1/28 Filed and Accepted POST HERE

• Creator
    Topic

MamaDee

Anyone who has filed and been accepted on 1/28/16 post here. Now is the time to play the guessing game. I wonder how long it will take, is it usually 8 business days or calendar days for MOST deposits.

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 646 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Smithb564

Okay this YouTube video is much enhanced than last one, this one has pleasant picture feature as well as audio. fegefeddbcebdbkc

STACEY

UPDATE

Filed 1/28
    bars disappeared around the 14th
    got a tax advocate on around the 18th

they said my return had been pulled for “quality review”

made several calls to the IRS and got nowhere, told to call back sometime in mid March.

Friday my tax advocate called and said she got me a DDD for March 2nd!! There was absolutely nothing wrong with my return. Checked WMR and my bars were back and I had 2 bars finally.

Yesterday I checked my Bluebird account and the money was there!! FINALLY! WMR is still at 2 bars…

This year and last year the tax advocate service got me my refund. Last year I didnt know about tax advocate and waited until April to get them to help me and they got me my money within a week after waiting almost 4 months. This year I can tell you the same thing would have happened if I had not been proactive and called them as soon as my 21 days were up.

go on IRS.gov and find out the phone number to your local tax advocate closest to where you live and give them a call. Leave a message they will call you back within a day.

Good luck, this has been so nerve wracking and all for nothing again. There was nothing wrong with my tax return this year or last year. Total BS

Ephrcbom

Rachel – May I ask when you faxed in your information to the irs? I was wondering what the time frame was for you to receive a DDD. Thank you.

fedup

fed up
    I filed on 1/27 and was accepted within an hour. My bars disappeared and i got tax codes 152 and 9001. I was patient till the 10th when i should of received refund. Called and ID verified and also got a TA that day who gave me a case number. I was told the same ole Bs everyone else is getting.

TA called me on the 17th and hinted that i may have a return this week or at least a DDD. I was able to order return trans. on the 19th. The account trans the week before and she was surprised on the account order. so then why would she hint i may be near the end of waiting? she had me fax in my hardship proof by the 19th. she didnt ask for anything else.

Got the account transcript and it reads no return filed!!!

TA- called me today and said that now i was on hold for income verification and that filing early had caused my return to go through before the employer verification arrived at the IRS therefore my return was put in limbo. I suspect this has happened to alot of january filers. She said my income ver. had been sitting with the IRS since 2/11 and ive just been sitting on hold . she sent request over today to have it released and said they have 72 hours to work my return and she will call me on the 3/2. and then will call me again on 3/ 9! when i should have my refund. UGH.

She also said that if i hadnt been proactive it may have been months and months before i had seen a refund. I ve been stalking here and i just wanted to add my story , maybe it will help someone that needs their return like i do.

Rachel

UPDATE:

Filed 1/27
    accepted 1/28
    Bars disappeared 2/13
    Called IRS and found out I was missing 8962 form that I didn’t even know I needed.
    Faxed in 8962 form and 1095-A form as requested, no change on second page of return.
    Got a letter from IRS in the mail requesting 8962, 1095-A, and second page of return, shit. Tax advisor told me not to fax it in since it was identical and just to “wait.”

Tax topic 152 showed back up 2/20, still no bars.

Checked WMR this morning and nothing, no bars, unable to order transcripts.

Checked WMR a few minutes ago and bars were back, I’m APPROVED!!

I can see the light at the end of this obnoxiously long tunnel! Refund will be deposited 2/29! So unbelievably happy right now.

STACEY

UPDATE!

Still nothing. My tax advocate has done nothing, when I call they tell me they cant even find my return now. FML and f the IRS

Erica

@KK: No one is blaming the software. Lots of people that are having their taxes done by tax preparers are being informed to wait until Form 1095-A or helping them fill out the necessary forms to expedite the request even faster. TT and most other software’s failed to do this which is causing further delay. You are right about Obamacare slowing everything down. However, lots of these software programs are making things drag worse than it already is. You might be educated, but you have no #class. Keep your troll comments to yourself. Thank you

Anonymous

So anyone have a DDD of today 2/24 and not get it yet….so irritating. I called my bank and they don’t even have it. Wth is going on. I’ve never had this much trouble with taxes before.

Christie

Alright. so I was a 1/28 filer/ accepted same day/ refund transcript available 2/13, was told today my return has been finished. called today and spoke to IRS: “youre finished processing.. but for some reason your return was stuck to make sure you didn’t owe anything.. cleared her system she verified I didn’t owe anything. said I should have my refund by next week the latest.”

KK

Why do some blame the taxpreparer or software on delays? IRS processing changes yearly… You’re delayed because of irs not the software… The Obama care has slowed a lot of people down. even for those who have employer insurance, still validating with marketplace…do homework

Erica

For those of you still waiting and actually filed on 01/28, yes. he answer is OBAMACARE. I just received a letter in the mail asking me to contact the MarketPlace and obtain certain forms. Makes me frustrated! Unacceptable. Anyhow, if you’re still waiting DO NOT WASTE ANYMORE TIMES! Contact the IRS and get down to the point. I will not use Turbo Tax again. This was my first and last year and they should have caught this or at least notified the tax payer PRIOR to submitting a return. SMH. I truly pray for those that need their refund immediately. I hope we all come to a resolution.

STACEY

FILED AND ACCEPTED 1/28
    BARS DISAPPEARED 2/13

I GOT A TAX ADVOCATE AND SHE BASICALLY FOUND OUT THAT IT IS ONCE AGAIN THE OBAMACARE THAT HAS HELD UP MY TAXES. SAME THING LAST YEAR AND I DIDNT GET MY MONEY UNTIL THE END OF APRIL. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. NO ERROR, NO MISSING FORMS JUST THEM WAITING ON THE MARKETPLACE TO PROVIDE THEM WITH INFORMATION TO CHECK MY RETURN AGAINST. RANDOMLY SELECTED FOR REVIEW. SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE WITH OBAMACARE GOT THEIR MONEY RIGHT AWAY, BUT SINCE I DIDNT USE MY FULL CREDIT THEY OWE ME MONEY BACK AND THATS THE REASON FOR THE WAIT. MAKES ME SICK.

Christie

Filed 1/28 and accepted 1/28

Bars disappeared 2/13
    Tax topic disappeared 2/14

As of today 2/22 no updates.

Cathy

by now, everyone knows the number to call the IRS, if you don’t know, the 800 number is 800.829.1040

this is the trick to to get a speak to a live person at the IRS when you call the 800 number:

1. call 800.829.1040

2. when you hear the recording press select the option ‘information about personal taxes’

3. after the machine send you to the next menu, just let the recording end, and then it will transfer you to a live person

*NOTE: if these steps do not work for you, continue to try Other Options below. One way or another, you will get a live agent.

Anonymous

all of us deserve our hard earned money I bet those testicle tasters got there shit .. uncle Sam can eat a shit flavored foot long

Anonymous

The irs can lick the bottom of my sack

EffTheIRS

Lol. Of course nobody wants to post anymore or help others now since they got their money or DDD. How selfish people are. Thanks a lot!

Chattanoogan
    @xlgtmega

Final Chronology:

01/28 (Day 00) — Filed and accepted using TT.
    02/04 (Day 07) — WMR 1 bar (received); can’t order transcript.
    02/12 (Day 15) — WMR 1 still bar; CAN order “Return” transcript.
    02/13 (Day 16) — WMR to 2 bars (approved); DDD of 2/18.
    02/17 (Day 20) — WMR still 2 bars, but $$$ ARE IN BANK ACCOUNT.
    02/19 (Day 22) — WMR updated to 3 bars

Another tax year now in the rear-view mirror …

Anonymous

Yayyyyyyyy

So heres my update.

Filed and accepted 1/28
    Bars disappeared completely
    Able to order transcripts 2/13
    Just got my DDD of 2/24 this morning even with my offset :)

B-Ohio

Ok guys here’s my overall timeline…

Filed 27th
    Accepted 1-28

Waited 21 days (2-17) and called IRS to find out I needed to verify ID. After painstakingly repeating to call the number they gave me for over 10 hours I finally got through and verified myself on this day also…… Was told it would be up to 9 weeks to get the return.

2-18 was finally able to order my return transcript. No change to WMR though, still said processing.

2-19 WMR changed to saying “taxes are now being reviewed”

2-20 at 4:05AM just woke up and checked WMR…. All of my bars are back and it’s giving me a DDD OF 2-25. Hopefully it deposits! Lol

So. If you have to verify do not be discouraged with “9 weeks” line. They have to cover their own butts. Mine apparently so far is 1 week but we will see if that holds true!

I hope this helps guys!
    Cheers!

Anonymous

Filed and accepted 1/28
    1 bar on WMR till Monday 2/15

IRS call revealed my return was in Error & Resolution…

Hard to even type still shaking mad from 5 hours of calls between IRS and marketplace

My issue and I hope none of you have it

I have paid half my sons insurance since he was 5 yrs old…
    When I filed my taxes I had no clue she had changed her insurance to market place

IRS says they need proof he was covered and that I should be able to put his SS and birthdate in somewhere on marketplace site…Not true

The only way I could get the 1095A is from my sons mom
    That’s not going to happen..

Marketplace wont give me info as Im not on her account. My son was on the account till July 2015 when his mother took him off policy as he was off to the Marines..

So after waiting my 21 days…the easiest solution is to contact IRS and let then fine me for the months I cant prove he was covered regardless of recipets I have showing I paid half his insurance. Cheaper to let them fine me then to take his mother to court

The system sucks!!!!!

Johnnie

I waited my full 21 days and called and they finally let me know what is holding my taxes up it’s my 1095a medical form thanks Obama now after I fax this in its gonna take another four weeks I don’t understand why we had to wait all this time to find out something so simple if you haven’t got your taxes I suggest you call because they will not let you know if you have a problem until you do good luck y’all I hope everyone else gets better news as long as one of us got it some of us got it

Jackie

Filed 1/27
    accepted 1/28
    no box or TT or anything else besides its saying its processing.
    Called IRS and spoke to a guy who was very nice. And said i should expect my DD feb. 24th!
    So relieved!

Ksaries

Thanks @Rachel. I called them at they said it was the marketplace. They said I had to resubmit my healthcare taxes form. I agree with you. Tax software should catch missing forms.

Lori

I called the IRS today and decided to be overly nice to see what the response would be… I know many people have had bad experiences with rudeness sof I started of by thanking the rep for taking my can and just did what I would normally do… use please and thank you and of course I’ll hold, I know how busy you must be…..
    Well kindness goes a long way…

I filed 1/28
    Accepted 1/29
    For 3 weeks still processing …..as of 1/19

TODAY I WAS TOLD MY DDD is 2/26.

Rachel

Ksaries:

If you are past your 21 days it more than likely means that your return was missing information or was rejected for one reason or another. I’ve been going back and forth with the IRS for the last couple of days… I talked with somebody on Wednesday (the day before my 21 days were up) who happened to be very helpful. He looked up my account and told me exactly what was missing (a form 8962 for marketplace healthcare, TT’s fault, not mine) and I was able to fill out the form that night and fax it in to them the next morning. I called again today and got a very uncooperative lady who refused to give me any more information than you’re being given until I pushed her to check the account. I just wanted to know that the fax was received.

She told me that my fax was received and my refund was now being processed again and I should have my refund within 4 weeks. I’m hoping since they’re already processing it that i’ll have it within the next week or two.

Call this number: 1-800-829-0582 Ext. 652

To get a live person. Sometimes you will get a representative that will open your account immediately, even before you ask to know what’s going on… That’s great. Some won’t, and you will have to push them. Tell them that you don’t want to wait 3 weeks for a damn letter when it’s something they can look up at the moment, so at least you’ll have some information.

Hope I helped… The wait continues.

KSaries

Officially at 21 days. I was told that I was receiving something in the mail but still now able to order any transcripts or and the address on my refund was never updated. Is this possible? Or was the rep just guessing?

Anonymous

@Eli well that’s good news. Sounds like we are all in the same boat. Hopefully tomorrow the website will update and we will all have DDD.

Eli

Filed 1/26, Accepted 1/26, Bar and tax code disappeared 2/14

Called this morning, No need for ID verification. got DDD 02/24/16.

WMR still stating being processed.

files with Turbotax and direct deposit using chase bank

Hope it helps

Anxiously Waiting

I filed and accepted on the morning of 1/28/2016. I am a first time filer and after waiting the full 21 days, I called yesterday and spoke to a rep who informed that it would take longer for me to receive my refund since it is my first time filing. I do not believe this to be true since i have other friends who are first time filers and they filed after me and both have received their refund as of last week and the other received it yesterday. I have been unable to order my transcripts up until today. I was able to order both return and account transcript via the automated number but still can’t order via the website so maybe there’s a delay in the website updating. My WMR bars went missing and was replaced with the generic “Your refund is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available” since 2/13/16. Since I was able to order transcripts, I am hoping I fall into tomorrow’s group of DDD. Good luck to you all.

Rm

@Kim

When you spoke to a rep what did they say? If it has been past your 21days they should be able to tell you if you need to verify your ID…
    The number they gave me is 8008305084 you will probably have to call every minute until you get through… they are very busy. But, i would try calling the regular number again 8008290582 use ext #652 to get a live person and see what they say.

Anonymous

I have noticed that many of us lost our bars and it seems that a majority of ones that have called have had to verify their identity. I read in another forum that many did not actually HAVE to verify their identity, but that since they called the agent told them they did. Has anyone that has not received a DDD yet tried to verify your identity through the online service that the irs offers and if so, what happened?

Tya

Filed 1/28 HOH
    accepted 1/28
    2/11/16 ordered account transcripts
    bars dissappeared 2/13/16
    2/18/16 called said I was in the clitch batch, it should be processed within 2 weeks
    2/19/16 able to order return transcripts

hopefully we will all start seeing deposits next week!

Anonymous

@ sleepy…it may mean you have to verify your id. I had id fraud in 2013 and had to verify my id last year when i actually filed my 2013 taxes. They told me this year you have to verify for three years after you are required to file so i would recommend requesting a pin number also. I didn’t have that and didn’t know i had to verify until my bars went away this year. Good luck .

S/N:Seems like alot of people are being put on hold until verifying this year since all the glitches.. Especially those who filed around 1/28.

Anonymous

Omg…so

Filed: 1/28
    Accepted:1/29
    2/15: bars went missing
    2/17: verified id phone
    2/19: FINALLY!! Able to order refund returns…
    ….hopefully this means i will get a DDD soon ????
    Good luck to everyone…will keep you updated.

Anonymous

Just checked WMR and I got this message:

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

with tax topic 152 and no bars… anybody have any idea what it means?

STACEY

I filed and was accepted on 1/28, bars disappeared about a week ago and I cannot order transcripts. When I called the IRS I was told that I was flagged for further review and to call back at the end of March if I still hadnt gotten my refund. I got a tax advocate a couple days ago and faxed her my proof of hardship. Last year, the same thing happened. The tax advocate was able to get me about 1/3 of my money within about 2 weeks of contacting her and then I got the rest of my money around the end of APRIL!!. All for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. All of my friends and family got their refunds within a week. Its so unfair, why me!!!???

Anonymous

@rm
    What number do I need to call? Iv tried calling the 800 829 1040 number.

Lee

Good info. I thought perhaps I was the only one accepted the 28th with no updated info on the 21st day. I am hoping that because I’ve moved to another state since 2014 text cycle and adding new job, address, checking acct number, etc hasn’t caused mine to be pulled for verification purposes because I don’t think I’ll ever get through the phone lines to talk to a live person! I do have student loans but not in default and no other debts to warrant a freeze. It is all so weird considering it appears most of us who had the “luck” of being accepted 1/28 were all flagged for some reason for further review. :(

rm

@Kim
    I would call and see if they tell you to IDverify.
    I had the same situation and that’s what my problem was.

Anonymous

Okay so I filled with H&R Block on Jan. 28th within a few min. the irs had accpedted my refund. The lady at H&R Block said that I would get Feb. 5th. That didn’t happen last Wensday my parents got theirs as well as my sister. I kept checking the Where’s my refund and Saturday/sunday my bars disappeared but said your refund is still being prosceed. A date will be provided when availiable. My 21 days is up today and I stil have nothing. What should I do?

“Patiently” Waiting

I filed on the 28th of January and have been stuck on no bars for about 2 weeks.

I was able to order both transcripts about a week ago – recieved my account transcript in the mail today.

I called the irs today. The representative stated that my refund was approved; however, a ddd has not been made yet. She said to call back in two weeks if I haven’t recieved my refund.

:/

Anonymous

Also I was able to order my transcripts on 2/13 so I don’t understand what the hold up is…or why I don’t have a DDD yet…

Anonymous

I filed and was accepted 1/28. Nothing yet…website still just says processing. I will have back child support coming out but other than that this is the longest it’s ever taken…getting really impatient…

JJJJJJ

Thought I’d share my return timeline

01/28 – Filed through TT and acceptedthe same night.

02/12 – Able to order return transcripts

02/13 – Approved on WMR and received DDD of 02/18

02/18 – Received funds via Chase but WMR still shows 2nd bar “Approved”

I received my funds on 02/18, WMR shows 2 bars showing “Approved”, TT website still says “Accepted” so neither WMR or TT are keeping up with the actual status.

Charlie

I finally called today 21st day. Lady of coarse told me not much information and acknowledged that many of us are still showing still processing. She asked me some information on my 2014 tax return to verify me. She said it’s good news that it says processing and that just keep watching the WMR app or website that it is up to date and that I had nothing to worry about. Patience is a virtue LOL. Hang in there guys for those of you stuck in my same spot.

Myrtle Beach

Received my refund today at about 730 this morning
    Accepted on 1/28
    Wells Fargo

Mommade7

called today (day 21) and was told my return was frozen. The lady said they were running all returns through verification to see if anyone owed $$$ for child support, student loans, etc. She asked if my hubby or I had a student loan that was in default or if we owed back child support. I said no and she said “ok” you will have your return in less than 2 weeks.

What?

Chattanoogan
    @xlgtmega

Updated Chronology:

01/28 (Day 00) — Filed and accepted using TT.
    02/04 (Day 07) — WMR 1 bar (received); can’t order transcript.
    02/12 (Day 15) — WMR 1 still bar; CAN order “Return” transcript.
    02/13 (Day 16) — WMR to 2 bars (approved); DDD of 2/18.
    02/17 (Day 20) — WMR still 2 bars, but $$$ ARE IN BANK ACCOUNT.
    02/18 (Day 21) — WMR still 2 bars

Clearly WMR is operating on a “time delayed” basis

Rdl

$ in bank. Nice.
    ???? luck to the rest of yall.
    ✌.

Viewing 50 replies - 1 through 50 (of 646 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.