PATHer! I just got a letter :(depressed

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season PATHer! I just got a letter :(depressed

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Belle.
  • Topic Starter
    Gretchen

Filed 1/19 updated to Path 1/27 just came home to letter from IRS. Checked where’s my refund this morning had Path message still have Path message just looked at transcripts all good codes. Guess I won’t update from the Path this will be a long ***wait. I really needed my taxes to get dental work done.

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Belle

Nvm it was posted yesterday, well this would be a person trying to spread panic..

Transcripts have codes just say that you got your transcript that’s all 💁🏽‍♀️

Belle

Just came home to a letter on a Sunday? 🤨

LadyJ

Hahahaha, my guess is they didn’t get a letter, they got a transcript, just like the 1000s of others who order their transcripts thinking it will help them avoid PATH.

If you get a letter to ID verify, this will not be sent until PATH updates, and you will get a take action message, I know because I had that happen last year. Audit letter, you will still get your refund, even if you audit. Manual review doesnt send a letter, it just gets a delay message.

If this person is a PATH, nothing will happen until the 15th, good or bad. They got transcripts.

Inkdbakr

Someone’s looking for attention. If you’re not going to say what the letters about then why post? Judging by the statement hat it’s going to be a long wait it obviously wasn’t a good letter. I’m so happy to be in a position in life where I don’t depend on my tax return.

lance

I honestly think hes just trying to scare people

cgdesilva
                    @cgdesilva

Was this letter to explain you need to id verify, your being audited or any of the other hundreds of different letters they send out? Or were you just informing us you got a new pen pal at the IRS? Kidding of course, but yeah we need a bit more information to assist you unless you were just venting frustration, in that case vent away tax time is very stressing.

blkpepper23
                      @blkpepper23

More info please.

Dylann Roof

What did the letter say ? Maybe there is something you can do.

Cantwait
                          @cantwait

Do you view your transcripts online?

Michigangr
                            @michigangr

What does your letter say?

lance

Whats the letter about?

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.