happened within last hour.

• #4515977
                                                                                                                                                                        jimmeee

I finally got in the SBTPG site. I’m now funded and my advance has been taken out. Hopefully get a DD later today.

• #4515975
                                                                                                                                                                          Rob
                                                                                                                                                                            @lurrch

I can’t even log in to SBTPG to check. The “I’m not a robot” box is gone and without it the “login” button is greyed out and I can’t log in to check.

• #4515963
                                                                                                                                                                            Candi

@Ladyscorpio13

Dang. Hopefully it’ll be soon. Everything turned to funded so I’m just looking at my account like 👀

• #4515960
                                                                                                                                                                              Ugh

@NoGoodName

Thanks for the tip – it worked!

• #4515957
                                                                                                                                                                                Candi

Updated to funded.

• #4515955
                                                                                                                                                                                  Ladyscorpio13

@candi
                                                                                                                                                                                    It’s 36.25 they don’t know when I will be refunded for it

• #4515948
                                                                                                                                                                                    Candi

@Ladyscorpio13

Was the fee alot?

• #4515942
                                                                                                                                                                                      Ladyscorpio13

I updated to funded with the extra fee taken out this is bs

• #4515941
                                                                                                                                                                                        jimmeee

Still unfunded =|

• #4515939
                                                                                                                                                                                          NoGoodName

Not sure if this will help anyone, but after a let it sit for a couple minutes, the unknowns started to change to my info. Funded and supposedly sent to my bank.

• #4515853
                                                                                                                                                                                            Amber
                                                                                                                                                                                              @lilmami117

If you have a DDD OF 2/24, check your SBTPG acct again because an hour ago my acct was still unfunded, now it is funded!!! FINALLY! It says amount sent to you and has the money they took subtracted, but I believe they will be holding it for a bit before they actually release to my bank! Everyone keep your heads up..it is moving slowly, but it is moving!

• #4515928
                                                                                                                                                                                              Coco

I’m assuming that because all my information is unfunded with no amount or bank information they’re working on it?

• #4515922
                                                                                                                                                                                                Westcoastbestcoast
                                                                                                                                                                                                  @winnermade

Mine shows funded as of 2/23… I’m using Chime so that means I should get it sometime today…. I still don’t believe SBTPG they probably haven’t sent crap.

• #4515919
                                                                                                                                                                                                  252Ready

Just got this from the website:

IRS funding being processed

IRS funding is currently being processed and website access may be limited as records are processed and account information is being updated.

• #4515918
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Ugh!

There’s a pop-up stating IRS funding is being processed and the site may be limited.

• #4515916
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Candi

Everything went to unknown this morning with the advance section

• #4515902
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Cs1982

Mine now has the advance section but everything says unknown. Just hoping I have it tomorrow for my DDD 🙏🏼

• #4515862
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Mel

I’m hoping that they are updating. I haven’t been able to get into my account and when I call to check it says my info is invalid. I’m a patient person but when I know I put in my info correctly than that’s when patience leaves the door;)

• #4515634
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Ashley
                                                                                                                                                                                                              @ashleyh22

Filed with TT, accepted 1/24, DDD of 2/24. This is my first year to ever use TT and get a refund advance – which will also be my first time to have SBTPG associated with my refund. I’m nervous with all of the negative things that I’ve read about TT and SBTPG lately.

• #4515659
                                                                                                                                                                                                              LAMAR
                                                                                                                                                                                                                @phillydilly57

Sbtgp has had the money since Friday. They will release the funds on your ddd. TRUST ME SORRY ITS NOT WHAT YOU ALL WANT BUT HEY IT WILL BE THERE.

• #4515770
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Jenny Wilson
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @jennyw

[quote quote=4515766]SBTPG finally says funded with my refund amount “posted” for todays date. Will I get my money today or tomorrow?[/quote]

Mine still hasnt updated and i keep checking

• #4515792
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Jenny Wilson
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @jennyw

Mines loading but saying unknown for everything . Guessing and praying for update soon then

• #4515810
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Andyrefund

THESE FORUMS PROVIDE ME ALOT OF HELP!!! VERY THANKFUL FOR EVERYBODY WHO TAKES THE TIME TO PUT US UP ON GAME. READING EVERYTHING FROM THE PATHERS UP UNTILL TODAY HAS MADE THIS ALOT EASIER AND FOR I THANKYOU ALL. WILL BE POSTED TILL IT GETS POSTED. Southern California ~allday

• #4515809
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Andyrefund

FiLed and accepted 1/2422 with TT paíd my fees with refund. Got A DDD OF 2/24/22. NOTHING ON SBTPG TILL TODAY. UPDATED TO FUNDED. SHOWS FEES PAID. ALSO SHOWS AMOJNT SENT TO ME MINUS THE FEES COLLECTED. NOTHING IN MY GOBANK ACCOUNT YET. HOPEFULLY POST SOMETIME TODAY IF NOT TOMORROW. I WILL POST HERE WITH UPDATE ONCE IT HITS MY ACCOUNT.

• #4515798
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Ready2go

Mine went this morning to all unknown too.

• #4515797
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          HoneyBee

My stuff on the sbtpg everything says unknown but it didn’t say that before

• #4515791
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            jimmeee

Site is lagging but let it load for a little bit.

Mine still says unfunded smh.

• #4515788
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Candi

@MsGonza

Yes i do ddd2/24/22

• #4515783
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                LostAndConfused

Finally says funded on sbtg.. nothing in account yet.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Filed 1/28 accepted with 10 mins
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  TT fees paid with refund
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  DDD 2/24 chime

• #4515781
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  MsGonza

@candi

I’m certain it’ll update for you sometime today. You have a ddd of 2/24, right? Keep checking today.

• #4515780
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Candi

@MsGonza

Still saying unfunded

• #4515779
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Candi

@MsGonza

Okay, I’m headed to the site now. I will be back in a few lol

• #4515776
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        MsGonza

@Candi

There’s a delay. I think it may mean they’re updating. I’m not sure. But go back and stay on the webpage for about a minute, it’ll turn blue for you and let you log on. Give it a minute to load after you get to the second page too.

• #4515775
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Candi

Tried to check the Sbtpg site, the view refund box is greyed out. Anyone else having this issue?

• #4515771
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Cityboy1400

SBTPG finally says funded hoping for DD of today since I have early pay with Huntington

• #4515769
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Candi

@MsGonza

What is the website to check for that information?

• #4515766
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                MsGonza

SBTPG finally says funded with my refund amount “posted” for todays date. Will I get my money today or tomorrow?

• #4515763
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Cori

Uh oh I’m still unfunded. Not looking good lol

• #4515744
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Deana

Mine shows funded this morning so fingers crossed it comes soon

• #4515716
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      hiloshark

@experienced TT/sbtpg user this is what ive been telling a few people here. that SBBt didnt get funds friday. they got notice funds were coming, people are not listening to the guy they called closely enough. to be petty, i called and talked to sbbt. they clearly said. we got notice of funds. but dont tell jessica this. she’ll come along and tell you youre wrong and gate keep you. cause she knows more than all of us.

• #4515713
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Sadie

Even tho it’s not saying funded yet on the sbtpg website they did remove the extra $40 charge from my fees

• #4515708
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Experienced TT/sbtpg user

Because they have received the refund notification. Tonight it will process and show funded if you have a DDD of 2/24, and tomorrow when they send their own notification to your bank that they’re sending the money and if you use a *notification bank* then you’d see it then.

• #4515701
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            TJ

@Experienced TT/sbtpg user
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              That’s understandable but then why are sbtpg telling customers they have received the refunds?

• #4515692

Sorry it was split into 3 different posts, but I just wanted to clarify things so people had a better idea of what was going on…

• #4515691

Some banks have begun “crediting” the account upon the initial notification as a way to promote “get your deposit early” to bring in business. Sbtpg does not do this.

• #4515690

Sbtpg hasn’t received the returns yet. The banking system works the same way as the 3-way handshake of IP. The sender sends a notification to the recipient bank in essence saying “hey, I’m sending $XXX for xxxx”. The 2nd bank says “send it on over” and third step is the actual sending of the money.

• #4515672
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Jessica
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @luvhippie

It never lets me edit my comment:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Sadly their own site states they don’t hold refunds and they are processed as soon as they receive them.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      So , you’ve had my money since Friday and even tho you didn’t process over holiday weekend, you still didn’t process and update the account on SBTPG today. Yet turbo tax updated on sat. that payment was complete. I know they got the actual money Friday, and not just the pre notification. So , then saying we have to wait… stupid

• #4515667
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Jessica
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @luvhippie

Sadly their own site states they don’t hold refunds and they are processed as soon as they receive them.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        So , you’ve had my money since Friday and even tho you didn’t process over holiday weekend, you still didn’t process and update the account on SBTPG today. Yet turbo tax updates say that payment was complete. I know they got the actual money Friday, and not just the pre notification. So , then saying we have to wait… stupid

• #4515661
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Coco

So they won’t hold the direct deposit or is there a possibility that they might?

• #4515660
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Mike

@TJ no I honestly didn’t think about it, but tomorrow I will be calling them when they open and ask if they will. Thank you so much for help.

• #4515657
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            TJ

@Mike
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              That’s weird – did you request for them to send you a check instead?

• #4515650
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Mike

@TJ No offsets and the account and routing number are correct. I have no idea what is going on or why they are holding the money and they won’t tell. All they say is wait. Idk it sucks

• #4515648
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                RayC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @rayman70

Banks/Bankers do what they do for a reason. Thats how they control the peasants like all of us. They get richer while we have 2 wait for our crumbs when they see fit. Its the way of the world. Its disgusting but a fact. I’m all for Capitalism, but not at the expense of honest folks that are hurting. We MIGHT see some $ Thursday morning.

• #4515641
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  TJ

@Mike
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Have you checked to see if you have any offsets?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Is your routing number & account number correct?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Really they should just send you a check in the mail..

• #4515635
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Mike

my refund was sent to sbtpg on 2-16. They took there fees and paid TurboTax but the rest of my refund is magically gone. I spent all day on the phone with them today. They keep saying if I don’t have it by next Tuesday then to call back. That will be 13 days since the irs sent it to them. 13 days after they took there fee and paid TurboTax. They are profiting off the people that don’t have the money to pay upfront. It’s disgusting and it’s wrong.

• #4515628
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Star777
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @star777

You have helped ease my mind. The thing is. When I spoke to someone. She damn near said the same thing until she said it might not release until the 25th. So look for it until the 28th. Which is Monday. Kind of pissed me off because why in the world would y’all be holding my funds after the 24th when y’all said y’all are taking fees out on the 23rd(tomorrow). Why is it not being sent when it’s supposed to be sent.

Viewing 135 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.