PATH message on WMR good!!

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season PATH message on WMR good!!

• This topic has 32 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Mart.
  • Topic Starter
    iiKryptic

Hey fellow filers, I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got off the phone with an extremely helpful person down at the IRS. All of us that have filed with EIC and/or ACTC and are now seeing the PATH tax law message on WMR, we are all done with taxes. She stated to me this is a new message built into WMR that means our refunds are completely processed, but do to the law CANNOT be released prior to Feb. 15th. Some of you already knew, but if you see this message on WMR it is a good thing.

Filed: 1/17 TT
      Accepted: 1/18
      Credits: EIC and ACTC
      WMR Status: Went from 1 bar to PATH message 1/28

Viewing 31 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mart

I filed on 1/31, it’s accepted it on 2/1. I checked my wmr and the path message was displayed until the 15th. Now I’m getting my refund is being processed. I don’t have a DDD get. Is this a good thing or should I start to worry. Also it’s says they are updating on the 18th what does that mean.

CHARLIE

So i checked my state refund status and my check is set to be mailed to my address 2/27 which is great– but– what about my federal??? lol still getting the “processing message” on wmr. i guess tomorrow ill get a DDD for that

Ash

I never had a path message

Nic

The IRS said most refunds will be issued within 21 days of the 15th, So it’s like you just filed. I don’t think anyone is getting anything until atleast mid next week and I filed the 19th January.

Nikki

This is a interesting tax season…I filed on 1/19 and was accepted 1/20, went to the WMR site and got my bar showing it’s been accepted. Turbo Tax sends me a text saying I can track my refund. So, I checked and had my bars 1/24 went back to check and had the Path Act message, now its after the 15th and I have bars, and it just says ‘processing”! Hope this is good news as its almost been over 21 days!! #CrossingMyFingers

jlc

I had no bars and path message filled on 23 accepted same day, no a lil after midnight wmr says still being processed and expected refund amount is this a good thing

diane

HR Block has a WMR checker for their filers. I checked through them after seeing the IRS PATH message and it said congratulations your return has been accepted and is completed.

Alyssa

I cannot even order my transcripts though. Everyone who has received the PATH message has been able to order transcripts for last year 2016.My friend filed the 28th, accepted 1/30, she received the PATH message on 2/4 & was able to order transcripts that day. According to the transcripts she has a DDD of 2/17. She was told receiving the PATH message means that your taxes have been approved & are ready to be deposited, but due to the law, funds cannot be released until 2/15. I just want to know how come I have not received the message.

WMR has not worked for me until after I’ve received my DD. I tried to order transcripts last year, but I wasn’t able to until 2 days after the money was deposited into my account. I just hope nothing is holding me up.

Bryan Casey
                          FedUp

I don’t think the PATH msg means you are done processing. My account transcript says processing date Feb 20

Alyssa

I filed my taxes on 1/30 & was accepted 1/30… I still have only 1 bar & NO PATH message!? Does anyone else who filed EITC/ACTC, have their return accepted & still have not received the PATH message. I can’t even request my transcripts.

I did claim both the EITC & ACTC, both were the minimum amounts, but I don’t believe the amount has anything to do with it… It will still be held until 2/15. Single, Head of Household, 1 dependent, same return for 10 years.

NeedInfo

I agree i think its a good thing but i think its a bit hasty to say your done but what does it matter you cant get your refund till the 15th or after…either way its good yes not going to say done because well it doesn’t say that.

Rendia

Hi everyone. Hope this can help. My bro in-law works for the irs. For the plp that have the path message is a great thing. U r done. Some will get a dd on Feb 15 it depends on ur bank. Other plp will get a date but it will be the following week. But ur money is on the way. So no worries.

NeedInfo

I think its odd people here say if you got the PATH msg your done processing…no one knows that and never ever trust the IRS! They will lie to you if you call before your 21 days and most dont know.

Take it to mean this…if you got the PATH msg then you are progressing that’s it other than that only be worried if you got a error code or instructions to call because even if they were done processing your not going to get a DDD until after the 15th.

Sasha Soza

Someone on the other site said that the refund is finished processing once you see the path message but once you see the path message you are actually not done because then they have to verify your w2. Don’t they have your w2 verified before they give you the path message. Its great if what your saying is true. Im like others this year’s needing my refund and i hope my return is fully finished processing after the path message. I don’t fully trust what the irs says because they all give different information

Jewel3283

Is it still good to get the PATH message before your return has been Approved? Mine said Accepted within an hour of filing, then four days later I received the PATH message.

Jewel3283

Is it still good to get the PATH message before your return has been accepted? Mine said Accepted within an hour of filing, then four days later I received the PATH message.

iiKryptic

@Bella
                                            That is what people refer to as losing bars. The PATH message will distinctly refer to the new law giving a bit of information about it and stating that anyone with the credits should check back after the 15th for a personalized refund status.

Bella
                                              @belladope

Hey everyone…question: Is the PATH message when the bars disappear and it just says your refund is processing and will update with a deposit date etc?

iiKryptic

@Ronda decesaro

The PATH act is a new tax law that was written in that does not allow the IRS to release tax refunds for people that apply the EIC and/or ACTC before the 15th of Feb. It is so that the IRS can better evaluate tax returns for fraud by cross referencing w2’s

Ronda decesaro

What is a/the PATH message?

MizuSeirei
                                                    @mizuseirei

Filed 1/23.
                                                    Accepted with 1 bar on WMR 1/24.
                                                    Bar replaced with Path Act message 1/28.
                                                    Ordered both account and return transcripts 1/28.
                                                    And now. . . . .that long wait lol.

Greg

Can somebody explain to me why I am seeing the PATH message now but did not file an EIC and I do not owe taxes so my child tax credit should not fall into the “additional child tax credit” range???

I was under the line of thought that these were the only two conditions that would delay your return. Now I get the PATH message… Thoughts?

My acct has already been pinged by the IRS for deposit. Filed and accepted on 1/24/17.

LadyLeo12

YAH!!! I got my path message yesterday! I am thrilled!!

MizuSeirei
                                                          @mizuseirei

I wish that the others (in other forums) knew this. Maybe it will calm a lot of them down.

Tara

I was accepted on 1/17 why dont I see the path message still have 1 bar and topic 152

iiKryptic

@Jennifer Echols
                                                              Correct, hoping we see DD date the week of the 15th.

Jennifer Echols
                                                                @2017taxes1984

I figured that was the case when I saw the PATH msg this morning. SO, they are all done and now all we have to do is wait. So,will they start releasing funds on the 15th?

Kat

That’s great! I suspected as much. Thanks for sharing.

Jim
                                                                    iiKryptic

Absolutely, we still have to wait longer than past years, but at least we know that the credits don’t put us at the end of the line to be processed.

Jerseygirl02

WOW! This is great news. Thank you for such useful information. I just filed last night 1/27,waiting on WMR to uplate for me. But,this will calm my nerves in the days to come! Ha ha

Viewing 31 reply threads
                                                                    • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.