Friday 2/6/16 Filers…

• Creator
    Topic

ZM

Hi, didn’t see a thread specific to all of us that filed electronically on Friday, Feb 5th 2016. So here it is…

I filed on TaxAct, Friday morning, Feb 5th. Accepted like 15 minutes later.

Tonight, Thursday, Feb 11th, 11:58pm EST, Still shows 1 bat at the “where’s my refund” site. Cannot order tax transcripts by mail yet.

I thought direct deposits only went in on Fridays in recent years, but I’ve seen some people talk about a 2/16 DD date, which would be a Tuesday. This seems odd. I’m guessing if my DD doesn’t show up tomorrow morning on 2/12 before the Wheres My Refund site actually shows it, then it will likely be the next Friday on 2/19.

..I’ve also seen a chart that says anyone who filed electronically on 2/5 should expect the DD on Friday 2/19/16.

..Anyhow, all you 2/5 filers, be sure and post your status if you want to here! Thanks and good luck to you all!

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jill Graham

Hell no, I filled on line w/TT on Feb 5th called twice 2 different times. Spoke 1st to a lovely woman who stated that everything checked out and should be in 21 days.
    NOT ! My 2 one call was at Feb end and this woman told me to wait an additional 28 days which, brings me into the 1st week in April. SOooooo. we’ll see .
    Keeping the hope alive . ????

Scott

Update 3/12/16

I was finally able to order both transcripts Tuesday and this morning I wake up to my bars back, two bars. Waiting for “refund sent” bar now but also have a ddd of 3/16!

Anonymous

@scott

I verified on the 29th and on the 4th which was 4 days later I got a dd of 3/9. When did you verify your identity?

Scott

Anyone told 9 weeks after verifying seen their refund yet? If so, how long are people seeing it back on average? I’m at 7 days since verifying……

Taylor cranford

Has anyone who filled on 02/12/16 got there return yet?

Natalie

What is the website they’re telling you to go verify yourself?

Anonymous

Update #2: Finally got through to someone a lady had went through and asked me some questions and she said I was verified and would set my return back to processing. She said that she has to say it will be 9 weeks but that it’s usually a lot sooner. She also said they are doing a program right now that is supposed to help prevent identity theft, so basically anytime your filing status changes or if you have a new addition to the family, or even a change in address (which was my case) then the system flags and stops processing to verify your i.d. So now all I can do is keep checking on it and hopefully no more issues.

Trevor

This is absolutely ridiculous!! Called irs this morning only to be told that I should be receiving a letter in the mail for providing my health care from last year which I didn’t even have a clue I had. I’m so over my head with all this, my water is due tomorrow and is going to get shut off, I was relying heavily on this refund! This is so bull crap!

Anonymous

Update: Finally got a letter in the mail today 2/29. Sayes I need to verify my identity. So I go to the website that It tells me to and I get a message saying I can’t verify my i.d. online and that I half to call the number in the letter to verify over phone. Well every time I call it tells me that my call cannot be completed due to extremely high call volume.

Verna

I filed 2/5 and accepted an hour later. Refund approved 2/23. But received a different message- “Your tax refund is scheduled to be mailed by March 1, 2016. If you do not receive the refund by March 29, 2016, please contact us again. We are unable to take any action until then.” Is this direct deposit date?

Trevor

Still no news here. 21 days are up still says processing on WMR and no bars. I am definitely be going to give them my piece of mind this coming Monday if I don’t receive my refund by then. God knows if we owe any money to the irs they wouldn’t be waiting 21 days to get there money. So annoyed!

Jason

Still waiting. I filed on 2/6 and WMR still says ‘processing’. This is beyond frustrating. Is there anyone who filed on 2/6 that got their refund yet?

Herestowaiting

Anyone accepted on 2/6/16 get any news today.

I F/A 2-6
    Ordered account transcript 2/11
    Lost bars and wmr message changed to from we have received your return….to still processing on 2/22
    Republic DEP PRENOTE on checking account 2/23
    Finally able to order return transcript 2/24
    Called IRS 2/25 to check and was told no because return is still processing
    No change on WMR ….still processing TT 152 amount and info still on left side.

Trevor

Filed with TT on 2/6 and called the irs number provided here. They told me since this is my first year filing its probably going to take longer and that I wasn’t in the system yet, still says processing. Wmr says “your return is still being processed..” With no longer any bars. Very frustrated!

Anonymous

@lauren. Did you call the 800-829-0582 # by chance? I called this morning because today was 21 days and my refund is still processing. She asked me to verify my address, birthday and name and said i would give it 3 more weeks.

lauren

update

called irs and they gave me a # saying that iwas randomly chosen to be reviewed and that i had to verify my ID. I called the number waited a while on hold. Verified ID questions and the lady said to give it another 9 weeks. I asked if its possible to come earlier and she said yes, but she has to tell me 9 weeks. At least i have answers, but makes me wonder…if i would have never called in, how would i have known, they didnt send any letter or anything…..smh

jessimay415

I filed on 2/6 accepted the same day, the IRS website just said processing, its been close enough to 21 days so i called and the guy i talked to said its being help for a balance my husband owed for a previous year it should be released within the next 3 weeks.. always something!

lauren

filed 2/5
    rejected due to First time homebuyer deduction
    fixed error
    accepted 2/6

irs.gov site says return accepted, but there is no DDD
    supposedly should have it by the 27th according to the chart.

hoping for it tomorrow since its Friday. My husbands was filed and accepted on 2/5 he received his last week on a Thursday…weird.

This time of year always stresses me out, till the money arrives safe and sound lol

Anyone else?

Tifani

I filed my return on the 4th of Feb…I took me21tx’s advice, called the number and ext she provided and found out I have to send in the 8962 form with the information provided from the 1095A(Obamacare). Once received, it’ll take 6 weeks to process. sigh. At least no more waiting! Thanks me21tx!
    “me21tx
    This site Helped me so i would like to help others, if you filed your taxes on 2/4-6 and have not received a ddd call irs @ 800-829-0582 ext 652. Something is wrong!! I called and myself and my husband taxes are put on hold for the 1095A form for Obama Care. We only had it for a month so i did not think it was important, Stupid of me to think that, because the want the form before the release the hold. So if you filed your taxes without it and have not got it,CALL IRS NOW!! Dont worry if it have not been 21days,call and say you got an error message someone will help. Pray everything workout for everyone. For us now we start waiting allover. Peace and Love”

Ricardo

So I finally got thru and there is a hold on my refund because I had one month of coverage from the market place and they needed to verify if I could get tax exempt

NeedTaxRefund

anyone receive there tax refund yet i filed on 02/07/16 still no refund

Anonymous

Kris042008
    Yea I kno right… didn’t make any sense to me because how are the going to be able to look at my return after the 21 days are up if it’s still processing and they don’t have the ability to look at it while it’s processing?? And yes hopefully it’s a good thing and means everything is ok. But I still don’t see why it’s taking so long to process. I kno people that filed at the beginning of last week that received their return at the end of the week. So why mine has to process since the supposed date of the 8th is beyond me.

Ricardo

I called today as well and they said if I didn’t have a letter I have to wait the 21 days before I call back

Kris042008

Josh
    What!?! That’s rude, I’m sorry they couldn’t give you any info. I don’t understand why they couldn’t just tell you if everything was ok and if there were any errors or holds. Maybe that’s a good sign! Maybe that means that there are no issues with your return????????

afleck

Anyone who filed 2/5 get a letter yet? I know this is why my refund isn’t here yet, my bars disappeared 2/23. I have my form 1095a. Never received it in the mail had to call my insurance and have them email it to me. I don’t want to send it to the wrong fax number and need a batch number from what I’ve read?

Will

My Dd date is today. Anyone get theirs yet?

lsmith

anyone received yet?

Teela

FILED FEB 5
    Was able to order return transcripts Feb 19
    Got DDD date Feb 20
    My DDD date is today 2/24
    Money is going to a Wal-Mart money card and so far no money.
    Wmr doesn’t say refund sent yet?

Stella

I had DDD 2/24 and got nothing anyone else?

Anonymous

Kris042008

But you did help me get ahold of them which I almost didn’t think was possible, ha.

Anonymous

Kris042008

Right I get what you are saying. That’s what I did they would not tell me if there were any errors or holds. They said the didn’t have that ability til it was done processing

Kris042008

Josh
    I’m sorry your having difficulty with that number and the IRS. I have never had an issue. All I do is call and tell them I would liked make sure there are no errors or holds on my refund to prevent me from getting it. Ya they can’t give you a dd estimate but they can tell you if anything is wrong like errors of holds. I actually just called today and was helped no problem. Again they probably won’t be able to tell you when your getting your Refund but they will make sure everything is good to go and that there are no problems. That’s my experience but I’m sorry if it didn’t help you:(i

Anonymous

Kris042008

I’ve used that number several occasions and the extension… in my experience once you give them your information they see that it’s been less than 21 days and cease to provide any info. They have even went as far as to tell me they don’t have the ability to see your refund account until your refund has finished processing. To me it sounds like a secondhand call center just taking calls for irs. I’m probably wrong but that’s just my experience.

Kris042008

Kimberly
    I’m sorry your having such a hard time getting through If you call the number I listed below with the extension Someone will tell you what’s going on. Mine hasn’t been over 21 days and they still helped me.

Kris042008

Best number to reach the IRS is (800) 829-0582 ext #652 wait time is 10-15 minutes

Anonymous

I cant even get someone to talk to me because its not exactly 21 days yet. Its 18, and when I called and said I was worried why its taking so long, the woman said ill transfer you and I got the automated refund line again. So frustrating that we have to wait 21 days to find out whats going on. I hope everyone gets an answer soon.

JenniferC

Similar situation to most but with an offset.
    Filed TT-2/4
    Accepted by IRS-2/5
    1 Bar showed as received for a few days and sometime the week of 2/8 started showing “Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.” Topic 152
    Called on 2/19 confirmed offset lady told me a letter would be sent but didnt say if tax return had been processed. Was able to order return transcript on 2/19 as well. Checked this morning still says being processed. I know there’s an offset which is fine but it just seems to be taking forever, like take your money and give me the rest because my return was more than the offset. I’m worried now that I will be waiting for a few more weeks because of the horror stories on here. But the other stories give me hope so fingers crossed!

waiting game

@kenneth Thanks for the info. My nerves are terrible right now and I just want the satisfaction of knowing I will recieve my money.

Kris042008

Hi guys. As I was scrolling through these comments I can across some situations that I can relate to so I thought I would give you some advice related to my personal experience with my tax return.
    Someone asked about transcripts. Just because you can ORDER your RETURN transcript does NOT mean that you will receive your DDD soon. I was able to order mine last week and then called the IRS just to make sure everything was ok and I had a hold on my refund that I had to clear up which turned out to be a computer glitch. So just call the IRS when your unsure. There have been a lot of errors, holds, and computer glitches.

Anonymous

@me21tx

I followed your advice and spoke to a lady about my taxes. She basically told me the same thing as the representative yesterday. I asked her if there was anything wrong or if there was a hold and she said she won’t be able to access my return to tell me until it is done processing and that if I don’t recieve a dd by the 29th then to call back to see if a letter has been mailed out. I called back again right after and got a man, which told me the exact same thing. So everyone having trouble reachin a live person, take me21tx’s advice and use the ext. #. I only had a 7 to 10 minute wait time.

Kris042008

Attention Kimberly:
    The best number to reach the IRS and actually speak to a IRS representative is
    (800) 829-0582. When I called last week it was only like 10-15 minute wait. They will help you.

Anonymous

does anyone have a good number to call besides the number ending in 1040? I’m going on 18 days and still processing. I have a feeling it has something to do with verifying my identity but I cannot get through to anyone. this is complete torture.

Jess

@me21tx Thank you for that info. That is what happened to me as well. I did not file the 1095-A (Obamacare) form and now they have it on hold. I will have to fax it in. I hope there is not an extremely long waiting period after that.

If anyone who received a form 1095-A and did not file it, your taxes will be put on hold.
    I hope this helps anyone else.

kenneth

@waiting game,
    As long as you’re able to order the return transcript, your 2015 tax return is completed, and you’ll the update on the WMR next couple days.

waiting game

Hey everyone. I filed on 2/5 and I’m still getting the still processing message. I do have a offset I owe but I didn’t think it would take this long since almost every year I get and offset from owing the treasurer. But it’s kind of making me nervous now knowing I really need this money to pay off bills in full. I was able to order both my transcripts on the 19. So does that mean I will get my refund? Or that really doesn’t mean anything at all. Can someone please help me out. Thank you.

JimG

Got a expected DDD of 2/24/16
    I checked the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group site that was taking my turbo tax fees out this morning and they have received and released my funds to my bank. I should have them in my account tomorrow morning ! Glad this is finally over !

Ashley

Couldn’t get Refund Transcripts till the Night before the Update if that Helps anyone.

Ashley

I filed Feb,6th it said Accepted the same Day Spoke to a Rep Feb,15th an they said it was Accepted Feb,8th,I think the Acceptance Dates being moved had something to Do with the System Glitch @ the first week of February, Anyway was told it had not been Processed at All but there were No Issues,FINALLY After thinking it would never come I finally got Approved the 19th DDD is Feb,24th Hope its Smooth Sailing and I See My Refund by the 25th.Anyone receive there DDD Yet if So how Long did it take ?

me21tx

This site Helped me so i would like to help others, if you filed your taxes on 2/4-6 and have not received a ddd call irs @ 800-829-0582 ext 652. Something is wrong!! I called and myself and my husband taxes are put on hold for the 1095A form for Obama Care. We only had it for a month so i did not think it was important, Stupid of me to think that, because the want the form before the release the hold. So if you filed your taxes without it and have not got it,CALL IRS NOW!! Dont worry if it have not been 21days,call and say you got an error message someone will help. Pray everything workout for everyone. For us now we start waiting allover. Peace and Love

Anonymous

Ok so I filed my taxes on feb. 5th. Accepted an hour afterwards. Wmr say still processing and a date will be provided when available. and no bars. I called and spoke with a rep. Today the 22nd, and she said my 21 days is up on the 29th saying I was accepted on the 8th even tho turbotax says I was accepted on the 5th. Then she had said it could take up to 9 weeks. Also she had said to call back after the 29th to find out more if it’s still processing. So I’m getting frustrated with the lack of information as to what’s going on. So I guess now it’s just a waiting game. Still can’t order my return transcripts. She did say it might be taking longer since my address is different from last year’s but my direct deposit account is still the same. So any help if possible would be great as to what in the world is going on. The representative did say it was still processing and she had said 948 dollars was processed so far but didn’t explain what she meant by it.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 163 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.