Did your stimulus go to a closed account?

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Did your stimulus go to a closed account?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Mommajess33.
  • Topic Starter
    Mommajess33

I finally found something straight from the IRS on their website stating they will be mailing a check if the bank account your stimulus payment was sent to rejects the check or is closed. Meaning you do NOT have to apply for the credit on taxes like everyone has been saying..

“ Q D4. What if the bank account number I used on my recent tax return is closed or no longer active? (updated December 3, 2020)
      A4. If the account is closed or no longer active, the bank will return the deposit and you will be issued a check that will be mailed to the address we have on file for you. This is generally the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS).

As required by law and for security reasons, a letter about the Payment will be mailed to each recipient’s last known address within 15 days after the Payment is made. The letter will provide information about the Payment.”

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mommajess33

Ohiomom
          Are they the IRS? No, they aren’t, hence the reason I QUOTED the IRS. Now don’t you think that the IRS’s information would be much more trustworthy than a news outlet? Me too. Smh

Ohiomom2020
            @ohiomom2020

The IRS is not mailing checks to people who’s bank accounts have changed or closed. It is too close to tax season and they are making those people, myself included, claim their second stimulus on their taxes. I read articles on CNBC and Forbes stating this.

Lc

Updated my bank info with TT good luck to me

M. White

Thank you for this

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.