Join Live Discussion

Only EIC and ACTC filers updates here plz!!!

Home » Forums » General Discussion » 2017 Tax Season » Only EIC and ACTC filers updates here plz!!!

• Topic Starter
    Meeky

Hi I only been seeing ddd for people with no credits. We need a forum for updates and need only information about DDD for the child credits. Thanks

Viewing 56 replies - 1,351 through 1,406 (of 1,406 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Lolo

I called hrblock and got a refund date of 2/13 for me. Filed the same way for a cpl years. Figured I’d let u guys know on this thread cuz I keep seeing Path this and path that. Yes there is a law and idk the reason but I’m getting mine earlier than the 15th.

*Filed 1/19
    *Accepted 1/23
    *Was able to order both account and return transcripts on 1/27
    *woke up to the path act message on 1/28
    Haven’t had anything change since.
    Filed with HR Block in office with emerald card. Fees taken out of refund.
    Have EITC and CTCx2

Mama Hawk

@aaron mine info is exactly the same as yours.

WillBeas
    @willbeas

Good for you @information…awesome

MizuSeirei
    @mizuseirei

Filed and accepted 1/24

Received “Path Act” 1/28

Ordered both return and account transcripts 1/28

Credits EITC

I have the cycle code 20170405 with the processing date of 2/13. I have yet to receive a DDD, but what can I expect? I think the wait sucks, but hey. . .what can I do?

Bellbor242

You peoples should be ashamed of all this childish fighting. Most people like me, depends on this site for correct information about our taxes. Maybe we made a mistake on or taxes or we need to be comfort as we all wait or whatever our story, we don’t need to be feed lies by someone who don’t understand what compassion for your brother/ sister means. @ Michael and Tom, please don’t get discourage about peoples attacking you for telling the truth, for I strongly believe the truth win over a lie every time.

Anonymous

@Tom i will be eventually but i just started studying recently so i know you have more knowledge than i do right now lol

Carrie
    @cdenae79

Serious question I filed 2/2. Have EIC and ACTC. No PATH Act notice on WMR AND can’t order transcripts either. Should I worry?

Tam

@Carrie101 thank you.

Tom

As far as how PATH will affect, I honestly am not 100% sure. My gut says the same rules apply here as they do anyone else. I’m sure somewhere I have the legal explanation, but I haven’t encountered this since PATH went into effect.

Will-I-Am
    @mcanallen

Ok I understand the PATH act and the delays until Feb 15th…What I dont get is…what if you waited until after the 15th to file. Will you still be delayed? If not, then what is the point of stopping fraud up until the 15th? SO fraud after that date is good to go. I havnt heard anything after the 15th. Maybe Im missed something somewhere, Can anyone clarify for me? Thanks

WillBeas
    @willbeas

The offset line is for nonfederal offsets, so if she owes any back taxes or penalties, etc, the line wouldn’t inform her of tht..they would take whats owed to them, she can call the IRS and ask why did she owe them $2000.

WillBeas
    @willbeas

The offset line is for nonfederal offsets, so if she owes any back taxes or penalties, etc, the lone wpuldnt inform her of tht..they would take whats owed to them, she can called the IRS and ask why did she owe them $2000.

Stacie

Ewww….that was mean. I am not dumb. I was just trying to say thank you to Tom and Michael. I would wish you bad karma but that just isn’t who I am, plus by your attitude I’m sure it’s headed your way anyway.

Tom

I’m actually an Enrolled Agent, took and passed my SEE exam. My real job is actually dealing with business tax issues, but I assist a smaller tax prep company during tax season.

I believe I saw Michael will be taking his SEE exam as well, so he is probably just as well versed as I am.

Angie

@Anthony…all say the received day of April 15th…that is tax day, except this year is April 17th.

atb043
    @atb043

filed and accepted 1/31 with taxact
    did have Child tax credit. no eitc. did have education credit
    no transcipts available
    still one bar.. no path message

i’m getting frustrated.
    i know refund will be later
    i just want to have it processed and know it’s not in a black hole

Bri
    @bsandz

Is anyone getting the message we have recived your return it is being processed a refund date will be provided when available?

Refund amount still showing on the side
    Can’t order transcripts

Filed and accepted 1/23
    ACTC and EITC

Candy
    Tom

Student loans default after no payment is made for 270 days. As far as back child support, of he owes more than $500, they can intercept all or part of his return. “A non-obligated or “injured” spouse filing a joint income tax return, the injured spouse may be able to get back his or her share of the refund.  To claim his or her portion of any refund due, your spouse may file a request for an Injured Spouse Allocation of a Joint Return (Form 8379) with the IRS. The IRS encourages an injured spouse to file the claim at the same time the tax return is filed.”

The part in quotes is directly taken the way it is written in the law.g

Laura

I filed 1/20
    Accepted 1/31
    Had one bar witg the 152
    Then no bars saying still processing
    With 152 n all info still on side now its no bars n saying weve recived your refund n its being processed but no 152 topic anymore

MsMeToo

@kim it’s much appreciated. I just needed clarification. I’m not in a rush to get the money. I’d love to get it earlier than what’s being predicted, but I’m not counting on it. The longer it takes the less I’ll waste on needless b.s. My bills are caught up, so I’m not sweating bullets this year.

@tom @michael or anyone else…a discussion from work today. Student loans. How long does it take to default on a loan? I read 270 days My coworker has to file injured spouse. She found out through the offset line her husband has student loans and owes the v.a. a sum of money. He told her he his student loans were in forbearance and shouldn’t affect her return. He also owes backed child support. All of these reasons are why she files injured spouse. How does the PATH act affect EIC, ACTC, CTC and voth their student loans?

Tom T
    @tomt

Is this a good sign? Before I had 1 bar and now I this:
    Refund Status Results
    Print. Take the survey.

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds before February 15 for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits.

Check Where’s My Refund after February 15 for your personalized refund status. It’s updated once a day and remains the best way to check the status of your refund.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:

Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

Please Note:

For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

Chase

Filed 01/22
    Accepted 01/23
    WMR 1 Bar 01/24
    WMR Path act 01/28
    Acct and return transcript 01/28
    Processing date 02/13/2017
    Cycle code 20170405
    WMR Path act still 02/07

Most the people on here filed different days and have processing dates of 02/13 and 02/20, so the processing date definitely isn’t 21 days from acceptance. I’m hoping and assuming most of us are getting paid next week or right after Presidents Day at worse. Definitely the longest wait I’ve ever had for taxes but doesn’t seem like it’s going to be as long a wait as I thought so can’t complain.

Stacie

Tom and Michael should be getting some good karma from all this free help they have been giving out! Thanks guys!!

Eva

But… sigh.

Alyssa

Which i’m not sure is true*

513lette
    @513lette

Well that was the info that I got the 2 different times I called the IRS to ask about my return and bankruptcy. They said no funds will be released on the the 15th, and that for a safe measure estimate 14 to 21 days starting from the 15th. Even turbo tax says that deposits won’t start hitting till the 27th. “The IRS estimates that people who claimed these credits will start receiving their federal refunds the week of February 27. This is true for all taxpayers who claimed these credits, regardless of their tax prep method. ” directly from an email I got from turbo tax yesterday.

Carrie
    @cdenae79

@tom a girl posted here that the offset line said she had no Offsets but $2000 was still taken from hers. So I was just curious how accurate the line is? I check it every year and have never had it tell me I have Offsets. So when she said she had an offset when the line said she didn’t I was curious as to why that might happen!

Thanks for you feedback! Much appreciated!

Tom

@Carrie

Your question is pretty vague, what exactly do you want to know? And yes, the offset line is fairly accurate. If you have an offset, you will receive a letter, so the offset line isn’t needed.

Carrie
    @cdenae79

@tom what can you tell us about Offsets please? How reliable is the offset line?

Christie
    @christiej

I filed 1/27 and was accepted an hour later. I still have one bar no path message yet ugh !! Single with 1 claimed child

Tom

Weekly vs daily updates… Basically, if you’ve had 2 disqualifiers you are weekly. It doesn’t mean you did anything wrong, just means something didn’t initially look right. Almost half of tax payers are weekly.

I’m seeing a lot of confusion about what exactly ordering transcripts means… Being able to order them doesn’t mean anything one way or the other. What information is on them is what makes all the difference.

Anthony

I got my transcripts today in on the account one the processing day is 2/13/17

Carrie
    @cdenae79

@nea what was the offset for? Did the IRS ever send you a letter stating what it was and what it was for?

Anonymous

You dont go by the received date..It says that on all of them. Including mine from last year just 2016 instead of 2017.

Savanna

I have the path message. I was told that just because you can order your returns doesnt mean it was approved or processed. Just what I was told. I was also told if your amount is gone on wmr that means your under review. Not speculating but was told by an IRS rep.

Alyssa

People who claim they claimed the ACTC &/or the EITC credit are not going to have funds released to their bank until the 02/15. The DDD’s you are seeing on your transcript & on WMR (which i’m sure it true), IF BEFORE 02/15, is the date your funds are ready to be sent to the bank, BUT WILL NOT BE RELEASED/SENT UNTIL FEBRUARY 15th due to the new PATH law. So either you are confused as to what credit you claimed, or your DDD is the date your funds will be ready & placed in the batch that is to be released on 02/15. I can assure you, they are NOT breaking any laws to pay anyone quicker. Your funds will be release 02/15 or after.

Emmie

So I got some good news today for all of us PATH message people! :) I spoke with an IRS rep who told me the PATH message on WMR means we have been processed and we are in queue for our refunds to be dispersed. She said to check back on February 16th and a date should be posted on WMR. She also said it is normal for the refund amount not to be listed on WMR and that is nothing to worry about.

Neicole

Hi guys, Im new…i didn’t file and get accepted until today, but i wanted to join the crowd knowing im gonna get this weird path message thingy so i will definitely update. i get both the actc and the eic…talk to you guys soon

Anonymous

Ive seen people confuse the child tax credit with the ACTC numerous times. The IRS isnt going to violate federal law to give you money any faster lol

waiting

Nicole- what is the TPG website??

MsMeToo

@Kim I was asking about the EIC &CTC, not if I would I would receive my refund on or before the 15th. I was looking for clarification because I don’t have a PATH message on WMR. And going through other threads, people are saying only those with ACTC AND EIC are affected. I have the EIC & CTC, that was my only concern. Not if I’d receive my refund before the 15th. I’m aware of what date I filed and was accepted and I’m not looking for my return until the end of February. Thanks for your answer @michael

Amra
    @amraann

@Michael and @Tom just wanted to say thank you.

I do have a quick question.. I have seen reference to weekly and daily?
    I take that to mean that some people recieve updates daily and others weekly?
    How is that determined?

CynthlaLee

@msmetoo
    We filed married joint have EIC and CTC and have the path act message

Kim

@MsMeToo
    My bad, sorry, I was just trying to be helpful.

sayjay

Accepted 1/31/17
    Was able to order both transcripts on 1/6/17

Is that a good sign???

Carrie101
    @carrie101

Not to be argumentative, but normally the IRS releases funds a couple of days before the date they tell you to expect the funds in your account, due to the fact that most financial institutions hold deposits for an average of two days before making the funds available in your account. Some people use various cards and banks that release funds immediately. It is highly likely that those who use those types of services will see the funds before the first projected date of 2/15, if they are in the first batch of PATH Act refunds to be released.

Tay

You won’t be getting any DD on the Monday before the 15th. Ya know, per the law and everything.
    A processing date is 21 days AFTER the IRS accepted your return. Processing date as well as cycle codes don’t mean much if you have credits on your return (ACTC, EIC)

Carrie101
    @carrie101

@dmt87 The codes are on the account transcript.

Carrie101
    @carrie101

I’m a weekly. My update is:

Filed 1/26

Have ACTC

One Bar

Can order account transcript as of Friday 2/3, but no return transcript.

Expecting to order return transcript Friday 2/10.

Hoping for Saturday 2/11 to show an early PATH Act DD for 2/15.

Prepared to wait till the following week, just because, LOL.

dmt87

Are the cycle codes on the account transcript or the return transcript?

Arin

I filed on 1/25.
    Accepted 1/26
    One bar on 1/27
    Bar disappeared 1/30 with tax topic 152
    No changs til today
    PATH message 2/6
    Return transcript available

Shana Ammons

I filed and was accepted on 1/23. Filed EIC. Was able to order my transcripts on 1/27. Received the path message on 1/28. Got my transcripts today with a process information date of 2/13 and a cycle code of 20170405

Anonymous

kellyo i think youre right. WMR seems to never update for me, i usually just wake up with a deposit lol

Kellyo

I filed the 11th, accepted 13th. I was able to order transcripts 1/27, got them today. No ddd. There is a processing date of 2/13/2017 & cycle 20170405, so hoping for dd next week. I don’t think that there will be an update, just direct deposit. Totally guessing though :)

Tam

I filed 1-13 and accepted right after. I was able to order all transcripts 1-25 and just received them over the weekend. Cycle date says 2-13-17, it lists 2-15 as ddd. However I have a 20170402. Which means I believe I’ll get it on that Monday and not the 15th.

Viewing 56 replies - 1,351 through 1,406 (of 1,406 total)
  • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.