Tax Topic 203, is everyone seeing this?

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Tax Topic 203, is everyone seeing this?

• This topic has 32 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by rhianna.
  • Topic Starter
    Katie

Does everyone see Tax Topic 203 or is it informational? My refund was approved & set for deposit 2/14?

Viewing 31 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        rhianna

SO when I called the offset number it says I have one debt and my refund could be offset. so that doesn’t tell me if it is or not.? help

David Budai

I have it too. I don’t understand why. I called the offset number and it says I don’t have any offset. I’m pretty confused. Have you figured out your situation? I’m reaching out toneveryone.

Kellee

Got the same message code and very shortly I received a letter saying my refund was being offset by a hundred something odd dollars. You really can’t ignore it, even if you want to. I saw a response on here earlier today saying it was standard or a glitch, it’s neither. Good day ppl 😀

KodieMarie

So, I have a question… On the WMR account, all the way until the 23rd it was saying my refund was approved and sent to my account and should be deposited by the 22nd and if not no later than the 27th..then on the 23 I checked it and it gave me the tax topic 203…I called the number and it said my refund was garnished by the DOE… but I just don’t understand why the WMR page would say it was sent to my bank on the 22nd…I hope it’s a glitch but I doubt it… I hope I can retrieve some of my refund… Any one else have this problem

KodieMarie

So, I have a question… On the WMR account, all the way until the 23rd it was saying my refund was approved and sent to my account and should be deposited by the 22nd and if not no later than the 27th..then on the 23 I checked it and it gave me the tax topic 203…I called the number and it said my refund was garnished by the DOE… but I just don’t understand why the WMR page would say it was sent to my bank on the 22nd…I hope it’s a glitch but I doubt it… I hope I can retrieve some of my refund… Any one else have this problem

Ticked Off

Yep. It’s coming up because the new tax plan is a reverse Robin Hood and they are flagging any and everyone they can to squeeze some money out of.
                    They will try to or flat – out will intercept your refund over the least little thing. So, if it’s delayed or just outright not posting, you may want to do the Injured Spouse form if married and filing jointly. If you’re single and you’re getting that notice, you might be screwed.
                    They flagged me over student loans and took everything – the entire refund.
                    I’ve been filing taxes for 20 years and this is the first time anything even remotely close to this has happened.
                    Draining the swamp and “making America great again” didn’t mean what the orange clown wanted you to think it meant. It meant “Weed out the poor and make them sustenance for the elitist rich.”
                    This is a redistribution of money, but in the wrong direction.

JOJO

It also showed on mine when I checked the refund status.. called and says that I don’t owe anything. I was suppose to get my refund on 2/22 but nothing yet.. anyone else’s delayed?

Christopher A Garrity

Yes everyone gets a tax topic code. Doesn’t mean you have an offset

Ben frank

I downloaded my transcript and i got a 846 and 766 code but no 203 and wmr changed to refund sent about a hour ago. On the wmr page at the bottom it has the 203 code. Is it possible i will get my deposit? My deposit date was supposed to be today but i haven’t gotten anything yet.

Guy

I had my taxes done when I called them they said my dd was 2/22 but it was offset and to my knowledge I don’t owe anything that it states it’s for if they were taking my entire refund would it still have the Dd date this literally came out of nowhere I don’t have child support or owe unemployment that is what the tax place keeps saying it’s regarding any info is greatly appreciated

Justin

Yes unfortunately

Brittany Holliman

I’m seeing the same message but I called the offset line and they say I have a offset of my while refund amount but I haven’t gotten any notice can they still take them

Ana

Husband and I filed on 2/03 and WMR DD 2/14 with topic 203. This is our 2nd year filing jointly. Knew of the non tax debt so IS form 8379 was sent out before Bureau of Fiscal Service can send out a notice regarding the off set. We still should have received a portion since it was less than the refund amount but instead the whole refund was garnished. Contacted all agencies to find out where was the remainder. Spoke with IRS to make sure it wasn’t tax related. Rep cleared any tax debt. Called Bureau of Fiscal Services and did the automated and it stated no debt owed. Called back the Bureau to speak with someone live because I knew there was a non tax debt owed. Their rep confirmed and gave the info. Correct agency but wrong amount. It was doubled the amount stated in the letter sent to me before the year ended from the agency. I contacted the agency and they stated it was the amount requested from the IRS. Well now we have to wait till they figure this out for the remainder or hopefully the whole refund with the IS form 8379.

Vee

@Blu the offset line only reports non IRS debts now. If you owe the IRS it will not show on the offset line. That was the 1st number I called when I saw my refund was reduced.

Vee

@mari228 my ddd is 02/22 yes I’m getting a partial refund. The IRS stole almost $2k. I went through my transcripts and show that’s where the money is supposedly be going to. I’ve received my full refunds since 2013 and I have never received a notice saying o owe any money. The rep even said no notices was never sent to me. The transcript said that the full amount that was taken from my return is for interest and late payments. Literally the full amount was interest and late payments so I’m like what am I paying interest on.

Mari228

sorry for the typos.. ughhh

Blu

Hey y’all! From past experience with offsets, the line won’t show any debts once you have been issued a refund because it was paid off already. If there was still a debt owed, then it means it took your whole refund. Letters about the money came about 2 weeks later explaining what was taken and why. So now every year before I file taxes, I call the offset line to be sure. A lot of companies know you plan to file taxes and will add the offset Dec and Jan. Hope this helps someone🤓🤓

Mari228

@Vee… so are yiu gettung your entire refubd if its a glutch? or are yiu getting a lesser amiunt and are you showung a lesser amount? do you have a ddd?

Charlene

Same thing here. Offset number has nothing for me but showing tax topic 203. Kind of relieved I am not the only one, may be a glitch.

Vee

I have tt201 I called 18008290582 EXT 652 and was told it was for a past due collection that IRS not myself is aware of. She couldn’t find where the money went but stated it’s mostly a glitch.

Katie

I have the same tax topic 203. When i called the offset line says i dont owe anything and wmr still shows my full amount. Hoping its just a glitch.

Jose

Might be a glitch. Had tt152 then switched to dd 2/22 now says tt203. Called hotline and entered mine and wife’s SS# and says no offset found.

Tracy

Stacie mine says same thing call offset everyday to see if it changes for you i pray its a error

Tracy

I have same code we don’t owe nothing its weird I hope its all a glitch cuz I called offset and says none foind we have deposit date Feb 22

Tracy

I have same code we don’t owe nothing its weird I hope its all a glitch cuz I called offset and says none foind we have deposit date Feb 22

Toria
                                                            @toria

I pray it’s a glitch.

Stacie

I just got my DD of 2/22 and have the code as well but when I call the hotline it says I have no offsets? Did anyone recieve there refunds? Or is everyone seeing this message??

Thanks!

Kaylee
                                                                @kaylee

Call the offset number.

Chickpea
                                                                  @barefootrunner

where are you seeing this?

LadyJ

Looks like you owe some money somewhere. Could be a glitch, but if not and that’s on your wmr, someone somewhere is taking their cut of your return.

Teetee

@Katie I don’t see it. What site are you seeing it on and did you get a Path Msg. I filed 1/23 And my transcript say a process date of 212

Interesting…it states:

The Tax Topic 203 is for Refund Offsets for Unpaid Child Support, Certain Federal and State Debts, and Unemployment Compensation Debts. … A refund offset is when an IRS refund is reduced or intercepted to pay off delinquent debt, such as past-due child support, outstanding student loans, or unpaid state income tax

Where are you seeing the code?

Viewing 31 reply threads
                                                                  • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.