2018 EIC / ACTC Filers

• Creator
    Topic

OK, we know were are among the ones that will be Held again this year! Lets keep each other updated and supported through this LONG ordeal again!

Who has Filed already?
    Who will file Soon?
    Who isn’t in a rush?

I haven’t filed yet, not in a rush but I will file as soon as I receive my last W2. Not chasing the FB groups like last year lol

The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 75 replies - 451 through 525 (of 1,119 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Lovey

I filed and was accepted on 2/11. I need to start my maternity leave, when should I expect an update or at least a DDD

momjess
    @momjess

@Amb

Skittlez was just going off of what the person she spoke to at the IRS told her. As we all know being on these forums, the info people get when calling in is conflicting and often inaccurate. As is the advice posted.

However, based on the information on the irs website itself, what Skittlez was told Is in fact correct.

“Neither TAS, nor the IRS, can release any part of your refund before that date, even if you’re experiencing a financial hardship”

momjess
    @momjess

@cb
    It happens :) We should see an update saturday.

CB

@momjess Oh ok then that does make sense i talked to my local rep she said to call back on the 20th because the 19th is a Holiday. And that it is very possible an update to wmr would be available before then :) Now I feel like a jerk talking about that irs rep being grumpy and short with me lol

Amb

@skittlez arguing with people in a tax forum is not appropriate. Immediate results….. this is the IRS we’re talking about. If you can prove your hardship you can go to the tax advocate. If you received a notice. People if you have any snags with your return call them. Don’t listen to hearsay PLEASE do your own research At the end of the day everyone on here just wants there refund. I personally have had my refund within a week when I was facing foreclosure. I speak from my own experience. The IRS is holding refunds because of billions of dollars in tax fraud. People were making up w2s so they just want to match it up. That’s why your employers have until Jan 31 to send them out and the IRS is waiting until 2/15. I deal with taxes daily on a corporate level and anyone getting EIC is considered low income , so we are all have to wait because of the shady folks that try to file with no jobs every year. If anyone was accepted 1/28-1/29 with a processing date of 2/19 please post your updates. My cycle code is 20180505 I’m expecting an update Sat for DD for Wens

momjess
    @momjess

@cb

Lol that is correct. Tax season started on 1/29. Even though returns were accepted before then they didn’t start processing until the 29th.

CB

I just spoke with the Irs filed and accepted on 01/25 with TT and this jerk told me that the actual day any started processing was the 29th and that TT and all these other firms are lying to the taxpayers…can you believe that????? I’m calling my local rep to ask them sounds like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ugh lol

Annette

On the irs.gov page in “news” dated February 13:

By law, the IRS cannot release refunds containing the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit before mid-February. “Where’s My Refund?” will be updated Feb. 17 for most early filers who claimed the EITC or ACTC. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on “Where’s My Refund?” or through their software packages until then. EITC and ACTC refunds should be available in taxpayer bank accounts and debit cards starting Feb. 27, if taxpayers used direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax returns.
    As a reminder, taxpayers should remember that ordering a tax transcript will not speed delivery of tax refunds. Transcripts are best used to validate past income and tax-filing status for mortgage, student and small business loan applications as well as help with tax preparation.

John

@mizuseirei

Everything I’ve read is Thursday to Wednesday.

Like I said. I’m just based what I said off of what I have read. Not holding my breath in anything

momjess
    @momjess

@John

It’s actually
    01-Thur
    02-Fri
    03-Tues
    04-Wed
    05-Weekly

Charley

@lance The IRS is gonna drive me to drink with all this PATH stuff. I have my very first vacation as a single mom (it’s been 15 years and my son is now an adult) with just me and my son planned and if I don’t get this money I’m going to have to cancel everything. We’ve had it planned for 6 months. It’s never taken this long, not even last year. I’m a stuttering mess right now.

MizuSeirei
    @mizuseirei

@john I thought the week ended on Thursday.

Kimbers

Got my transcripts in mail have code 20180505 what does that translate too??

momjess
    @momjess

Lol @Skittlez

Ready for tomorrow! We should start seeing 846 codes on trans starting tomorrow morning :)

John

Have all the credits and check transcript this morning have a cycle code of 20180704.

If the stuff I read is true that translates to ddd of 2/20/2018

2018-year
    07-week
    04-tuesday

Week start on Thursdays

1-Thur
    2-Fri
    3-mon
    4-tues
    5-wed

Mommyoffive

@rellyohboy thanks I’ll just have to wait until Saturday to find out.
    @natasha I called the top and it said my refund could be taken to pay a federal debt.

Natasha

TT152… Why would you think you have an offset. Isnt that TT152 just a generic IRS message ?

Rellyohboy
    @rellyohboy

If you have an offset pending the TT203 message will appear when the second bar appears. (After approval)

Mommyoffive

I have an offset according to the 1 800 number. Right now my refund status shows the path message with tt152. Will this change to tt203 and if so when? I’m hoping I won’t be offset and receive my full refund.

Lance

It’s not gonna update with a ddd until saturday

Natasha

Still getting the Path notice :( Nothing wrong with my “wheres my refund” webpage except that its not updating with my DDD :(

thelividtaxpayer
    @krazor8

Weird things are afoot… On desktop, where my refund is unavailable, but on mobile browser and the apps, works as normal, not with no chnage

Tony c

1st time seeing that message hope for update.

Lance

I have received that message several times but never updated

thelividtaxpayer
    @krazor8

Probably…. Most ddd will be next wendsday I’m guessing

Tony c

Just checked wmr site and it says not available at this time maybe an update for ddd.

amill
    @amill

I filed and was accepted 2/24. Able to order both transcripts on 2/12. No bars with PATH message Tax Topic 152 for the past 3 days. My state (GA) refund DDD date is 2/16.

thelividtaxpayer
    @krazor8

ok so ive worked out a little bit from observations her and other forums, apparently people with eic and other path affected credits, are flags upon acceptance, now whether you get the path message is up in the air, some have gotten it some havent, but i can say for sure, path returns(path message or no path message) appear to ahve headed to a slightly different server than non path counter parts… thus explaining what some have checked for weeks and never got the We are sorry Where’s My Refund is currently unavailable. Please try Where’s My Refund again later.. case in point, i checked every day at hours between 230am-530am cst(irs is est) and never recieved it until today the 15th at 230 cst(330 est)

thelividtaxpayer
    @krazor8

well mine never updated to path, and i haven’t gotten the unavailable message until just now.. so im hoping i dont need to verify….

Tom

I got the same message here’s hoping for good news.

thelividtaxpayer
    @krazor8

so this is the first time in 2 weeks ive gotten the We are sorry Where’s My Refund is currently unavailable. Please try Where’s My Refund again later.message, looks to be updating, fingers crossed

Kirkobanz89

*Some ppl on here are just really negative* Theres no difference then going to a minister to get guidance on your LIFE!!! Ppl come on here to POST bout there on different experience dealing with the I.R.S. We all on here for the same reason to get answers and to try to relate to each other’s experience. Don’t be an a-hole if I didn’t come for you RT (real talk). We all going through the same thing and we’re here to UPLIFT each other through this timly manor. Us weekly accounts that filed in Jan should be expecting an UPDATE this Saturday w/DDD or an letter because Monday marks 21 days for US weekly counts. Just be patient people and DISREGARD the BS from ignorance…they unhappy because they’re actually Donald Trump luvers and misery loves company FrFr!!!

Jay

@memyselfandIhatewmr
    Thank you for that. I’ve been reading all about this middle of month stuff but never found a concrete date. And update on the 17th now makes that much more sense, though I’m sure people will trickle through before then.

memyselfandIhatewmr

wont see updates on wmr till after 0330 est
    most likely not until 0600
    screw this night all

memyselfandIhatewmr

For returns claiming the EITC or the ACTC, although the processing time frame begins from the return received date, refunds will not be issued prior to February 15th, per the PATH Act Section 201.
    Sorry found this while reading irs operator instructions

Is this room for tax info or a room of people having a award ceremony. What’s all this thanking people for when all the info is in irs website . Have anybody updated should be asked

Justbrowsing

Got my refund last year on the 16th on my bluebird account. Bluebird rocks. I get my paucheck before anyone too. I file eic and actc every year. Crossing fingers same this year.

Fyi the irs releases refunds every day of the week. But it all depends on if your daily or weekly.

Kirkobanz89

*Some ppl on here is just really negative* Theres no difference then going to a minister to get guidance own your LIFE!!! Ppl come on here to POST about there own different experience dealing with the I.R.S. We all on here for the same reason to get answers and to try to relate to each other’s experience. Don’t be an a-hole if I didn’t come for you RT (real talk). We all going through the same thing and we’re here to UPLIFT each other through this timly manor. Us weekly accounts that filed in Jan should be expecting an UPDATE this Saturday w/DDD or an letter because Monday marks 21 days for US weekly counts. Just be patient people and DISREGARD the BS from ignorance

Skittlez

@Lori
    Awww! So sweet…ty! In my opinion we all deserve respect and kindness. We are all here to learn and comfort each other so we don’t get admitted for blood pressure explosions lol. You rock girl!

Lori

Those fb groups are harsh but I’m glad @lance, @danielle, @skittlez, and @momjess have all been really helpful. That’s why I love I got my refund website this is the best site to come to for advice and updates.

I filed 1/18 and was accepted same day, updated to path 1/26, viewed transcripts the processing date was 2-12-18 so hopefully I’ll get my updated Saturday.

momma-needs-her-money

Just read this in an article on irs.gov:

For EITC and ACTC filers, the three-day holiday weekend involving President’s Day affects their refund timing.

Now could that mean they are starting deposit releases within next few days?? Being Monday is holiday and they are not working, hopefully that is possible!!

Syraz
    @syraz

That is their safe guard date..

Fred Geez

Was on the phone with IRS today tryin to fix my amedment from last year. While waiting for human assistance the computer said first monies for EIC will be deposited on the 27th of Feb.

J N

Last year i filed 1/29/17
    Ddd 2/24/17
    Actual deposit 2/22/17 on netspend after offset
    Money was deposited 2 days before WMR updated

Anonymous

@coyote

I am in the same exact boat!! Same dates, same message, same transcript issue. Sigh!!!

rtbartonie
    @rtbartonie

Last year, WMR never updated was shocked by my bank that my refund was sitting in my account. I was also a “PATHER”. I had a 2/20 with no updates no warning shots, My transcripts were updated a few days later along with WMR… So hopefully the same thing happens this year. Surprise me IRS :)

thekid0138

LAST YEAR GOT MY DEPOSIT ON BLUEBIRD ON 2-16-2017 GET BOTH CREDITS EIC ACTC SO HOPE THE SAME THIS YEAR WE SHALL SEE !!!

Jonny Tombstone

Last year we had the EIC, got the Path message wait around got DD in our bank on Feb. 23rd. 2 days later IRS.gov website updated with my DD date… This year hopefully its the same.

Coyote
    @coyote

1/30 filed and accepted
    2/4 Path Message
    can’t seem to file for transcript because it says my info is wrong

lance

Yes dont count on anything updating tonight

holls2188
    @holls2188

So I’m seeing all these references to the 02/17 date for WMR to update, is it pointless to even check or hope for anything to be updated tonight. If it doesn’t happen then oh well, just don’t wanna hope for something that may not happen lol after last year I have no faith in the IRS lol

@Sandi – no, they won’t be release in the order received because one return filed 01/18 that has numerous changed (name, file status, address change) will hold up the processing. One who submits on 02/04 and checks out with no secondary verification, etc. may sail through and they get their refund quicker due to no status changes.

Yes, my WMR did not update to 3 bars/funds sent until two days after I’d already received my refund (which was 01/30).

Sandi

2 questions. Are they releasing funds in order of when they recieved and accepted or are they just sending it all out at once for all of us that are waiting..

Also is it possible that we will recieve our refunds before WMR even updates off of the PATH message?

Tiffany

I could have sworn this forum was for tax paying ADULTS. I mean, correct me if I’m wrong…

Some of you need to take some of that tax money and smoke a bowl or two.

lance

Im guessing she has eic or actc since your posting in this thread?

Matt

My wife is a 2/14 DD and she has not received her refunds yet in her Security Bank of Southwest account,

There is nothing pending either. is this suppose to be a delay from the bank?

Is anyone going through this too?

Danielle

@momjess the point I was trying to make wasnt when the first person saw the article it was the fact that the article states no one receiving eitc or the additional tax credit will see an update until Feb 17th

momjess
    @momjess

On another note….to anyone else reading. They posted some archives on the IGMR fb page showing how things went down last year. Last year the first 846 codes for Pathers showed on Thurs 1/16 and the first ddd’s posted on wmr for 2/22 on Friday Feb 17 (if I remember right, last year the IRS said most would get their update on the 18th).

So now we wait and see if those updates will be thurs and fri this year also or Friday and Saturday. Either way I’m sure most of us will get an update of a 2/21 ddd by Saturday.

At least next year will be easier to predict having 2 path years to look back on rather than 1.

momjess
    @momjess

@Danielle

Revised, yes. But the original info was there long ago. If you search my posts you’ll even see I copied and pasted the Same message over a week ago lol.

Danielle

@momjess https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing which they revised Jan 30 2018 if u go to the bottom of the page.

angeleyes67
    @angeleyes67

@9966 You do not have to pay to look or get your transcript. I can view mine transcript online anytime. I have never been asked to pay for a transcript from off of the IRS website.

R4ce
    @r4ce

Technically they should be processing/updating today as the IRS themselves says mid Feb. You can’t get any more MID February than the 14th;) I have no problem waiting for an update Sat. But they always get technical when they require stuff of us…

Lovey

Well this has all been very informative. I filed and was accepted 2/11/18. I use an Ip pin, everything is still the same as last year. Last year I got my refund back in 8 days. I’ve got the one bar so far and the tax topic 152. I just want to know should I see an update on the 17th as well since I filed on the 11th?

Drew

While we’re all waiting I figured I would ask: Apparently my wife and I were exempt from the shared contribution “tax” for not having healthcare for the last few years. When I file amended returns, can I do multiples at a time, or do I have to do them one at a time? Anyone know how far back the exemption goes? We’re looking at several thousands we’ve paid in while meeting multiple exemption criteria. Just didn’t know the form existed to waive the $1,000+ in annual penalties.

momjess
    @momjess

@Harley
    They are just reminding everyone. That info was there long before w2’s even started going out lol.

And @9966 wrong again. No cost for transcripts. Ever. Period.

Get Transcripts

What You Need
    To register and use this service, you need:

your SSN, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from latest tax return,
    access to your email account,
    your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan, and
    a mobile phone with your name on the account.
    What You Get
    All transcript types are available online
    View, print or download your transcript
    Username and password to return later

Drew

@9966: It didn’t update today. That was what I thought I said. My point was that, even last year, I got my refund before WMR ever updated passed the PATH message we all have right now.

WMR is helpful, but your refund date isn’t dependent ON WMR’s update.

Harley

@momjess

If you go to irs.gov and look at the news you will see an article (dated yesterday) avoid the tax rush and in the 6th paragraph is the information for the 17th update for the majority of early filers

Drew

No WMR update for me as of today, but then again I wasn’t really expecting one. Last year I received my refund 4 days before WMR updated from PATH – Topic 152 – No Amount. I’d say many of us are in that 7-day countdown at this point. Can’t wait to take my kids shopping for new clothes! Man, do they grow like weeds!

Nikesha
    @nikesha

@skittlez I think I read somewhere else that ssa didnt update your income but your return is completed?? My situation f+a 2/2 updated to PATH 2/10 ssa does not have my income for this year reported and some years are wrong. Btw thanks for answering my first question. Its a lot of questions and comments on here lol.

momjess
    @momjess

Sorry my last comment should’ve said @Harley not sandi.

Ginag

my File Date was 1/22 and accepted same day

Cycle Date 20180402 (Not exactly sure what this means)

Processing Date 2/12/2018 (no update since Path Message on 1/29/2018)

My Direct Deposit day Last year says 2/22/2017 (processing date was 2/13/17)

I feel like I saw something at least a week beforehand with a DDD. Honestly though, I can’t remember.

momjess
    @momjess

All the Feb 27th stuff is just an irs security blanket. They gave the Same date last year and people started seeing money as early as the 20th (maybe earlier). I had mine on the 22nd (with a ddd of the 22nd).

The IRS can start sending $ out as soon as tomorrow. But most of us will probably have our deposits on the 21/22nd.

And @Sandi that irs message didn’t pop up yesterday, it’s been on the irs site since at least december.

Oliviat

So question for those of you today – Turbo Tax says that I should have a DDD of 2/14 buuuuut yeah no nothing is there. Does that mean they got it and are processing the fees on their end? When I got on WMR I have nothing just the path act no bars or anything.
    I have already received my state.

OregonGirl

Filed 1/22
    Accepted 1/23
    Path 1/27

Still path. I hope it’s not the 27 of February.

munnymunny

This may have been asked and answered already but there are way too many posts to backtrack……

My direct deposit goes into my account 2-3 days earlier than other employees at my job (American Express Bluebird card) so if they are stating most people should see funds by 27th, what day are we thinking they are releasing to banks? I’m hoping to get mine in account early next week!! Fingers and toes crossed LOL

Viewing 75 replies - 451 through 525 (of 1,119 total)

The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.