PATH 2017 vs 2018

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season PATH 2017 vs 2018

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by John.
  • Topic Starter
    brooklyn

So I was reading a post i had made last year for the tax season

i filed 1/22/17 accepted 1/23/17 had no movement for 3 weeks until i had called 2/17/17(my 21 days were up) The first rep said i had to ID verf and when i tried to they wouldnt let me but i hadnt received a letter to do so. Different Rep asked me about prior returns and once we were done…Viola! i end up with movement the next day.

so basically i never updated to PATH and received my money 2/23/17

Im weekly so i dont plan to see anything until 2/3/18 but only time will tell

Every tax season is diffrent and full of surprises. If anyone had a similar experience post here or had got a deposit date WITHOUT updating to PATH post here

filed 1/24/18 accepted 1/25/18 both credits 1 bar on WMR

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        John

wmr updated and shows a DDD of 2-22 for me guys. hope all is the same for yall

Yasso

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!
            Hello all, last year I filed and was accepted in January 31, with both credits. Received my refund on February 22. I’m assuming the IRS will be following the same pattern this year. Let’s keep each other updates.
            Filed and accepted again this year 1/31. Let’s see how this goes.

Jessica

Last year we filled on 1/25/17 never updates to PATH then got our money on 2/23/17

This year filed 1/26/18 still on the 1 bar and generic message, I don’t expect it to update and would be shocked if it did! I expect our money around the same time as last year, it totally sucks because before this stupid law we would get our refund in as little as 1.5-2wks!

Happy tax Season everyone ;-)

Melissa

Last year filed 1/29 DDD 2/23 This year filed 1/30 and one bar since 1/31 no path message yet. Both credits

zapp

PATH both this year and last. This year, filed 1/24, accepted 124, one bar, tax topic 152 since then.

Last year was a nightmare. FIled 3rd week in Jan, accepted same day. Sat there for a week, and never updated. Called IRS to see why I never updated to PATH message, and was told they would not look into it until 15 FEb when all PATH updates. Feb 15th or so came around, and everyone updated to 3 bars with refund date. I updated to take action message. Called IRS again, told I needed to ID verify but, I had to wait for a letter to be mailed to me with a control number. That took 2 weeks. Called IRS to ID verify after receiving letter, told it would be 2 weeks or so until my return was processed after being verified. SO… no return until the end of March.

Oddly, I had same address for 3 years, same direct deposit account on file with IRS for 20 years, still had to id verify.

Someone I knew, moved and changed banks, so new address, new bank account, no id verify, got their return mid of February.

Ebony Wilson
                    @whatshappening86

i filed 1/27 everything went thru on 2/12 didnt get refund until 2/22 of 2017 after having the path message but this year!!!!……. i filed 1/20 accepted 1/22 with credits and then 1/26 or 1/27 not sure which date the path message again. ordered transcript for the 1st time ever so hat will be interesting to read but i also called today and this young lady that helped me was surprisingly nice & told me if no rejection message shouldnt have a problem with getting refund but my biggest problem is when that path bs message comes on that leaves us STUCK looking crazy trying to figure out whats going on amongs ourselves! we need a job at the IRS! We’re doing the most research!!! lol just kidding about that last part just need some shopping therapy! ; )

MizuSeirei
                      @mizuseirei

I’m hoping that things move smoothly and quickly for those of us who suffered last years wait on PATH. There should be a rule in place for those of us who have not changed filing status, or dependents / employment. I’m not sure if there is or isn’t, but it would be nice if we didn’t have to wait again. :)

Courtney
                        @lexky84

I filed on 1/5/18
                        Accepted 1/22/18
                        One bar 1/23/18
                        Ordered both transcripts 1/24/18
                        Updated to Path message 1/24/18
                        Still on Path message and Topic 152

Last year
                        Filed 1/6/17
                        Accepted 1/12/17
                        Path message forever
                        DDD 2/15/17

This year is moving amazingly fast. I’m kinda hoping that if you went through the first main “Path Act” last year then you shouldn’t be flagged unless your taxes have other issues. Making refunds come a little earlier.
                        Wishful thinking!

RRR

Filed 1/21
                          Acceptwd1/22
                          Eic actc
                          Had one bar went to path message no bar 1/27 still the same. So can anyone tell me where i stand at the moment

Teetee

@Brooklyn the same happen with me last year with the same dates you have. Then 2/23 of last year I got a deposit In my account but the bars hadn’t even moved, it was still a 1 Path msg. The Path mag didnt disappear until a day or 2 later. So I’m thinking it’ll be the same this year.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.