Michigan State Returns?

• Creator

Anyone here get a refund from michigan yet?
    Filed 1/25, accepted 1/26
    nothing for me yet

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 152 total)
  • Author

I contacted the state about the status of my return.
    Requested documents shown as received 4/25, Department of discovery states it was uploaded 5/14 and could take up to 20 weeks to process.

I originally filed 1/30, received the letter of inquiry 3/30 (2 months later) returned it immediately with the documents and here we are still waiting.
    Refund status – Pending Review until 9/12

After calling Yesterday I was told final documents were received 5/14 and it could take up to 26 weeks to close out the account.

If it takes the full time I’m looking at 11 months to get my return.

Kiri, I think you’re in the same boat as me. If you submit a question on the site you can find out when your documents were scanned into their system.

Mine were received 4/25 and scanned in 5/15.

If it makes anyone feel any better. Mine was filed Jan 29 / Accepted Feb 1. Still showing pending review est completion 9/12. I called today 3/24. I was told no letter was generated, mine is pending a manual review. This can take up to 16 weeks for someone to review. Once its reviewed they will either release it or request additional documents. So it may be as late at May 27 before anyone even looks at my return.

Well after waiting over 6 weeks to get my letter, I sent in my w2’s and id they received it March14th. That is still processing, return still pending review. Any freaking wonder this is happening under Snyder.

In decades of filing a returns in Michigan, this is nuts. I’m not a big corporation, I not claiming anything new, I didn’t move, change my kids or circumstances. No one else filed in my name, this goes so far beyond verifying ID. This was a deliberate attempt to garner more interest. Just another f’ing decision just like the bureaucratic cluserf’ck that got him in Federal trouble with unemployment.

This is absolute BS, Snyder and his corporate influenced changes need to go.

I’ve contacted the department of treasury again. this is their most recent response as of 6/23.
    “The Discovery and Tax Enforcement Division has received your correspondence May 12, 2016. Please allow up to 24 weeks, from the date that your correspondence was entered for review, to receive a reply. Your patience in allowing sufficient time for completion of your account is greatly appreciated.”

I filed on 1/31, it was accepted on 2/1. It took 8 weeks to receive a letter requesting additional information. I received the letter on 3/31 and returned it that day with the additional documents. The letter was returned to me on 4/23 and I called and faxed it in Monday 4/25 and sent the hard copies back in that day. Both sets were received 4/25 and 4/29.

My status is still pending review. I am now almost 5 months into this and they are saying it tan take up to an additional 6 months.

So I am so annoyed with the state of Michigan at this point and want to file some kind of law suit with the whole gosh darn state of Michigan.
    I filed my state on 2/12/2016 and it was accepted the following day by the state. A month later I received a letter stating I had to take the quiz well of course it didn’t let me pass so I sent in my information that was needed (ID and all that other stuff with a letter). Here it is almost August 1st almost 6 months later and still no return..no update on the website and the only response I am getting is an automated email stating I have to wait five weeks after i submitting my verification which was sent on 3/12/2016. The pending review completion date is on OCT 26,2016!! So now Im at the point of tripping out. I have tried to call the number several times and I was hung up on the first time after waiting a half an hour and hold times are so crazy I am unable to get through.
    I’m not sure what to do at this point. Maybe we can start a movement in making the state of Michigan pay for holding moneys that is not theirs to hold.
    Anybody recommend what I can do from here?

Still no change on mine, I’m keeping fingers crossed since yours was updated Kiri,

Mine FINALLY updates today to a DDD of 7/21. It has been an ABSOLUTELY unreal rollercoaster of emotions for this return this year. They basically held $600 of MY MONEY for six months because they “felt like it.” I feel like this should be totally illegal.

To all those who haven’t gotten theirs get, hopefully it’s coming soon. I can’t believe I filed on 1/22 and am JUST NOW getting my money.

Thanks for that info! I’ve never looked at any of those links before because the damn website likes to try and tell me I’ve tried logging in too many times and crap. It’s a crap website.

It says it was rec’d on 5/9 but it’s “processing.” No more information after that.

In the spot where you check the status there are two links below that, You can click on the one that says show status of letters sent to treasury and it will tell you when/if the letters were received. There is a second link where you can ask them about it. There is a 2-4 week delay between when the info is received and when it is scanned into the department of discovery and enforcement database. Mine was received on 4/24 and scanned 5/12. They said up to 24 weeks from there for me. I filed on 1/30 by the way.

Another two weeks have passed, still no update for me. :/ Sucks, because my return is bigger than my fiance’s was and it would be REALLY NICE to have.

Our DD got updated this morning too! 6/16 for my fiance’s. Mine still hasn’t moved, but I mailed mine in a little later because I had to get copies of multiple W2’s and ran out of stamps.

BUT YAY!

EDIT TO ADD: I also checked our return information and the amount refunded is EXACTLY the same as the amount we were owed. No interest or change at all.

Well I checked this morning and I have a D.D.D of 6-16 . Long process but finally here. Keeping fingers crossed.

Well I checked this morning and I have a D.D.D of 6-16 . Long process but finally here. Keeping fingers crossed.

Invaluable comments – BTW , if your business wants a IRS 8379 , my husband filled out and faxed a template version here http://goo.gl/NrzjPl

Wmr still says completed, I called to check and it says it was processed on … And does not say a date when it was processed.

Your return is in the final stages of processing and should complete in the next 14 days. You may continue to check the self-service website for additional information on the status of your refund.*** if your status is completed*****

I check mine just a moment ago via the website ; has updated to completed; no date; called the number to treasury the voice prompt stated it was completed however no date ; amount etc. Called to speak with someone however wait time was too long. will call in the am.

I checked ours and it says completed also . Thank goodness

I checked my fiancé’s this morning, his has FINALLY changed to “Completed” but with no DD date. The text says it can take a few days for that to update, but that’s better than the “wait until September” BS they’ve been give us so far.

I didn’t get to check mine because the site freaked out when I tried to log into it and said I’d used too many attempts. I’ll try again tomorrow.

Has anyone found anything out about Michigan Refunds ?

16 weeks since my return was accepted, 7 weeks since they received my ID and W2. Still nothing and was told to wait until December.

Just by chance, has anyone here have to file an injured spouse form with the IRS? It’s when ur spouse has a debt but it’s not yours so you can file the ISF to get your portion back? I’m so over this shit. Filed 1/25. Did all the quiz stuff to prove it was me. Getting no answers from treasury. Soooooo frustrated.

Ok, finally some movement. I filed in January, in March I got the letter to send in my W2’s and ID, id and they received those on March 14th. After a few weeks I started asking questions if they needed anything else online, blah blah blah. Canned responses online telling me nothing. So I start calling and press 3 I believe, to call in to follow up to correspondence sent to them. For weeks it took me to the automated line with a completion date of October something. Well last week it finally took me to a human and after speaking with him found out it goes by scan date. Today I log in to see they’re completed. No deposit date, but the website states give it 48 hours to update that. I waited this long, what is 48 hours ;)

State Return accepted 1/23/16
    Received letter requesting W2’s and ID copies last week in Feb.
    Mailed correspondence back 3/3/16
    Correspondence received on 3/7
    Pending review until Sept 2016, Until about two weeks ago it was updated to 5/14/16.
    Today is 5/17 still pending review…..

I just want to know WTF is going on? Ppl got bills and things to do. I called and spoke to a live person and was told basically my date should still be 24 weeks out even though the system was updated to reflect 5/14/16 expected completion.

I’m so irritated!

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it doesn’t have anything to do with Obamacare (or the ACA). I have state-provided Medicaid, my fiancé has his health insurance through his work. I get those advertisements all the time about the healthcare.gov site, even though I literally ALREADY HAVE insurance through the state. I don’t know why they insist on sending them out all the time.

Well it’s been two months since they received my W2’s and copy of my ID. I’m finally on the phone talking to a human, called the number and hit the option to follow up on a correspondence sent to the treasury. Did that before and it just told me it was received and gave me an outrageous expected completion date. Didn’t get any real answers other than the correspondence is scanned for review and it goes by the scan date. Mine is in the discovery department for review. And of course no timeframe. It’s not rocket science, two months since they received them and no movement. I don’t have obamacare, I have employer provided insurance. Not related to that. So I just continue to wait :(

Could this possibly have something to do with insurance causing the hold ups? Ours is way delayed also and we carry our own plan of insurance and do not go through the Obama whatever you wanna call it, yet we have gotten 5 Obama insurance information requests in the mail since we have filed for refund and we have not requested them… I find this very crazy for a state as poor as Michigan to be sending out all of these request to people not even requesting it and just throw them away like we do because we do not want it. One would think it would save Michigan some money by not doing that.

Could this hold up have anything to do with insurance maybe? We carry our own plan and do not have anything to do with the Obama junk plans but we keep getting information in the mail about Obama Junk and we are not requesting it !! Have not gotten our refund but we have gotten 5 since we filed our taxes and it is disturbing that the state wastes all the money to send them to people that are not asking for them and they just throw them away.. like we do.

I sent our W2’s and licenses in about 6 weeks ago and we STILL do not have an update. Both are still listed as “pending review” until 9/13. What the hell is going on???????

Does anyone know how to get a human on the phone. The number they give is nothing but an automated system with no way to get to an actual human.

So checked my status again, this time it says complete but nothing else… Was told wait 14 days now to see a return.. Previously my estimated date was October 1, so maybe I will finally see my refund this week.. I had to send in my License and W2’s. Sent back in beginning of March.

OK, this is getting frustrating. I sent Divers License and w2 copies and correspondence is in process , refund still pending review. Submitted question and got the standard 24 wks message. I called and refund says 9-11 and correspondence says 12-15. I check 25xs a day not knowing what time they “update”. Frustrating cause some people do not vacay and need it for paying bills.

Daniel Tolliver

My state return is still under review and my patience is running thin no update yet

How do I get a human when I call? All I ever get is the automated system. Does anyone have the number to get a human at the Michigan Treasury for returns.

I have read majority of the replies listed. I was interested in finding out what was going on with my refund. I filled in late January . I received my federal back but no state. In March I received a letter requesting I submit my W2s and ID. I immediately sent the requested information back the next day . This was done so the second week in March. Still no word, so I begin researching to see of others had a similar issue and I came across this posting .after seeing that a few of you called the treasury and went online to submit a question, I did both. I submitted my question 5 days ago and called on Friday. I was given the standard 24 weeks be . The date for website gave me was 08/30. The automated system when you call treasury stated 11/30. I called treasury and asked why the dates were different, why was the process taking so long, I questioned why they sent the request for additional information do late, I even asked was there a way to speed this process up or a complaint department lol. I emailed treasury asking what was the hold up , it said I had to wait 5 days for a response. I never received a response however I checked back online and my date was updated to 05/10!!!! Not sure if it’s luck or me being a nuisance but I’ll keep u updated . Good luck

I filed on 1/30, was accepted 2/1, pending review until 9/1

Received a letter 4/7 requesting copies of licence and W2’s.

Same envelope was returned to me on 4/21 as not deliverable as addressed. Not only did it take 2 weeks to get the returned letter back but apparently department of treasury forgot to pay the bill for their PO Box. I’ll have to call on Monday to see if there is something else I can do to get them to stop holding my return hostage.

I submitted original w2’s and ID two weeks….confirmed today that they did receive, but was told it will take 24 weeks to review…..that is 10 months for a tax refund??? I would be interested in finding out from others on this site if they are low income, medium income or high income. Trying to figure out if they are targeting low income individuals who have a refund coming back. Let me know please.

So I checked the website and my date finally moved from September to May 17. I mailed in my W2 and ID. I hope everyone else got a date that’s closer to.

It has been about 6 weeks for myself and have heard nothing back besides that they received my W2s and License copy. I was told 24 weeks for us to get our return… Sucks, I check every other day in hopes to see some movement.

T Albert

@penny. I think I pressed 3 or something to check the status of an assessment.

How do you get through to a person when you call? I can only get automated responses.

T Albert

Correction, smartness not guaranteed on smart phones with predictive text……

I called Treasury on Thursday to inquire with the standard canned response. Today I see completed and issued with a direct deposit date of 4/14. The amount issued did not change from what I had on my tax return. I hope this helps someone.

T Albert

I filed both federal and state of Michigan on 2/18.
    State was pending review until I received letter to do self-identity quiz on 3/23.
    Two days later, it went to completed, but back to pending review until 6/9/16.

I called Treasury on Thursday to inquire to no avail. Today I see completed send an issued with a direct deposit date of 4/14. The amount issued is did not change from what I had on my tax return. I hope this helps someone.

@natalie ok thanks so much

UPDATE: Money hit my account this morning. The amount was true to what I had posted before (90 less than I thought I was getting back). Not sure why, but if I get a letter explaining that, I’ll let y’all know. Looks like it has something to do with the homestead tax credit, though.

@D Scott, so what I ended up doing is having to call the Treasury number. I spoke to a woman named Diane, and at first she looked at my account and told me a letter had been sent out to me. I asked her if it was the identity confirmation letter, she said yes, and I told her I had already taken the quiz. She said that their records didn’t reflect that, but that she would do some digging and find out what was going on, because it usually only takes a couple of days for them to send the results of the quiz over.

I got a call a few days later from her, and she asked if I had printed my confirmation after taking the quiz. I did, so she had me fax over the confirmation, copies of my w-2s and a copy of my driver’s license. That was Thursday of last week. By Tuesday, I saw movement on the Michigan where’s my refund site. It said completed, but the transactions tab was still blank. Wednesday it updated again with an amount (less than my return was supposed to be, by about $90), as well as an “issued” status, and a new date of 4/4. Yesterday it updated again to say “paid” with an issue date of 4/4. Still hasn’t hit my account yet, and I have no idea why it’s $90 less, but I’m assuming I will get a letter explaining that. I’ll update once the money hits my account.

So my best advice would be to call the Treasury and ask for a woman named Diane. It seems like she may be the only person who knows how to do their job.

Sent in w2’s and license 3 weeks ago. State received them and still says pending review until October. Attempted to call but got no real answer at all…. I saw some people had to send in theirs as well, any status with any of you who had to do this?

I checked today – Now have a DDD of 4/5 and my amount is the same as I expected.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 152 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.