1/28 Filed and Accepted POST HERE

• Creator

Anyone who has filed and been accepted on 1/28/16 post here. Now is the time to play the guessing game. I wonder how long it will take, is it usually 8 business days or calendar days for MOST deposits.

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 51 through 100 (of 646 total)
  • Author

Wells Fargo DDD for 2/18/16 received deposit at 3:22am ???????? finally… The wait is over… Woooosah. Good luck to all that’s still waiting. Hope you don’t bank with Wells Fargo or you’ll be waiting to the very very end. ????

DDD 2/18 going to Wells Fargo account. I’m literally refreshing my online banking screen every 2mins to see when my refund is going to post. It’s 2:48am est and still nothing!!! SBBT states funds were already disbursed yesterday. I swear I’ve had other problems with this unexplainable fee grubbing bank (Wells Fargo). But, I am almost certain they already received the funds even though they are stating they can’t see any pending deposit until it actually post! Who cares if they see it then…by that time I’ll see it to…. SMH

So to keep it short, today was my 21 days. I call in only to find out that they need to verify me. They gave me the 800 number and I have been calling since 7:30am EST and it keeps saying “due to the extreme call volume we are not accepting calls at this time”. SERIOUSLY?!? I’ve called back twice only to get the same run around. Finally got to talk to a nice guy though even though it was the same crappy story. I find amusement in the fact that they make sure to take my money ASAP out of my paycheck but when they owe it, they take their good old time. Anyone else have to verify today that actually got through? And what is the number they had you call to do the verification process???

Good afternoon everyone! Does anyone on here have the Wal-Mart money card? I’ve used this card the last 2-3 years and haven’t had a problem. But Santa Barbra released my funds but it hasn’t posted to my card yet… Should I be worried or jus wait until my DDD WHICH IS TOMORROW???

Hey Guys, for what it’s worth. I filed 1/28 accepted 1/28.. Bars disappeared this last weekend, expected refund date according to HR block is 2/18. Married/Joint return.

Here’s what I have been updated. I called this morning and found out that I was pulled for additional verification. If it’s any consolation, this is our first year filing jointly. I called the # given to me by the IRS rep to their Verification team. Verified information and was good to go. I asked if my husband needed to call in as well, she advised me he should. So my husband called in only to find out that he didn’t need to be verified just myself. The new refund turnaround is 9 weeks after said verification. I was also told that is the max and right now they are turning around much quicker. No timeline otherwise given. If you haven’t called IRS, and you’re in this same acceptance group, I suggest calling to verify if that is why. I will warn, you might not even be able to get through because there are so many callers, so keep trying. Also, they open 7am CT and calling immediately helps. My husband had to call 25 times before he was able to get through. I’ll update if anything new becomes available.

Tammy R.

Received text from Republic Bank at 9:20 am, stating they have sent my refund. I have a Netspend card, so I should have my money by 4pm today. YAY! FINALLY!

Hang in there guys, I too am in similar situation as some of you. I filed and accepted on 28th. Bars also disappeared on the weekend of 02/14 Valentines day and nothing yet. Generic message with no info saying your return is being processed and a refund date will be available here on WMR keep checking here, updates occur no more than once a day. I never had an issue before so it’s concerning, but like others I have no other error codes

I filed 1/28/16, accepted within the hour. I have one bar until 2/14/16 when my bars disappeared. Still no update today. I figured since my change came over the weekend, I am a weekly instead of a daily and will see a change this weekend. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Sigh, still at one bar.. SBBT doesn’t have the funds either. We got out state taxes so they should be fine. Update: contacted the IRS I had an offset for owed taxes, I was told another week and DDD will be available once the offset reflects on my account.

Filed/ accepted 1/28/16
    DDD 2/18/16

I guess I’m figuratively and possibly literally the only 1/28/16er to still have 2bars and no $. No deposit , no change, nada.
    Not gonna bother with calling WellsFargo or IRS. Just going to assume deposit will be on 26th instead. Sucks.
    I should have managed my money better this year. If i had i wouldn’t be stressing while waiting on taxe return.
    Note to future self.
    Stop living beyond your means and you’ll never have to worry about $.
    Lesson learned.

Sbbt says that they have sent my money to my account. My account isn’t showing it yet, but will soon! Yay!

Ok. I’m a little concerned because I’ve been reading all these horror stories about ppl who used walmart money card for returns…
    I’ve used a wal mart money card for mine the past 2 years and never had issues. I can’t be 100% positive, but I’m pretty sure that my money was on my card before my ddd as well…

Filed and accepted with Turbo Tax on 1/28 (LATE)
    WMR shows 2 bars
    2/11 11:10 am called irs… was told tentative date of 2/26
    2/12 able to order return transcripts
    2/13 WMR SHOWS DVD of 2/18 @ 4:10 am

I won’t be WAY TOO worried til tomorrow, but as of now, I still haven’t received my $ and turbo tax still shows accepted ( no updates there since 1/28…) so I’m wondering if anyone else has a wal mart money card and have received funds early or on time? And should I worry that turbo tax hasn’t updated…?

Chattagnoogan YAY for you! Replying to you last couple comments you are more than right God has tault us all patience indeed! Santa Barbara Tax Products said this morning money has been issued now the wait continues until my bank decides to post it and I’m at the finish line so glad you got yours and to everyone else that has recieved a DDD awesome! It has been a total of 21 days for sure! 21 long days indeed wow! To everyone else that is still awaiting I pray for you and I pray you are blessed asap with a DDD we all have a need and plan for our money its 1 time a year and we do count on it every year Amen and Amen!

Sleepless in Texas

Filed 1/27
    Accepted 1/28

Still nothing on WMR.
    No bar or tax topic. Just says it is processing.
    Ugh. :/

Oh and i filed with Taxslayer

1 Bar WMR:1/29
    Account Transcript:2/5
    Return Transcript:2/12
    2 Bar WMR With TT203(Offset) DDD 2/18: 2/13
    Funds deposited after offset paid. Bank is USAA:2/17

Good luck to the rest of you guys. It was a painful wait for me. I’ll be hanging around this thread for an hour or so if anyone has any questions. I’m no expert by any means just trying to help if possible.

Ok I take it back. I just checked SBBT again and it said it has my money and has sent it. Still nothing new on WMR and not in my bank but I’m guessing it’ll be there tomorrow. I hope.

I still have not seen mine on sbbt’s website. From what I gathered reading posts last week it usually happens in their website between 8-10am eat.

Nothing yet. But SBBT still doesn’t have my money either and had a notice that my 2/17 funding date has passed and I should call the IRS. I’ll wait till tomorrow since that’s my DDD.
    Good luck.

Finally there …

01/28 (Day 00) — Filed and accepted using TT.
    02/04 (Day 07) — WMR 1 bar (received); can’t order transcript.
    02/12 (Day 15) — WMR 1 bar but can order “Return” transcript.
    02/13 (Day 16) — WMR to 2 bars (approved); DDD of 2/18.
    02/17 (Day 20) — WMR still 2 bars, but $$$ are IN bank account.

Woo Hoo !

Can you anyone that has already gotten their return and of course they may not be checking this forum anymore as they are probaly out spending their money lol…

But if anyone read this that has already received their money and filed with TT did your money go to their bank then to your account or has the IRS shown to skip them this year and just deposit in accounts? I’m curious about that.

Sleepless in Texas

Tammy R.

Filed/Accepted 1/28
    I too have a DDD for 2/18
    I have been checking Republic Bank for several days and NADA!
    Hoping it will be sent to them soon, so they can send it to my bank.
    Good luck to all!

Re: “… God has tault us all patience indeed as for a very long time I have received mine in 7 to 10 days always! This year full 21 days! … ”

I too have e-filed w/ TT for the last 20+ years and have ALWAYS received my refunds MUCH more quickly than this time around.

However, I suspect that this years delay ‘s the “NEW NORMAL”

Taxing authorities and tax software companies have long agreed that the “Rush for Fast Refunds” was a key enabler for tax fraud. The idea is to take more time and verify that a return is legit before issuing the $$$.

Hopefully, IRS ACTUALLY IS performing more cross-checking during the 2+ weeks before a DDD is issued — although the skeptic in all of us probably suspects otherwise … and we’ll probably never know the real story.

Bottom line, IRS say’s “three weeks” and we should all expect that it will normally take that long henceforth.

if you get a refund earlier, consider yourself fortunate.

This just blows my mind reading all the stories of bars going bye bye what game show is the IRS playing or on lol! I feel for everyone even myself reading so many that their bars keep going away I keep checking mine we area in the same boat here for sure! This is has no dought has been crazy for sure!

Sleepless till my Deposit Texas

Filed 1/27
    Accepted 1/28
    Was told on 2/13 that they haven’t even begun to process my return at all.
    Bars Disappeared 2/14
    Called today 1/16 and was told that unless it gives me a code I will be fine but he couldn’t be positive as their system is down and even he can’t access it.

I too filed on 1/28/16 and was accepted the same day. I have a ddd for 2/18/16. I have been checking everyday, because it looks like lots of people got theirs early last week. I still have not gotten mine back yet.

Filed with HRB on 1/26/16, accepted on 1/28/16. No movement since. I called the offset number and we have none. It is our first year filing as married so I am not sure if that would be a reason.

Still waiting Accepted 1/28/16 and showing by Feb 18th. No refund as of yet. I think the IRS sends it over on Wed and should available on Thursday! Can’t count the chickens tho when it’s there it’s for real! Blessings to you and your refund!

Sleepless in Texas

Randall nothing yet for me Filed and Accepted on 1/28/16 and suppose to be by 2/18/16 nothing yet! Praying for you all! Truly full 21 days for sure come Thursday! God has tault us all patience indeed as for a very long time I have received mine in 7 to 10 days always! This year full 21 days! Blessings to you all that God will bless your return and you will receive your DDD! Blessings! Prayer works even if your against it or you think it’s a joke or you don’t believe it works it does! We all are in this boat needing it for family or pay off a car or bills or debt! Or your getting married or what not!

Sleepless in Texas

Excepted 1/28/16
    DDD 2/18/16

Just curious if anyone’s Got paid yet.
    That’s it.
    No IRS bashing here, just curious if anyone got their refund a day or two early.

bad news I was given an identity pin number however when they mailed it is was for 2014 so I threw that number away… called the IRS and received a new number, because I used the replacement number my refund is being held up for six additional weeks I will not receive my refund until 3/24/16

I had a really nice gentleman at the IRS this morning who looked into everything. He stated he saw no issues with my return and stated that I should hear something on Friday which he stated would be the full 21 days. I actually filed on 1/28 but they claim it was not received until 1/29. I have the email on the 27th showing accepted. Regardless, I just need my refund and I want no other issues. This is the longest wait and I really need the refund. I have been out of work for over a year. The government moves so slow I can’t stand it. Disability, IRS, etc. What has happened to our great nation. They are sure quick to take the money from us, but very slow returning it. Well at least the man this morning was polite and helped. I won’t be a happy camper come Friday and I don’t have a DDD. Should have had this over a week ago. Oh well… I filed through Jackson Prewitt

Spoke with a tax advocate this afternoon. Apparently there has been a lot of confusion with all of the 1095-A, B, and C forms for healthcare since the big switch in 2015. I did have healthcare coverage all of 2015, but because it wasn’t through my employer TT assumed that it was through the marketplace. This STILL makes no sense to me because 1. Why didn’t TT recognize that I didn’t have a 1095 form through my employer and 2. If they did happen to assume I got it through the marketplace, why didn’t they include a form 8962??? So even if I DID have insurance through the marketplace, i’d still be in this mess. Turbotax is to blame for this screw up, not the IRS for a change.

I’m having to get a hold of my stepfather and have him send me his 1095-C form so that I can get it over to the IRS. That’s IF I can find somebody there to actually help me and allow me to fax it in even though I haven’t received my “notice letter” yet. What a freaking joke this tax season has been. I was told it could be up to 90 DAYS before I receive my refund.

So I just called the IRS and FINALLY got a hold of somebody who looked into my account. He told me that my refund is being held because they are waiting on a form 8962, for healthcare. Beyond aggravated that I’ve been waiting for 19 days and have not been contacted in any way in regards to the issue. He told me that they sent out a letter requesting the form that should be here in a week and a half. SERIOUSLY??

I have health insurance through my stepfather, and not my place of work. When TurboTax asked me if I had health insurance for all of 2015, I clicked “Yes” because I did. It didn’t ask me any further questions. Speaking with a tax advocate this afternoon to figure out what the bleep is going on. Not a happy camper right now.

Well, checked wmr last night and my bar was gone! All it says is “you’re refund is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.” I called irs this am and was told that the systems are down today so they can’t even access the computer system. It’ll be 21 days in 2 days! I can’t. Irs is very messy this year.

I just got off the phone with a IRS rep that said they have a office on the east coast and that their systems are down there, so all call ate routed to his location, causing a system overload from all the incoming calls they are receiving…. Told me to call back in a few hours.

Still no movement on WMR and i’m getting an “experiencing technical difficulties” message when trying to order transcripts over the phone and online. I’m about to call the IRS and see if I can get somebody to talk to me. My 21 days are up on Thursday but seeing as how I haven’t even been able to order transcripts yet, I’m going to call. The only reason they would possibly have for holding or “reviewing” my return is that I have Education Credits this year… But other than that, nothing. I have never been so frustrated.

[email protected]

I have a DDD of 2/18. When I go to Santa Barbara Bank website, there’s pop up that says that WMR will show that money has been sent to your bank days before SBB actually receives it….so does that mean that my refund will not be in my checking account until a couple of days after my DDD???

Filed: 1/28
    Accepted: 1/29
    One bar until 2/15 when bars went missing….ugghh
    Called irs yesterday and got a lady who totally confused me but said something about identity fraud making my return to review…said would take at least 9 weeks to get refund….called back later and got a lady who told me to call and verify my identity and that’s the only problem she saw with my account…idk…so this morning…calling to verify identity. Called tax advocate also so i can get a better idea of what’s going on and possibly help speeding up this process. Irs is full of it…

well this morning my bars disappeared. Still cant order transcripts, this is making me so sick

Filed 1/27
    Accepted 1/28
    No movement from 1/28-2/14 (status bar stuck on first bar, or “processing”).
    Status bar disappeared last night when I checked WMR around 11:55 PM. Now it just tells me that it is still processing and I will be given a DDD when available. Still not able to order return or account transcripts. Starting to get REALLY aggravated… I’m going to be very angry if I don’t see something change soon.

filed 01/27
    approved 01/28
    ordered transcripts 02/12
    approved 02/13
    ddd 02/18 FINALLY!!!

the longest wait time ever! Truly 21 day return!

I have an offset for 2013 that was taken from my GA state return this tax season. Should I call and try the same thing just to see where my return is in the process? I am getting so frustrated this tax season.

I filed on one 1/29, I was accepted the same day around 10 AM. About a week and a half ago all bars disappeared. I check religiously to see if there is any status change and as of this morning , There was nothing. I called the IRS at 7 AM when they first opened and I said a small white lie to see what answer I could get from him. I told them that I had Seen a direct deposit date for 2–9 and everything disappeared a day after. He verified all my information and told me it was because of an offset in 2013 filed jointly from my husband. He did say that everything had been approved and they took that small amount out and it would be sent before the 24th. (Which is fine, I just wanted an answer!) and I got it.

e-filed on 1/28
    Accepted by the IRS on 1/28
    Been sitting on Received and processing since then. I cannot order transcripts either. Praying it changes soon. I have never had to wait this long as long as I have been using e-file. I do mine through FreeTaxUSA. They have never let me down. I don’t blame them though. I was worried I made a mistake, but I think because of the new identity theft screenings they are doing this year and the glitch they had on February 4. It’s causing some of us to have a delay. I really thought I would have gotten mine last Friday.

Still NOTHING. This is the same (MIND MY LANGUAGE) thing that happened last year, I had to wait a whole 8 weeks until I found out about TA. I called TA a few days ago and was told to wait but I am calling them again first thing Monday or Tuesday if closed for holidays. I have decided that I am no longer having federal taxes withheld and I rather withheld my taxes and place it in a interest producing account rather than waiting for IRS to process my return. I am single with no dependents and I know a few people with plenty of dependents who dependents where claimed by them one year and by other parent other year but yet received their taxes before mine. Extremely frustrating!

So from what I’m gathering here and other forums… It seems Irs does a big batch tuesdays and thursdays and on fridays you’re able to order transcripts and for sure every saturday they update the wmr site. For years Ive seen this patter about the site. Almost everyone that Ive spoke to has seen progress on wmr on saturday.

I’m in the same boat! :( hopefully we get good news tomorrow, or at least sometime next week!! :)

Filed 1/27 accepted 1/28
    No bars, tax topic, just that it is being processed.
    Waiting my 21 days to call. But i hope i get my money with everyone on the 18th.

I don’t have a ddd either and i have had 0 bars since i filed on the 26th..and my tax topic 152 disappeared also… when i called the guy said they didn’t accept my return till the 28th.. and that he supposedly couldn’t see anything wrong with my return and it was still being processed. And of course, told me to wait the 21days before I call again. :/ hopefully something happens next week. ……….

Viewing 50 replies - 51 through 100 (of 646 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.