Error Resolution Department

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Error Resolution Department

• This topic has 93 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Traci.
  • Topic Starter
    Magnificent

Called Irs today was told my return was in the error resolution department and Irs does not know why? Confused.

Viewing 91 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Traci

I filed and acce0ted Feb 11th, been on topic 152 since. Received and faxed form 8962 on March 19th, haven’t heard anything since. As of Date keep changing, then go right back to April 26th

Stillwaiting

Almost 22 weeks for me.

Toya

I have filed my taxes April 30 and it’s been now been 74 days since I’ve filed and was told after my 21 days that my return was in the error department and I had to wait 10 weeks and now it’s been 10 weeks and still no refund nor letter letting me know anything I also went on the website and it’s still saying still being processed there are no bars up there and my return was accepted on 4/30 but still nothing is anyone who file received there’s yet if so how long did it take

Toya

I have filed my taxes April 30 and it’s been now been 74 days since I’ve filed and was told after my 21 days that my return was in the error department and I had to wait 10 weeks and now it’s been 10 weeks and still no refund nor letter letting me know anything I also went on the website and it’s still saying still being processed there are no bars up there and my return was accepted on 4/30 but still nothing is anyone who file received there’s yet if so how long did it take

No names

@ doug Britt

I was totally on board with what you said except the last line. “Now we have to defend irs”? Maybe that’s a typo. Whatever.

I do agree this is all bullshit. Millions of people are sitting in errors or error 900. They need to process our returns so we can get our refunds!!!

Doug Britt

I’ve been 10 weeks now waiting on return. And I’m fed up with the bullshit. Get your shit together and get the peoples money to them. Trump never had a problem getting our money us. There just a bunch of loosers that can’t do there job. If I did my job like that I would be fired. It’s time to defend the IRS.

No names

I’m also still waiting. So I called local accountants, (not mine) and they also said they had clients waiting 10, 12 weeks and longer!

We have all been kicked to the curb while irs play catch up. But they should have just told us all ” hey we are overwhelmed and we can’t do our job, so go wait in that corner for 3 months or longer ” like wtf!

I just past 10 weeks.

Shelia

Filed my tax return 03/07 and it was accepted the same day. I have called the IRS a couple of times all they can say is that it’s in the error department but don’t give a reason why. I’m so over them and I really feel like they should be paying us interest just like they charge people. Two years in a row where I had to wait. Just sad. Now I’m calling a tax advocate cause I need answers.

No names

You guys check this out!

The topic starters comments are pretty spot on.

https://igotmyrefund.com/forums/topic/why-am-i-still-processing-or-in-ers/

Hope this helps!

Too bad we have to spend our time sifting through bits and pieces of information on these threads, and internet, to puzzle this sh*t together!

No names

Check this out! This helps us all understand.

You’re welcome!

No names

@ all us waiting!

Check this out.

The topic starer is pretty spot on.

I NEED MY FN REFUND MONEY!!!!!!

No names

@carly,

So the irs agent I talked to told me everyday she is getting calls about people still waiting. And she keeps telling them it’s in errors department. She read off the error, I don’t remember all what she said. But she did say error 900, “waiting to be uploaded…”. I seen on another thread some guy said we weren’t uploaded yet to be processed. Whatever the case is, we all got kicked in to errors because it was too much for irs to handle all at once.

Carly

Ha! 10 weeks. I am still waiting and just passed my 13 week mark. Somehow ended up in this same department. They are pathetic. Meanwhile all my family members have gotten theirs in less than 2 weeks.

Carly

Ha! Ten weeks on the 24th. I am already passed my 13th week still waiting. And mine also somehow ended up in this error department… they have no GD answers.

No names

@ all who are in errors.

We should do a BLM March. But a errors lives matter March. Sound good ? WE NEED OUR REFUNDS? who’s with me?!

No names

@ lillie turner

I was also on unemployment. But I also had a line 30, which was my stimulus attached to my refund. It could be from those. But the agent told me is systemic. So I thought what … systemic racism??? Ha! …. no, systemic. Like system. So maybe maybe. But we are kick to the back burner like little b****s. I NEED MY MONEY!

No names

@ nat and who ever the f else.

So I’ve been in error department for almost 10 weeks. May 24th is my ten week mark. Here’s what the agent told me. The system was so overloaded that millions of people got kicked into error department. But the conversation went on! It’s called technically “error” 900. And we were all put there so the irs can get to us later. We are on back burner. It doesn’t mean something is wrong. They just needed a clever way to force us to wait!

Gloria

My 10 weeks was up on May 10, I called AGAIN on the 11th and got nothing more than “it’s the worst I’ve seen in my 20 years here” and “hopefully it will get processed in the next few days” (it hasn’t). The “advocate” was worse, basically lecturing me on how I need to be patient and how they can’t help people who are in my type of status.

To the person who said 70 days, is that “business days” or all days?

SandraA
                                              @sla921

Been in errors department for 10 weeks now.

Nat

@No Names
                                                Call back and ask how many days you have been in errors. They should’ve told you. You can’t sit in ERS for longer than 70 days (10 weeks). I am on day 47 and have 23 days left to either get a letter or a refund. Good Luck!

No names

So today, irs agent told me after waiting for 2 months. Mine was ALSO in the m****** f***** errors department. Code 900. Error department with code 900 is you’re just sitting there waiting to be delt with. Handled. Meaning process your return. Basically I was told to wait the full 10 weeks, then go f myself. No, But seriously, I was told wait 10 weeks then if I dont have it (my refund) call back. Or may get “correspondence”. She also said it didn’t mean anything was wrong with my return.

Lillie Turner

Why is my return in the error resolution department?No errors on my return were found.Is it due to unemployment insurance?

Just got off the phone with IRS, was told the same thing. Error Resolutions dept, was processed and isn’t sitting there anymore, but that I would receive a letter or the status online to receive my actual refund would update. Also was told 10 weeks…

LolaB88

Filled taxes 2/13 they were accepted on the 15th. Been in error department since. Still processing as we speak..

Pretty TickedOff

FINALLY got some news. I was in the same boat as everyone else, did my taxes at the end of February and got no information until I checked today. Says it will arrive in my account between April 19-24. Anyone else finally getting results?

Kendra

I spoke to 2 different people at the IRS and I was told that we had an error our return but neither person couldn’t tell what the error was just the it was in the resolution dept. and it would be 10 weeks to be resolved either the IRS would correct the error or send us a letter of the error. Our address and city was enter completely wrong and the only reason I was able to catch that was because I was able to log in to my irs account and my husband couldn’t. It’s just crazy.

Pegaugau

@Limbo where can I get in touch my US representative ?

joanne
                                                                @madasholyhell

What’s the longest someone has been in this so called error and resolutions crap

Alexa

My instinct tell me since we got our stimilus they are making us wait longer. Ive never heard of no errors i too have to wait 10 weeks, tax advocate didnt help either. Filed 3/11 IRS accepted the same day. I seen the refund date for April 1 then it went to processing. 21 days past and i get told its in the error department. What a bummer. Has anyone received it yet before the 10 weeks?

Gaius
                                                                    @gaiusgracchus
                                                                    Gaius
                                                                      @gaiusgracchus

We spoke to someone today at the IRS general info department. They said our 2019 return (filed Oct 2020) and our 2020 return (filed Feb 14, 2021) were in the ‘Error Resolution Dept’ like millions of others. The representative said this did not mean we had any errors in our returns, but that many returns are being sent there for some undisclosed reason. Sounds like a glitch in their system.
                                                                      She said they are expecting our returns to be processed in about 10 weeks from now.

BrittBritt

Just checking. Anyone that posted previously receive theirs yet? Mine still in error department with no errors. Going on 3 weeks since it was put into error department.

• #4477633
                                                                        Brenda lockard

Just talked with irs. Accepted feb 13th in error resolution will be May before I get return or letter

• #4477332
                                                                          Cape98

Has anyone gotten there return after being in error department and how long did you wait?

• #4477077
                                                                            Sam

Filed with Turbo Tax on 2/12/2021 – like the past 3 years – return was accepted with no problem, waited 21 days – then called. The representative said there was no one in the IRS who could look at my return. Unlikely. Then she said it was in an error department and can take up to 10 weeks to process, she said she has seen returns take up to 6 months. What??????? Now it has been about 6 weeks and trying phone number for Taxpayer Advocate services – let’s see what happens.

• #4476957
                                                                              UpsetMom

Filed 2/11 accepted 2/12 was supposed to receive my refund on 3/5. Finally got a representative on the phone to be told I’ve been in the error department for 25 days and she didn’t see any errors. She said I would have to wait up to 10 weeks to get a letter or my refund.

• #4476768
                                                                                AtlTarheel

Called TA Help line 877-777-4778 this morning after 25mins of being on hold. He informed me my return had been sent to the Error Resolution however its a typical error message and I should see and update in the next few days. I asked “so no ID verification or first two stimulus trace needed?” He reassured me it was a very typical error and I should see an update in the next few days. I’m sure I’m a weekly so we’ll see come Friday and Saturday and if not I’ll call back Monday morning.

• #4476614
                                                                                  Mia B

Filed with TT 3/3 accepted 3/3. Waited 21 days and was told today Errors Dept. Wait 10 weeks. Had a Tax Expert look over my return and was told there are NO errors at all on my return and that I’m just one of the unlucky ones that got pulled for review but unfortunately I’d still have to wait until whenever they process it!!! Such BS!

• #4476481
                                                                                    SandraA
                                                                                      @sla921

Dependent had it for a couple of months but attending physician did not accept insurance.

Faxed 12C, 8962 and & 1095-A on 3/8/21.

As of today, No confirmation received and definitely no refund. Returns still N/A. Going on 3 weeks. Accepted 2/11/21.

The only good thing right now is that the ACA will not negatively affect the return per the 2021 Recovery Act.

• #4476469
                                                                                      Mat

Hello all, I got a letter 12-c because we used the Govt health care for 1 month last year (January) and completely forgot about it. I faxed the information they requested the same day I got the letter (10 days ago) and still haven’t heard. Tried calling the IRS today.
                                                                                        Any one else get a 12-c letter and any luck getting a refund?

• #4476422
                                                                                        Eleise
                                                                                          @judy

How do I request a letter to be sent on my behalf from a US representative? I’d like to try that but I have nooo idea how to go about asking.

• #4475968
                                                                                          Coco

Hello all , spoke to tax advocate and was informed my refund was in the error department and is currently being worked on irs accepted on 2/14 anyone know after it’s corrected how long it will take for the refund?

• #4475773
                                                                                            Jaz

I am in the same boat! I have been so patient filed on the 2/1 and was told the same thing, 10 weeks. Has anyone that has been told to wait 10 weeks get there return yet ?

• #4475506
                                                                                              Sfox

Was accepted2/18 by the irs and recieved state on 3/02/2021 but nothing and my state return was sent but no stimulus or taxs or no letter from irs😡😡😡im sick and tired of no money for anything

• #4474987
                                                                                                Nikki

So I finally got someone from the irs on the phone today and told that my taxes are also in the errors department. Did contacting your representative work? And how would I go about finding that information. I was accepted by the irs on 2/16 and have gotten no letters or correspondence.

• #4474690
                                                                                                  Kim
                                                                                                    @kimboo03

Filed on 2/18, WMR had no record of my return. Spoke with a nice IRS agent on 3/17 stated my taxes were in the errors depart. due to an error on the stimulus calculation. I had a baby in Sept. and there’s some extra $$ for me to get, stated it could be up to 10 weeks before I see my refund. Did I mention my 2019 taxes are also in the errors department, which might not be resolved for a few more months. She also stated that errors department is short staffed.

• #4474359
                                                                                                    Missandy

I contacted my congressman 3 weeks ago. Still nothing.

• #4474297
                                                                                                      Limbo

I contacted my US Rep as advised by TonySoprano.

Filed 2/15
                                                                                                        Accepted same day
                                                                                                        Lost 1 Bar on 03/01
                                                                                                        No updates since
                                                                                                        Claimed Eitc, CTC, self employment and unemployment
                                                                                                        This is honestly getting ridiculous. I received the stimulus in our old account, good thing we kept it open.

• #4474288
                                                                                                        Moji789

I contacted the TPA Help Line @ 1-877-777-4778 and was told that my refund is in the error resolution department as unclassified inventory, that the Taxpayer Advocate People won’t even touch it until the IRS makes a determination about the error, and that I could be waiting up to 10 weeks from my filing date.

• #4474265
                                                                                                          Moji789

god bless you @tonysoprano. I hope you are right. I just contacted my US Rep and I hope to heaven she can do something about this.

Filed 02/11
                                                                                                            Accepted 2/12
                                                                                                            Bars gone
                                                                                                            Transcript N/A
                                                                                                            Message: Your refund is being processed, no date at this time. No specific tax message.

• #4472816
                                                                                                            Upset person

Same boat. Filed – accepted on 2/13. Told it was in Error resolution Dept. Told to wait 10 weeks. I’m so over getting the run around.

• #4471208
                                                                                                              Ashhh

Going through the same issue , filed and got accepted on 2/13 refund sent to error resolution.

• #4470376
                                                                                                                Coral Ramirez

I filed my taxes for the 3rd year with TurboTax & I hadn’t had a problem until today! My refund was accepted 2/15/2021 & I had unemployment & also self employment for a bit, I have children but they are usually on my tax returns so I don’t know why I would be sent to the errors department my TurboTax return said it was supposed to be deposited on 3/08/2021.

• #4470222
                                                                                                                  Dave

Same situations here. Filed 10 years with Turbo and never an issue. STD deduction with no unusual credits or deductions. Error Resolution Dept. I took the advice in the article and emailed my US House Rep to ask for assistance. I also changed my deductions on my W2 to be more precise so they can’t hold my money ever again. They can send me a bill and wait for me to pay if I owe.

• #4469906
                                                                                                                    Erica

Same issue. Told my return was pulled by the error resolution dept and that it could take up to 8 weeks for them to process or send me a letter but couldn’t get any more detailed information. This is getting ridiculous. My return was accepted on 2/12.

• #4469608
                                                                                                                      Chrisk

I just got off the phone with IRS and was told the same! Taxes accepted 2/17 , if there is an error why can’t they tell you what it is? This is crazy!!!

• #4469156
                                                                                                                        Esmy
                                                                                                                          @agitatedtaxpayer

Us too. No E.I.C., got all our stimulus money but was told in error dept. Verified all info as far as names, d.o.b. socials and home address. Possi le “glitch” that could resolve on its own if not wait 10 weeks.

• #4468784
                                                                                                                          TonySoprano

Here is what is happening. I am a former IRS employee… They have put a great deal of our returns into error resolution to buy themselves extra time. THey have to process them by a certain amount of time by law, unless there are errors. Call your US Representative and ask them to send a letter on your behalf…Your return will magically resolve itself…

• #4468670
                                                                                                                            Heather

I was told the same. The girl I talked to said it was coded so she couldn’t tell me the problem but I’d know within 8 more weeks because it’s been 2 of the 10 already. I’d either get a correspondence or it would resolve itself

• #4468569
                                                                                                                              Jon

@allbrooks when you spoke to the tax advocate did you call your state office or did you call the 1-800 number or 1-877 whatever it is

• #4468567
                                                                                                                                Rupdike

Everytime I call I get told something different. I have been told it’s under review or that its going to take 10weeks also been there is nothing wrong with my return and there are no errors. The last time I called I was in the error department

• #4468524
                                                                                                                                  Cesar214

Just got off the phone and they told me that I would need to wait up to 10 Weeks for any correspondence or resolution.

• #4468485
                                                                                                                                    Zombie shark
                                                                                                                                      @zombiesharkie

On the phone with tax advocate currently. Filed 2/12. Accepted 2/13. No letters. No updates on transcript. List bars on WMR. Just got told I’m also in the errors dept. had unemployment that I paid taxes out of and regular income. Also a pather. Hopefully they give some specifics as to how long this takes. I had a tax preparer look over my return and they see no errors. I’ll update once I get off the phone.

• #4468456
                                                                                                                                      Aunna

HR also files my taxes and never received this issue before.

• #4468450
                                                                                                                                        Hanna

I called irs lady said it was in error department but couldn’t say why just to wait 10 weeks um hrblock files my taxes and havent had this problem before

• #4468448
                                                                                                                                          Aunna

Just to add to the mix, I also called the IRS and too was told that I am in the Errors department. I was told “that’s simply what they’re called” and “it doesn’t mean an error is on the return” seeing that they did not confirm there as an actual error. They told me that I am also affected by the PATH Act after they asked if I was claiming any earned credits. They also told me to wait 10 weeks. It started 2 weeks ago, so I have another 8 to go as well.

• #4468413
                                                                                                                                            BrittBritt

I called today mine was approved by IRS 2/13. They said it was in error department but currently see no errors in system yet. What is going on this year it’s crazy

• #4468327
                                                                                                                                              MM

I filed and was accepted on 2/16 with TT. My bars and tt152 went missing last Thursday. I waited after my 21 days to call. I literally just got off the phone. The young lady told me I was in the Error Resolutions Department, she said it’s ERS900. She advised me like you all that could take 10 weeks. But I’m confused and feel like it’s bull*^#t, because she said my return has been in the department for 14 days already.

• #4468326
                                                                                                                                                Allsbrooks98

I called the tax advocate hotline this morning and was told that I too was in the errors department, but they were in the final steps. Told me that it takes about 3 to 4 days to go thru them. If I didnt see an update by Monday to call back. Calling the IRS isnt getting me anywhere, was given no information after my 21 days, but tax advocate hotline did provide me information. 877-777-4778

• #4468251
                                                                                                                                                  Chantel

What’s really going on? This has also happened to me! I0 weeks is a very long time! Why so many set backs? Why is there no logical answer to why this is happening? I need answers! Of course the IRS has none!

• #4467666
                                                                                                                                                    KAT401
                                                                                                                                                      @rikat

They are full of it

The agency said today it was not experiencing any out-of-the-ordinary delays in processing returns or distributing refunds, despite widespread complaints on social media and in online forums.

“This is not a systemic problem, an error or a delay,” an IRS spokesperson told Fast Company. “It is a part of our normal processing.”

https://www.fastcompany.com/90612940/irs-denies-systemic-delays-in-sending-out-refunds-despite-glitches-with-its-status-tool

• #4467665
                                                                                                                                                      KAT401
                                                                                                                                                        @rikat
                                                                                                                                                      • #4467663
                                                                                                                                                        KAT401
                                                                                                                                                          @rikat

I have a felling there is NO error resolution dept my gut feeling is that the reps made up something to tell us. this bull shit excuse. This is the IRS were talking about! For them to say it’s a ERROR that’s going to fix itself. I call the bull S$%*T CARD If we truly had any kind of error we’d know about it as soon as we filed or it would of never got accepted. thats my true gut feeling. Them pushing back filling date screwed them and they can’t say anything on a recorded line

• #4467660
                                                                                                                                                          Marina

Same here. She said she does not see an error but it was sent there…. she said call back if I don’t have it in 10 weeks

• #4467643
                                                                                                                                                            bmar808

@Ladync21 lol right? When he started the rant, I kind of zoned out but then he really made sense. I was like, go on grandpa! tell me more!!

• #4467588
                                                                                                                                                              Carlos

There’s no possible way that we are all in errors no way I’m starting to think it’s a generic answer to buy more time

• #4467581
                                                                                                                                                                Gigi

I filled mine on the 12th and called 22 days later. They tell me to call back in 10 to 12 weeks because it’s in an error. No more information. I’m stressed. I need my money, I’m praying that something isn’t wrong since they have no information. And who the hell can wait 10 to 12 more weeks to know what’s going on. I really though I was alone. I feel way better to know I’m not alone. This is bs

• #4467493
                                                                                                                                                                  Betsy B

What questions did you ask to get a date it will be released?

• #4467247
                                                                                                                                                                    RichP

Just got off the phone with a very nice woman. She told me mine return was in errors department along with millions of others. She said 90% of people in errors are path act folks, she said hers was in the error department as well because she has children.

She said they are just backlogged since tax season started late. She said mine should be released Thursday or Friday.

My taxes were accepted 2/12. Bars disappeared last week and wmr says refund still processing.

• #4467238
                                                                                                                                                                      Ashley

I have the same issue but was notified 10 weeks from the file date so they said 2 more weeks from yesterday. If there’s more info needed I’ll receive correspondence from irs and If they’re able to process I’ll receive my refund. Such bs how they don’t know what’s wrong and clearly is happening to others. I have filed my own taxes for 13 years. I dont understand why there’s an issue this year.

• #4467088
                                                                                                                                                                        So confused Misty

Filed online HRB, accepted 2/12… At 21 days IRS states mine is in ERRORS DEPT. Didn’t see nor know why but it’s an estimated 10 weeks. BS if u ask me but idk what to do at this point. Any advice?

• #4466857
                                                                                                                                                                          PoohBear

did anyone get there refund yet?

• #4465878
                                                                                                                                                                            LadyNC
                                                                                                                                                                              @ladync21

@bmar808
                                                                                                                                                                              I just told my mom this same this

• #4465795
                                                                                                                                                                              Tara
                                                                                                                                                                                @tara

Mine is there too. I’ve filed the exact same way for years!!

• #4465793
                                                                                                                                                                                Deven Katherine

Need info on my tax return

• #4465737
                                                                                                                                                                                  bmar808

To be fair, he does have moments of lucidness (though very rare). Thought I’d just throw it out there. lol

• #4465735
                                                                                                                                                                                    bmar808

Random thought. Did anyone here claim Unemployment on their taxes? My 89 yr old grandfather (who suffers from dementia) went on a tirade last night about how the IRS is keeping all taxes with UI wages in the event the no tax on the first $10,200 goes through so they have less work. We initially disregarded what he was saying bc he legit has tirades about everything but then we thought, hey he has a point.

• #4465690
                                                                                                                                                                                      Martha Stuart

My account is there too, I filed 2-13

• #4465754
                                                                                                                                                                                          Nichelle

Did you claim any credits that you don’t normally claim?

• #4465527
                                                                                                                                                                                          Jaina

10 weeks is so generic. I wouldn’t put too much stock in that number.

• #4465479
                                                                                                                                                                                            Nichelle

Spoke to a rep at IRS today. My return was accepted 2/13, he said my return was in the error resolution dept and due to limited staff it will take about 10wks to process.🤕

• #4465426
                                                                                                                                                                                              Denni

What code is the error resolution?

• #4465397
                                                                                                                                                                                                Darlene408

Same

Viewing 91 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                              • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.