Join Live Discussion

CP63

• Topic Starter
    redacted B

I still have mixed feelings about this. I’ve read some definite horror stories about this. How many of you also got this in the mail?!

Says it will take 6-12 weeks for me to get my refund once they get the paperwork they need. Anyone actually know how long it takes?

This is definitely a first for me and after the hassles and hold ups last year, I’m no longer even counting on my refund until October again. Bastards.

Viewing 61 replies - 451 through 511 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    A

Following

Amess

I receive CP63 notice also I sent everything that I needed on February 25th. On March 7th I called nothing was in the system I decided to wait a couple weeks on Tuesday, March 26 They had received my 2014 but not 2015 i called on Thursday the 2015 am 2014 were in system but not yet processed i have the 599 code on my 2014 transcript but not my 2015 i didn’t send them to 2 different places the lady over the phone gave me a ct address but the letter had a tx address will this affect anything? Im due a refund for both years so i don’t owe anything

Amanda

Fingers crossed for next week 🤞🤞🤞 on another note, I calculated the penalties and interest and wowzaaaaaa. Alot higher than I expected. A $1674 tax bill from 2013 is going to end up costing around $2700!!!

redacted B

@Amanda, aww I understand completely babes! Let’s just all stay positive, say some more prayers, get a little more lube and wait for the updates!!

Amanda

@redacted. I called mid Feb when I got the 1541 on WMR. I got lucky and got a super nice rep who actually looked into my acct and told me what the issue was. She even faxed me my wage transcripts from 2013 so I could file! She mentioned she sees I didn’t file for 2014-2017 either, but 2013 is the only one they are looking for. She advised I should get those ones done sometime this year, just to avoid this next year. I did my taxes mailed them on 2/14 and they were rcvd on 2/15. I got the CP63 letter stating they were holding 2018 until 2013 was filed beginning of March. Then got another letter a week or so later with a form asking why I didn’t file or to fax a copy of my 2013 over if I did file. Did that the next day. Called a few days later to check status of 2013 since it hadn’t been entered yet. Got a not so nice lady who said it hasn’t been rcvd and she also sees I didn’t file 2014-2017 filed either. Explained I was aware and would do them after 2018/2013 was resolved. She must have entered stuff in the system because low and behold the following Friday, those years popped up on my acct with “no return filed, 971 issued 4/1” (I couldn’t previously see transcripts for those years). Figured I’d get ahead of the game and just get them done. Per informed delivery, I have 3 letters arriving today Had no idea if I would owe or get a refund. I let my kid’s dad claim them since I wasn’t filing anyways. Turns out, I owed 2 years and got refunds two years 🤷. I initially didn’t file bc I knew they would take it for student loans so I didn’t see the point (lmao stupid I know) and knew kid’s dad would split the $$ with me so for me, it worked out. Here we are 2018, my loans are finally paid off and everything came back to bite me. (I knew it would catch up eventually, was just hoping I was rich by the time it happened and could just pay whatever I owed) 😂😂

NoMoneyHoney

No movement for me 🤷🏽‍♀️ This is the worst

redacted B

Amanda, did they tell you in 1 letter they needed all those years refunds? Or tell you they needed 2013 first then sent another letter asking for the other years you mentioned? Your situation is a bit messed up. They only asked me for one year, but I’ve filed every year except that one is why I guess?

redacted B

@Amanda, thank you! No updates for me yet! I can’t view my transcripts at all. I been checking the SSA and WMR watching for updates. Hoping maybe next week I see something positive and good!!

Amanda

@redacted,are you able to check your transcripts? I’ve always been a weekly updater so mine only update on Thursday nights. Hoping you see movement soon! Seems like it is about 4 weeks from when they enter as rcvd in the system to when they release the refund. For2015 it was entered as rcvd on 3/6 and refund issued on 4/5. Not sure if it will be longer since I owe for 2013 but I guess I’ll see!

redacted B

Yea Amanda it makes no sense to me. They probably have 13 different ppl working on your account is why. It’s a very complex system from what I understand. The scary part is they allow computers to make almost 100% of all decisions for them.

Amanda

The IRS seriously operates on it’s own time and ass backwards. I faxed over those 4 years, all at the same time. They we’re entered as received all on different dates and 2017 isn’t even showing secured yet. Best part? I faxed them over 3 weeks after 2013 mailing my return and a week after faxing my 2013 duplicate. Yet still 2013 wasn’t entered as received in until 3/15. My only hope is that for those years my “as of date” was pushed out until 4/15. For 2013 it stayed at 4/8. Here’s to hoping to see movement next Friday!!!!

redacted B

Still no movement on my end here.

redacted B

@Amanda, it’ll happen babes. You’ in my thoughts!! Please keep us updated!!!

Amanda

Update: I also had to file 2014-2017 as well but they were only holding 2018 until they received 2013. For those years combined, I owed a few hundred and had a $$$ coming back after they took that. Checked my transcripts, and the ONLY year that was processed and had any movement was 2015. They fully processed it and will send a check on 4/5. UGH. No movement after refund securerd for any other year.

redacted B

I’m not sure Rebecca, they’ve only had mine a week. Some have updated rather fast. Mine has not. Unfortunately I’m not sure what to advise other than calling the IRS on the CP63 notice number you have.

Rebecca

I was hit with the 1541 and when i called they told me they sent a cp63 for not filing in 2013. I didnt owe. I received the missing years in the mail and sent them in 3 weeks ago. How do you k ow if they have recieved ththeththem. I called and they said they cant see anything. I tried to view transcripts online but it would not let me make an account. I went to the ssa site and when I tried to create accou t is said it could. Ot for that social. I’m confused and sick of waiting

redacted B

Yes you most definitely should!!

NoMoneyHoney

@redacted I have to contact them tomorrow as I just tried to create an account and it says one can’t be created for my ssn

redacted B

My SSA account hasn’t updated yet but then again they’ve only had my 2014 taxes a week.

redacted B

Hey Amanda and NoMoney, have you checked the SSA website yes to see if social security has updated your income yet for the years we all turned in?

Amanda

My WMR also shows 9001 smh. I figured I probably got selected for review or have to ID verify or something crazy. My 2013 refund shows as 599 return secured on 3/15 and then I have the same exact thing with the date 3/20 on my transcripts. (i’m assuming one is the physical one they got at the CT address and the other one is the one I faxed, even though I put do not duplicate) Still no codes after that. And nothing on my 2018 transcripts has updated either. Uggghhhh

NoMoneyHoney

I will definitely keep you all posted

redacted B

Btw always write down their name and agent I’d when they get on the phone. You can always report them when they’re mean.

redacted B

I’d say you’ll be just fine NoMoney! Keep us posted. Mines not updated yet but they’ve only had it a week. And I owed them money it turns out. So who knows how long it’ll take for me. Last year most ppl were done in under 4 weeks that got CP63. We shall see!

NoMoneyHoney

The first agent I spoke with confirmed the receipt of my prior years returns and gave me another number to call to have them release the freeze. The second agent was a complete asshole upon answering the phone and stated that she couldn’t see that they’ve received it on her end. I wonder if they have the same system 🙄 and told me to give it 3 more weeks and call back. Maybe I’ll get my funds by Christmas

redacted B

@Nomoney,

I’ve read where that’s a great thing to have that code. It’s the code before release code from what I’ve read.

NoMoneyHoney

I now have reference number 9001. Someone at the irs hates me

redacted B

@Bee, I’ve never had to hold more than 15-20 minutes. I’d call them first. At least try and get through, then go from there.

redacted B

@Confused , you’re still here too!!??! We may as well just prepare for an October refund again, if at all!

Honeebee

The letters from Philadelphia say in medium bold font “internal revenue service” on the front of the envelope, above address which also has the same font and size.
    But on the one from GA simply says “IRS” much smaller font, and isn’t bold, nor the address. Guess I’ll ask the fraud Dept via IRS website. I’m not waiting on the hotline forever to ask a general question.

Confused

My 4464c notice came from ga

redacted B

That’s strange bee!!

Honeebee

Soo. I received 3 letters. 2 from Philadelphia and one from Chamblee, Ga. Haven’t read them as I am out of town ( live in Washington state ) but I got the USPS delivery notice. Fonts on the face of the letter from GA are different from Philly. 👀 Seems kinda weird. Why would they send me any correspondence from GA ? No one home to open them for me. F”n sucks that idk what’s going on. Don’t wanna call, seems that’s pushing ppl further away from DDD. But did call on the 8th. Nothing wrong. Wondering if it’s a scam?

NoMoneyHoney

@amanda & @redacted I’ll keep you all updated I’ll be calling again next Wednesday if I’m not updated by then. But I’ll let you know every step of the way. 2014 must’ve been the magic year for us all

redacted B

@Amanda and NoMoney,

I hope this ends very quickly and is as painless as possible for all of us! I was damn near a month behind on sending mine in. I got an extension and finally got them out. Took my accountant a bit longer than should have also lol.

I didn’t file in 2014 either. I owed a small amount that they’ll take out of my 2018 return and that’s just fine. I just hope it’s very soon!!

Let’s all keep in touch on this and keep each other updated!!

Amanda

@redacted. I actually sent mine to CT. I didn’t wait for the letter and that’s where the lady on the phone told me to send them to. The letter said a TX and when they weren’t entered as received on 3/8, I called again and let them know I was told to send them to CT, but the letter has a different address. She said it was fine, and they would get processed either eay but I’f I wanted to feel better, I could fax them to the Texas office and just put do not duplicate on the cover letter, which I did. They we’re entered as rcvd on my transcripts on 3/15. I did not file in 2013. I owed student loans and didn’t want them to take my $$ ( retrospect, not a smart idea). I ended up owing about $1700 plus whatever interest and fees they are going to charge and they will deduct that from 2018 and deposit the rest. Fingers crossed for a quick turn around time!!

NoMoneyHoney

@redacted yes sent them to Texas tracking shows they received them on the 8 but when I called on the 18 the lady told me to give it two more weeks I asked if they would release my current refund once the recognized my prior year and was told yes

redacted B

@Amanda, which office did you mail yours? Did you not file your 2013 taxes? To my understanding, it doesn’t take near the 12 weeks, more like the 6 and in most cases way less than that.

redacted B

@Nomoney, no I sure haven’t. I sent with tracking information. They got them last Wednesday. But nothing has updated at all. I sent mine to Texas. Is that where you sent yours??

NoMoneyHoney

@redacted b have you confirmed that the irs has received your prior year refund

Amanda

Just an update on me: finally my transcripts updated that the irs recieved my 2013 taxes. Delivered 2/15, entered 3/15. Now another 6-12 weeks of waiting. My wmr changed for 2018, to where it can’t find my info and code 9001. This sucks.

redacted B

Hey ChicagoAnnie,

No I didn’t get one. I was joking around and trying to make light of a shit hole situation here. I hope you get your issue settled soon hon. You’re in my thoughts and everyone is in my prayers here to get their refunds ASAP that truly need them.

Chicagoannie

Sorry you’re still waiting redacted. I thought you got a DDD last week. I’m in 60 day review limbo. Don’t know about your particular letter. I got a 4464C.

redacted B

Bump

Redacted
    @removed

Bump

Mel

I received the letter than next day mailed out last years return. The irs will have the papers today. I was told it’s closer to the 4-6 week. I think it’s longer process if you owe them taxes vs them owing you. We will see. They owe me 1800 for last year so I’m hoping the process goes quicker because I have a refund that’s being held till they receive it. I’m hoping they release my current refund early once they see I don’t owe taxes. My letter never stated a review just needed to mail my taxes from last year to them. Fingers crossed it’s more of 4 weeks if you don’t owe them from previous years not filed..

Redacted
    @removed

@confused, you also got a CP63??

Redacted
    @removed

What’s the CP05 letter? Sorry I’m tired and can’t remember. Seems I’ve gotten one last year!

Confused

@SteveD Thank you

SteveD

My CP05 came from that address.

Confused

Just got an email from my informed delivery that I am receiving a letter or notice from the irs coming from ATSC 4800 Buford Hwy, Chamblee GA, but my transcripts don’t show any notice being sent. Anyone else get a notice from this address?

Redacted
    @removed

Crazy shit

NoMoneyHoney

I also received a cp59 letter they are so annoying

NoMoneyHoney

I was given the fax number 18552792109 and allow 7 days to confirm the fax

Redacted
    @removed

Mel, I can tell ya. I was in tax refund he’ll last year and I thought it was a fuckem nightmare. I think this season is by far more fucked.

Mel

@redacted neither was mine…

Redacted
    @removed

I was told I had to mail mine. Faxing wasn’t a option given.

Mel

I honestly don’t think it will take up to 12 weeks. I think that is a protocol they give, what I have learned it only takes a few weeks. The irs is just making sure you don’t owe back taxes and that’s why they are holding off on the release of the refund for this year still.

Mel

@amanda what fax number did you use to fax you last taxes?

redacted B

I hear ya Amanda. Total crock of shit!

Amanda

I called again yesterday to see if my 2013 which was delivered to the IRS on 2/15 has been put into there system yet, it hasn’t. She told me it can be 30 days and with the shutdown even longer to even show my return recieved in the system. Weird thing is, I faxed my 2015 & 2016 on 3/6 (I have a refund coming for both) (I didn’t know I could fax my 2013 since I didn’t wait for the letter) and those were showing as recieved but not processed as of 3/8. I also got another letter on Thursday, a different CP letter which was a form that I had to fill out saying why I didn’t file OR fax over proof that I did. I believe that was the 971 that I can see on my 2013 transcripts. The CP63 is the 971 from 2018 I faxed over the copy so I’m hoping that will speed things up … Fingers crossed! What a mess

Viewing 61 replies - 451 through 511 (of 511 total)
  • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.