• Smoore posted an update in the group Tax Refund Offsets 1 year ago

    Tax advocate called this morning. Refund will be offset wends. Offset for 600.00 unemployment tax debt. Refund is 7000 will they take all 7,000 or just 600.00? Tax advocate didn’t know much about what to do or if it would all be taken. She said to call BFS Thursday. Another question is will it still be able to DD or check?

    • Lana replied 1 year ago

      They will only take the amount of the offset.
      If you set it up for DD then that’s how you will get it.
      If not, then it will be a mailed check.

  • Smoore posted an update in the group Amended Returns 2 years ago

    Help!! My refund was taken due to student loans. My husband only works.. I sent in the injured spouse form along with 1040x. It says it was revived on march 3. And that’s all. Should I have not did a amended return only sent in injured spouse form? And I dead what I should do? Hav my husband call IRS? Send in another injured spouse form?? First…[Read more]

    • We are going thru the same thing. H&r block told us to send in amended return and injured spouse and now we are screwed and have to wait the 16 weeks. I get no help when I call IRS

  • Smoore posted a new activity comment 2 years ago

    I can’t find anything saying that code or anything about the form. It’s been 3 weeks since I sent it out. Anything else I can do to find out. Can you call IRS?

  • Smoore posted a new activity comment 2 years ago

    What transcription do I look at? There is 4 choices.

  • Smoore posted an update in the group Injured Spouse 2 years ago

    Help please!! Taxes were taken due to my student loans. Husband is the only one working. Filed one week after finding out about it being taken. Is there anyway to find out if the IRS got our forms or if the check has been sent out? Any info is appreciated..